Roadrunner Transportation Systems

Roadrunner Transportation Systems Employee Reviews

Run from this Place !
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH3 March 2017
The company runs you around and the back round people almost get you fired poking around at your current employer causing a huge blow up. Then they want pay stubs and w2 which is not their business for a job. Get away from these idiots not to mention the freight is the slowest in the country. Managers are all new and unqualified
Pros
nothing
Cons
pay is very low, poor managers
good training for own authority
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WI14 February 2017
provided the building of relationships with brokers and more freedom to approach exploration toward obtaining own authority...........................
Poor management.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI2 January 2017
Bait and switch company. Have to wait 90 days before moving your truck to another company, and can only move to another road runner affiliated company. They nickel and dime your settlements down to nothing, no communication between drivers and company. You are basically a company driver with a truck payment.
Pros
Fast trucks.
Cons
See above review.
Horrible
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CA10 December 2016
Horrible place to work. At least 15-16 hrs per day yet only paid for 10. They push their drivers to the brink of fatigue. Very high turnover rate with no overtime whatsover. No 401k plan. No holiday pay. You actually pull double shifts but they justify keeping you on the job by giving you (4) 1 hour lunches or 3 hour lunches...all due to noboby likes working here.
plenty of hours available
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Burton, MI7 December 2016
plenty of hours availabe, good equipment, local and regional runs delivered expedited load abd dedicated load and pick ups
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
plenty of hours
owner
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Leslie, MI19 November 2016
I loved having my own family run company, but it got to a point where the jobs were slowing down and money was tight. I needed a more stable job for my family.
Great company
Agent (Former Employee) –  Home Based31 October 2016
Communications there was outstanding but to many chiefs! This was a home based business. I was told to speak to one person for questions, then when I called that person he/she would tell me to talk to another person and so forth. I got the run around to get questions answered. Antiquated agent platform using Mercury Gate and other sites. It took forever to get a rate quote for a customer. Just wasn't a good fit.
Pros
Good rates and service
Cons
Antiquated agent platform
fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC31 October 2016
its was a good job unloading loading trucks until we was done with all the work for that day. but when it is hot it is hot and when its cold its cold in the building
Pros
money is good
Cons
managment sucks
Cost cutting impacts customer expectations.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MN26 October 2016
Overall the company is a fun place to work. There are times that it can be stressful but that is the nature of the business. The management of Roadrunner tends to cut costs to increase profits but it typically has an adverse effect on the service to the customers.
A good place to work if your young
Supervisor dispatcher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO23 October 2016
Too big an age difference in management. Salaried employee work over 50 hours a week a lot of times. Nice working area clean and newer. I did multiple jobs including answering customer service calls.
Pros
15 days vacation after 5 years
Cons
Ate lunch at my desk while working
Wonderful place to work
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WA7 October 2016
Wonderful place to work. Staff was kind and well mannered. I learned a lot of skills in a short period of time. Love the people I worked with.
Sitting at desk working
Transportation Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WI26 September 2016
Frowned upon when talking in groups

Great people, Fun Food Days
NFL Days / dress down days, Halloween Fun.
Great Coffee, vending machines

Hardest part of job is the phone calls from truck drivers
Great environment to grow and learn to succeed
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GA13 September 2016
Worked with some of the best leaders of the company. I had a tremendous opportunity to grow with this company because of the many advancements that were available.
Pros
Tremendous room for growth.
Cons
Long hours that pay off if you are willing to grow your success
Documentation
Operations Assistant for Chicago City Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL9 September 2016
• Responsible for Foreign to Foreign documentation by preparing bills of lading, export declaration, certificates of origin and related documents for global transactions.
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Support Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX25 August 2016
Roadrunner Transportation Services is a very good company to work for we are all very productive and it's a fun workplace. There is definitely not a high turnover rate.
horribly company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI22 August 2016
worst company to work for. I sat at the bus station for over 4 hours when I got there and no one would answer the phone. no one was there to pick me up when they said they would. when they finally called wanting to know why I was not at orientation they told me their credit card was declined and that was why no one was there to pick up. When being sent back home from orientation they the bus did not get to its final destination until 130 in the morning and over an hour away from where I live/where I originally was picked up. very rude people with no compassion or manners. i never got paid for my 2 days at orientation. worst company ever!!!!!!!!! will never work for them again.
I say when and where I wanted to drive
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MN7 August 2016
self employed, I loved it but I just wanted to be at home, I sold my truck and now I kinda wish I had not. I could have just a couple of weeks off to take a break then went back to it. My husband drives as well.
Pros
my our boss
Cons
if the wheels aren't turning you are not making money
Operations Supervisor.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA8 July 2016
Work was very challenging at times however the team that i was over worked together under my supervision to expedite and complete the task. Management was very knowledgeable about the SOP and guided me when i needed help. I didn't find anything hard at work and that was the best thing about work.
Nonfamily oriented
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL29 June 2016
Upper level management of the company have lost touch with their employees. it was a good company when I first started. family owned and operated. Then went public and lost touch with all employees
Pros
come and go as you want
Cons
no discipline
plenty of room for growth. Enjoy the work place and the job itself
Corporate Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO1 June 2016
Enjoy the work place and the job itself

Plenty of room for growth

Fast moving

Great location

growing business

Independent contractors
Pros
good pay, hours, benfits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roadrunner Transportation Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7