Ricoh Employee Reviews in Canada

Great environment to work to, great staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
I've been working in this company for almost 12 years it has great environment to work in, my co-workers and awesome, there is team work I can say. The company help you to develop your skills, and have family values. they are very concern to our clients to be happy and satisfy in our service to them. Even it has fast face environment we make sure we can keep up to our priorities to make sure our job are always on time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
always rush jobs
Good employer to work for, but some more understanding needed.
Meter Reads Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2016
Each day is different, From data entry to being on the phone. Each client needs from having their reads into BAAN, and/or have their invoice adjusted. From doing upload from an Excel spreadsheet. My co-workers were the best to work with, if there were something I need to know, I could ask anyone of them and they would help me when need. We had a very good team spirit.

I enjoy going to work everyday, because I knew I would learn something new each day.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Cut backs
Good
Administrative assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 21, 2015
Good in general, giving outsourcing to another company, training was not so good, manager of Ricoh is good but them you have to follow orders of different managers of the other company and their order are not clear and when mistakes takes place is always your fault at the end of the day.

Experience was ok, always learning and as they say the boss is always right! You are a number that's it.
Pros
good work hours, good pay
Cons
Dont say nothing, even orders are not clear or they change their mind in a second, just try to do your best
Known for Service Excellence
DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Ricoh Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ricoh Americas Corporation with its head office located in Toronto, employing over 2,200 employees nation-wide. We are pioneers in the development of office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services.
Has a good Infastructure
Bedford view - SSC-MTB-AP Clerk (Current Employee) –  BedfordviewMarch 2, 2016
Ricoh has a good work ethic but they tend to loose sight of their staff and the little problems quickly, also they don't seem to worried about the staff and their concerns and worries.
Pros
Cons
Micromanegment, dress code, rules
not micro managed- have to be extremely driven and money hungry
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2015
different types of management. Mine did not micro manage. This has it's pro's and con's.

Individuals must be extremely driven and money hungry as base pay is very low.

Individuals are not compensated for cars- parking, gas etc.
Pros
not micro management, very independent
Cons
paid monthly, not compensated for, low base pay
my review
Dispatch/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 26, 2015
Ricoh is a great place to work at.
The commute is getting harder for me especially in the winter

Working in dispatch was great , great manager , always lifted spirits .
Working in A/R depends on Manager I havent felt that way however the job itself is very rewarding
Pros
enviormentally friendly
Cons
training not up to standards
Very productive and learning experience
IT Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Good Billing procedures, accurate forecast reporting and control
Excellent customer services
Daily E-invoicing
Really nice work environment
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
Temporary contract
Best job I have ever had
Senior Onsite Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 22, 2015
The hours were great and the work was not too hard or physically demanding. The team that I worked with was the best, very nice bunch of people who always made me feel like I was an important part of the team.
Pros
Great team
Very good first job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 5, 2015
I started as an Account Manager at Ricoh. Unfortunately, Sales was just not for me, but it is a great place to start your career in business, and even better if you like sales. The management and training are top notch, and will prepare you for a very solid career.
Pros
Lots of freedom, Very helpful managers
Cons
Very little direction or oversight
good place to work
Field Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 20, 2016
good place to work, coworkers are great. the team work was the bests. mangment was always there to help. a job I will miss.
Pros
team works
Cons
laided off
Small scale office
Field Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Although I have been with the company just a short time, I do enjoy the company. The only struggle is going from working with 100 + co workers to 9. Pace is a little slow for me
Typical work day
Warehouse porter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
pick orders then deliver them too their locations. My most enjoyable part of this job has to be dealing with guest and ensuring that they leave the arena with a smile on their face.
Awesome Place to Work
Senior Digital Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 1, 2015
It's great to work at a company that firmly believes in making money by maximizing value for the customer. What's even better is that Ricoh's value is helping people find work, and the customer is every job seeker in the entire world. I feel that our work helps people.

Ricoh moves fast but doesn't fall prey to the latest fads. Decisions are made based on data and actual business impact, not ego or hype. If you're looking for a company that adopts technologies and strategies just because they're the new hotness, look elsewhere.

Ricoh does more with less. Simplicity and focus drive the business. It shows in Ricoh's growth strategy (no huge investments or splashy product launches) and product philosophy (be simple and effective while staying out of the user's way).

All my colleagues are very self-motivated. You never see any mass exodus at 5:00PM. People come to work when they want and leave when they want, and upper-management doesn't care. Everyone knows what is necessary to get things done.

I can't imagine a better place to work as long as you are more interested in meaningful, challenging, exciting work than pure compensation.
Horrible
Shipper (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMay 28, 2015
Poor management, no direction, senior management even worse. Blatant favouritism . Senior management worst I've ever worked for in 25 years. Manager loves people who brown nose .They enforce a code of ethics that is a joke and do complete opposite of everything stated in there values.
Pros
Cons
poor management, micro management, awful senior management
productive and customer oriented environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work will result in taking on average 100 incoming calls, and most of those would be of planning and dispatching of a technician to customer office. Will would have the help of our managers and co-workers when needed. The hardest part of the job would be having an unsatisfied customer of our services on the phone. and the most enjoyable would be solving a customer problem and knowing that they left the line happy with the resolution I would have provided them.
Pros
free coffee
I worked for Ikon/Ricoh for 8 1/2 years
Call Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2015
It was very dissapointing that Ricoh made the decision to close the call centers in both Edmonton and Toronto and moved the centres down to the US. I enjoyed my work and was reasonable well paid with great benefits.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
job has gone to the us
Good place to work with some nice perks
Assistant Site Supervisor at Gore Mutual (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OnMarch 12, 2015
Learned a lot about insurance, great place to work with lots of cool perks, good benefits. Fellow co workers are all friendly with lots of great personalities.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
enjoyed my co-workers
Mail and Courier / Reprographics / Reception (Former Employee) –  calgary, ABOctober 16, 2014
There was usually always something to do throughout the day. I learned all the possible roles in this company that I could. The management wasn't very good. Our team was constantly micro managed, and made it very difficult to get the tasks on hand to be accomplished in a timely manner. I worked very well with my co-workers. we always worked as best as we could in a team. The hardest part of my job was to work with a manager that wouldn't let us do our jobs properly. The most enjoyable part of this job was my team, and associating one on one with the clients.
If you like to drive around a lot and meet people, you may like this job.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 23, 2015
This job involved a lot of driving, and I mean a lot. I was put in charge of a 700KM service area in Northern BC. This covered Houston, BC, all the way to Telegraph Creek, BC.

RICOH provides very good training for all employees, and will assist you if you find concepts and terminology hard to understand. There is a lot of theory behind their training, and not so much with hands-on learning. After being in the PC industry for many years, I had no issues going from business to business repairing various models of RICOH MFP's.

There were a few pitfalls with this company. Being pulled out of my service area on a constant basis to assist technicians that were falling behind in service calls. This was either due to lack of preventative maintenance, or the area was too big to handle for one technician. The quality of MFP's demised over the years, which lead to more service calls for the newer models. RICOH was aware of various design defects, and would fix them at their leisure.

Another pitfall was the lack of compensation for the wear and tear on a vehicle. The amount did not cover oil changes, flat repairs, new tires, and interior cleaning due to toner accidents. Had the compensation be better, I would have continued with this company. If you have a small vehicle, and are working in a big city, this isn't so much an issue.
Pros
Great training, annual performance reviews
Cons
Company doesn't pay what people are worth