River Cree Resort & Casino

River Cree Resort & Casino Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it was fun and easy
Public Area Attendant/Janitorial (Former Employee), Enoch, ABNovember 17, 2015
Pros: food provided
Cons: the hours
the hardest part of the job was getting off work at 3am and breathing in all of the smoke in the smoking section. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting tips even though it rarely happened
Fast paced, friendly people
Second Chef (Current Employee), Enoch, ABOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Food for yourself each shift
Cons: Not a healthy enviroment
It is very fast paced/ hectic on busy nights, if you can make it through a friday/saturday in the fall you can make it through any other night. Very good benefits but the pay is lacking for the work you are expected to do. For the most part you get to work with friendly staff if they speak the same language as you. You learn how to prioritize effectively and work fast. Everyday there is multiple duties to be done from prepping food for tomorrow's specials or working on line preparing food for guests in the restaurant. I enjoy cooking food and having confidence in what I do but everything you are exposed to is a little much for me (smoking allowed inside casino, smoke from deep friers, ovens, stoves, toasters) if they offered a better wage I think most people could deal with these issues but it is not enough for me.
great scheduling flexability
Cage Supervisor (Current Employee), Enoch, ABSeptember 30, 2015
The staff and customers are great
Most departments are willing to work around your family schedule
Lots od culture and diversity
Gift shop
Ex employee (Former Employee), CasinoAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Good job good pay
Cons: Retail job, unorganized and depends on the person in management
This is a fast paced job but so unorganized because of the manager but she is moving on and promoted hopefully. If they have a decent replacement then it would be a good job. The previous manager that just got promoted was not a personable person and I found that there was a lot of entitlement issues and unfair practices and if she didn't like you, you were gone. It does not matter if you are a good worker or not. Good job but management hopefully changes and if fair.
costumer service
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee), Enoch, ABAugust 12, 2015
my day dealt with numerous people throughout the day selling show tickets to our venue, selling lottery and other goods in the store.
Great place to work!
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free meals and benefits
Cons: night shifts
I loved working at the Cree, great atmosphere.

great benefits
staff BBQ
employee perks
customer service focused
Love all the people there!
productive work place, fast pace, lot of pressure.
2nd Cook & Night Shift Closer (Former Employee), Enoch, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good people, tax free if you are aboriginal like me
Cons: stress, and pressure.
average work day, long and stressful but what kitchen isn't.
I learned how to close and run the back of house line on my own and learned various techniques on how to cook, fast, efficient, and delicious food. The jr. sou chef was an amazing mentor, taught me quiet a few things of the kitchen lifestyle and life itself. management was all over the place for the year i have worked there probably seen at least 6 managers. hardest part of the job was the stress of producing the best quility of food in a short amount of time. most enjoyable part was knowing the line and teaching others, as well as working as a team.
Busy with constant Excitement and excellent meal plan.
Pit Clerk/ Security Officer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2012
Pros: meal program
Cons: long hours
A good place to work, very busy and always full of exciting shows. Never a slow day :P
Headquarters