- Ensure efficiency and productivity of work crews.
- Conduct daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Assess and confirm, through documentation, crew competency.
- Review safe work plans/ hazard assessment with crew prior to job commencement.
- Take corrective action to mitigate immediate hazards.
- Identify surplus equipment and labour resources.
- Operate in a safe and courteous manner at all times.
- Ensure adequate and suitable safety equipment, including PPE, is supplied, readily accessible, properly used and maintained.
- Conduct incident investigations and prepare associated support documentation immediately.
- Adhere to project, company environmental considerations.
- Monitor equipment utilization.
- Complete daily activity reports/daily logs.
- 2 years Earthworks Foreman/Woman experience minimum.
- Recognizes and understands the safe operation of heavy equipment.
- Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Engineering Technology degree/diploma is desirable but not necessary.
- Construction supervisory courses or equivalent experience related to supervision of construction operations.
- Excellent people and mentorship skills.
- Clean driving abstract. Valid driver’s license (no GDL).
- Ability to work in a team constructed environment.
Indeed - 8 months ago