Ricoh Employee Reviews in Canada

Horrible
Shipper (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMay 28, 2015
Poor management, no direction, senior management even worse. Blatant favouritism . Senior management worst I've ever worked for in 25 years. Manager loves people who brown nose .They enforce a code of ethics that is a joke and do complete opposite of everything stated in there values.
Pros
Cons
poor management, micro management, awful senior management
productive and customer oriented environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work will result in taking on average 100 incoming calls, and most of those would be of planning and dispatching of a technician to customer office. Will would have the help of our managers and co-workers when needed. The hardest part of the job would be having an unsatisfied customer of our services on the phone. and the most enjoyable would be solving a customer problem and knowing that they left the line happy with the resolution I would have provided them.
Pros
free coffee
I would just simply say: "Avoid this company"
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 7, 2015
Like any Fortune-500 company, you have to decide if being treated like a number and a source of corporate income is something you can live with.

In the beginning, you'll be constantly travelling for training purposes. if Ricoh could cut costs and attempt to cross-train every single technician on all hardware types, they would.

Yes, you are a revenue stream for the company. You'll usually end up as the the key ingredient for a salesperson.

Cost-cutting is Ricoh's biggest accomplishment. Each time a new model comes out, you find more metallic parts being replaced with plastic parts. You'll spend more time tending to service calls on newer equipment versus the older equipment.

If you get stuck in a service area that still has older IKON Canon copiers, expect to deal with a lot of frustration. There are no training courses for this equipment, and as older technicians retire, it becomes increasingly difficult to repair these machines. Management has no response to this other then to say "Suck it up, buttercup."

So yes, if you want to gain experience in this industry, look at Canon instead.
Pros
Paid benefits, routine travel, see places that you have never been to before.
Cons
Vehicle allowance does not pay for a lot of things, constantly being pulled out of service territory to assist overwhelmed techicians.
Good place to work with some nice perks
Assistant Site Supervisor at Gore Mutual (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OnMarch 12, 2015
Learned a lot about insurance, great place to work with lots of cool perks, good benefits. Fellow co workers are all friendly with lots of great personalities.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
I worked for Ikon/Ricoh for 8 1/2 years
Call Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2015
It was very dissapointing that Ricoh made the decision to close the call centers in both Edmonton and Toronto and moved the centres down to the US. I enjoyed my work and was reasonable well paid with great benefits.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
job has gone to the us
Good company to work for!
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 18, 2015
Awesome co-workers and few good managers. They are cutting back so I'm not sure if this is the place for you. Call Centre was sent to the States.
great corporate cive
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 17, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Ricoh Canada I learnt quite a few
things about the printer business that I wasn't aware of before from start to finnish I gained valuable insights on supply chain fulfillment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lunches were not paid
enjoyed my co-workers
Mail and Courier / Reprographics / Reception (Former Employee) –  calgary, ABOctober 16, 2014
There was usually always something to do throughout the day. I learned all the possible roles in this company that I could. The management wasn't very good. Our team was constantly micro managed, and made it very difficult to get the tasks on hand to be accomplished in a timely manner. I worked very well with my co-workers. we always worked as best as we could in a team. The hardest part of my job was to work with a manager that wouldn't let us do our jobs properly. The most enjoyable part of this job was my team, and associating one on one with the clients.
productive workplace
Order picking, packer, and shipper (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONJune 19, 2014
learn to check carefully all the items of customer order before to pack in the box and shipped to the customer.
Good people, Fast pace, Productive Work Place
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2014
I enjoy working for Ricoh. The thing's I have learned and achieved with this company has helped me get one more step closer to a solid career. I'm looking for less hours and more income. Even though Ricoh is an amazing place its hard to work for the amount you are paid and people you work with.
Pros
it's a day job
Cons
not enough income to live off of.
Very positive
Mail Coordinator/Office Admin/Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 4, 2014
This was a very positive and knowledgeable position for me to have been positioned within. I would love to work for another company similar to the responsibilities I had here.
Challenging working environment
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2014
It is a excellent place for someone to start his/her sales career.
Productive and fun workplace
IT Support Analyst (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 7, 2014
Productive and fun workplace. Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects of Ricoh Canada’s voice and data networks. This position interfaces with telcos and internal departments to troubleshoot, investigate possible solutions and follow up to ensure problem resolution. Remote desktop maintenance. IT asset maintenance. Work with Dell dispatch and close work orders
Customer-service driven, professional environment
On-Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2014
8 hours days, not including lunch. If you have a long commute to get to/from work, it's hard to fit anything else into your day.

Procedure to take days off isn't ideal for a 20-something-year-old, considering you have to allocate the entirety of your vacation days at the beginning of each year.

Good people. Administration is good about staying in contact with the different sites across the country.

Due to the fact that you're stationed at another office there may be some segregation by some of the employees of the client-company.

Good company get experience.
Pros
+good people
Cons
long hours, vacation days are first-come, first-served
Good growing company in Canada
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 4, 2014
Lack of focus on career development. Senior management's resource is focused on fixing growth pains and neglects training and development. This causes HIPOs to become disillusioned and demotivated and leave. Too bad.
Pros
flexibility. great people. fun environment.
Cons
lack of career development and direction.
stressful environment, unprofessional supervisors, long hours, lack of consideration for employees
shipper (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 8, 2013
Learned about picking, checking, packing and shipping the customers' orders. Also about how to deal directly with the customers, how to listen to their comments and complains and to solve them considering both the customers' interests and the company's values.
All the co-workers were appalled not lose their jobs, the atmosphere was oppressive and the supervisors took the advantage of desperate workers to have a job.
The hardest part of the job was at the and of the working day when we had to work under pressure to finish to ship all the orders for that day.
Cons
long hours, to much overtime, (often from 7am to 7 pm, so 12 hours a day), poor salary.
No need to take your work home with you low stress
Bilingual Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 1, 2013
constant calls, no down time. great customers not a lot of conflict.
Pros
hours are great
Cons
minimal breaks
Internship
Help Desk Technician(Internship) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2013
Internship experience
First IT related job
Got much to learn
Was a worthwhile experience
Very poor management diferences between canadians and emigrants.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABJuly 9, 2013
Since 2008 Ricoh had a merge with Icon and now they have a new management for the service department. I left the company for territorial reason. Started with 160 machines and end up with over 350. The service manager ask for retirement and his place was taken by the accouter of the company. No service technical support and no proper training for new technician.
Cons
gas card and benefits.
Worked there for 28 years,laid off due to company leaving area
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSJanuary 24, 2013
Servicedoffice equipment all over Cape Breton. Managed territory and inventory,
Preformed equipment install,instruction and network connection on Ricoh and Canon products.
Enjoyed meeting and working with my customers whom I built a relationship with over the last 28 years.