Riva is a rapidly growing software company seeking an entry level, technically proficient individual who is a recent graduate or with 1-2 years previous experience in the asset management field. Strong web application, analytics, math, hardware, database or other related skills are essential. Join a fun, energetic company located in Toronto and Calgary. We are looking for like-minded team members to help meet and maintain rapid growth in an expanding market. Professional growth opportunities will be available to those able to develop the skills and knowledge required to move in to a more senior roles.
- Support to new clients implementing Riva software including; installation, configuration, documentation, and training.
- Solution support for existing clients fulfilling ongoing support needs such as incident resolution and implementing changes & new functionality.
- Ability to multi-task between multiple clients and objectives, while maintaining the common goal and direction of both client and employer.
- Modify software configuration for clients’ specific needs.
- Participate in meetings with clients for concepts, project plans, task completion, data requirements, directional decisions, solution configuration, and more.
- Direct work with active clients via phone or GoToMeeting to identify and resolve incidents.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a computer, engineering, or sciences related field is required
- Knowledge of municipal or utility asset management practices or experience in a related field is preferred.
- XML, SQL, GIS, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Publisher) proficiency is desired.
- Knowledge of MSSQL and ORACLE databases is desired.
- Java and .Net web application experience is desired.
- Experience within an IT Service Desk environment using an IT ticket management system/customer service software with a strong understanding of ticket workflow management is preferred.
- Knowledge of ITIL practices; ITIL Foundations certifications a plus
- Must be self-motivated and proactive; enjoys problem solving and is a creative thinker.
- Must be able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Self-starter; able to work with minimal direction.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong communication skills. Fluent in English; French language proficiency is an asset but not required.
- Valid passport; able to travel throughout Canada, the US, and internationally.
Please visit us on-line prior to applying for this position: