Ridge Meadows Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
My job in a day
Nursing Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 August 2017
A typical day at work includes, Booking appointments for patients, Transcribing doctors orders, Answering multi line telephone calls, filing, ordering lab work and medical imaging request. Admitting and discharging patients. Booking out patient procedures. Faxing and copying information.
I have Learned lots of medical terminology from working in various places around the hospital. Pharmacology terminology as well. I have learned to work in a team or as a independent worker. My management team is great, always there to support you when needed.
The hardest part of the job would be when you get close with a patient and they pass away. Also not bringing home the stress you carry at work.
The most enjoyable part is being able to help people in anyway I can. Also seeing staff members you become close with through out the work day.
Helping and entertaining for elders
Volunteer program (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge7 July 2015
Enjoyed and liked volunteering at the Ridge Meadow Hospital. Everyone's welcoming and patients are friendly as well.
its fun place to work everybody are so friendly
Sodexo - Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge B.C.10 April 2015
My daily life is to accomplish my work well and to help others if needed, I have learned so much how to become a good worker and it felt so good when people appreciate your job. my co-workers are so nice,helpful and they are also very friendly. the hardest part of my job was when short of staffed. I enjoyed when people ask me to do something and thanking me after.
Pros
N/a
Cons
8 hours
Image Department
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  MAPLE RIDGE16 September 2014
entered patients waiting for x-rays to be done, great co-workers, met nice people
Worked well in a team, with room to grow and be independent
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC29 April 2013
Working at Ridge Meadows Hospital gives me room to advance in personal endeavours with quality time sharing between my home and work life. This job teaches me empathy, compassion, regard for others and respect, as well as how to work in a consistent manner providing high level of customer service and implementing policy and procedure in a highly specific manner. In my position I work with a variety of people not only my staff but huge number of hospital staff including doctors, nurses, administrators and patient family, this creates a well rounded work place almost an extended family.The hardest part of this job is not always being able to help as many people in many situations at one single time as getting through each task in the appropriate way is essential to keeping infections down, thus keeping patients safe. The best part of my job is the camaraderie between co-workers and general staff and patients, there is always something you do or someone does or says that brings happiness to each day.
Pros
Close to home, good hours, wonderful people
Cons
No Benefits and some schedule issues