Roadrunner Transportation Systems

Roadrunner Transportation Systems Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Accounts payable one person to do three peoples job.
Customer Service and problem solving (Former Employee), Cudahy, WIJuly 7, 2014
Pros: i received a paycheck every two weeks
Cons: could have used more help
Busy day. Company went through layoffs in 2009 and they kept the work horses. Mgmt was not following proper chain of command. VPs, Presidents, Directors would by pass my boss and come to me. This was not a practice that was appreciated by my boss or me, but was not going to change.
Productive and fast paced work environment
City Dispatcher (Current Employee), Bolingbrook ILJune 5, 2014
Fast paced work environment where an employee needs the ability to multitask. A lot is asked from each individual employee and the reward shows later on. You learn a lot about the transportation industry from any position in this company.
Good company
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Romulus, MIMay 21, 2014
fast pace, positive environment, load/ unload trailers, good co workers,
Large Corporate Office Setting
Corporate Customer Service (Former Employee), Cudahy, WIMarch 28, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough cross training
Typical day at work consist of daily inbound & outbound calls; helping customers with their accounts and meeting their expectations. Management is hands on and the co-workers are flexible and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was getting customers to the correct department. There was never a flow chart of managers or departments that would process – more... matters accordingly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team environment and work atmosphere. – less
It is wonderful to see the world from a truck.
Semi-Tractor/Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Main office located from Cudahy WIAugust 9, 2012
Pros: meeting so many people, a wonderful experience.
Cons: not enough time at home being a otr driver
My day at work consisted of being a safe driver, whice I enjoyed the long hours of driving actually. While attending driving school I felt I learned quite a lot, but being a actual driver I have to say it much more challaging. But I leaned the importance of making wide turns, distance between you and the vehical in front of you,breaking, not letting – more... your load shift, down shifting, and shifting up mountains. I had a wondeful teacher, he tought he alot of very impotant points in driving a tractor/trailer.I fell the hardest part of my job was releasing the 5th wheel, and sleeping while the truck was in motion. Understanding the log books got the better of me too, but I feel I have that now.
The most enjoyable part was learning the truck business. Wanting and needing to grow with this industrial work.I'm looking forward to learning more with driving a large truck and differnt types as well. Seeing the different parts of our country. Difference between states are just incredible. The sences are awesome. And of course meeting all kinds of people. Our country is just beautiful out there. – less
Dedicated trucking company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 18, 2012
Pros: exciting work
Cons: long commute
A typical day at work involved rates and checking the status of various shipments in transit. I learned about the AS400 Rating system. The management was talented and the co-workers were really a joy to be with. The hardest part of the job was the commute. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting goals and deadlines for the Shipper's in the DFW – more... metroplex – less

About Roadrunner Transportation Systems

Roadrunner Transportation Services Holdings, Inc. is a non-asset-based transportation and logistics services provider offering – Read more

Roadrunner Transportation Systems Photos