Ricoh Americas Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sr. On-Site Service Specialist
Sr. On-Site Service Specialist (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: we get most of the federal holidays--because i work at a site that services a local university
I got this job back in 2010 after I had been laid-off for about a year-and-a-half. I am very grateful for this job because I really had no idea what I was going to do next if I could not find a position somewhere.

Initially, I was excited about the job and I learned a lot of new skills that I had not know before. I had never working in the printing/copying business before. I actually think that I would like to own a business of my own in this field.

I did not like the fact that out current IAM (Integrated Accounts Manager) told me that we would have all of this training and come to find out--there was no training provided at all. My co-workers and I had to just figure out what we were supposed to be doing as we went. We had no idea how to use the equipment, we literally "winged it" for the first six months.

My co-workers are a pretty good team to work with, but there are a few that are content with their positions and they do not like to work as a team should. As far as management goes, we have been under the supervision of 3 managers in almost three years. In my opinion, that is considered a high turnover rate.

There really is not a "hard" part of the job. The only thing that makes it a little difficult is that fact that there are some co-workers that are not trained on everything and I end up having to take on most of the work load.

Enjoyable, once we finish most of the work--the day slows down so we can catch a breather.
HORRIBLE
Customer Service (Former Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: good pay, flexible work schedules, company reimburses college classes based on grades received for each class, sales reps would buy free lunches at times
Cons: lots of overtime, overloaded with work, stressful, micromanagement, too many levels of mgmt for employees to report to, processes change constantly
1) After brainstorming new procedures, do a trial run with one team from all fields that will be affected by new procedures. And run the process from beginning all the way to the billing cycle. This will catch any flaws with the new process before it goes to the entire company.
2) Send updates only to the team members that they affect. Sending changes for only portions of several procedures is extremely confusing to all departments and employees spend time reading process updates that do not pertain to them.
3) Not all #s are not being reported to corporate. As it was in our dept, the main thing that was tracked were the order #s. A majority of the requests we received were for issue resolution. Most of which, were caused by the previous team that handled our accounts before we were assigned them. Oracle has SR system to track requests, but inaccurate view of #s because the issues we received came from the Sales Support teams that did not have access to log the requests. Assign all Reps and Sales Support employees access to SR system to get more accurate picture of issues each team works.
Company completely dysfunctional
Area Manager/IT Services (Former Employee), Central USMay 8, 2012
Pros: there are none
Cons: too numerous to mention
Glenn Beck's book sums up the life and experience of working at Ricoh USA...it's simply "arguing with idiots". There is no set set of standards to work within. It's simply management by the seat of the pants and corporate is no better than the areas. No one is on the same page when it comes to how things are to be accomplished. Corporate mandates have made it next to impossible to run a project through the system. What takes a matter of hours in other companies takes several weeks to accomplish at Ricoh, therefore frustrating not only the staff but the customers as well.

Ricoh's biggest issue is Ricoh itself, always putting processes in place to get in the way of what the ultimate goal is.

Compensation is not as advertised. AE's get the shaft by excedingly low pay...management, where I was, decent compensation, but comparison to other companies in the same industries, they don't pay that well. Nor does the comp package fit the stress levels that the company places on the employee.

I was recruited to take a managers position however, if I had know then what I knew when I left, I would never have sacrificed that part of my life to a company what simply is screwed up.
Great starting place.
Account Executive (Current Employee), New YorkMarch 30, 2015
Pros: opportunity for a lot of training
Cons: low salary
 Manage relationship with key clients by answering questions about services and contracts
 Provided first class customer service when solving clients’ accounts related issues
 Created monthly and quarterly sales forecast base on acquired new business opportunities
 Requested clients’ financial information and recorded it in the company database using Rforce
 Researched companies in different industries to identify new business opportunities
 Sold hardware and software solutions to clients in different market verticals
 Followed company’s policies and procedures while performing an array of duties
 Scheduled meeting, made phone calls, replied to daily inquires via email and over the phone
 Created proposals and Total Cost of Ownership Analysis to be presented to prospect clients
 Met with CEOs, CFOs, CITs and operation managers to discover opportunities and acquire new businesses
 Worked with the legal department to ensure contracts are accurate and address each clients’ concerns
 Managed documents and forms needed to execute new and old contracts following company policies
One of the most recognized name brands in the industry.
Philadelphia Marketplace Sales Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: good working enviroment, great product line
Cons: account reps struggles with new solutions based offerings, and how they fit into the customers applications
In the office in the morning and reviewing the day with my team of sales reps. Having the ability to strategize about the daily activities with face to face meetings with potential new business clients. Making sure that the sales rep is prepared to give a solid presentation to a potential client.
Going out on sales calls, and helping reps earn business. Reviewing the day with the sales reps on a "one on one basis"
Making sure that all information gets into the company database as it relates to the daily activities .The sales reps are responsible in maintain a clean account assignment. I am tasked the ability to motivate the sales team on a daily basis. As well as sharing success stories/collaboration with other managers. Most enjoyable is seeing the account reps have success in the business, and getting more confident in their abilities.
Like at Ricoh
District Business Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City home but covered 6 statesJune 18, 2015
Pros: Freedom to do the job
Cons: Management structure
Life at Ricoh was great for the first 14 years. Thru acquisitions, management changed 4 times from the President down in 6 years.

I worked for the indirect division calling on dealers selling our systems. It was the profitable part of our company. Upper management want it to run like the direct division, thing kept changing. We lost 72% of our indirect team in 5 years. Our market share went from #1 to #3 in 5 years. I was terminated and not replaced due to cutbacks.

It could have been awesome, but upper managements view and direction made things difficult for our dealers and employees.

They will survive and probably make up ground. In 19 years I wore many hats and had many different responsibilities. Most recently was responsible for about $25 mil in revenue per year. I would certain still be there if cut backs had not occurred.

I most enjoyed teaching, coaching and developing my dealers and their reps to be successful.

Hopefully your opportunity will be of this caliber.

Sincerely,

Bill MAune
Rapidly evolving workplace with lot's of opportunities to grow.
Region/District Manager, MDS Technical Operations (Former Employee), Malvern, PAApril 23, 2013
Pros: lot's of opportunity to grow
Cons: rapid organizational change
A typical day is filled with managing critical business transactions to support the growth of the managed services business mixed with opportunities for improvement in the deployment and implementation. I learned that knowing how to shift gears quickly in this a fast-paced environment is not nearly enough to affect the overall business outcome. There is just too much change going on. My co-workers seem to think the same way even though we all know that rapid-change is needed to catch up with our industry. The hardest part of the job from my perspective is the internal politics due to the merge of several cultures as Ricoh acquired several companies in the nine years I have worked there. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to affect positive change toward the company's positive direction and being able to develop people to prepare them for the changes to come.
Stuck in a position/department wanting to leave
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Malvern, PAOctober 24, 2013
Pros: benifets, vacation
Cons: no advancement and poor, slow and small company minded it. uneaqual policy implimentation.
There is no real advancement in the company. I have been in the same group for 9 years looking from time to time for other roles but I don't see real opportunity. Good benefits, 401k matching, only $3,300 a year for tuition reimbursement (Never changed in 9 years even thought college is twice as much now. Something is better than nothing)). Poor IT practices that make me cringe. For such a large company IT behave like amateurs at best. Waiting years for changes. Frustrating if you are looking to accomplish anything. Management works from home everyday but against working form home for all employees unless you were grandfathered into that policy. Some team member work form home everyday and others are looked down on for working from home once a week. Coworker quit and I inherited their work. Hired new person who does not do the same coding so stuck with more work permanently.
Great depending on which dept you work in
Account Manager (Current Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: great pay, flexible schedules, meals on sight at certain locations
Cons: constantly changing processes, integrity of data a mess, poor leadership
Great Pay for Team Leads, Supervisors, and up. However, with all the system upgrades, the integrity of the data is a mess. There has been a recent high turnover in management and staff due to unbearable stress. PEOPLE ARE QUITTING LEFT AND RIGHT. Some of the managers are nasty,show favoritism, and are totally incompetent! Makes you wonder how they even became managers when many of them don't have the ability to manage or lead. Processes are continually changing making it hard to keep up with what you're actually suppose to do to get your job done! Some days I find myself going in circles... with impending deadlines! HR is usually unhelpful. The only thing keeping me there is the money. I'm actively seeking employment elsewhere with comparable pay. May have to just accept less money to get out of there... too stressful.
Pricing Analyst:
Financial Analyst - Contracts & Pricing (Current Employee), West Caldwell, NJOctober 2, 2013
Pros: working on different rypes of requests.
Cons: some of my daily tasks are repetitive.
1. Performing margin analysis to make sure sure we are pricing competitively while adhering to contractual agreements with our clients, reviewing contracts for renewal, adhoc requests from sales team, updating clients price books.

2. Learned advance MS Excel skills necessary to perform the job and team work and collaboration with different departments within the organization.

3. My coworkers work collectively with team spirit to fulfil our clients contracted pricing needs.

4. The hardest part of my job is negotiating pricing with customers who want me to price our product in a non-proftable way. While we would like to keep all our clients we cant afford to price our products at negative profits level.

Most enjoyable part of my job is working in excel and learning Excel functions.
Excellent external customer relationships but need a better internal customer relationship. Happy workers make profitable corporation.
On-Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2014
Pros: excellent management training programs.
Cons: demands extremely long work days.
Manage day-to-day operations and staff. This position has high degree of customer interface.
Develop, implement and review related procedures as it relates to client Service Level Agreement to maintain and ensures that customer expectations are met.
Meet quality and deadline standards by the effective use of job scheduling practices, staffing and budgeting.
Ensure payroll accuracy by overseeing and correcting all time clock punches.
Ensure the quality of operation by assisting in the achievement of goals in Audit and Deadline compliance.
Maintain efficient workflow by holding direct reports accountable for quality and efficiency of their work.
Productive, fast pace, fun to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), 820 Gears Rd. Houston, TX 77067March 29, 2013
Pros: great recognition from customers, free breakfast & lunches form happy customers & working with great co-workers.
Cons: when copiers broke down and delaying on time jobs.
Fast pace environment, deadlines had to be met, running high production copiers, black & white copiers and color copiers, working with computers using Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, using graphic design programs like: Adobe Acrobat, InDesign CS5, Photoshop CS5 & QuiteImposing.
Learned how to use the graphic design programs, work with people
Was a Site Supervisor, delegating assignments to co-workers, work flow.
Calming disgruntle customers and finding a solution that everyone was happy with.
Working with graphic design programs, working with great co-workers and dealing with customers.
Busy high volume print production center
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2012
Pros: care free environment
Cons: not enough space some times for large jobs
each day is consistent with urgent last minute requests from state of georgia employees. Business cards, agendas for meetings, manuals for training etc. I have increased my endurance working in such a fast paced environment. Although working under pressure was never a concern for me, working here has made me even better more alert and detailed oriented. My coworkers are unique in their own way and the each possess a talent that makes that center operate smoothly. Sometimes the most challenging part of my job is not being able to meet every deadline due to equipment failures. But I do look foward to something new and different everyday.
Awesome
Advanced Product Support Specialist (Former Employee), Tucker, GAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: excellent pay, great management
Cons: time is micromanaged by the phone system.
The work environment was excellent at Ricoh. My manager was great and really did his best to keep people happy and productive. Reno Boyd cares about his employees and it shows in the strength of the team. I don't know much about working under other managers, but Reno in customer support was excellent. The only issues arose mainly from the merger of Ikon and Ricoh where a lot of Ikon employees were let go and many were disgruntled that came to Ricoh. Also, there were a lot of systems to learn and this became difficult for some. However, I received compensation that was very fair for the work I did there.
Enjoyable workplace which provided education and advancement.
Clerical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJJuly 24, 2014
Pros: company events throughout the year which allowed socializing.
Cons: long work week hours.
My daily routine was manageable and provided me with organizational and time management skills. Hardest part of
job was last minute changes in planned schedules, travel and
preparing time sensitive materials, meetings, etc.
I enjoyed co-workers and managers and got along, maintained
a positive working relationship.
I've learned over my professional years, tolerance, empathy for
others needs, quality customer service, handling of office equipment, multi tasking, prioritizing and organization.
Fast-paced and productive
Site Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2013
Typical day includes but not limited to sending/receiving emails on various services we perform and a large amount of customer relations. Working on various projects that pertain to services that my team perform daily or intermittently. I've learned that an open line of open communication is important for successful outcomes. The hardest part is admitting when errors occur and why, and being able to turn this negative experience into a positive. The best part of the job is seeing projects pulled off smoothly and the results are the expected outcome. And another enjoyable part is working on challenging projects with other departments.
Always trainging for new ways to improve on job skills
Sr. Associate, Credit and Collections (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJAugust 9, 2013
On a daily basis check for reminders of customers who needed to be contacted on bills/invoices due or/and past due.
Research any discrepancies of what was billed.
If credits needed to be issued I would write up the credit and submit it to the correct department.
Research on monies left on account if needed to be applied or/and refunded back to customer for overpayment.
If refund needed to be done I would write up the proper paperwork and submit to correct managers for approval and department for refund to be issued.
Worked very close with the billing department on billing discrepancies.
Great starter job in sales but pay is low
MAJOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), BaltimoreFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexibly manage your schedule and territory, great stepping stone sales job
Cons: micro management, low pay
I have been able to have 3 positions in the 6.5 years I've worked with the company including manger so there can be a career path if desired in the company. They do like to promote from within but you have to prove yourself with your sales. The portfolio of products is large so it can make people feel overwhelmed. They say the hardest part is selling but actually at Ricoh the hardest part is getting the order you did work hard for into the ordering system and delivered properly.
Ricoh is a good company to work for
Region Vice President (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: large company with good career options
Cons: constant restructuring.
After a 16 year career with Ricoh, I can honestly state that the company offered up many opportunities if the employee so chooses to avail himself of them. It is imperative that everyone become a change agent. Ricoh employees are no exceptions. Restructurings and reorganizations were the order of the day at Ricoh. This is both a blessing and a curse.

Bottom line; good company to work for. Many great people (including many managers) work for Ricoh. Ricoh is always on the cutting edge of the industry.
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Field Support Representative (Current Employee), norcross, gaJuly 28, 2013
Work consist of recording daily data. Entering Information and providing the up-most customer service to our clients. I learned to meter, copy, distribute mail. I also learned to do reports identify errors and troubleshoot equipment shut as copiers, printers, ect. Co-workers are a pleasure as we work as a team to get the clients needs met at a timely matter. The hardest part of the is moving up in the company. I like to let my work speak for itself. I enjoy meeting different people and showing off my customer service skills