Ricoh Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace
IT Support Analyst (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 7, 2014
Productive and fun workplace. Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects of Ricoh Canada’s voice and data networks. This position interfaces with telcos and internal departments to troubleshoot, investigate possible solutions and follow up to ensure problem resolution. Remote desktop maintenance. IT asset maintenance. Work with Dell dispatch and close work orders
Customer-service driven, professional environment
On-Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2014
8 hours days, not including lunch. If you have a long commute to get to/from work, it's hard to fit anything else into your day.

Procedure to take days off isn't ideal for a 20-something-year-old, considering you have to allocate the entirety of your vacation days at the beginning of each year.

Good people. Administration is good about staying in contact with the different sites across the country.

Due to the fact that you're stationed at another office there may be some segregation by some of the employees of the client-company.

Good company get experience.
Pros
+good people
Cons
long hours, vacation days are first-come, first-served
stressful environment, unprofessional supervisors, long hours, lack of consideration for employees
shipper (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 8, 2013
Learned about picking, checking, packing and shipping the customers' orders. Also about how to deal directly with the customers, how to listen to their comments and complains and to solve them considering both the customers' interests and the company's values.
All the co-workers were appalled not lose their jobs, the atmosphere was oppressive and the supervisors took the advantage of desperate workers to have a job.
The hardest part of the job was at the and of the working day when we had to work under pressure to finish to ship all the orders for that day.
Cons
long hours, to much overtime, (often from 7am to 7 pm, so 12 hours a day), poor salary.
Very poor management diferences between canadians and emigrants.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABJuly 9, 2013
Since 2008 Ricoh had a merge with Icon and now they have a new management for the service department. I left the company for territorial reason. Started with 160 machines and end up with over 350. The service manager ask for retirement and his place was taken by the accouter of the company. No service technical support and no proper training for new technician.
Cons
gas card and benefits.
Good people, Fast pace, Productive Work Place
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2014
I enjoy working for Ricoh. The thing's I have learned and achieved with this company has helped me get one more step closer to a solid career. I'm looking for less hours and more income. Even though Ricoh is an amazing place its hard to work for the amount you are paid and people you work with.
Pros
it's a day job
Cons
not enough income to live off of.
great corporate cive
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 17, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Ricoh Canada I learnt quite a few
things about the printer business that I wasn't aware of before from start to finnish I gained valuable insights on supply chain fulfillment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lunches were not paid
Awesome working environment with good sense of humor people
Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 19, 2012
It is a very busy and stressful day everyday but fulfilling. I've learned to handle difficult situations with lawyers and with their assistants. Teamwork is always present in the workplace wich makes the job easier. It is a great feeling at the end of the day to see that they are all satisfied with your work.
If you like to drive around a lot and meet people, you may like this job.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 23, 2015
This job involved a lot of driving, and I mean a lot. I was put in charge of a 700KM service area in Northern BC. This covered Houston, BC, all the way to Telegraph Creek, BC.

RICOH provides very good training for all employees, and will assist you if you find concepts and terminology hard to understand. There is a lot of theory behind their training, and not so much with hands-on learning. After being in the PC industry for many years, I had no issues going from business to business repairing various models of RICOH MFP's.

There were a few pitfalls with this company. Being pulled out of my service area on a constant basis to assist technicians that were falling behind in service calls. This was either due to lack of preventative maintenance, or the area was too big to handle for one technician. The quality of MFP's demised over the years, which lead to more service calls for the newer models. RICOH was aware of various design defects, and would fix them at their leisure.

Another pitfall was the lack of compensation for the wear and tear on a vehicle. The amount did not cover oil changes, flat repairs, new tires, and interior cleaning due to toner accidents. Had the compensation be better, I would have continued with this company. If you have a small vehicle, and are working in a big city, this isn't so much an issue.
Pros
Great training, annual performance reviews
Cons
Company doesn't pay what people are worth
Worked there for 28 years,laid off due to company leaving area
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSJanuary 24, 2013
Servicedoffice equipment all over Cape Breton. Managed territory and inventory,
Preformed equipment install,instruction and network connection on Ricoh and Canon products.
Enjoyed meeting and working with my customers whom I built a relationship with over the last 28 years.
Good growing company in Canada
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 4, 2014
Lack of focus on career development. Senior management's resource is focused on fixing growth pains and neglects training and development. This causes HIPOs to become disillusioned and demotivated and leave. Too bad.
Pros
flexibility. great people. fun environment.
Cons
lack of career development and direction.
Good company to work for!
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 18, 2015
Awesome co-workers and few good managers. They are cutting back so I'm not sure if this is the place for you. Call Centre was sent to the States.
A very reputable organization
GTA Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ONOctober 28, 2012
In Ricoh Canada Inc. I have gaine a lot of valuable expsrience that will currently enable me to explore and approach other challenging opportnities in the market to match my experience with an available job opening.
Pros
well established company
Cons
there is no career advancement
High Energy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2012
Each day is fast paced. High volume of client's needs.
learned a lot of legal field
Managed 9 employees. Worked with a great team.
The challenging part of the job is dealing with multiple personalities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting rewarded for a job well done.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Not a fun and glamourous place to work for.
On Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 18, 2012
A typical day at work is coming in from 9-6 signing in the moment I work threw the door. The first thing I do is get settled down gather what I need to get started. Depending on which day it is for example if it's either Monday,Wednesday,Friday we typically take care of our assign floors. Other than that whatever jobs I see sitting in the slots or checking the inbox on the computer thats typically the job description. Management here is kinda corrupt and to much politics to handle on a day by day basis. Co-workers are find at times but not consistence with team work. The hardest part of this job would have to be dealing with the non communications between co-workers and managers. The most enjoyable part of this job would have to be interacting with the clients on a day to day basis they make me wanna work hard for them.
Pros
interacting with the clients that outsource by ricoh
Cons
to much politics that goes on within the copy centre room.
Very positive
Mail Coordinator/Office Admin/Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 4, 2014
This was a very positive and knowledgeable position for me to have been positioned within. I would love to work for another company similar to the responsibilities I had here.
Stressful environment.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta.October 9, 2012
A typical day in the life of a Ricoh account executive usually consists of cold calling for a few hours in the morning, visiting customers, and putting together proposals and doing presentations.

I learned some excellent sales skills, and some excellent ways of approaching many different situations within a business to business environment.

Management of the company was okay, the managers are stretched thin and most of the time not available when you need them.

Co workers are fine.

The hardest part of the job was staying motivated and delivering the very high sales quotas they push on their reps. This was especially challenging in an environment where the competition will undercut you on price by as much as 50%.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility and the ability to help businesses streamline their processes.
Pros
freedom, earning potential.
Cons
very high sales quotas, in excess of 10 hour days if you're busy, not a lot of help from management, priced much higher than competitors on products.
Great place to work The company cares about their people
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington OnSeptember 5, 2012
Nice place to work but with the changing of way customer send their mail it has become very difficult to make money
I would just simply say: "Avoid this company"
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 7, 2015
Like any Fortune-500 company, you have to decide if being treated like a number and a source of corporate income is something you can live with.

In the beginning, you'll be constantly travelling for training purposes. if Ricoh could cut costs and attempt to cross-train every single technician on all hardware types, they would.

Yes, you are a revenue stream for the company. You'll usually end up as the the key ingredient for a salesperson.

Cost-cutting is Ricoh's biggest accomplishment. Each time a new model comes out, you find more metallic parts being replaced with plastic parts. You'll spend more time tending to service calls on newer equipment versus the older equipment.

If you get stuck in a service area that still has older IKON Canon copiers, expect to deal with a lot of frustration. There are no training courses for this equipment, and as older technicians retire, it becomes increasingly difficult to repair these machines. Management has no response to this other then to say "Suck it up, buttercup."

So yes, if you want to gain experience in this industry, look at Canon instead.
Pros
Paid benefits, routine travel, see places that you have never been to before.
Cons
Vehicle allowance does not pay for a lot of things, constantly being pulled out of service territory to assist overwhelmed techicians.
No need to take your work home with you low stress
Bilingual Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 1, 2013
constant calls, no down time. great customers not a lot of conflict.
Pros
hours are great
Cons
minimal breaks
productive workplace
Order picking, packer, and shipper (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONJune 19, 2014
learn to check carefully all the items of customer order before to pack in the box and shipped to the customer.