Ricoh Corporation

Ricoh Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My favorite job...
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Sparks, NVJune 7, 2013
Pros: great employees.
Cons: time away from children.
I enjoyed going to work everyday. I started out as an Accounting Supervisor and continued to grow and learn how to help the Controller daily! The hardest part of the my day is knowing I had 2 babies at home with a babysitter. There was a high demand for efficiency and time crunches on financials and reports.
Strong stable company with an excellent record in research and development
Onsite Dedicated Ricoh Technician (Current Employee), HoustonMay 16, 2013
Pros: quarterly bonuses
Cons: healthcare expenses
Over the past eight years, Ricoh has proven to be a very stable company admid economic instability. Ricoh has made great strides in the technology sector with award wining advancements.
Nice play to work.
Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer III (Former Employee), Tustin, CAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: incentivized mid year reviews.
Cons: not much room to grow.
I enjoyed my time working for Ricoh Electronics, Inc. in Tustin, CA. They're a good group of folks and looking back, it's one of the better jobs I've had.
Excellent Corporation with aggressive strategies for the print market
Director, Print on Demand Software & Solutions (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJMarch 25, 2013
Pros: autonomy to strategize and plan a new software suite for the ricoh production print engines.
Cons: language barriers and multiple corporate aquisitions.
This was a virtual office position that required about 75% travel - both Domestic and International. It provided an opportunity to build a software development / management team to build software products for the production print industry from the ground up.
My first experience was good, my second couldn’t of gone any worse
Site Manager (Former Employee), CtMarch 18, 2013
Cons: to many to list
IAM’s and upper management are inconsistent, untrustworthy and liars they play the system to make themselves look better at any cost they will throw any employee under the bus to save their own lazy butts. Ricoh/IKON has gotten so far away from customer service, it’s all about the all mighty dollar now and it’s only going to be a matter of time before – more... their clients start to see it. – less
Liked the independence of being able to go from job site to job site
Service Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2013
Pros: on the road driving from job to job
Cons: some management and co-workers were not good support if you need it!
Had its moments; good to be out and about repairing machines; difficult sometimes to do and even harder if you don't have any co-workers to give you a helping hand! a few were ok, but majority, for the birds! Makes for a bad work environment knowing you don't have good back up when you need it most.
A Company without direction, values
Manager-IT Sales and Service (Former Employee), Kansas City areaFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: the fact that i'm not there
Cons: way too numerous to mention.
Spent enough time there to realize that leaving the position I was in to do so was a major mistake. Unfortunately, there is absolutely no direction within the organization. My old position was "reinvented" four times in a two year period and is now nothing like what I hired in as.

This is a company that has lost its direction, focus, values and the – more... like as they have continued to acquire companies over the years. Too much growth by take over and not enough organically.

Senior management from the area director on up through regional and to national, all too concerned about their bonuses. It's how do we screw the staff AND the customer in order to get our bonus checks.

While I was there, turnover was extremely high, morale quite low. Managers making other managers angry over stolen accounts. Managers making their staff irritated to the point of leaving because they were wanting more even though that particualr staff member was exceeding objectives. Screwing people on pay. Lying to staff about margins to a point where they earned no commissions.

I was always the target because I treated my team quite differently. When I left, they followed behind me.

If you are looking for a position and you're looking at this company, continue your search. What it will do to you is not worth the sleepless nights, the stress nor anything associated. – less
Typical Day
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: excellent product & service. can generally come and go as i please.
Cons: decreased pay plan per unit i sell.
Setting appointments, cold calling, meeting with customer to present and close business.
A Brief Overview of Office Services and Legal Lawfirms
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNJanuary 27, 2013
Cons: short breaks, not open to new ideas to make work flow easier
A typical Day at work would be sorting and delivering mail, processing documents, scanning, faxing, creating pdf files, converting the pdf into tif files. The co-workers are not team players. The hardest part of the job is getting co-workers to follow instuctions and directions. The most enjoyable part is the variety of the different job descriptions.
Poor Mangement
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Weston, FLJanuary 24, 2013
Not a great work environment or management team. Lack of growth and opportunity.
worst company to work for
machine operator (Former Employee), upstate NYJanuary 15, 2013
Cons: everything
terrible management only interested in their numbers not their employees. no support from management, only lie after lie about everything from ordering equipment to personnel issues. unhappy environment and co-worker cooperation.
Very good company
Field Service Specialist Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2012
Pros: quarterly promotions
Cons: limited upward mobility.
A typical day at work entails me visiting approximately 4 to 7 customers. My job duties varies. I may have to perform a general maintenance on a fax or copier machine, or just a courtesy service call to the customer to ensure that all is well. Throughout my employment I have learned how to be an effective liasion between customer and management, and – more... how to be a leader by example. Management has been very instrumental in building and improving customer service relationships. Over the years they have put customer first and has trained their representatives to do the same. I am respected amongst my peers. Twice I have been voted technician of the year by my colleagues. The hardest part of the job is when I am unable to complete a service call effectively. The most enjoyablepart of the job is having a satisfied customer. – less
Very nice company to work for.
Sales Administrator (Former Employee), Troy, MINovember 3, 2012
Very nice work inviroment. Very nice people to work with, I'm still in contact with former co-workers there. You are learning new things almost everyday. Can be fast paced at month end. Loved this job.
Productive workplace with ping pong table
Material Worker (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 30, 2012
Pros: security is great and work days are fast.
Cons: management is horrible, people you work with are horrible, break times are horrible.
Work days and job duties are relatively easy. The environment is clean but the co-workers and management are horrible. Learned a majority of different abilities.
Good Strong Company
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee), Portland OregonOctober 24, 2012
Pros: financially strong
Cons: bloated
Recognizes leaders who perform and holds the people accountable to suceed
Leader in office solutions
Major Account Manager (Former Employee), Iselin, NJSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: leader in the office solution market
Cons: difficult pay stucture
As an account manager I learned how to solve costomer problems utilizing office workflow solutions.
Experience of working for a manufacturer, was a wonderful opportunity.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Hampton, VASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: working from home
Cons: communication in a large organization
I worked from my home office, I was at my desk at 7:30 am to answer emails, complete paperwork, produce proposals. I was out the door by 9:00 on appointments or cold calls. My experience working for Ricoh, taught me to focus on the territory and to manage a large territory for a manufacturer. My Sale Manager was located in
Virginia and provided the – more... support to focus on large sales. I had very little interaction with co-workers, as I worked out of my home in another state. We did have weekly sales meetings. The biggest challenge I faced was coordinating large installs with the company, to make sure all product was delivered together. I enjoy the interaction with prospects and customers to meet their needs, not just sell something. – less
productive and fun place
warehouse (Former Employee), Tustin, CAAugust 2, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I learn enough for my career good company good place friendly
Great company to work for
Account Executive (Former Employee), Fairfield, NJJuly 16, 2012
Pros: well known brand
Cons: compensation
outside sales B TO B
very intense training course
management was hands on, they gave you the tools to suceed
Medical Healthcare Sales Professional
Prime Time Medical (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2012
Pros: helping make a different in peoples lives
Cons: more stability
Call on ALF, SNF, Hospitals, Rehab Centers to help diagnoise proper equipment to help patients quality of life.

Ricoh Corporation Photos