Ricoh Employee Reviews in Canada

Horrible
Shipper (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMay 28, 2015
Poor management, no direction, senior management even worse. Blatant favouritism . Senior management worst I've ever worked for in 25 years. Manager loves people who brown nose .They enforce a code of ethics that is a joke and do complete opposite of everything stated in there values.
Pros
Cons
poor management, micro management, awful senior management
Very poor management diferences between canadians and emigrants.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABJuly 9, 2013
Since 2008 Ricoh had a merge with Icon and now they have a new management for the service department. I left the company for territorial reason. Started with 160 machines and end up with over 350. The service manager ask for retirement and his place was taken by the accouter of the company. No service technical support and no proper training for new technician.
Cons
gas card and benefits.
Good growing company in Canada
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 4, 2014
Lack of focus on career development. Senior management's resource is focused on fixing growth pains and neglects training and development. This causes HIPOs to become disillusioned and demotivated and leave. Too bad.
Pros
flexibility. great people. fun environment.
Cons
lack of career development and direction.
enjoyed my co-workers
Mail and Courier / Reprographics / Reception (Former Employee) –  calgary, ABOctober 16, 2014
There was usually always something to do throughout the day. I learned all the possible roles in this company that I could. The management wasn't very good. Our team was constantly micro managed, and made it very difficult to get the tasks on hand to be accomplished in a timely manner. I worked very well with my co-workers. we always worked as best as we could in a team. The hardest part of my job was to work with a manager that wouldn't let us do our jobs properly. The most enjoyable part of this job was my team, and associating one on one with the clients.
Customer-service driven, professional environment
On-Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2014
8 hours days, not including lunch. If you have a long commute to get to/from work, it's hard to fit anything else into your day.

Procedure to take days off isn't ideal for a 20-something-year-old, considering you have to allocate the entirety of your vacation days at the beginning of each year.

Good people. Administration is good about staying in contact with the different sites across the country.

Due to the fact that you're stationed at another office there may be some segregation by some of the employees of the client-company.

Good company get experience.
Pros
+good people
Cons
long hours, vacation days are first-come, first-served
I worked for Ikon/Ricoh for 8 1/2 years
Call Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2015
It was very dissapointing that Ricoh made the decision to close the call centers in both Edmonton and Toronto and moved the centres down to the US. I enjoyed my work and was reasonable well paid with great benefits.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
job has gone to the us
productive and customer oriented environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work will result in taking on average 100 incoming calls, and most of those would be of planning and dispatching of a technician to customer office. Will would have the help of our managers and co-workers when needed. The hardest part of the job would be having an unsatisfied customer of our services on the phone. and the most enjoyable would be solving a customer problem and knowing that they left the line happy with the resolution I would have provided them.
Pros
free coffee
Stressful environment.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta.October 9, 2012
A typical day in the life of a Ricoh account executive usually consists of cold calling for a few hours in the morning, visiting customers, and putting together proposals and doing presentations.

I learned some excellent sales skills, and some excellent ways of approaching many different situations within a business to business environment.

Management of the company was okay, the managers are stretched thin and most of the time not available when you need them.

Co workers are fine.

The hardest part of the job was staying motivated and delivering the very high sales quotas they push on their reps. This was especially challenging in an environment where the competition will undercut you on price by as much as 50%.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility and the ability to help businesses streamline their processes.
Pros
freedom, earning potential.
Cons
very high sales quotas, in excess of 10 hour days if you're busy, not a lot of help from management, priced much higher than competitors on products.
Good people, Fast pace, Productive Work Place
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2014
I enjoy working for Ricoh. The thing's I have learned and achieved with this company has helped me get one more step closer to a solid career. I'm looking for less hours and more income. Even though Ricoh is an amazing place its hard to work for the amount you are paid and people you work with.
Pros
it's a day job
Cons
not enough income to live off of.
A very reputable organization
GTA Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ONOctober 28, 2012
In Ricoh Canada Inc. I have gaine a lot of valuable expsrience that will currently enable me to explore and approach other challenging opportnities in the market to match my experience with an available job opening.
Pros
well established company
Cons
there is no career advancement
High Energy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2012
Each day is fast paced. High volume of client's needs.
learned a lot of legal field
Managed 9 employees. Worked with a great team.
The challenging part of the job is dealing with multiple personalities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting rewarded for a job well done.
Pros
friendly staff
Challenging working environment
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2014
It is a excellent place for someone to start his/her sales career.
Awesome benefits and invesment plan
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 16, 2012
This was a great company to work for. It is too bad they got bought out and management changed
Good company to work for!
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 18, 2015
Awesome co-workers and few good managers. They are cutting back so I'm not sure if this is the place for you. Call Centre was sent to the States.
Productive and fun workplace
IT Support Analyst (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 7, 2014
Productive and fun workplace. Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects of Ricoh Canada’s voice and data networks. This position interfaces with telcos and internal departments to troubleshoot, investigate possible solutions and follow up to ensure problem resolution. Remote desktop maintenance. IT asset maintenance. Work with Dell dispatch and close work orders
great corporate cive
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 17, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Ricoh Canada I learnt quite a few
things about the printer business that I wasn't aware of before from start to finnish I gained valuable insights on supply chain fulfillment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lunches were not paid
Awesome working environment with good sense of humor people
Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 19, 2012
It is a very busy and stressful day everyday but fulfilling. I've learned to handle difficult situations with lawyers and with their assistants. Teamwork is always present in the workplace wich makes the job easier. It is a great feeling at the end of the day to see that they are all satisfied with your work.
Worked there for 28 years,laid off due to company leaving area
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSJanuary 24, 2013
Servicedoffice equipment all over Cape Breton. Managed territory and inventory,
Preformed equipment install,instruction and network connection on Ricoh and Canon products.
Enjoyed meeting and working with my customers whom I built a relationship with over the last 28 years.
Very positive
Mail Coordinator/Office Admin/Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 4, 2014
This was a very positive and knowledgeable position for me to have been positioned within. I would love to work for another company similar to the responsibilities I had here.
Internship
Help Desk Technician(Internship) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2013
Internship experience