Ricoh Employee Reviews

Good growing company in Canada
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto4 February 2014
Lack of focus on career development. Senior management's resource is focused on fixing growth pains and neglects training and development. This causes HIPOs to become disillusioned and demotivated and leave. Too bad.
Pros
Flexibility. Great people. Fun environment.
Cons
Lack of career development and direction.
Good place to work with some nice perks
Assistant Site Supervisor at Gore Mutual (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, On12 March 2015
Learned a lot about insurance, great place to work with lots of cool perks, good benefits. Fellow co workers are all friendly with lots of great personalities.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Good
Administrative assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 December 2015
Good in general, giving outsourcing to another company, training was not so good, manager of Ricoh is good but them you have to follow orders of different managers of the other company and their order are not clear and when mistakes takes place is always your fault at the end of the day.

Experience was ok, always learning and as they say the boss is always right! You are a number that's it.
Pros
good work hours, good pay
Cons
Dont say nothing, even orders are not clear or they change their mind in a second, just try to do your best
Has a good Infastructure
Bedford view - SSC-MTB-AP Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bedfordview2 March 2016
Ricoh has a good work ethic but they tend to loose sight of their staff and the little problems quickly, also they don't seem to worried about the staff and their concerns and worries.
Pros
Cons
Micromanegment, dress code, rules
Customer-service driven, professional environment
On-Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2014
8 hours days, not including lunch. If you have a long commute to get to/from work, it's hard to fit anything else into your day.

Procedure to take days off isn't ideal for a 20-something-year-old, considering you have to allocate the entirety of your vacation days at the beginning of each year.

Good people. Administration is good about staying in contact with the different sites across the country.

Due to the fact that you're stationed at another office there may be some segregation by some of the employees of the client-company.

Good company get experience.
Pros
+Good people
Cons
Long hours, vacation days are first-come, first-served
Stressful environment.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta.9 October 2012
A typical day in the life of a Ricoh account executive usually consists of cold calling for a few hours in the morning, visiting customers, and putting together proposals and doing presentations.

I learned some excellent sales skills, and some excellent ways of approaching many different situations within a business to business environment.

Management of the company was okay, the managers are stretched thin and most of the time not available when you need them.

Co workers are fine.

The hardest part of the job was staying motivated and delivering the very high sales quotas they push on their reps. This was especially challenging in an environment where the competition will undercut you on price by as much as 50%.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility and the ability to help businesses streamline their processes.
Pros
freedom, earning potential.
Cons
very high sales quotas, in excess of 10 hour days if you're busy, not a lot of help from management, priced much higher than competitors on products.
enjoyed my co-workers
Mail and Courier / Reprographics / Reception (Former Employee) –  calgary, AB16 October 2014
There was usually always something to do throughout the day. I learned all the possible roles in this company that I could. The management wasn't very good. Our team was constantly micro managed, and made it very difficult to get the tasks on hand to be accomplished in a timely manner. I worked very well with my co-workers. we always worked as best as we could in a team. The hardest part of my job was to work with a manager that wouldn't let us do our jobs properly. The most enjoyable part of this job was my team, and associating one on one with the clients.
Very productive and learning experience
IT Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 February 2016
Good Billing procedures, accurate forecast reporting and control
Excellent customer services
Daily E-invoicing
Really nice work environment
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
Temporary contract
If you like to drive around a lot and meet people, you may like this job.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 September 2015
This job involved a lot of driving, and I mean a lot. I was put in charge of a 700KM service area in Northern BC. This covered Houston, BC, all the way to Telegraph Creek, BC.

RICOH provides very good training for all employees, and will assist you if you find concepts and terminology hard to understand. There is a lot of theory behind their training, and not so much with hands-on learning. After being in the PC industry for many years, I had no issues going from business to business repairing various models of RICOH MFP's.

There were a few pitfalls with this company. Being pulled out of my service area on a constant basis to assist technicians that were falling behind in service calls. This was either due to lack of preventative maintenance, or the area was too big to handle for one technician. The quality of MFP's demised over the years, which lead to more service calls for the newer models. RICOH was aware of various design defects, and would fix them at their leisure.

Another pitfall was the lack of compensation for the wear and tear on a vehicle. The amount did not cover oil changes, flat repairs, new tires, and interior cleaning due to toner accidents. Had the compensation be better, I would have continued with this company. If you have a small vehicle, and are working in a big city, this isn't so much an issue.
Pros
Great training, annual performance reviews
Cons
Company doesn't pay what people are worth
Horrible
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Calgary28 May 2015
Poor management, no direction, senior management even worse. Blatant favouritism . Senior management worst I've ever worked for in 25 years. Manager loves people who brown nose .They enforce a code of ethics that is a joke and do complete opposite of everything stated in there values.
Pros
Cons
poor management, micro management, awful senior management
Small scale office
Field Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2016
Although I have been with the company just a short time, I do enjoy the company. The only struggle is going from working with 100 + co workers to 9. Pace is a little slow for me
Best job I have ever had
Senior Onsite Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2015
The hours were great and the work was not too hard or physically demanding. The team that I worked with was the best, very nice bunch of people who always made me feel like I was an important part of the team.
Pros
Great team
my review
Dispatch/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 November 2015
Ricoh is a great place to work at.
The commute is getting harder for me especially in the winter

Working in dispatch was great , great manager , always lifted spirits .
Working in A/R depends on Manager I havent felt that way however the job itself is very rewarding
Pros
enviormentally friendly
Cons
training not up to standards
Good people, Fast pace, Productive Work Place
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2014
I enjoy working for Ricoh. The thing's I have learned and achieved with this company has helped me get one more step closer to a solid career. I'm looking for less hours and more income. Even though Ricoh is an amazing place its hard to work for the amount you are paid and people you work with.
Pros
It's a Day Job
Cons
Not enough income to live off of.
I worked for Ikon/Ricoh for 8 1/2 years
Call Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2015
It was very dissapointing that Ricoh made the decision to close the call centers in both Edmonton and Toronto and moved the centres down to the US. I enjoyed my work and was reasonable well paid with great benefits.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
job has gone to the US
High Energy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2012
Each day is fast paced. High volume of client's needs.
learned a lot of legal field
Managed 9 employees. Worked with a great team.
The challenging part of the job is dealing with multiple personalities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting rewarded for a job well done.
Pros
friendly staff
A very reputable organization
GTA Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ON28 October 2012
In Ricoh Canada Inc. I have gaine a lot of valuable expsrience that will currently enable me to explore and approach other challenging opportnities in the market to match my experience with an available job opening.
Pros
well established company
Cons
there is no career advancement
Typical work day
Warehouse porter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
pick orders then deliver them too their locations. My most enjoyable part of this job has to be dealing with guest and ensuring that they leave the arena with a smile on their face.
productive and customer oriented environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2015
A typical day at work will result in taking on average 100 incoming calls, and most of those would be of planning and dispatching of a technician to customer office. Will would have the help of our managers and co-workers when needed. The hardest part of the job would be having an unsatisfied customer of our services on the phone. and the most enjoyable would be solving a customer problem and knowing that they left the line happy with the resolution I would have provided them.
Pros
free coffee
Challenging working environment
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2014
It is a excellent place for someone to start his/her sales career.