Ricoh Canada Employee Reviews

Awesome Place to Work
Senior Digital Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 1, 2015
It's great to work at a company that firmly believes in making money by maximizing value for the customer. What's even better is that Ricoh's value is helping people find work, and the customer is every job seeker in the entire world. I feel that our work helps people.

Ricoh moves fast but doesn't fall prey to the latest fads. Decisions are made based on data and actual business impact, not ego or hype. If you're looking for a company that adopts technologies and strategies just because they're the new hotness, look elsewhere.

Ricoh does more with less. Simplicity and focus drive the business. It shows in Ricoh's growth strategy (no huge investments or splashy product launches) and product philosophy (be simple and effective while staying out of the user's way).

All my colleagues are very self-motivated. You never see any mass exodus at 5:00PM. People come to work when they want and leave when they want, and upper-management doesn't care. Everyone knows what is necessary to get things done.

I can't imagine a better place to work as long as you are more interested in meaningful, challenging, exciting work than pure compensation.
my review
Dispatch/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 26, 2015
Ricoh is a great place to work at.
The commute is getting harder for me especially in the winter

Working in dispatch was great , great manager , always lifted spirits .
Working in A/R depends on Manager I havent felt that way however the job itself is very rewarding
Pros
enviormentally friendly
Cons
training not up to standards
not micro managed- have to be extremely driven and money hungry
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2015
different types of management. Mine did not micro manage. This has it's pro's and con's.

Individuals must be extremely driven and money hungry as base pay is very low.

Individuals are not compensated for cars- parking, gas etc.
Pros
not micro management, very independent
Cons
paid monthly, not compensated for, low base pay
Very good first job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 5, 2015
I started as an Account Manager at Ricoh. Unfortunately, Sales was just not for me, but it is a great place to start your career in business, and even better if you like sales. The management and training are top notch, and will prepare you for a very solid career.
Pros
Lots of freedom, Very helpful managers
Cons
Very little direction or oversight
If you like to drive around a lot and meet people, you may like this job.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 23, 2015
This job involved a lot of driving, and I mean a lot. I was put in charge of a 700KM service area in Northern BC. This covered Houston, BC, all the way to Telegraph Creek, BC.

RICOH provides very good training for all employees, and will assist you if you find concepts and terminology hard to understand. There is a lot of theory behind their training, and not so much with hands-on learning. After being in the PC industry for many years, I had no issues going from business to business repairing various models of RICOH MFP's.

There were a few pitfalls with this company. Being pulled out of my service area on a constant basis to assist technicians that were falling behind in service calls. This was either due to lack of preventative maintenance, or the area was too big to handle for one technician. The quality of MFP's demised over the years, which lead to more service calls for the newer models. RICOH was aware of various design defects, and would fix them at their leisure.

Another pitfall was the lack of compensation for the wear and tear on a vehicle. The amount did not cover oil changes, flat repairs, new tires, and interior cleaning due to toner accidents. Had the compensation be better, I would have continued with this company. If you have a small vehicle, and are working in a big city, this isn't so much an issue.
Pros
Great training, annual performance reviews
Cons
Company doesn't pay what people are worth
productive and customer oriented environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work will result in taking on average 100 incoming calls, and most of those would be of planning and dispatching of a technician to customer office. Will would have the help of our managers and co-workers when needed. The hardest part of the job would be having an unsatisfied customer of our services on the phone. and the most enjoyable would be solving a customer problem and knowing that they left the line happy with the resolution I would have provided them.
Pros
free coffee
I would just simply say: "Avoid this company"
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 7, 2015
Like any Fortune-500 company, you have to decide if being treated like a number and a source of corporate income is something you can live with.

In the beginning, you'll be constantly travelling for training purposes. if Ricoh could cut costs and attempt to cross-train every single technician on all hardware types, they would.

Yes, you are a revenue stream for the company. You'll usually end up as the the key ingredient for a salesperson.

Cost-cutting is Ricoh's biggest accomplishment. Each time a new model comes out, you find more metallic parts being replaced with plastic parts. You'll spend more time tending to service calls on newer equipment versus the older equipment.

If you get stuck in a service area that still has older IKON Canon copiers, expect to deal with a lot of frustration. There are no training courses for this equipment, and as older technicians retire, it becomes increasingly difficult to repair these machines. Management has no response to this other then to say "Suck it up, buttercup."

So yes, if you want to gain experience in this industry, look at Canon instead.
Pros
Paid benefits, routine travel, see places that you have never been to before.
Cons
Vehicle allowance does not pay for a lot of things, constantly being pulled out of service territory to assist overwhelmed techicians.
Good place to work with some nice perks
Assistant Site Supervisor at Gore Mutual (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OnMarch 12, 2015
Learned a lot about insurance, great place to work with lots of cool perks, good benefits. Fellow co workers are all friendly with lots of great personalities.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
I worked for Ikon/Ricoh for 8 1/2 years
Call Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2015
It was very dissapointing that Ricoh made the decision to close the call centers in both Edmonton and Toronto and moved the centres down to the US. I enjoyed my work and was reasonable well paid with great benefits.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
job has gone to the us
great corporate cive
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 17, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Ricoh Canada I learnt quite a few
things about the printer business that I wasn't aware of before from start to finnish I gained valuable insights on supply chain fulfillment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lunches were not paid
enjoyed my co-workers
Mail and Courier / Reprographics / Reception (Former Employee) –  calgary, ABOctober 16, 2014
There was usually always something to do throughout the day. I learned all the possible roles in this company that I could. The management wasn't very good. Our team was constantly micro managed, and made it very difficult to get the tasks on hand to be accomplished in a timely manner. I worked very well with my co-workers. we always worked as best as we could in a team. The hardest part of my job was to work with a manager that wouldn't let us do our jobs properly. The most enjoyable part of this job was my team, and associating one on one with the clients.
Challenging working environment
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2014
It is a excellent place for someone to start his/her sales career.
Productive and fun workplace
IT Support Analyst (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 7, 2014
Productive and fun workplace. Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects of Ricoh Canada’s voice and data networks. This position interfaces with telcos and internal departments to troubleshoot, investigate possible solutions and follow up to ensure problem resolution. Remote desktop maintenance. IT asset maintenance. Work with Dell dispatch and close work orders
Customer-service driven, professional environment
On-Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2014
8 hours days, not including lunch. If you have a long commute to get to/from work, it's hard to fit anything else into your day.

Procedure to take days off isn't ideal for a 20-something-year-old, considering you have to allocate the entirety of your vacation days at the beginning of each year.

Good people. Administration is good about staying in contact with the different sites across the country.

Due to the fact that you're stationed at another office there may be some segregation by some of the employees of the client-company.

Good company get experience.
Pros
+good people
Cons
long hours, vacation days are first-come, first-served
stressful environment, unprofessional supervisors, long hours, lack of consideration for employees
shipper (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 8, 2013
Learned about picking, checking, packing and shipping the customers' orders. Also about how to deal directly with the customers, how to listen to their comments and complains and to solve them considering both the customers' interests and the company's values.
All the co-workers were appalled not lose their jobs, the atmosphere was oppressive and the supervisors took the advantage of desperate workers to have a job.
The hardest part of the job was at the and of the working day when we had to work under pressure to finish to ship all the orders for that day.
Cons
long hours, to much overtime, (often from 7am to 7 pm, so 12 hours a day), poor salary.
No need to take your work home with you low stress
Bilingual Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 1, 2013
constant calls, no down time. great customers not a lot of conflict.
Pros
hours are great
Cons
minimal breaks
Internship
Help Desk Technician(Internship) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2013
Internship experience
First IT related job
Got much to learn
Was a worthwhile experience
Worked there for 28 years,laid off due to company leaving area
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSJanuary 24, 2013
Servicedoffice equipment all over Cape Breton. Managed territory and inventory,
Preformed equipment install,instruction and network connection on Ricoh and Canon products.
Enjoyed meeting and working with my customers whom I built a relationship with over the last 28 years.
High Energy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2012
Each day is fast paced. High volume of client's needs.
learned a lot of legal field
Managed 9 employees. Worked with a great team.
The challenging part of the job is dealing with multiple personalities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting rewarded for a job well done.
Pros
friendly staff
A very reputable organization
GTA Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ONOctober 28, 2012
In Ricoh Canada Inc. I have gaine a lot of valuable expsrience that will currently enable me to explore and approach other challenging opportnities in the market to match my experience with an available job opening.
Pros
well established company
Cons
there is no career advancement