Ricoh Employee Reviews

productive and customer oriented environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2015
A typical day at work will result in taking on average 100 incoming calls, and most of those would be of planning and dispatching of a technician to customer office. Will would have the help of our managers and co-workers when needed. The hardest part of the job would be having an unsatisfied customer of our services on the phone. and the most enjoyable would be solving a customer problem and knowing that they left the line happy with the resolution I would have provided them.
Pros
free coffee
Awesome Place to Work
Senior Digital Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2015
It's great to work at a company that firmly believes in making money by maximizing value for the customer. What's even better is that Ricoh's value is helping people find work, and the customer is every job seeker in the entire world. I feel that our work helps people.

Ricoh moves fast but doesn't fall prey to the latest fads. Decisions are made based on data and actual business impact, not ego or hype. If you're looking for a company that adopts technologies and strategies just because they're the new hotness, look elsewhere.

Ricoh does more with less. Simplicity and focus drive the business. It shows in Ricoh's growth strategy (no huge investments or splashy product launches) and product philosophy (be simple and effective while staying out of the user's way).

All my colleagues are very self-motivated. You never see any mass exodus at 5:00PM. People come to work when they want and leave when they want, and upper-management doesn't care. Everyone knows what is necessary to get things done.

I can't imagine a better place to work as long as you are more interested in meaningful, challenging, exciting work than pure compensation.
Horrible
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Calgary28 May 2015
Poor management, no direction, senior management even worse. Blatant favouritism . Senior management worst I've ever worked for in 25 years. Manager loves people who brown nose .They enforce a code of ethics that is a joke and do complete opposite of everything stated in there values.
Pros
Cons
poor management, micro management, awful senior management
enjoyed my co-workers
Mail and Courier / Reprographics / Reception (Former Employee) –  calgary, AB16 October 2014
There was usually always something to do throughout the day. I learned all the possible roles in this company that I could. The management wasn't very good. Our team was constantly micro managed, and made it very difficult to get the tasks on hand to be accomplished in a timely manner. I worked very well with my co-workers. we always worked as best as we could in a team. The hardest part of my job was to work with a manager that wouldn't let us do our jobs properly. The most enjoyable part of this job was my team, and associating one on one with the clients.
Customer-service driven, professional environment
On-Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2014
8 hours days, not including lunch. If you have a long commute to get to/from work, it's hard to fit anything else into your day.

Procedure to take days off isn't ideal for a 20-something-year-old, considering you have to allocate the entirety of your vacation days at the beginning of each year.

Good people. Administration is good about staying in contact with the different sites across the country.

Due to the fact that you're stationed at another office there may be some segregation by some of the employees of the client-company.

Good company get experience.
Pros
+Good people
Cons
Long hours, vacation days are first-come, first-served
Productive and fun workplace
IT Support Analyst (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 April 2014
Productive and fun workplace. Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects of Ricoh Canada’s voice and data networks. This position interfaces with telcos and internal departments to troubleshoot, investigate possible solutions and follow up to ensure problem resolution. Remote desktop maintenance. IT asset maintenance. Work with Dell dispatch and close work orders
stressful environment, unprofessional supervisors, long hours, lack of consideration for employees
shipper (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 October 2013
Learned about picking, checking, packing and shipping the customers' orders. Also about how to deal directly with the customers, how to listen to their comments and complains and to solve them considering both the customers' interests and the company's values.
All the co-workers were appalled not lose their jobs, the atmosphere was oppressive and the supervisors took the advantage of desperate workers to have a job.
The hardest part of the job was at the and of the working day when we had to work under pressure to finish to ship all the orders for that day.
Cons
Long hours, to much overtime, (often from 7am to 7 pm, so 12 hours a day), poor salary.
Very poor management diferences between canadians and emigrants.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB9 July 2013
Since 2008 Ricoh had a merge with Icon and now they have a new management for the service department. I left the company for territorial reason. Started with 160 machines and end up with over 350. The service manager ask for retirement and his place was taken by the accouter of the company. No service technical support and no proper training for new technician.
Pros
Cons
gas card and benefits.
Good people, Fast pace, Productive Work Place
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2014
I enjoy working for Ricoh. The thing's I have learned and achieved with this company has helped me get one more step closer to a solid career. I'm looking for less hours and more income. Even though Ricoh is an amazing place its hard to work for the amount you are paid and people you work with.
Pros
It's a Day Job
Cons
Not enough income to live off of.
Awesome working environment with good sense of humor people
Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2012
It is a very busy and stressful day everyday but fulfilling. I've learned to handle difficult situations with lawyers and with their assistants. Teamwork is always present in the workplace wich makes the job easier. It is a great feeling at the end of the day to see that they are all satisfied with your work.
I worked for Ikon/Ricoh for 8 1/2 years
Call Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2015
It was very dissapointing that Ricoh made the decision to close the call centers in both Edmonton and Toronto and moved the centres down to the US. I enjoyed my work and was reasonable well paid with great benefits.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
job has gone to the US
Worked there for 28 years,laid off due to company leaving area
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS24 January 2013
Servicedoffice equipment all over Cape Breton. Managed territory and inventory,
Preformed equipment install,instruction and network connection on Ricoh and Canon products.
Enjoyed meeting and working with my customers whom I built a relationship with over the last 28 years.
Good growing company in Canada
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto4 February 2014
Lack of focus on career development. Senior management's resource is focused on fixing growth pains and neglects training and development. This causes HIPOs to become disillusioned and demotivated and leave. Too bad.
Pros
Flexibility. Great people. Fun environment.
Cons
Lack of career development and direction.
Good place to work with some nice perks
Assistant Site Supervisor at Gore Mutual (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, On12 March 2015
Learned a lot about insurance, great place to work with lots of cool perks, good benefits. Fellow co workers are all friendly with lots of great personalities.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
A very reputable organization
GTA Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ON28 October 2012
In Ricoh Canada Inc. I have gaine a lot of valuable expsrience that will currently enable me to explore and approach other challenging opportnities in the market to match my experience with an available job opening.
Pros
well established company
Cons
there is no career advancement
High Energy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2012
Each day is fast paced. High volume of client's needs.
learned a lot of legal field
Managed 9 employees. Worked with a great team.
The challenging part of the job is dealing with multiple personalities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting rewarded for a job well done.
Pros
friendly staff
great corporate cive
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2014
I really enjoyed working at Ricoh Canada I learnt quite a few
things about the printer business that I wasn't aware of before from start to finnish I gained valuable insights on supply chain fulfillment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lunches were not paid
Not a fun and glamourous place to work for.
On Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2012
A typical day at work is coming in from 9-6 signing in the moment I work threw the door. The first thing I do is get settled down gather what I need to get started. Depending on which day it is for example if it's either Monday,Wednesday,Friday we typically take care of our assign floors. Other than that whatever jobs I see sitting in the slots or checking the inbox on the computer thats typically the job description. Management here is kinda corrupt and to much politics to handle on a day by day basis. Co-workers are find at times but not consistence with team work. The hardest part of this job would have to be dealing with the non communications between co-workers and managers. The most enjoyable part of this job would have to be interacting with the clients on a day to day basis they make me wanna work hard for them.
Pros
interacting with the clients that outsource by ricoh
Cons
to much politics that goes on within the copy centre room.
Stressful environment.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta.9 October 2012
A typical day in the life of a Ricoh account executive usually consists of cold calling for a few hours in the morning, visiting customers, and putting together proposals and doing presentations.

I learned some excellent sales skills, and some excellent ways of approaching many different situations within a business to business environment.

Management of the company was okay, the managers are stretched thin and most of the time not available when you need them.

Co workers are fine.

The hardest part of the job was staying motivated and delivering the very high sales quotas they push on their reps. This was especially challenging in an environment where the competition will undercut you on price by as much as 50%.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility and the ability to help businesses streamline their processes.
Pros
freedom, earning potential.
Cons
very high sales quotas, in excess of 10 hour days if you're busy, not a lot of help from management, priced much higher than competitors on products.
Very positive
Mail Coordinator/Office Admin/Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2014
This was a very positive and knowledgeable position for me to have been positioned within. I would love to work for another company similar to the responsibilities I had here.