Riverbed Technology

Riverbed Technology Employee Reviews

great place for employees with families
Global SI/SP Marketing Manager, Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA11 January 2017
The team I was a member of never came in the office so there was
little or no personal interaction or building of relationships in or outside of work. My day started at 8:00 am and wouldn't end until sometimes 10:00 pm. There was very little support from management or other members of the team. Fortunately, I was a seasoned marketing professional and could work independently from others.
Pros
working remote, understanding of family responsibilities
Cons
no culture, management does not inspire, no team work
Fast paced leader in the market
Inside Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA6 February 2017
Has the vibe of a startup even though they have been around for 8+ years. Focused on saturating the market and providing the best product for the cost. Constantly coming out with improvements for their products, upward mobility is actually possible if you put in the effort.
Riverbed
Worldwide Renewals Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 January 2017
This was a great company to work for. It was unfortunately, not in my field of previous training, so I wanted to find other work, but I have 0 bad things to day. Great pay, great people, great work life balance, challenging work.
A great deal of change and redirection
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA17 November 2016
Disruption's the buzz word.
Hosted/Managed environments are the direction of IT.
SD WAN is the pie they wish to control, with insight from desktop up.
Pros
Espresso machine on-site
Fast paced, fun environment
VP Real Estate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA12 April 2016
I traveled the world monitoring the need, design, constuction and opeation of 87 locations in 37 countries. Met with and organized teams of professionals to install and dispose of global locations.
Pros
Worked hard and played hard
Productive and Fun workplace
Sr. Oracle ERP Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 January 2016
River bed Technology is a technology company that specializes in improving the performance of networks and networked applications. They help information technology organizations to have the flexibility to host applications and data while helping to ensure that applications perform as expected, data is available when needed, and performance issues are detected and detected and fixed.
A great place to work
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA30 January 2016
I was fortunate to be contracted at Riverbed for a year, and I fully enjoyed my time there. I was able to work with much of management, and I learned a lot from their different styles.
Was a good company
Member of Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA20 November 2015
It was a very decent company. But now it's a sinking ship. Part of the jobs have been moved to India. Don't jump on this ship if you have any other options.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
most of the talented employees left.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA16 May 2012
Riverbed Technology is a great place to work. It offers a lot of benefits including great snacks and people. The job did carry a lot of stress but only the rewarding jobs do that.

No procedural structure in tech department, cultural differences can be hard to get used to espeically when english isn't spoken during work related subject matter.
Pros
huge amount of free snacks, gym in the building
Cons
no procedure structure, cons to a start up still present.
Efficient, fun work environment, great team atmosphere
Contract Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA5 June 2013
I have had a wonderful time working at Riverbed Technology. Between the efficient, productive professional attitude throughout the office and all of the kind, hard-working people I've interacted with during my time here, I have loved coming into work every single day. I interact daily with clients and potential customers, and work to maintain customer confidence in our extensive line of technology products and services. I love working with others, and I have a fantastic eye for design and detail, and though Riverbed has offered me some opportunities to develop these skills, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to progress in my professional career.
Good tech company with good benefits
Manager Global Technical Education Services (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MD4 May 2015
Riverbed had a lot of good products. Now that they've gone private, they need to be able to get their traction back to get sales performing well again.
Pros
Free snacks, good benefits
Cons
Masssive layoffs have left current employees uncertain
Fun, flexible culture but lack of rewards/incentives
MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA14 April 2014
Riverbed is a strong company and growing market leader. There is a lot to learn in the environment with some great people. Downside is that they would rather lose good employees than do little things, like salary increases or bonuses, to keep them. Lack of value in their employees.
Great company, great people, great perks!
Recruiting (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA19 November 2012
High-growth company with room to make an individual impact. Start-up feel, with security and benefits of an established company.
Pros
great benefits, free snacks, company sponsored holiday parties (extravaganzas!)
Cons
growing pains in sf office – cramped workspace until move to 680 folsom street in 2014
A a great place to work!
Employee Services (Current Employee) –  California19 August 2013
Riverbed is a great place to work because of the great people that work here, and for the casual, fast-paced environment fostered by the company.
Pros
Business casual attire, catered lunches, offsite activities
Cons
Salary disparities, horizontal career growth
Excellent place to work
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Fransisco, CA22 July 2015
Genius Bar support
Webex support
Active Directory
Microsoft exchange management
Great co-workers
Best break rooms + food
hardest part of job... not eating all the junk food. =)
Riverbed is great
Front Desk and Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco17 April 2015
great tech company
fun place to work
beautiful soma office (game room & cafeteria)
great people
role is not challenging
Pros
flexibility, free lunch, good work life balance
Cons
difficult to advance internally
Depends upon the department
Product Management (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 June 2015
Various levels of satisfaction depending upon which product/area you work in. Best is the high visibility product teams.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Management, honest communication
Great People
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA1 November 2015
This is an excellent place to meet great people & network.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! ! ! ! !! ! ! 1 ! It has been a great experience so far.
Acquired by Riverbed
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NC7 November 2014
-Enjoyable work environment. Our business was acquired by Riverbed, the transition could have been smoother. Riverbed offered great benefits. Great management at the local level.
Benefits
Cons
layoffs
Awesome Riverbed Technology
Bus Development Rep / Renewals Service Support (Current Employee) –  Reading, ENG24 March 2015
Professional and fun place to work - Teams like families - great communication and interaction - professional and hardworking
Pros
People

4.6