RIPLEY'S ENTERTAINMENT Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun, easy, awesome
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 January 2016
At Ripley's, you are part of the entertainment experience. When a customer comes up, you are in charge of starting them as part of a journey that they may never forget. Work doesn't need to be depressing, hard, or insignificant. If you go in with a smile, it can be fun, happy, and the most important thing you do. If more companies learned to do that, taking Ripley's as an example of that, I believe we would live in a better world.

Management is awesome. They are easy going, loving, helpful, and awesome. They made it easy to exchange shifts and created simplified systems so that it isn't complicated. The hardest part of the job is the off season. During the winter, it can get a little boring and you might have only a couple people come through in a day, at the very least. The most enjoyable part of the job is being fun and entertaining.
Pros
Easy going, great atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, very slow off season, cold winters.
Employees are great, very fun, lots of laughs.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  toronto,on3 October 2015
I enjoyed my job due to the fact that it mostly revolved around cooking and that is apart of one of my passions but I did not like the way my section was run.
I never felt very secure at the job nor with my all my "supervisors" and "leaders".
Working in F&B was overly stressful due to the fact that either management in the section made it so or you were left alone to cash out customers, clean tables, put trays away, keep the codiment station clean all while your "supervisors" sit in the back talking and laughing.
I got fired "without cause" and that is why I am saying I did not feel secure. I was back stabbed by my supervisors with no proof of what was really going on.
I feel if you want to cook for a living it is a great place to start due to the experience I got from it and helped me move forward BUT... Stay on your "p's and q's, pick your battles and don't trust HR" as my old snake supervisor mike used to say.
Pros
hours, flexibility
Cons
management, cliques
Unstable Leadership
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto9 January 2014
Pretty simply break down regarding this position. The communication between aquarium management and the retail girt shop is non existent, meaning if your in need of support...good luck in finding it!

The communication between the retail manager and the senior retail management team based in the US can be described as crude. The communication style from the VP level and down is harsh and without mercy. If you like being told what to do in an unprofessional manner while someone pulls rank on you...this is the perfect job for you!

You have no work life balance, the max salary for the position is 55k. The posting will require you to have 8-10 years retail management experience. If you have 8-10 years as a retail manager 55k is selling yourself short.

In short, I wish someone had disclosed this information to me before I took the position. I submitted my resignation notice almost 3 weeks in. Upon doing so I was promptly confronted by the GM and HR manager and escorted out of the building. Oh, funny thing...that was the first time in my 3 weeks with Ripley's I had any meaningful contact with the GM or HR...stop and think about that for a second, HR should be the first person you meet upon hire. If you have talent, experience and drive, this job is not for you. It's a dead end, don't let the Ripley's brand fool you...like it did with me

Good luck!
Pros
Look's like fun untill you start.
Cons
Long hours, no communication, low pay....I could go on but i'll stop.