Ricoh Americas Corporation

Ricoh Americas Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
OK company
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Seaford, DESeptember 5, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: management
Loved my job but with Management in another state it was hard to have one on one contact to achieve total customer satisfaction
Enjoyed the work environment prior to recent merger
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJAugust 25, 2013
Pros: keep you up to date on training for procedures and computer updates
Cons: excessive relocation and restructioning of staff in and out of building
The company had a number of mergers during my employment. The changes made it difficult to resolve issues that were outstanding. They had begun to focus on processes that were more efficient.
Great depending on which dept you work in
Account Manager (Current Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: great pay, flexible schedules, meals on sight at certain locations
Cons: constantly changing processes, integrity of data a mess, poor leadership
Great Pay for Team Leads, Supervisors, and up. However, with all the system upgrades, the integrity of the data is a mess. There has been a recent high turnover in management and staff due to unbearable stress. PEOPLE ARE QUITTING LEFT AND RIGHT. Some of the managers are nasty,show favoritism, and are totally incompetent! Makes you wonder how they even – more... became managers when many of them don't have the ability to manage or lead. Processes are continually changing making it hard to keep up with what you're actually suppose to do to get your job done! Some days I find myself going in circles... with impending deadlines! HR is usually unhelpful. The only thing keeping me there is the money. I'm actively seeking employment elsewhere with comparable pay. May have to just accept less money to get out of there... too stressful. – less
Always trainging for new ways to improve on job skills
Sr. Associate, Credit and Collections (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJAugust 9, 2013
On a daily basis check for reminders of customers who needed to be contacted on bills/invoices due or/and past due.
Research any discrepancies of what was billed.
If credits needed to be issued I would write up the credit and submit it to the correct department.
Research on monies left on account if needed to be applied or/and refunded back to customer – more... for overpayment.
If refund needed to be done I would write up the proper paperwork and submit to correct managers for approval and department for refund to be issued.
Worked very close with the billing department on billing discrepancies. – less
Getting orders out at any cost.
Sr. Order Processor (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJAugust 8, 2013
Pros: a free lunch every now and then
Cons: stressful
getting your work done was far and foremost the most important thing.
Productive and fun place to work!
Account Executive (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2013
I work on account management and try to grow my customer base.
Account Executive
Account Executive (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2013
Ricoh was much better prior to the acquisition of IKON. Post-acquisition, the management has suffered terribly.
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Field Support Representative (Current Employee), norcross, gaJuly 28, 2013
Work consist of recording daily data. Entering Information and providing the up-most customer service to our clients. I learned to meter, copy, distribute mail. I also learned to do reports identify errors and troubleshoot equipment shut as copiers, printers, ect. Co-workers are a pleasure as we work as a team to get the clients needs met at a timely – more... matter. The hardest part of the is moving up in the company. I like to let my work speak for itself. I enjoy meeting different people and showing off my customer service skills – less
copier service is hard but rewarding
Senior Technican (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2013
great job
great people
great time
the joy of the job is knowing you have done a job you
can be proud of and at the end of the day your machines
and your customers are happy
Keeping up with the times
Team Lead (Current Employee), TexasJune 26, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: industry is changing
In attempt to keep up with the times, Ricoh is changing their offered services, which has caused a lot of layoffs in some areas and job growth in others.
Productive and growth-oriented
Field Services Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2013
Ricoh is a great company to work for. I am a part of the Field Support Team and I encounter some of the best and brightest people that one can ever hope to work with. On a daily basis I meet challenges and exceed expectations, not only because of my abilities, but because I have a strong team backing me. The support that I receive from management is – more... second-to-none. I enjoy what I do mainly because I have no choice but to excel and to be the very best version of myself. – less
Ricoh was a growing industry leader. Since all of the restructuring following my departure, I know they have cut their employment base quite a bit.
Senior Major Account Sales Sales Manager (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJMay 23, 2013
Pros: at the time, ricoh was a growing company and great to work for.
Cons: no cons
I traveled 23 Western States with Ricoh - Good Company to work for. I left as I was recruited by Konica Minolta to perform a role that I found to be challenging and rewarding.
Workload does not match financial compensation
Print Services Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 16, 2013
Ricoh is an international corporation that has two sides to it's profit endeavors. On one side there is the manufacturing and sales of copier/printer/fax devices. On the other side, services are offered to other corporations such as: mail room, reception, shipping & receiving, and copy center work.
Rapidly evolving workplace with lot's of opportunities to grow.
Region/District Manager, MDS Technical Operations (Former Employee), Malvern, PAApril 23, 2013
Pros: lot's of opportunity to grow
Cons: rapid organizational change
A typical day is filled with managing critical business transactions to support the growth of the managed services business mixed with opportunities for improvement in the deployment and implementation. I learned that knowing how to shift gears quickly in this a fast-paced environment is not nearly enough to affect the overall business outcome. There – more... is just too much change going on. My co-workers seem to think the same way even though we all know that rapid-change is needed to catch up with our industry. The hardest part of the job from my perspective is the internal politics due to the merge of several cultures as Ricoh acquired several companies in the nine years I have worked there. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to affect positive change toward the company's positive direction and being able to develop people to prepare them for the changes to come. – less
Productive, fast pace, fun to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), 820 Gears Rd. Houston, TX 77067March 29, 2013
Pros: great recognition from customers, free breakfast & lunches form happy customers & working with great co-workers.
Cons: when copiers broke down and delaying on time jobs.
Fast pace environment, deadlines had to be met, running high production copiers, black & white copiers and color copiers, working with computers using Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, using graphic design programs like: Adobe Acrobat, InDesign CS5, Photoshop CS5 & QuiteImposing.
Learned how to use the graphic design programs, work with people
Was – more... a Site Supervisor, delegating assignments to co-workers, work flow.
Calming disgruntle customers and finding a solution that everyone was happy with.
Working with graphic design programs, working with great co-workers and dealing with customers. – less
Stressful environment. Low employee morale.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMarch 14, 2013
Pros: benefits. not confined to the office.
Cons: total compensation package which includes base salary, car allowance and commissions.
Stressful environment. Low employee morale. Order process timeframe is long. Horrible order entry process. Stiff competition.
HORRIBLE
Customer Service (Former Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: good pay, flexible work schedules, company reimburses college classes based on grades received for each class, sales reps would buy free lunches at times
Cons: lots of overtime, overloaded with work, stressful, micromanagement, too many levels of mgmt for employees to report to, processes change constantly
1) After brainstorming new procedures, do a trial run with one team from all fields that will be affected by new procedures. And run the process from beginning all the way to the billing cycle. This will catch any flaws with the new process before it goes to the entire company.
2) Send updates only to the team members that they affect. Sending changes – more... for only portions of several procedures is extremely confusing to all departments and employees spend time reading process updates that do not pertain to them.
3) Not all #s are not being reported to corporate. As it was in our dept, the main thing that was tracked were the order #s. A majority of the requests we received were for issue resolution. Most of which, were caused by the previous team that handled our accounts before we were assigned them. Oracle has SR system to track requests, but inaccurate view of #s because the issues we received came from the Sales Support teams that did not have access to log the requests. Assign all Reps and Sales Support employees access to SR system to get more accurate picture of issues each team works. – less
Sr. On-Site Service Specialist
Sr. On-Site Service Specialist (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: we get most of the federal holidays--because i work at a site that services a local university
I got this job back in 2010 after I had been laid-off for about a year-and-a-half. I am very grateful for this job because I really had no idea what I was going to do next if I could not find a position somewhere.

Initially, I was excited about the job and I learned a lot of new skills that I had not know before. I had never working in the printing/copying – more... business before. I actually think that I would like to own a business of my own in this field.

I did not like the fact that out current IAM (Integrated Accounts Manager) told me that we would have all of this training and come to find out--there was no training provided at all. My co-workers and I had to just figure out what we were supposed to be doing as we went. We had no idea how to use the equipment, we literally "winged it" for the first six months.

My co-workers are a pretty good team to work with, but there are a few that are content with their positions and they do not like to work as a team should. As far as management goes, we have been under the supervision of 3 managers in almost three years. In my opinion, that is considered a high turnover rate.

There really is not a "hard" part of the job. The only thing that makes it a little difficult is that fact that there are some co-workers that are not trained on everything and I end up having to take on most of the work load.

Enjoyable, once we finish most of the work--the day slows down so we can catch a breather. – less
always changes
Senior On-Site Support Specialist (Current Employee), Bath, NYFebruary 15, 2013
I really dont have much to say other than its not a bad company to work for except not a very employee first company in the MDS enviroment
Great company with good job experience
FIELD SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2013
Working at Ricoh has taught me alot of lessons about the importance of working as a team to achieve a common goal. Management is usually pretty good at identifying the needs of their employees.

Ricoh Americas Corporation Photos