Roadrunner Transportation Systems

Roadrunner Transportation Systems Employee Reviews

Driver
Driver/manager (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NM26 June 2017
Drove clients to and from their destinations. I learned how to work in a fast pace and changing schedule from day to day. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking with clients during the drive.
nice company
agent (Former Employee) –  laredo22 June 2017
Nice company worked for an independent agent. Working with the main office was nice. Everyone was friendly. I learned a lot from the industry . Would go back
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Stressful but can be rewarding
Premier Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Akron, OH10 June 2017
Stressful environment at the moment due to consolidation of customer service. Management under extreme work loads, and we aren't performing our intended jobs at the moment due to this large transition. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people with freight issues, hardest part of job is dealing with cursing and angry customers on the phone, or customers who don't understand the freight industry. Also, due to this consolidation other branches of the company are hard to deal with due to lack of care or lack of personnel.
Pros
Understanding manager, decent pay
Cons
Hard customers, micromanagement at times, lack of sick pay
Great place to work on a local level
Operations and Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI17 May 2017
Quality experience and advancement at local level great coworkers, workplace,etc Corporate management difficult to work with.looking to eliminate long term employees for inexperienced new employees.
Pros
Great benifits and local terminal experience
Cons
difficult working with new coropate management, non suportative, over demanding.
Poor Management on the national level
Backhaul Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  California16 May 2017
Company management needs to realize that the drivers and dispatchers are the backbone of the company. Backhaul Dispatchers are treated as second class employees.
When I started as a Backhaul Dispatcher, we only needed to request permission to book a driver if they were within 200 miles of a terminal. Six weeks before I left, it had changed to wherever the driver was we had to get permission to book any driver. Made it impossible to pay bills. Bunch of thieves at the top.
Pros
The drivers were the best.
Cons
Upper management are only interested in their income
Learned a lot
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GA31 March 2017
Started off by breaking trailers, I learned ways to break trailers quicker, management was okay not organized, everyone was nice and would joke with each other, hardest part was the heat and coldness, was customer pick up meeting people from out of town.
Pros
no one on your back
Cons
short lunches
Run from this Place !
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH3 March 2017
The company runs you around and the back round people almost get you fired poking around at your current employer causing a huge blow up. Then they want pay stubs and w2 which is not their business for a job. Get away from these idiots not to mention the freight is the slowest in the country. Managers are all new and unqualified
Pros
nothing
Cons
pay is very low, poor managers
good training for own authority
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WI14 February 2017
provided the building of relationships with brokers and more freedom to approach exploration toward obtaining own authority...........................
Poor management.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI2 January 2017
Bait and switch company. Have to wait 90 days before moving your truck to another company, and can only move to another road runner affiliated company. They nickel and dime your settlements down to nothing, no communication between drivers and company. You are basically a company driver with a truck payment.
Pros
Fast trucks.
Cons
See above review.
Horrible
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CA10 December 2016
Horrible place to work. At least 15-16 hrs per day yet only paid for 10. They push their drivers to the brink of fatigue. Very high turnover rate with no overtime whatsover. No 401k plan. No holiday pay. You actually pull double shifts but they justify keeping you on the job by giving you (4) 1 hour lunches or 3 hour lunches...all due to noboby likes working here.
plenty of hours available
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Burton, MI7 December 2016
plenty of hours availabe, good equipment, local and regional runs delivered expedited load abd dedicated load and pick ups
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
plenty of hours
owner
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Leslie, MI19 November 2016
I loved having my own family run company, but it got to a point where the jobs were slowing down and money was tight. I needed a more stable job for my family.
Great company
Agent (Former Employee) –  Home Based31 October 2016
Communications there was outstanding but to many chiefs! This was a home based business. I was told to speak to one person for questions, then when I called that person he/she would tell me to talk to another person and so forth. I got the run around to get questions answered. Antiquated agent platform using Mercury Gate and other sites. It took forever to get a rate quote for a customer. Just wasn't a good fit.
Pros
Good rates and service
Cons
Antiquated agent platform
fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC31 October 2016
its was a good job unloading loading trucks until we was done with all the work for that day. but when it is hot it is hot and when its cold its cold in the building
Pros
money is good
Cons
managment sucks
Cost cutting impacts customer expectations.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MN26 October 2016
Overall the company is a fun place to work. There are times that it can be stressful but that is the nature of the business. The management of Roadrunner tends to cut costs to increase profits but it typically has an adverse effect on the service to the customers.
A good place to work if your young
Supervisor dispatcher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO23 October 2016
Too big an age difference in management. Salaried employee work over 50 hours a week a lot of times. Nice working area clean and newer. I did multiple jobs including answering customer service calls.
Pros
15 days vacation after 5 years
Cons
Ate lunch at my desk while working
Wonderful place to work
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WA7 October 2016
Wonderful place to work. Staff was kind and well mannered. I learned a lot of skills in a short period of time. Love the people I worked with.
Sitting at desk working
Transportation Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WI26 September 2016
Frowned upon when talking in groups

Great people, Fun Food Days
NFL Days / dress down days, Halloween Fun.
Great Coffee, vending machines

Hardest part of job is the phone calls from truck drivers
Great environment to grow and learn to succeed
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GA13 September 2016
Worked with some of the best leaders of the company. I had a tremendous opportunity to grow with this company because of the many advancements that were available.
Pros
Tremendous room for growth.
Cons
Long hours that pay off if you are willing to grow your success
Documentation
Operations Assistant for Chicago City Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL9 September 2016
• Responsible for Foreign to Foreign documentation by preparing bills of lading, export declaration, certificates of origin and related documents for global transactions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roadrunner Transportation Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7