Roadrunner Transportation Systems

Roadrunner Transportation Systems Employee Reviews

Nonfamily oriented
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 29, 2016
Upper level management of the company have lost touch with their employees. it was a good company when I first started. family owned and operated. Then went public and lost touch with all employees
Pros
come and go as you want
Cons
no discipline
plenty of room for growth. Enjoy the work place and the job itself
Corporate Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2016
Enjoy the work place and the job itself

Plenty of room for growth

Fast moving

Great location

growing business

Independent contractors
Pros
good pay, hours, benfits
This company is for its self not the employees
OTR Driver owner op (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2016
If you would like to go broke and be treated like a idiot then this is the company for you. I ran 4000 miles a week and lucky to bring 1200 dollars home . Can't hardly keep a truck on the road like that . This place is a joke. It's run by a bunch of con artists. They are not driver friendly there are so many hidden charges that you can not make it here as a lease op or owner of.
Cons
In the process of reorganization and growth for the better.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 20, 2016
Working for Roadrunner was very rewarding when you knew exactly where your customers shipment was and if it would deliver on time.
Bad company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Maine, MEMay 10, 2016
This company is one of the worst company I ever worked for. They have heavy over weight load I kept getting over weight tickets. There staff/dispatch don't know what there doing far as giving out loads. They never paid me a paid check they just kept giving me efs advance's and I ask them for my pay check they say they don't know.
Not a fun place to work
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 30, 2016
You have no one top go to for advise or help. Most of the IC's don't have steady work habits. Some are rude to you and you are treated like you don't work for the same company!
Pros
Plenty of home time
Cons
No management
Worse place I've ever worked
Lease purchase operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 27, 2016
Simply a lease purchase ripoff . Turnover rate was extremely high due to the lack of truth and consistency. Planners had their favorite drivers and the dispatch team would try to give you low paying runs just to move the freight .
Bad Experience
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2016
I did not have a good experience at my time with this company. While I did learn a lot, it was because I taught myself. There was a lot of what I call "high school" drama and clicks. When I first started there was a great manager. Once he left it was a very bad situation and stressful.
Pros
Experience
Cons
poor management
Dedicated driving routine
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 21, 2016
It was ok but could have been better alot of downtime and waiting at shipper trucks were decent but the pay wasnt the greatest
Pretty distant contact group
Transportation Agent (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIApril 21, 2016
Just too big to get support.

Too much red tape.

Not good follow through when carriers have issues.

Sometimes can't get hold of anyone on the phone.
Wouldn't recommend any one to work here.
W&I Analyst (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 30, 2016
low pay with so much work to do. they only hire through agency so there is no benefit/PTO/paid vacation. very low raises if you even get one.
Terrible
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 12, 2016
This has to be one of the worst places i have ever worked

The management is terrible and does not know what they are doing

The only upside to this place is you can be late as many times as you want and you will not be in trouble
Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I started at this company in 2012 and it was a good company, I was working as a driver for a flat bed delivering pipe to the oil well companies.
Pros
They were busy for a while
Cons
oil well slowed down
Company has grown over the years
CMF & Pricing Administrator Manager (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WIFebruary 5, 2016
With the company growing which is a good thing but I feel they did it a little too fast in the last 6 years buying too many companies too fast. 2015 was not good for the company financially. And that is why they had a to reduce the workforce. Eliminating many positions within the company.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Growing the company too fast
Fast paced. Need ability to multi-task
Director of Applications Development (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIJanuary 7, 2016
Fast paced. Need ability to multi-task. Need to have ability to integrate into multiple systems. Work long hours and on call. Transportation company needs to run 24 hrs a day.
Great place to Work
customer service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 16, 2015
A friendly place to work with amazing people. Very steady and fast paced office environment. You work with all kinds of different people and customers on a day to day basis.
One big disappointment
OTR driver, dedicated route. (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA.November 17, 2015
Recruiter told me complete lies & half truths. On my dedicated run I would get 3500 miles one week & 1200 the next week. I was told that I would get a higher cpm pay for my experience, it wasn't true. Managers & dispatchers in Cudahay were quitting often. My loads were rarely ready on time. My run was suppose to be from Stockton,CA. to San Antonio, Dallas, & back to Stockton. I only went to San Antonio once. The recruiter gave me the impression that I would receive drop pay on my route. Also wasn't true.
Pros
Drove a brand new 2016 International Pro Star condo. All drop & hook. Pulled new trailers.
Cons
I ran between 8-9000 miles per month at .40 cpm, I went thru 3 fleet managers in leas than 2 months
good company
focus account rep (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 4, 2015
Great company lots of benefits and perks. lots of tracking and tracing on the customer service side of things. This is a great place to work and an awesome work environment.
Pros
gym reimbursement
Cons
Angry customers
Not enough freight movement to cover all contractors
Contractor (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 13, 2015
I currently have a lease truck And have a contract with them.
My truck is not making any money matter fact I'm $2500 in the hole and my credit rating has plummeted 100 points my bills are stacked up and I'm teetering on bankruptcy. You can't run 700 miles sit two days and then run another 800 miles and sit three days for a load, I have a family and responsibilitys . I left a great job with great benefits to come over here and what a mistake, if you're considering Road Runner slap yourself and MoveOn.
Pros
Cons
$225, 000 to the truck, that's a lie no freight
Company layoffs
Pricing/ Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 9, 2015
While I worked there it was a great place to be, work life balance was fine. However, the problem was upper management. There was very little communication about company direction or problems at hand.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Layoffs

2.5