Roadrunner Transportation Systems

Roadrunner Transportation Systems Employee Reviews

relaxed
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ignacio, CO17 February 2018
had a route which you did everyday. pretty relaxed day. management not too good. communication was a problem. didn't check current employees out too well. I am a perfectionist and like to get my vehicle clean and updated. don't think management cared or not.
not recommended
Pricing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WI14 February 2018
do not recommend, very confused management, have to have a thick skin, and very cut-throat, still using paper files, favoritism, confusion, and it was a horrible working environment, to many people in once space
Pros
Cons
everything
Poor work-life balance
Controller, Temperature Controlled Division (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE14 January 2018
Roadrunner Transportation Systems provides very poor work-life balance. Corporate management consists of individuals with no transportation industry experience. Their expectations are unrealistic and they refuse to listen to those in the field that actually know.
Pros
good people locally
Cons
Benefits aren't the best. Unrealistic Expectations. Poor work-life balance.
No communication or appreciation
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OH14 January 2018
Dispatch doesn't hold people accountable. No direction. Office personnel expect drivers to handle customer complaints. Will send out damaged freight knowing it will get rejected.
Pros
You can get away with anything
Cons
You can get away with anything
watch your back
Night Operations Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH1 January 2018
My terminal was ok. But that being said it was a watch your back place to work. All upper management in the place was out to make sure they did not catch any heat. Made my job very hard to do without loyal people to back me up.
Cons
no loyality
Sit in the truck alot
Regional Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE1 January 2018
Sit in the truck alot getting two 34 hour resets a week alot of the time. Poor communication and the fleet manager I have doesn't show interest in making me money get the most awful loads sit in California 3 days to deliver watching drug deals ECT . When I go home then come back I get real poor loads that put me behind not ahead very stressfull an edgy.
Pros
Have a job
Cons
It's a bad one
Nice place
LTL Driver (Former Employee) –  Humble, TX22 December 2017
decent place to work management is nice the workload is pretty decent usually start the day around 8am with about 10-14 deliveries and around 11-1 start pickups
Fast pace work enviroment
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CA21 November 2017
Fast pace work enviroment, everyone is friendly and always willing to help eachother out. The hardest part was getting across the dock because pallets and items were blocking the aisles.
Pros
Friendly enviroments
Cons
Short breaks
owner opp
OTR Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WI9 October 2017
Good Pay But you sit waiting to be loaded long periods of time. and you are on your own with truck, they do not offer any assistance when its needed..
Decent Place to Work
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WI30 August 2017
The hours at Roadrunner Transportation Systems were flexible and the work was consistent. At no point did I feel that I was treated unfairly, though I did find them less that receptive to feedback.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Nothing in particular
A company that's on the way up.
Load Planner, Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Humble, TX 7733815 August 2017
A company that provided benefits and advancement and equal pay. A company that valued the employees input. Weekly meeting and always looking for way to improve. Two weeks vacation and paid Holidays.
Terrible company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX14 August 2017
Always received the lowest paid load due to bad management. Worked 7am to finish which is always around 6pm or later. No benefits no 401k no holiday pay just work.
Dock Worker Atlanta Ga
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GA14 August 2017
Mangers sucks the whole dock systems sucks they do not do anything thing for their employees you really can't grow from company they treat you like slaves the dock job is horrible so is the way they handle business they couldn't ship nothing for me you have to be down on your luck to work there
Pros
Go to work when you want to
Cons
No raises
Management expected to do it all
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX12 August 2017
They are in no way capable to train or understand how to run an LTL operation the management team is expected to everything form coding bills to figuring out what kind of routes will be loaded . There is not a single driver that works for the company and most dock hands are part time with poor coverage
Pros
good peers
Cons
no understanding the importance of managing the floor
Productive Team that has fun in a fast paced environment
Credit and Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WI6 August 2017
A typical day at work cannot be described as each day brings a new experience as we deal with hundreds of Customers. I have learned new systems to Manage Accounts, and process payments. We have a supportive Management Team. We have a friendly workplace. Credit / Collections is a challenging position due to the volume of Customers and Accounts touched daily. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my Team and other Departments to obtain the same goal, Internal and External Customer Satisfaction.
Pros
Free Coffee
I would only suggest working here if you have nothing else.
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA29 July 2017
Only good for part time extra income if you can deal with all the extra nonsense that comes from dealing with management and the people that work here.
A Job
Forklife Driver (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WA8 July 2017
It is a job you can keep when you're a student, easy and straight forward, but not much room for growth.

Unfortunately, many of the coworkers have a very poor work ethic and seem to lack overall ethics.
Driver
Driver/manager (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NM26 June 2017
Drove clients to and from their destinations. I learned how to work in a fast pace and changing schedule from day to day. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking with clients during the drive.
nice company
agent (Former Employee) –  laredo22 June 2017
Nice company worked for an independent agent. Working with the main office was nice. Everyone was friendly. I learned a lot from the industry . Would go back
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Stressful but can be rewarding
Premier Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Akron, OH10 June 2017
Stressful environment at the moment due to consolidation of customer service. Management under extreme work loads, and we aren't performing our intended jobs at the moment due to this large transition. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people with freight issues, hardest part of job is dealing with cursing and angry customers on the phone, or customers who don't understand the freight industry. Also, due to this consolidation other branches of the company are hard to deal with due to lack of care or lack of personnel.
Pros
Understanding manager, decent pay
Cons
Hard customers, micromanagement at times, lack of sick pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roadrunner Transportation Systems. Our community is ready to answer.