Ricoh Americas Corporation

Ricoh Americas Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good experience
Production Print Solutions Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2013
lots of travel, but rewarding experience. Learned about new workflows and new digital technology.
Ricoh is a good company to work for
Region Vice President (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: large company with good career options
Cons: constant restructuring.
After a 16 year career with Ricoh, I can honestly state that the company offered up many opportunities if the employee so chooses to avail himself of them. It is imperative that everyone become a change agent. Ricoh employees are no exceptions. Restructurings and reorganizations were the order of the day at Ricoh. This is both a blessing and a curse.

Bottom – more... line; good company to work for. Many great people (including many managers) work for Ricoh. Ricoh is always on the cutting edge of the industry. – less
Stuck in a position/department wanting to leave
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Malvern, PAOctober 24, 2013
Pros: benifets, vacation
Cons: no advancement and poor, slow and small company minded it. uneaqual policy implimentation.
There is no real advancement in the company. I have been in the same group for 9 years looking from time to time for other roles but I don't see real opportunity. Good benefits, 401k matching, only $3,300 a year for tuition reimbursement (Never changed in 9 years even thought college is twice as much now. Something is better than nothing)). Poor IT – more... practices that make me cringe. For such a large company IT behave like amateurs at best. Waiting years for changes. Frustrating if you are looking to accomplish anything. Management works from home everyday but against working form home for all employees unless you were grandfathered into that policy. Some team member work form home everyday and others are looked down on for working from home once a week. Coworker quit and I inherited their work. Hired new person who does not do the same coding so stuck with more work permanently. – less
Pricing Analyst:
Financial Analyst - Contracts & Pricing (Current Employee), West Caldwell, NJOctober 2, 2013
Pros: working on different rypes of requests.
Cons: some of my daily tasks are repetitive.
1. Performing margin analysis to make sure sure we are pricing competitively while adhering to contractual agreements with our clients, reviewing contracts for renewal, adhoc requests from sales team, updating clients price books.

2. Learned advance MS Excel skills necessary to perform the job and team work and collaboration with different departments – more... within the organization.

3. My coworkers work collectively with team spirit to fulfil our clients contracted pricing needs.

4. The hardest part of my job is negotiating pricing with customers who want me to price our product in a non-proftable way. While we would like to keep all our clients we cant afford to price our products at negative profits level.

Most enjoyable part of my job is working in excel and learning Excel functions. – less
Positive Work Environment- Below Average Pay - Low GM
Major Account Executive (Current Employee), Alexandria, laSeptember 10, 2013
Outside sales, cold calling, account management, reporting, consultative selling approach of software solutions and hardware
OK company
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Seaford, DESeptember 5, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: management
Loved my job but with Management in another state it was hard to have one on one contact to achieve total customer satisfaction
Enjoyed the work environment prior to recent merger
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJAugust 25, 2013
Pros: keep you up to date on training for procedures and computer updates
Cons: excessive relocation and restructioning of staff in and out of building
The company had a number of mergers during my employment. The changes made it difficult to resolve issues that were outstanding. They had begun to focus on processes that were more efficient.
Great depending on which dept you work in
Account Manager (Current Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: great pay, flexible schedules, meals on sight at certain locations
Cons: constantly changing processes, integrity of data a mess, poor leadership
Great Pay for Team Leads, Supervisors, and up. However, with all the system upgrades, the integrity of the data is a mess. There has been a recent high turnover in management and staff due to unbearable stress. PEOPLE ARE QUITTING LEFT AND RIGHT. Some of the managers are nasty,show favoritism, and are totally incompetent! Makes you wonder how they even – more... became managers when many of them don't have the ability to manage or lead. Processes are continually changing making it hard to keep up with what you're actually suppose to do to get your job done! Some days I find myself going in circles... with impending deadlines! HR is usually unhelpful. The only thing keeping me there is the money. I'm actively seeking employment elsewhere with comparable pay. May have to just accept less money to get out of there... too stressful. – less
Always trainging for new ways to improve on job skills
Sr. Associate, Credit and Collections (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJAugust 9, 2013
On a daily basis check for reminders of customers who needed to be contacted on bills/invoices due or/and past due.
Research any discrepancies of what was billed.
If credits needed to be issued I would write up the credit and submit it to the correct department.
Research on monies left on account if needed to be applied or/and refunded back to customer – more... for overpayment.
If refund needed to be done I would write up the proper paperwork and submit to correct managers for approval and department for refund to be issued.
Worked very close with the billing department on billing discrepancies. – less
Getting orders out at any cost.
Sr. Order Processor (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJAugust 8, 2013
Pros: a free lunch every now and then
Cons: stressful
getting your work done was far and foremost the most important thing.
Productive and fun place to work!
Account Executive (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2013
I work on account management and try to grow my customer base.
Account Executive
Account Executive (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2013
Ricoh was much better prior to the acquisition of IKON. Post-acquisition, the management has suffered terribly.
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Field Support Representative (Current Employee), norcross, gaJuly 28, 2013
Work consist of recording daily data. Entering Information and providing the up-most customer service to our clients. I learned to meter, copy, distribute mail. I also learned to do reports identify errors and troubleshoot equipment shut as copiers, printers, ect. Co-workers are a pleasure as we work as a team to get the clients needs met at a timely – more... matter. The hardest part of the is moving up in the company. I like to let my work speak for itself. I enjoy meeting different people and showing off my customer service skills – less
copier service is hard but rewarding
Senior Technican (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2013
great job
great people
great time
the joy of the job is knowing you have done a job you
can be proud of and at the end of the day your machines
and your customers are happy
Keeping up with the times
Team Lead (Current Employee), TexasJune 26, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: industry is changing
In attempt to keep up with the times, Ricoh is changing their offered services, which has caused a lot of layoffs in some areas and job growth in others.
Productive and growth-oriented
Field Services Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2013
Ricoh is a great company to work for. I am a part of the Field Support Team and I encounter some of the best and brightest people that one can ever hope to work with. On a daily basis I meet challenges and exceed expectations, not only because of my abilities, but because I have a strong team backing me. The support that I receive from management is – more... second-to-none. I enjoy what I do mainly because I have no choice but to excel and to be the very best version of myself. – less
Ricoh was a growing industry leader. Since all of the restructuring following my departure, I know they have cut their employment base quite a bit.
Senior Major Account Sales Sales Manager (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJMay 23, 2013
Pros: at the time, ricoh was a growing company and great to work for.
Cons: no cons
I traveled 23 Western States with Ricoh - Good Company to work for. I left as I was recruited by Konica Minolta to perform a role that I found to be challenging and rewarding.
Workload does not match financial compensation
Print Services Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 16, 2013
Ricoh is an international corporation that has two sides to it's profit endeavors. On one side there is the manufacturing and sales of copier/printer/fax devices. On the other side, services are offered to other corporations such as: mail room, reception, shipping & receiving, and copy center work.
Rapidly evolving workplace with lot's of opportunities to grow.
Region/District Manager, MDS Technical Operations (Former Employee), Malvern, PAApril 23, 2013
Pros: lot's of opportunity to grow
Cons: rapid organizational change
A typical day is filled with managing critical business transactions to support the growth of the managed services business mixed with opportunities for improvement in the deployment and implementation. I learned that knowing how to shift gears quickly in this a fast-paced environment is not nearly enough to affect the overall business outcome. There – more... is just too much change going on. My co-workers seem to think the same way even though we all know that rapid-change is needed to catch up with our industry. The hardest part of the job from my perspective is the internal politics due to the merge of several cultures as Ricoh acquired several companies in the nine years I have worked there. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to affect positive change toward the company's positive direction and being able to develop people to prepare them for the changes to come. – less
Productive, fast pace, fun to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), 820 Gears Rd. Houston, TX 77067March 29, 2013
Pros: great recognition from customers, free breakfast & lunches form happy customers & working with great co-workers.
Cons: when copiers broke down and delaying on time jobs.
Fast pace environment, deadlines had to be met, running high production copiers, black & white copiers and color copiers, working with computers using Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, using graphic design programs like: Adobe Acrobat, InDesign CS5, Photoshop CS5 & QuiteImposing.
Learned how to use the graphic design programs, work with people
Was – more... a Site Supervisor, delegating assignments to co-workers, work flow.
Calming disgruntle customers and finding a solution that everyone was happy with.
Working with graphic design programs, working with great co-workers and dealing with customers. – less

Ricoh Americas Corporation Photos