Robert Half Employee Reviews

Pretty much worst environment I've been in
IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary1 February 2017
Was fired because I came in 5 minutes late 3 times.
Best accounts go to preferred people, not spread around fairly.
No training
Bring in 5 job seekers a day. Why? Not to help them find a job, but to find out where they're interviewing all so you can go and do a end run around and put in your own people. Ethical? Hardly!
Not allowed to make a permanent placement (project/consulting only)
Mark ups of 75% (plus a dollar!). Brutal when your competition has mark ups of 50% and lower.
Pros
Can't recall any
Cons
Favortism
They are a big help in finding administrative jobs
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2016
Office Team delivers on their promise to find a job for you. They are easy to communicate with and they respond to emails immediately. It was a pleasure working with them.
Pros
They can easily find a job for you
Cons
Sometimes its just for a period of time and not permanent job
fast pace
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
I liked working in the large organization with lots of different people. The company offered lots of training and development with was fantastic.

i did not like recruiting and found it to be a let down not being able to help everyone find employment.

Training and development was the best part
Pros
training
Cons
could not work from home
stop
Customer Complaint Department (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 January 2017
I did a lot of contract work for Office Team through Robert Half. Was good a few years ago, now has really died down. Would not recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good for managing work life balance
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Various locations around Winnipeg4 June 2016
A typical work day involved fulfilling contracts for the companies clients in administrative or accounting work. I enjoyed this type of work because I could take off as much time as I needed when I needed it. This suited me during the past year when dealing with family issues.
Pros
Flexible work terms.
Cons
You don't get paid if you aren't out on contract.
good place to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 August 2016
This is a job placement agency, different experiences, hardest part is getting use to your co workers and the position and it being only a term position
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not permanent
Good work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
I enjoyed working at Robert Half (Office Team). It is a fast-paced work environment and great people. They were very helpful.
Great temporary job agency!
RECEPTIONIST/ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
I spent time working at Robert Half through OfficeTeam when I took a year off from university and had a great experience with them. There isn't really a "typical day" because you are often at one office for a day and another the next. But, in my experience I primarily worked in offices as an assistant or receptionist. These gigs were anywhere from 1 day to 2 months long and the pay was okay, typically $14-16/hour, but in some cases I recieved over-time pay which was great. They also pay you every week which is something I liked! If the recuiter calls you with a job that you are not interested in, they are typically fine with you turning it down (I did this for some opportunities that were only for a day) so it has flexibility. Overall, I would reccommend OfficeTeam to anyone who is in between jobs and wants to gain administrative experience!
Pros
flexibile hours
Cons
can be hard to adjust to new environments quickly
Great training and exceptional colleagues
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
Calls in the morning meetings in the afternoon. Learned to conduct professional meetings and make cold-calls. Great mentoring but miscommunication from top to bottom of organization. Fantastic colleagues. Soliciting and filling jobs is challenging, very competitive and saturated market. Working together with colleague was very enjoyable.
Pros
Vacation and Benefits, training
Cons
Difficult market
Excellent company, well structured. Solid employment, reputable clients
Forensic Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 May 2016
Excellent company, well organized, fabulous support structure, ensures employees have excellent clientele. Excellent pay scale with reputable clients.
Fun Place top work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2016
I was a temp worker for this company for a about one year. In that time I work with different companies working administrative and data enter roles through out the city of Toronto. This was a stepping stone for my Administrative duties into Scotiabank.
They gave me a lot of opportunity to learn on contract basis and with our them I would not have some of the skills that I have today.
Pros
Learning different ways companies run
Cons
Not being a stable Job
Nice Cia
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 May 2016
Professional, nice opportunities, good partners. I worked in some good projects and I always showed my skills. I am able to require my needs
Pros
good support
Cons
few projects
great company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2016
great company to work for. alot of marketing and training tools to set you up and hit the marketplace.Grow client and candidate network.
Fast paced, high pressure, but great work life balance.
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 November 2015
I enjoyed the position and the people I worked with. I learned a ton from this company. Management was supportive and let us have enough free reign to get our jobs done. I found compensation a little low and didn't agree with some of the strategic decisions that the management took.

Overall good place to work if you enjoy metric based work.
Great opportunity and a great place to move forward in the business.
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 December 2015
To scan all the files upload in the system and verify the information, opening mail, recording the cheques and mailing out accordingly,answering the phones, upload information onto BOB Net and MJ system and assist where's needed.
Provided excellent opportunities as Payroll Administrator
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 October 2015
Robert half provided several contract opportunities in my payroll /benefits field. Processed biweekly and semi monthly payrollsfor salaried and hourly staff. I reconciled vacation entitlements, maintained HRIS benefits, administrated pension plans. Provided new environments and processes.
Working with different companies and different people allowed me to learn and apply new skills and information in a short period of time.
Placement Agency - Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2015
Office Team has been great to work for, they take a lot of the guessing out of the employment game by pre-screening applicants and employers.
Amazing Agency
Assorted Sales Positions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2016
An excellent placement agency.
Upper class and intuitive with an amazing team behind them.
Hard working and an established business.
Are very supportive of their candidates professional goals.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2015
Always manage to have work for Candidates that align with professional career goals. Great people to work with. First assignment I received turned into a permanent position.
Different & Interesting
Property Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 August 2015
Each work assignment is interesting cause you get to meet new people and work in different locations. You can learn lot of different experience in workload. The greatest part you can learn new skills and show off your skills with co-workers.
Pros
Meeting new people and new locations.
Cons
Waiting for assignments