Ricoh Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent Work Life Balance
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 18, 2016
Ricoh introduced a new concept of a dynamic work space. The NWOW represents a positive move for Ricoh Canada where information mobility, collaboration and technology can be combined and practiced in support of our Services strategy.

The NWOW encourages teams to connect and collaborate through a more refined telecommuting experience which is enabled through technologies such as the Condeco Meeting Room Solution, projectors, and interactive whiteboards. With unassigned workstations, it also fosters a culture of teamwork and collaboration that enables employees to have access to information whenever and wherever they need it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Great atmosphere, flexible working hours
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2016
People are very nice and you can distribute working hours between home and office.
...................................
Invaluable learning and exposure to various business verticals
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2016
Had intended to work with this organization for no more than a year... have been there 11 now. Have stayed so long because of the people and the opportunities for career growth.
Productive and Fun workplace
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 13, 2016
Gained a lot of experience as a interim assistant manager which includes: customer relations, dealing with staff, and day to day work duties.
Benefits
Cons
Pay increase
Don't work for Atlantic canada Ricoh
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 30, 2016
I worked for these's guys for over 2yrs ,the management here don't know what's going on.The service side is a joke. The other sides on the other hand I would give them a good score.So pretty much don't work for service.
Pros
monday to friday 8:30 to 5pm., travel for training
Cons
management, pay.
Great environment to work to, great staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
I've been working in this company for almost 12 years it has great environment to work in, my co-workers and awesome, there is team work I can say. The company help you to develop your skills, and have family values. they are very concern to our clients to be happy and satisfy in our service to them. Even it has fast face environment we make sure we can keep up to our priorities to make sure our job are always on time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
always rush jobs
good place to work
Field Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 20, 2016
good place to work, coworkers are great. the team work was the bests. mangment was always there to help. a job I will miss.
Pros
team works
Cons
laided off
Good employer to work for, but some more understanding needed.
Meter Reads Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2016
Each day is different, From data entry to being on the phone. Each client needs from having their reads into BAAN, and/or have their invoice adjusted. From doing upload from an Excel spreadsheet. My co-workers were the best to work with, if there were something I need to know, I could ask anyone of them and they would help me when need. We had a very good team spirit.

I enjoy going to work everyday, because I knew I would learn something new each day.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Cut backs
Has a good Infastructure
Bedford view - SSC-MTB-AP Clerk (Current Employee) –  BedfordviewMarch 2, 2016
Ricoh has a good work ethic but they tend to loose sight of their staff and the little problems quickly, also they don't seem to worried about the staff and their concerns and worries.
Pros
Cons
Micromanegment, dress code, rules
Very productive and learning experience
IT Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Good Billing procedures, accurate forecast reporting and control
Excellent customer services
Daily E-invoicing
Really nice work environment
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
Temporary contract
Known for Service Excellence
DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Ricoh Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ricoh Americas Corporation with its head office located in Toronto, employing over 2,200 employees nation-wide. We are pioneers in the development of office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services.
Small scale office
Field Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Although I have been with the company just a short time, I do enjoy the company. The only struggle is going from working with 100 + co workers to 9. Pace is a little slow for me
Best job I have ever had
Senior Onsite Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 22, 2015
The hours were great and the work was not too hard or physically demanding. The team that I worked with was the best, very nice bunch of people who always made me feel like I was an important part of the team.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Good
Administrative assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 21, 2015
Good in general, giving outsourcing to another company, training was not so good, manager of Ricoh is good but them you have to follow orders of different managers of the other company and their order are not clear and when mistakes takes place is always your fault at the end of the day.

Experience was ok, always learning and as they say the boss is always right! You are a number that's it.
Pros
good work hours, good pay
Cons
Dont say nothing, even orders are not clear or they change their mind in a second, just try to do your best
Awesome Place to Work
Senior Digital Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 1, 2015
It's great to work at a company that firmly believes in making money by maximizing value for the customer. What's even better is that Ricoh's value is helping people find work, and the customer is every job seeker in the entire world. I feel that our work helps people.

Ricoh moves fast but doesn't fall prey to the latest fads. Decisions are made based on data and actual business impact, not ego or hype. If you're looking for a company that adopts technologies and strategies just because they're the new hotness, look elsewhere.

Ricoh does more with less. Simplicity and focus drive the business. It shows in Ricoh's growth strategy (no huge investments or splashy product launches) and product philosophy (be simple and effective while staying out of the user's way).

All my colleagues are very self-motivated. You never see any mass exodus at 5:00PM. People come to work when they want and leave when they want, and upper-management doesn't care. Everyone knows what is necessary to get things done.

I can't imagine a better place to work as long as you are more interested in meaningful, challenging, exciting work than pure compensation.
Typical work day
Warehouse porter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
pick orders then deliver them too their locations. My most enjoyable part of this job has to be dealing with guest and ensuring that they leave the arena with a smile on their face.
my review
Dispatch/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 26, 2015
Ricoh is a great place to work at.
The commute is getting harder for me especially in the winter

Working in dispatch was great , great manager , always lifted spirits .
Working in A/R depends on Manager I havent felt that way however the job itself is very rewarding
Pros
enviormentally friendly
Cons
training not up to standards
not micro managed- have to be extremely driven and money hungry
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2015
different types of management. Mine did not micro manage. This has it's pro's and con's.

Individuals must be extremely driven and money hungry as base pay is very low.

Individuals are not compensated for cars- parking, gas etc.
Pros
not micro management, very independent
Cons
paid monthly, not compensated for, low base pay
Very good first job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 5, 2015
I started as an Account Manager at Ricoh. Unfortunately, Sales was just not for me, but it is a great place to start your career in business, and even better if you like sales. The management and training are top notch, and will prepare you for a very solid career.
Pros
Lots of freedom, Very helpful managers
Cons
Very little direction or oversight
If you like to drive around a lot and meet people, you may like this job.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 23, 2015
This job involved a lot of driving, and I mean a lot. I was put in charge of a 700KM service area in Northern BC. This covered Houston, BC, all the way to Telegraph Creek, BC.

RICOH provides very good training for all employees, and will assist you if you find concepts and terminology hard to understand. There is a lot of theory behind their training, and not so much with hands-on learning. After being in the PC industry for many years, I had no issues going from business to business repairing various models of RICOH MFP's.

There were a few pitfalls with this company. Being pulled out of my service area on a constant basis to assist technicians that were falling behind in service calls. This was either due to lack of preventative maintenance, or the area was too big to handle for one technician. The quality of MFP's demised over the years, which lead to more service calls for the newer models. RICOH was aware of various design defects, and would fix them at their leisure.

Another pitfall was the lack of compensation for the wear and tear on a vehicle. The amount did not cover oil changes, flat repairs, new tires, and interior cleaning due to toner accidents. Had the compensation be better, I would have continued with this company. If you have a small vehicle, and are working in a big city, this isn't so much an issue.
Pros
Great training, annual performance reviews
Cons
Company doesn't pay what people are worth