Roadrunner Transportation Systems

Roadrunner Transportation Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced. Need ability to multi-task
Director of Applications Development (Current Employee), Cudahy, WIJanuary 7, 2016
Fast paced. Need ability to multi-task. Need to have ability to integrate into multiple systems. Work long hours and on call. Transportation company needs to run 24 hrs a day.
Great place to Work
customer service (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 16, 2015
A friendly place to work with amazing people. Very steady and fast paced office environment. You work with all kinds of different people and customers on a day to day basis.
One big disappointment
OTR driver, dedicated route. (Former Employee), Stockton, CA.November 17, 2015
Pros: Drove a brand new 2016 International Pro Star condo. All drop & hook. Pulled new trailers.
Cons: I ran between 8-9000 miles per month at .40 cpm, I went thru 3 fleet managers in leas than 2 months
Recruiter told me complete lies & half truths. On my dedicated run I would get 3500 miles one week & 1200 the next week. I was told that I would get a higher cpm pay for my experience, it wasn't true. Managers & dispatchers in Cudahay were quitting often. My loads were rarely ready on time. My run was suppose to be from Stockton,CA. to San Antonio, Dallas, & back to Stockton. I only went to San Antonio once. The recruiter gave me the impression that I would receive drop pay on my route. Also wasn't true.
good company
focus account rep (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILNovember 4, 2015
Pros: gym reimbursement
Cons: Angry customers
Great company lots of benefits and perks. lots of tracking and tracing on the customer service side of things. This is a great place to work and an awesome work environment.
Not enough freight movement to cover all contractors
Contractor (Current Employee), OhioOctober 13, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: $225, 000 to the truck, that's a lie no freight
I currently have a lease truck And have a contract with them.
My truck is not making any money matter fact I'm $2500 in the hole and my credit rating has plummeted 100 points my bills are stacked up and I'm teetering on bankruptcy. You can't run 700 miles sit two days and then run another 800 miles and sit three days for a load, I have a family and responsibilitys . I left a great job with great benefits to come over here and what a mistake, if you're considering Road Runner slap yourself and MoveOn.
Company layoffs
Pricing/ Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 9, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Layoffs
While I worked there it was a great place to be, work life balance was fine. However, the problem was upper management. There was very little communication about company direction or problems at hand.
Terrible place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Livermore, CASeptember 24, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything I said and more just terrible place.
One of the worst places to work. They over work employees. They say they have you as part time and you work over 40 hrs a week with no benefits. They give out the worst raises. The hours are terrible. The discipline employees for the dumbest reasons. The San Francisco terminal is terrible the management is absolutely terrible. They say they care about their employees but they don't they try to work you to the ground. If see this job posting pass it up and save your self from having no life and working for a terrible company that can care less about you. I'd give them all no stars if I could.
Learned a lot from a bad experience
Loader (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FL.August 17, 2015
Pros: Got to travel
with my dad transporting boats and bikes. I learned how to load boats and bikes, how to fill out invoices, how to secure/strap down both the boat and bikes. My dad was my manager, he taught me a lot about the business, but he was in it for all the wrong reasons. The hardest part for this job was being on the road for long periods of time. The most enjoyable thing was getting to travel and see things I've never seen before and go places I have never been before.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Current Employee), Livermore, CAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Not sure where company will move next year.
High call volume helping customer monitor their shipment. Helping new customers navigate website, quote shipments and assist walk in customers.
Challenging
driver (Former Employee), Boston MAJuly 8, 2015
Even though reporting challenges and policies not being followed no one at RRTS wanted to make waves. It seemed that CTW could do its own thing. Costa made his own rules
Company full of favortism and corrupt staff.
local independent contractor (Current Employee), Atlanta gaJune 3, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: cheap company, takes forever to fix trailers, limited pay
I am an independent local contractor. The main local dispatch has no clue about the buisness. Gives all the good paying routes to friends. You always have to sit and wait for and empty trailer because most of them are in the yard broke down. Your pay is watched constantly. If you have drive and want to get paid for your production don't come to this company.
Freedom
Certified CDL Driver/Property Handler (Former Employee), Cudahy, WIOctober 4, 2014
An OTR company that offers you the freedom to book your freight and hometime. Your travels are completely at your discretion.
moved south
CDL (Former Employee), Burleson, TXAugust 5, 2014
good people to work for
good equipment
not enough work
no set hours
Accounts payable one person to do three peoples job.
Customer Service and problem solving (Former Employee), Cudahy, WIJuly 7, 2014
Pros: i received a paycheck every two weeks
Cons: could have used more help
Busy day. Company went through layoffs in 2009 and they kept the work horses. Mgmt was not following proper chain of command. VPs, Presidents, Directors would by pass my boss and come to me. This was not a practice that was appreciated by my boss or me, but was not going to change.
Productive and fast paced work environment
City Dispatcher (Current Employee), Bolingbrook ILJune 5, 2014
Fast paced work environment where an employee needs the ability to multitask. A lot is asked from each individual employee and the reward shows later on. You learn a lot about the transportation industry from any position in this company.
Good company
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Romulus, MIMay 21, 2014
fast pace, positive environment, load/ unload trailers, good co workers,
Large Corporate Office Setting
Corporate Customer Service (Former Employee), Cudahy, WIMarch 28, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough cross training
Typical day at work consist of daily inbound & outbound calls; helping customers with their accounts and meeting their expectations. Management is hands on and the co-workers are flexible and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was getting customers to the correct department. There was never a flow chart of managers or departments that would process matters accordingly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team environment and work atmosphere.
It is wonderful to see the world from a truck.
Semi-Tractor/Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Main office located from Cudahy WIAugust 9, 2012
Pros: meeting so many people, a wonderful experience.
Cons: not enough time at home being a otr driver
My day at work consisted of being a safe driver, whice I enjoyed the long hours of driving actually. While attending driving school I felt I learned quite a lot, but being a actual driver I have to say it much more challaging. But I leaned the importance of making wide turns, distance between you and the vehical in front of you,breaking, not letting your load shift, down shifting, and shifting up mountains. I had a wondeful teacher, he tought he alot of very impotant points in driving a tractor/trailer.I fell the hardest part of my job was releasing the 5th wheel, and sleeping while the truck was in motion. Understanding the log books got the better of me too, but I feel I have that now.
The most enjoyable part was learning the truck business. Wanting and needing to grow with this industrial work.I'm looking forward to learning more with driving a large truck and differnt types as well. Seeing the different parts of our country. Difference between states are just incredible. The sences are awesome. And of course meeting all kinds of people. Our country is just beautiful out there.
Dedicated trucking company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 18, 2012
Pros: exciting work
Cons: long commute
A typical day at work involved rates and checking the status of various shipments in transit. I learned about the AS400 Rating system. The management was talented and the co-workers were really a joy to be with. The hardest part of the job was the commute. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting goals and deadlines for the Shipper's in the DFW metroplex
Industry