Ricoh

Ricoh Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome working environment with good sense of humor people
Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 19, 2012
It is a very busy and stressful day everyday but fulfilling. I've learned to handle difficult situations with lawyers and with their assistants. Teamwork is always present in the workplace wich makes the job easier. It is a great feeling at the end of the day to see that they are all satisfied with your work.
Poor pay, no room for advancement.
Services Support (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHAugust 15, 2014
Scan and deliver DHL, Fed Ex, UPS, and USPS to proper departments. Pick up mail to be folded and insterted into envolopes.
Seal and post USPS mail.
Prepare and scan Fed Ex packages to be sent out.
Ensure all Fed Ex, UPS, and USPS mail goes out with the proper carriers.
Why You Should Never Do Business with Ricoh USA, Ricoh Americas Corporation
Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 9, 2014
Ricoh is a hard nose rip off company, which bill their customers by meter usage, as opposed to billing you a set price per month for supplies and services.

What Ricoh does is offer a trial period for the use of their office machines, to potential new customers. When a customer decides they do not want to move forward with Ricoh and not sign a service – more... contract for the new machine(s), Ricoh picks up the machine(s), takes the machine, with usage already on it, now, from the trial customer, cleans the machine(s) up at their warehouse, and then resale it as a brand new, never used machine. Remember, the machine(s) now have usage on them from the previous cust-
omer.

When an unsuspecting customer purchases the machine(s), and signs a new contract with Ricoh for Service, they are later billed an exorbitant amount for copies they never made on the so-called new machines. Ricoh trains their installers (techs) to enter a very low start reading for billing, even though the machine(s) may have 500 to even 2000 copies! Any customer, who has only one, or two machines would see this scam right away and would call in to dispute the charges. However, a larger customer, with maybe 10, or more machines, would never catch the over charges and will be billed unknowingly, being ripped off by Ricoh.
Ricoh has thousands of large customers, whom they bill these exorbitant amounts of money for copies the customer never even made.

Another way they rip off their customers is that they will not enter an actual reading for a customer with, say a 2,000 base allowance. What Ricoh does is have their billing agents enter the same meter reading as the previous month, while the customer’s actual reading is steadily going up daily. When the customer is billed three or four billing cycles later, it looks like they went over their 2,000 base allowances, but in reality, they didn’t. This leads unsuspecting customers to increase their base allowance, thus increasing the amount of money they pay per month for supplies and service.

Yet, here’s another way Ricoh rips off its customers. Whenever a customer leases equipment from Ricoh, they are billed from two separate entities. One is Ricoh Americas Corporation, which handles the leasing aspect of the account. The other is Ricoh USA, which handles the supplies and services of the account. Whenever a customer wants to cancel their lease agreement, Ricoh never comes to pick up the equipment. This leads the customer to continue to be billed for equipment they have requested to be canceled and picked up. Customer usually ends up in collections, disputing charges Ricoh refuses to remove from their account. This usually ruins the customer’s credit.

Finally, here’s another way Ricoh rips off its customers. Each Ricoh machine is tagged with an Equipment ID number (EID) and a Serial Number. When a customer calls in for supplies or services, they are asked for their EID, and or, Serial Number. Ricoh will delete, or change the EID, or Serial Number in the database, so that when the customer calls in for supplies or service, they are told they do not have a contract with Ricoh, as their number is not in the system. The customer usually ends up waiting for days, if not weeks trying to get service for a machine, on a service agreement they are paying for monthly.

You should never sign a contract with Ricoh, as it is extremely difficult to have them removed leased equipment off of your premises. The reason for this is because Ricoh measures its net worth by the amount of machines they have out in the field at customers’ locations. The more machines they appear to have out in the field, the more valuable they appear to be to investors.
You have all rights to terminate any misleading contract you sign with them if you have experienced this with your Ricoh account(s). Contact you legal department or lawyer should you have any issues dealing with Ricoh.

I hope this helps. Good luck on the decisions you make. – less
Productive and nice environment.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2014
Pros: working at different companies.
Cons: having to leave a company if the employer lost the contract.
Delivered mail and other packages to employees at different work sites. Learned to use a mail machine, and management skills. The management team was great. They made sure I had what i needed when i needed it. My co-workers were great people to work with. I really didn't find anything about the job to be hard. Working at the different companies that – more... my employer had contracts with. – less
Not a positive location to advance, jobwise.
Mail Services Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: short drive to work; in-house coffee shop and cafeteria.
Cons: early lunch daily.
After working for this company for more than a year, I see no chance of advancement in the near future. I am setting my sights in working for a different employer in the foreseeable future.
Productive and fun workplace with a harmonuos work force.
General Accountant (Former Employee), Phillipines, PHJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free meal on overtime exceeding 3 hours
Cons: short breaks, works on weekend
We are like family in the accounting team, I have learned to be more patient and detailed on working. The management is very approachable, the president visits our workplace and talk to us like an ordinary employee. My co-workers are very helpful, they assist me in the things that are new to me since I am new to the company. The hardest part of my job – more... come on the 10th and 20th day of the month because its the commission payout date. I need to make it on time, people need their money. I enjoy my work most on preparing the financial statement, I really enjoy the challenging part of the job. – less
Administrative III (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDJuly 23, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: not supportive to productive work habits
Due to many mergers, management changed quite often. The constant changes left employees having to train new managers frequently causing work load to fall behind.
I like the variety of the job.
Document Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 22, 2014
Pros: i get to travel.
Cons: i just don't make enough to live on.
The first action is to review the job jacket to see what is required then to scan accordingly.

I must be flexible because depending on the job: FDIC, Oil & Gas Company, and others each one may be handled differently.

Maintained confidentiality for sensitive financial, medical, and legal documents.

Maintained above excellent reports met all deadlines – more... required. – less
challanging
Customer Service Scheduler Advisor (Current Employee), Northampton, ENGJuly 15, 2014
Pros: challanging
Cons: no progresstion
I have been working at Ricoh as a Customer Service Scheduler Advisor in an inbound call centre. My roles entails using Cisco phones system, using a number of software such as word, excel, click and Seibel. My main responsibilities are to ensure engineers have calls to go to at all times go through the regional inbox. Ricoh is a photocopying company – more... and my job is to ensure when a customer has a fault with there photocopier/fax machine I get an engineer out to the customer with in the response time which could be between 2-8 hours. I also speak to customers on a daily basic to book service calls for the machines. I am the deputy of the team so I work very close with my team leader to help her with managerial roles. – less
q
Classification of Legal Documents (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 14, 2014
This was a good job, other than management. They use a lot of temps who get more compensation than their employees.
Nice Place to work
Site Manager (Current Employee), Washingto DC (McGuireWoods LLP)July 11, 2014
I’ve received superior marks in areas including: organization, customer service and written/verbal communication skills, serving as a liaison between internal staff and external vendors, accountability and reliability, devoted teamwork and leadership skills while supervising up to 9 full-time employees, managing day-to-day operations and staff, swift – more... problem solving, as well as, high-volume and high-quality work output.

Through this experience, I have become proficient in an assortment of office administration functions and software packages. Rounding out my qualifications is the ability to multi-task and prioritize while handling up to $50K in services revenue per month. – less
poor management and lack of help
senior onsite service specialist (Former Employee), new York, nyJuly 7, 2014
Cons: management, poor pay, payroll is terrible at their job, they refuse to move you around
Worked there for three years. Management never praises the employees. You only see them when something goes wrong or they want more from the client. Out of the five supervisors I had in that time only one knew the job. They hire the least professional people they can find. They pick and choose who they want to enforce the rules for. It's all about kissing – more... up and being friends with your manager instead of hard work. Terrible company. – less
Exciting job.
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee), London ColneyJuly 6, 2014
Busy and exciting company to work for, every day was faced with new challenges.
Just Another Corporate Environment
sales (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 5, 2014
Cons: micro managed, poor mangement, overall bad operations poor pay
First and foremost this company from what I saw and learn has revolving door and its no more then entry level job that if you get an opportunity to advance thats great but even so its micro managed and poorly operated. You have 3 interview process and last interview you have to presentation and its painful. The guy that did my last interview I never – more... meet and he didn't even ask me to talk about myself or try to get to know me anyway, I mean you would think he would like to know me better since I would be working for him and he could care less. After being around this place for short time I knew it wasn't for me. This place needs to be restructured and management needs to be evaluated. I wouldn't recommend anyone work for such poorly operating company. – less
Ricoh
Paladin Consultant (Former Employee), Centennial, COJuly 2, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: n/a
I would recommend this company to anyone that is willing to meet people and that enjoys working and building relationships with there customers. This company is great at what they do and there training is very well. After you finish the training you will be able to understand, explain, perform, and reteach you job to a new employee. Great experience – more... and job. – less
Young happy office
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Menlyn Park, GPJuly 1, 2014
Pros: secure job environment
Cons: large sales teams
The company is well established and the international holding makes is very secure well know brand to sell.Management is encouraging and keen on assisting in anyway they can
NOBLE \RICO H
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 30, 2014
Opening Procedures
8AM: Check coffee, refill cups, napkins & paper towels
9am: Pick up mail on the 1st floor. Then sort the mail & finally deliver the mail to the 6th & 7th floors
10:30am: Check the printers & copiers on the 6th & 7th floors for paper & refill if necessary
11am:Take inventory on the 7th floor of the two pantries numbered 736 & 718
1pm: – more... Check conference rooms (Wipe the white boards, straighten chairs & equipment back in place, etc.)
2pm: Put away supply orders
Mail Safety and Security – less
Great Organization to work with.
Multi Site Manager (Current Employee), OKJune 23, 2014
Pros: large stable company
I have enjoyed my time with Ricoh USA. I was able to advance within the organization quickly and respected my peers.
I neither feel good or bad about the company.
Records Management for RoundPoint Mortgage (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: the company could provide better benefits for its employees.
Their is alot of team work at this company and all the employees get along to make the day to day functions happen.
Awesome staff
Business Canvasser (Former Employee), Dunedin, SJune 10, 2014
Pros: colleagues
Taking calls
Management was a open door policy which made you feel great
Co- Workers helpful and very friendly
Is first thing in the morning when i get to work to see all the colleagues and knowing its another day to help clients.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ricoh

Ricoh Americas represents Japan's Ricoh Company in Central America, North America, and South America. The unit markets, sells, – Read more