Ricoh Employee Reviews

Poorly managed from the upper levels
Second shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
Very little regard for the workers at the sites. Disorganized and chaotic most of the time. Clients very unreasonable to deal with and unrealistic about job completion times. There is no support from upper management who would rather keep adding new accounts instead of correcting issues at current sites. The training is non- existent and is basically a sink or swim environment.
benefits
Cons
pretty much everything
Nice environnement
Superviseur de Site pour Integro Insurance Brokers (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 August 2016
Working for Ricoh is fun and challenging. In a typical day of work, i'll check my emails, make sure every printer is full of paper, distributes the insurance documents to whom it may concern, manage the cheques comming in as well as the mail and messenger service and help a lot with the bonding and administrative tasks. With Ricoh i've learned many administrative skills, I now manage my own site so I am the one in charge of the client satisfaction with the service that we offer. I work alone, I am the only employee of Ricoh Canada here, but all my cowokers from Integro are nice and frienfly, we work in harmony and they know they can rely on me if hey have a technical problem or if they need a special order. The hardest part of my job is to manage my time and priorities, sometimes at the bonding (I help with that too) they have many documents to send and I am already doing somthing or I am busy getting all the cheques logged in, but it is challenging and i really do appreciate that. The most enjoyable part of my jobn is that I always have someting to do, so the day passes by quickly and I always learn something new.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
bad salary
Great environment to work to, great staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2016
I've been working in this company for almost 12 years it has great environment to work in, my co-workers and awesome, there is team work I can say. The company help you to develop your skills, and have family values. they are very concern to our clients to be happy and satisfy in our service to them. Even it has fast face environment we make sure we can keep up to our priorities to make sure our job are always on time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
always rush jobs
Good employer to work for, but some more understanding needed.
Meter Reads Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2016
Each day is different, From data entry to being on the phone. Each client needs from having their reads into BAAN, and/or have their invoice adjusted. From doing upload from an Excel spreadsheet. My co-workers were the best to work with, if there were something I need to know, I could ask anyone of them and they would help me when need. We had a very good team spirit.

I enjoy going to work everyday, because I knew I would learn something new each day.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Cut backs
Productive and Fun workplace
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 June 2016
Gained a lot of experience as a interim assistant manager which includes: customer relations, dealing with staff, and day to day work duties.
Benefits
Cons
Pay increase
Great product, awful management and culture
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 February 2017
Customers love the product so if you're competent, and can book meetings to engage them, you're off to a good start but you'd better hope that the people you work with are as dedicated to the betterment of the branch or company as you are. You can only work on your own for so long before you need to rely on the internal Ricoh network and that's where I felt I was let down.
Pros
Excellent product lineup
Cons
Hard to navigate systems and processes
Horrible place
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary13 January 2017
Management is rude they need everything yesterday no set time line always now! Sales rep are looking for a quick sale to make commission they are demanding on getting the products out no set dates need to go now!
Pros
nothing
Cons
going home at the end of day
Excellent Work Life Balance
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2016
Ricoh introduced a new concept of a dynamic work space. The NWOW represents a positive move for Ricoh Canada where information mobility, collaboration and technology can be combined and practiced in support of our Services strategy.

The NWOW encourages teams to connect and collaborate through a more refined telecommuting experience which is enabled through technologies such as the Condeco Meeting Room Solution, projectors, and interactive whiteboards. With unassigned workstations, it also fosters a culture of teamwork and collaboration that enables employees to have access to information whenever and wherever they need it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Fast paced office, great potential for great earnings!
Sales Executive (Inside/Outside Sales Rep) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2016
Fun office, fast paced, great potential for large commissions earnings, continued education and training always provided. Position advancement potential.
Pros
great potential for large commissions
Cons
Very high pressure
Awesome Place to Work
Senior Digital Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2015
It's great to work at a company that firmly believes in making money by maximizing value for the customer. What's even better is that Ricoh's value is helping people find work, and the customer is every job seeker in the entire world. I feel that our work helps people.

Ricoh moves fast but doesn't fall prey to the latest fads. Decisions are made based on data and actual business impact, not ego or hype. If you're looking for a company that adopts technologies and strategies just because they're the new hotness, look elsewhere.

Ricoh does more with less. Simplicity and focus drive the business. It shows in Ricoh's growth strategy (no huge investments or splashy product launches) and product philosophy (be simple and effective while staying out of the user's way).

All my colleagues are very self-motivated. You never see any mass exodus at 5:00PM. People come to work when they want and leave when they want, and upper-management doesn't care. Everyone knows what is necessary to get things done.

I can't imagine a better place to work as long as you are more interested in meaningful, challenging, exciting work than pure compensation.
stressful environment, unprofessional supervisors, long hours, lack of consideration for employees
shipper (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 October 2013
Learned about picking, checking, packing and shipping the customers' orders. Also about how to deal directly with the customers, how to listen to their comments and complains and to solve them considering both the customers' interests and the company's values.
All the co-workers were appalled not lose their jobs, the atmosphere was oppressive and the supervisors took the advantage of desperate workers to have a job.
The hardest part of the job was at the and of the working day when we had to work under pressure to finish to ship all the orders for that day.
Cons
Long hours, to much overtime, (often from 7am to 7 pm, so 12 hours a day), poor salary.
Invaluable learning and exposure to various business verticals
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2016
Had intended to work with this organization for no more than a year... have been there 11 now. Have stayed so long because of the people and the opportunities for career growth.
Very poor management diferences between canadians and emigrants.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB9 July 2013
Since 2008 Ricoh had a merge with Icon and now they have a new management for the service department. I left the company for territorial reason. Started with 160 machines and end up with over 350. The service manager ask for retirement and his place was taken by the accouter of the company. No service technical support and no proper training for new technician.
Pros
Cons
gas card and benefits.
Don't work for Atlantic canada Ricoh
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 May 2016
I worked for these's guys for over 2yrs ,the management here don't know what's going on.The service side is a joke. The other sides on the other hand I would give them a good score.So pretty much don't work for service.
Pros
monday to friday 8:30 to 5pm., travel for training
Cons
management, pay.
I would just simply say: "Avoid this company"
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 April 2015
Like any Fortune-500 company, you have to decide if being treated like a number and a source of corporate income is something you can live with.

In the beginning, you'll be constantly travelling for training purposes. if Ricoh could cut costs and attempt to cross-train every single technician on all hardware types, they would.

Yes, you are a revenue stream for the company. You'll usually end up as the the key ingredient for a salesperson.

Cost-cutting is Ricoh's biggest accomplishment. Each time a new model comes out, you find more metallic parts being replaced with plastic parts. You'll spend more time tending to service calls on newer equipment versus the older equipment.

If you get stuck in a service area that still has older IKON Canon copiers, expect to deal with a lot of frustration. There are no training courses for this equipment, and as older technicians retire, it becomes increasingly difficult to repair these machines. Management has no response to this other then to say "Suck it up, buttercup."

So yes, if you want to gain experience in this industry, look at Canon instead.
Pros
Paid benefits, routine travel, see places that you have never been to before.
Cons
Vehicle allowance does not pay for a lot of things, constantly being pulled out of service territory to assist overwhelmed techicians.
If you like to drive around a lot and meet people, you may like this job.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 September 2015
This job involved a lot of driving, and I mean a lot. I was put in charge of a 700KM service area in Northern BC. This covered Houston, BC, all the way to Telegraph Creek, BC.

RICOH provides very good training for all employees, and will assist you if you find concepts and terminology hard to understand. There is a lot of theory behind their training, and not so much with hands-on learning. After being in the PC industry for many years, I had no issues going from business to business repairing various models of RICOH MFP's.

There were a few pitfalls with this company. Being pulled out of my service area on a constant basis to assist technicians that were falling behind in service calls. This was either due to lack of preventative maintenance, or the area was too big to handle for one technician. The quality of MFP's demised over the years, which lead to more service calls for the newer models. RICOH was aware of various design defects, and would fix them at their leisure.

Another pitfall was the lack of compensation for the wear and tear on a vehicle. The amount did not cover oil changes, flat repairs, new tires, and interior cleaning due to toner accidents. Had the compensation be better, I would have continued with this company. If you have a small vehicle, and are working in a big city, this isn't so much an issue.
Pros
Great training, annual performance reviews
Cons
Company doesn't pay what people are worth
Great atmosphere, flexible working hours
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2016
People are very nice and you can distribute working hours between home and office.
...................................
Good place to work with some nice perks
Assistant Site Supervisor at Gore Mutual (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, On12 March 2015
Learned a lot about insurance, great place to work with lots of cool perks, good benefits. Fellow co workers are all friendly with lots of great personalities.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
I worked for Ikon/Ricoh for 8 1/2 years
Call Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2015
It was very dissapointing that Ricoh made the decision to close the call centers in both Edmonton and Toronto and moved the centres down to the US. I enjoyed my work and was reasonable well paid with great benefits.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
job has gone to the US
Not a fun and glamourous place to work for.
On Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2012
A typical day at work is coming in from 9-6 signing in the moment I work threw the door. The first thing I do is get settled down gather what I need to get started. Depending on which day it is for example if it's either Monday,Wednesday,Friday we typically take care of our assign floors. Other than that whatever jobs I see sitting in the slots or checking the inbox on the computer thats typically the job description. Management here is kinda corrupt and to much politics to handle on a day by day basis. Co-workers are find at times but not consistence with team work. The hardest part of this job would have to be dealing with the non communications between co-workers and managers. The most enjoyable part of this job would have to be interacting with the clients on a day to day basis they make me wanna work hard for them.
Pros
interacting with the clients that outsource by ricoh
Cons
to much politics that goes on within the copy centre room.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ricoh. Our community is ready to answer.