Robert Half Employee Reviews

Pretty much worst environment I've been in
IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary1 February 2017
Was fired because I came in 5 minutes late 3 times.
Best accounts go to preferred people, not spread around fairly.
No training
Bring in 5 job seekers a day. Why? Not to help them find a job, but to find out where they're interviewing all so you can go and do a end run around and put in your own people. Ethical? Hardly!
Not allowed to make a permanent placement (project/consulting only)
Mark ups of 75% (plus a dollar!). Brutal when your competition has mark ups of 50% and lower.
Pros
Can't recall any
Cons
Favortism
Interesting to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 December 2016
Good atmosphere, very caring management, trying to meet your basic needs.

Good work-life balance.

Good peers

Job is not hard if you know what to do

You enjoy your everyday because you work with good team
Pros
Caring, good management
Cons
Low payments
Very Supportive
TEMPORARY ADMIN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
Working as a temp throughRobert Half allowed me to have a good work/life balance. IThey helped me find a full time job for the past year which was a godsend, especially in this downturn
Great training and exceptional colleagues
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
Calls in the morning meetings in the afternoon. Learned to conduct professional meetings and make cold-calls. Great mentoring but miscommunication from top to bottom of organization. Fantastic colleagues. Soliciting and filling jobs is challenging, very competitive and saturated market. Working together with colleague was very enjoyable.
Pros
Vacation and Benefits, training
Cons
Difficult market
fast pace
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
I liked working in the large organization with lots of different people. The company offered lots of training and development with was fantastic.

i did not like recruiting and found it to be a let down not being able to help everyone find employment.

Training and development was the best part
Pros
training
Cons
could not work from home
Working on mandates
Accountant (Former Employee) –  St- Laurent, QC1 March 2017
I really enjoyed working on mandates. New challenges and meeting new colleagues. I adapt easily to new environment and it was amazing to learn so much. I decided after a while to go back to a permanent position as there was a lack of mandates at that time in my field.
Pros
New challenges and learning different procedures
Cons
They are a big help in finding administrative jobs
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2016
Office Team delivers on their promise to find a job for you. They are easy to communicate with and they respond to emails immediately. It was a pleasure working with them.
Pros
They can easily find a job for you
Cons
Sometimes its just for a period of time and not permanent job
Great recruiters
Accounting Contractor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 February 2017
I was interviewed by three Directors in one day and got a job within 2 weeks. Very friendly and detailed oriented team. Although I did not get the job I wanted at first, I did get my first experience as an employee in Canada through RobertHalf.
stop
Customer Complaint Department (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 January 2017
I did a lot of contract work for Office Team through Robert Half. Was good a few years ago, now has really died down. Would not recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fast paced, high pressure, but great work life balance.
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 November 2015
I enjoyed the position and the people I worked with. I learned a ton from this company. Management was supportive and let us have enough free reign to get our jobs done. I found compensation a little low and didn't agree with some of the strategic decisions that the management took.

Overall good place to work if you enjoy metric based work.
Working with Robert Half - Humber River Regional Hospital Foundation
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2012
My assignment at Humber River Regional Hospital Foundation (HRRH) was through Robert Half (Office Team)

The typical day at the office started with checking of emails and taking action on them if any. Updating files on Raisers' Edge and other regular office work.

I learned taking minutes, a task which I thought was not my forte and with the help of the management and my immediate supervisor I was able to take minutes very comfortably.

My co-workers were very helpful since the day I walked into the officer. There was no time during my stay at the HRRH that i was treated like a temp..

There was no such part as the hardest part of the job as I was guided throughout my stay at HRRH

All work at the HRRH was enjoy able especially when being taught about the Raisers' Edge and the amazing parts of the program.
They gave me some very good contracts.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2014
Being a contractor is a constant learning process, as each new company always has a different computer program that they use and must be learned quickly. Since the positions are usually for maternity leave, vacation cover off or just to assist in catching up on the back logs, its a challenge to keep up with constant change of co-workers, positions, travel and duties expected. They used to be a lot busier back in the day, but now it seems many companies have found their permanent employees and in office replacements and cover offs. There are no raises though, and there are no benefits included. If you pass on a contract that's offered, you may be waiting a very long time before another one comes along.
Provided excellent opportunities as Payroll Administrator
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 October 2015
Robert half provided several contract opportunities in my payroll /benefits field. Processed biweekly and semi monthly payrollsfor salaried and hourly staff. I reconciled vacation entitlements, maintained HRIS benefits, administrated pension plans. Provided new environments and processes.
No loyalty at all
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario Canada19 June 2014
Robert Half is not a very loyal company to work for. Too many lines of business calling in to the same companies looking to sell their services. I have friends who have been bombarded by all of their divisions and will not use them at all. Very high turnover rate internally and support for growth is minimal. Very little praise or recognition for job well done, yet when things don't well you hear about it immediately.
Pros
Nice title and that is it
Cons
Culture, no loyalty
Great work opporunities with varied Accounting roles and projects
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2014
In my role as an Accounting Clerk at Robert Half Finance and Accounting, I primarily worked on a long-term work assignment at Amovo Workplace Environments after which I had the opportunity to transfer to Amovo Inc. on a full time basis.

In my role as an Accounting Clerk, I had performed successful creations of quotes as per client design approval and converted these quotes into purchase orders to be transmitted electronically to vendors.

I have meticulously verified product details on purchase orders by cross checking vendor product acknowledgements with the generated sales orders. Subsequently reported major discrepancies to vendors. Subsequently, coordinated shipment information between sales and production ensuring adherence to deadlines on major client projects namely various Ministries and law firms

In addition, I have Independently managed company payables, receivables, supplies and overall cash flow for daily operating activities.
Pros
Varied work assignments
Cons
Salary/benefits
good place to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 August 2016
This is a job placement agency, different experiences, hardest part is getting use to your co workers and the position and it being only a term position
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not permanent
Approachable Employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2015
They are very much accommodating and you will feel that you are their special employee. When it comes to salary they will pay you on time and they will give you a proper job that is best for you an to your profession.
Good work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
I enjoyed working at Robert Half (Office Team). It is a fast-paced work environment and great people. They were very helpful.
I often experience the pressure that the clients place on me because of the high rate wage, which I am not actually paid for.
Legal Assistant/ Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2014
This employer is an agency and has its own upsides and down sides. It has high job security and offers a variety of different type of work places, but it pays far too low rate compared to the rate they charge.
Pros
High job security and diversity
Cons
Lower rate salary than actual market rate
Great temporary job agency!
RECEPTIONIST/ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
I spent time working at Robert Half through OfficeTeam when I took a year off from university and had a great experience with them. There isn't really a "typical day" because you are often at one office for a day and another the next. But, in my experience I primarily worked in offices as an assistant or receptionist. These gigs were anywhere from 1 day to 2 months long and the pay was okay, typically $14-16/hour, but in some cases I recieved over-time pay which was great. They also pay you every week which is something I liked! If the recuiter calls you with a job that you are not interested in, they are typically fine with you turning it down (I did this for some opportunities that were only for a day) so it has flexibility. Overall, I would reccommend OfficeTeam to anyone who is in between jobs and wants to gain administrative experience!
Pros
flexibile hours
Cons
can be hard to adjust to new environments quickly