Rio Tinto Employee Review

This company likes to dump its senior workers for those they can get cheaper!
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  USA26 December 2012
Worked for this company as a top rated Executive Assistant for approximately 20 years. I had watched this company through the years treat their employees as they got older shabbily. If you are over 45 and especially a woman watch your back they will find a way to get rid of you. Experience means nothing and neither does your knowledge. Myself and two other women in my area were laid off for no apparent reason and when you asked why they could not say it was due to any type of job performance. We had simply become expendable due to our expertise and our salaries. Want experience in your field then work there after you get what you need from them and then move on to a better company.
Pros
family activities
Cons
long hours, no gratitude for job well done, physically demanding, low morale!

Other Rio Tinto Employee Reviews

journée de travail
contremaître équipements mobiles miniers (Former Employee) –  Havre-Saint-Pierre, QC26 November 2017
Le train matin et soir, journée de 10 heures. 35 employés à gérer. meeting tous les jours avec le production et la planification. Gestion de problèmes régulièrement.
No comment
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT15 November 2017
Camp work rotational fly in only twelve hour shifts. Limited resources at camp site poor food choices and not the cleanest. Very cold and isolated in the winter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rio Tinto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2