Roadrunner Transportation Systems

Roadrunner Transportation Systems Employee Reviews

Great environment to grow and learn to succeed
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 13, 2016
Worked with some of the best leaders of the company. I had a tremendous opportunity to grow with this company because of the many advancements that were available.
Pros
Tremendous room for growth.
Cons
Long hours that pay off if you are willing to grow your success
Documentation
Operations Assistant for Chicago City Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 9, 2016
• Responsible for Foreign to Foreign documentation by preparing bills of lading, export declaration, certificates of origin and related documents for global transactions.
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Support Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2016
Roadrunner Transportation Services is a very good company to work for we are all very productive and it's a fun workplace. There is definitely not a high turnover rate.
horribly company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 22, 2016
worst company to work for. I sat at the bus station for over 4 hours when I got there and no one would answer the phone. no one was there to pick me up when they said they would. when they finally called wanting to know why I was not at orientation they told me their credit card was declined and that was why no one was there to pick up. When being sent back home from orientation they the bus did not get to its final destination until 130 in the morning and over an hour away from where I live/where I originally was picked up. very rude people with no compassion or manners. i never got paid for my 2 days at orientation. worst company ever!!!!!!!!! will never work for them again.
I say when and where I wanted to drive
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNAugust 7, 2016
self employed, I loved it but I just wanted to be at home, I sold my truck and now I kinda wish I had not. I could have just a couple of weeks off to take a break then went back to it. My husband drives as well.
Pros
my our boss
Cons
if the wheels aren't turning you are not making money
Operations Supervisor.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2016
Work was very challenging at times however the team that i was over worked together under my supervision to expedite and complete the task. Management was very knowledgeable about the SOP and guided me when i needed help. I didn't find anything hard at work and that was the best thing about work.
Nonfamily oriented
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 29, 2016
Upper level management of the company have lost touch with their employees. it was a good company when I first started. family owned and operated. Then went public and lost touch with all employees
Pros
come and go as you want
Cons
no discipline
plenty of room for growth. Enjoy the work place and the job itself
Corporate Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2016
Enjoy the work place and the job itself

Plenty of room for growth

Fast moving

Great location

growing business

Independent contractors
Pros
good pay, hours, benfits
This company is for its self not the employees
OTR Driver owner op (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2016
If you would like to go broke and be treated like a idiot then this is the company for you. I ran 4000 miles a week and lucky to bring 1200 dollars home . Can't hardly keep a truck on the road like that . This place is a joke. It's run by a bunch of con artists. They are not driver friendly there are so many hidden charges that you can not make it here as a lease op or owner of.
Cons
In the process of reorganization and growth for the better.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 20, 2016
Working for Roadrunner was very rewarding when you knew exactly where your customers shipment was and if it would deliver on time.
Bad company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Maine, MEMay 10, 2016
This company is one of the worst company I ever worked for. They have heavy over weight load I kept getting over weight tickets. There staff/dispatch don't know what there doing far as giving out loads. They never paid me a paid check they just kept giving me efs advance's and I ask them for my pay check they say they don't know.
Not a fun place to work
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 30, 2016
You have no one top go to for advise or help. Most of the IC's don't have steady work habits. Some are rude to you and you are treated like you don't work for the same company!
Pros
Plenty of home time
Cons
No management
Worse place I've ever worked
Lease purchase operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 27, 2016
Simply a lease purchase ripoff . Turnover rate was extremely high due to the lack of truth and consistency. Planners had their favorite drivers and the dispatch team would try to give you low paying runs just to move the freight .
Bad Experience
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2016
I did not have a good experience at my time with this company. While I did learn a lot, it was because I taught myself. There was a lot of what I call "high school" drama and clicks. When I first started there was a great manager. Once he left it was a very bad situation and stressful.
Pros
Experience
Cons
poor management
Dedicated driving routine
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 21, 2016
It was ok but could have been better alot of downtime and waiting at shipper trucks were decent but the pay wasnt the greatest
Pretty distant contact group
Transportation Agent (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIApril 21, 2016
Just too big to get support.

Too much red tape.

Not good follow through when carriers have issues.

Sometimes can't get hold of anyone on the phone.
Wouldn't recommend any one to work here.
W&I Analyst (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 30, 2016
low pay with so much work to do. they only hire through agency so there is no benefit/PTO/paid vacation. very low raises if you even get one.
Terrible
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 12, 2016
This has to be one of the worst places i have ever worked

The management is terrible and does not know what they are doing

The only upside to this place is you can be late as many times as you want and you will not be in trouble
Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I started at this company in 2012 and it was a good company, I was working as a driver for a flat bed delivering pipe to the oil well companies.
Pros
They were busy for a while
Cons
oil well slowed down
Company has grown over the years
CMF & Pricing Administrator Manager (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WIFebruary 5, 2016
With the company growing which is a good thing but I feel they did it a little too fast in the last 6 years buying too many companies too fast. 2015 was not good for the company financially. And that is why they had a to reduce the workforce. Eliminating many positions within the company.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Growing the company too fast

2.6