Ricoh Corporation

Ricoh Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Beautiful environment to work in.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: there was room for growth with this company
Cons: none.
A typical day at Ricoh Electronics consist of monitoring the operation of machinery,checking for the quality of material and keeping records. I coexist with management and co-workers really well. no part of this job was hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience for example, earning my forklift truck certification and – more... other benefits. – less
Casual environment with great people.
Sr. Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Caldwell, NJOctober 1, 2013
Pros: excellent parking
Cons: downsizing in many areas
A company with a very "team driven" missions.

Easy to work with management

Coworkers are like family
Good place
Senior IT Business Analyst (Current Employee), West Caldwell, NJSeptember 26, 2013
Good place to work.
Good team.
Multiple locations.
Implemented ERP system
A lot of teleconferences
Awesome
Account Executive Corporate Sales (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: work schedule flexible
Cons: stand ups
Awesome place to work for excellent people and benefits... People were nice a d it was fun to come and go at the office
Excelllent place to work
Slitter/Coating Operator (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 21, 2013
Excellent company; good supervisors; good co-workers; required little or no supervision
A diversified work schedule
Associate Vendor Billing (Current Employee), Glastonbury, CtAugust 18, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: working overtime alot.
I did a commissions payroll where sales people worked and earned a commission. I did payroll through ADP and processed at a salary rate. I balanced the company's taxes, I did accounts payable and receivable. I also worked with processing orders, billing.
In order to succeed at any job you must be a team player so that new efficient ideas will come.
I – more... get along with all of my co workers as we must be able to communicate new ideas to one another and help with each others workload.
There was no hard part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job was to accomplish a days work and know it was done correctly as well as efficiently. – less
Ricoh Positions
Senior Aftermarket Representative (Former Employee), Greater Philadelphia AreaJuly 31, 2013
Senior Aftermarket Representative 2004-2011 Provided customer service by processing orders for consumable supplies. Resolved all supply related inquiries within geographic territory. Contacted customer base to offer competitive pricing on consumable programs. High volume call center. Interrelated with management, sales, administration – both internal – more... and external contacts.
Dispatch Supervisor 1998-2004 Directed and monitored staff in the service dispatch department. Provided and monitored customer service procedures as mandated by corporation. Scheduled service technicians and maintained customer and service call databases. Provided administrative support for key personnel. Provided elevated customer support for primary customers. Maintained administrative process for service billing, employee attendance, and selected confidential human resource material. – less
I loved it when I started last couple of years just went down hill.
Sr. Order Processor (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJJuly 8, 2013
Pros: we would get free massages a few times a year, free lunches, and treats once a month.
Cons: i guess having a boss that favored men over the women and not feeling vauled.
Come in do your job, answer email within 24 hours, orderes needed to be in the system withing 48 hours. Must make sure pricing is correct along with finance rates. In learned that I can work under stress, management seem to only think about numbers and sometimes that not always correct. I for the most part enjoyed working with my co workers and i miss – more... them. The harderst part of my job was when my boss would just stress about the little things and take it out on the employees.Knowing that I did my my job to the best of my ability.. – less
Service Ricoh copiers/printers and fax units
Field Service Representative, Blue Bell (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJJuly 8, 2013
repair customers equipment. Maintain correct car inventory. Respond quickly and professionally to our customers needs.
Don't even think about it.
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 25, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: excessive overtime, safety not a big concern.
You would be impressed during your tour at the interview. Clean plant with many banners about 5S, Kaizan, and safety. You will find that it is just for show. They don't truly understand what 5S means. They just clean alot. Kaizan, I don't know of any events, though there should be. Safety is always after someone gets hurt. They have too many temporary – more... workers, telling them if they work hard, they will be made permanent. Maybe after two or three years. If you do get hired and you are a bad employee, they won't ever fire you. They will just make your coworkers pick up the slack. – less
Production and Quick Knowledge will overwhelm you
Print Support Supervisor (Current Employee), IllinoisJune 21, 2013
Pros: educational
Cons: erratic decisions, demanding expectations
Though there is support there are missing pieces that never come together because everybody is just too busy. Business training should be exchanged for technical training.
Productive and nice place to work
Planner Scheduler, Production Planning. (Former Employee), Tustin, CAJune 7, 2013
Pros: nice christmas party
A lot of nice people to work with.
Great place to learn the manufacture field.
My favorite job...
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Sparks, NVJune 7, 2013
Pros: great employees.
Cons: time away from children.
I enjoyed going to work everyday. I started out as an Accounting Supervisor and continued to grow and learn how to help the Controller daily! The hardest part of the my day is knowing I had 2 babies at home with a babysitter. There was a high demand for efficiency and time crunches on financials and reports.
Strong stable company with an excellent record in research and development
Onsite Dedicated Ricoh Technician (Current Employee), HoustonMay 16, 2013
Pros: quarterly bonuses
Cons: healthcare expenses
Over the past eight years, Ricoh has proven to be a very stable company admid economic instability. Ricoh has made great strides in the technology sector with award wining advancements.
Nice play to work.
Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer III (Former Employee), Tustin, CAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: incentivized mid year reviews.
Cons: not much room to grow.
I enjoyed my time working for Ricoh Electronics, Inc. in Tustin, CA. They're a good group of folks and looking back, it's one of the better jobs I've had.
Excellent Corporation with aggressive strategies for the print market
Director, Print on Demand Software & Solutions (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJMarch 25, 2013
Pros: autonomy to strategize and plan a new software suite for the ricoh production print engines.
Cons: language barriers and multiple corporate aquisitions.
This was a virtual office position that required about 75% travel - both Domestic and International. It provided an opportunity to build a software development / management team to build software products for the production print industry from the ground up.
My first experience was good, my second couldn’t of gone any worse
Site Manager (Former Employee), CtMarch 18, 2013
Cons: to many to list
IAM’s and upper management are inconsistent, untrustworthy and liars they play the system to make themselves look better at any cost they will throw any employee under the bus to save their own lazy butts. Ricoh/IKON has gotten so far away from customer service, it’s all about the all mighty dollar now and it’s only going to be a matter of time before – more... their clients start to see it. – less
Liked the independence of being able to go from job site to job site
Service Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2013
Pros: on the road driving from job to job
Cons: some management and co-workers were not good support if you need it!
Had its moments; good to be out and about repairing machines; difficult sometimes to do and even harder if you don't have any co-workers to give you a helping hand! a few were ok, but majority, for the birds! Makes for a bad work environment knowing you don't have good back up when you need it most.
A Company without direction, values
Manager-IT Sales and Service (Former Employee), Kansas City areaFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: the fact that i'm not there
Cons: way too numerous to mention.
Spent enough time there to realize that leaving the position I was in to do so was a major mistake. Unfortunately, there is absolutely no direction within the organization. My old position was "reinvented" four times in a two year period and is now nothing like what I hired in as.

This is a company that has lost its direction, focus, values and the – more... like as they have continued to acquire companies over the years. Too much growth by take over and not enough organically.

Senior management from the area director on up through regional and to national, all too concerned about their bonuses. It's how do we screw the staff AND the customer in order to get our bonus checks.

While I was there, turnover was extremely high, morale quite low. Managers making other managers angry over stolen accounts. Managers making their staff irritated to the point of leaving because they were wanting more even though that particualr staff member was exceeding objectives. Screwing people on pay. Lying to staff about margins to a point where they earned no commissions.

I was always the target because I treated my team quite differently. When I left, they followed behind me.

If you are looking for a position and you're looking at this company, continue your search. What it will do to you is not worth the sleepless nights, the stress nor anything associated. – less
Typical Day
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: excellent product & service. can generally come and go as i please.
Cons: decreased pay plan per unit i sell.
Setting appointments, cold calling, meeting with customer to present and close business.

Ricoh Corporation Photos