INTERMEDIATE-SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL FIELD TECHNICIANS
EDMONTON, RED DEER, CALGARY and LETHBRIDGE
We are currently looking for 4 suitable candidates to fill the positions of Intermediate/ Senior Environmental Consultants in our Edmonton, Red Deer, Calgary and Lethbridge locations. The successful candidate will have a diverse skill set and experience, including; Environmental Site Assessments (Phase I, II, III), planning and supervising remediation and reclamation projects, sump site suitability testing; soil, water and contaminated analysis, data collection and interpretation. You will work with junior field technicians to direct and guide technical infield procedures. Ensure field work is completed safely and efficiently. Provide cost-effective solutions to the Project Manager(s) while providing Ridgeline and our clients with a high quality of work while maintaining professional ethics.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Environmental Science, Reclamation or similar discipline
- Professional designation or articling to obtain is considered and asset
- 5 + years relevant field experience
- Groundwater knowledge and experience monitoring well installation is an asset
- Experience with reclamation and remediation on private and public lands
- Experience with technical report writing and preparation of associated appendices which may include borehole logging, site diagrams, formatting site and aerial photographs.
- Knowledge of pertinent provincial and federal environmental regulations
What you will be responsible for
- Execute scopes of work and cost estimates under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Routinely communicate the progress of assigned projects with the Project Manager.
- Provide site supervision and overall direction to the contractors on site.
- Manage and meet all client and regulatory ground disturbance requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations, directives and SOP’s are completed as regularly required.
- Educate all field professionals on site of any hazards and identify effective hazard controls.
- Remain current with environmental legislation and regulatory updates, provide updated information as it becomes available to staff.
- Strong Commitment to Customer Satisfaction
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, exemplary interpersonal skills and is very detail oriented and organized.
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget
- Leaderful and accountable to all assigned portfolios
- Accurate data entry into electronic project databases.
Ridgeline offers a very attractive compensation package that includes Competitive Salary, Overtime, Group Life and Health benefits, Health Spending account, and a RRSP program which includes contributions from the employer.
At Ridgeline we invest in our personnel, we take pride of our open team orientated culture and foster a healthy work-life balance. We offer ongoing support for professional development that will create opportunities for your own personal growth and the growth of our company.
For further information, check out our website at www.ridgelinecanada.com
This posting will remain open until suitable candidates have been selected.
*To apply for this position, please submit your resume to the Human Resource Department; through the link provided.
Or through our Careers Link at www.ridgelinecanada.com.*
We thank all applicants for applying and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.