RICKY'S ALL DAY GRILL Employee Reviews

Its okay
Host (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC11 February 2018
Being a host was my very first job. I learned a lot of customer service skills. Its a good job for people who are looking for their first job. I would not recommend it for people who can't handle rude customers
Tips are good
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2018
Working here is not so bad, Earned good tips when I worked here, more than the salary actually.
i just needed a job that has benefits and more stable for my family since I am a single parent.
Workers were awesome
Maintenance / Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 January 2018
Hardest part of job was helping dishwasher before I started my job
managers were awesome
open minded owner and staff
loved working by myself at night
and chatting with the staff
Pros
staff food discount
Cons
Not enough hrs to do a proper job
good place
Manager/Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK10 January 2018
good place to work, customers are awesome same as co workers, attached to a hotel so very busy when things are happening in the city, which means good money!
good place to work
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Queen River Boat, AB3 December 2017
was in the management training program, until another opportunity came up. the hours started early and were quite long, as is common in the food business.
Pros
good people, good food
Good hours, Friendly staff
Dishwasher and Busboy (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB30 November 2017
Friendly staff makes working a smooth experience, consistent hours and free lunches. Clean environment in a quality family restaurant, good menu items for free lunch.
Pros
Free Lunch, Friendly Staff
Cons
Intense hours
Hard manager, great first job
Host (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 November 2017
The manager and owner had a lot of turnover while I was there due to a lack of compassion. While I stayed there for two and a half years I became a veteran presence in the restaurant as there were little people who were still there when I started. Overall, it was a great place with an amazing staff who helped me through my first job.
Great work solid line training
1st Cook/Sauté (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 November 2017
it is a great place to come for fresh food worth every dollar you spend. great with experience when you have a reliable team. however management lacks where needed for guidance and assistance.
Pros
work experience
Cons
bad managment.
Productive but not the best environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC19 November 2017
The job is alright, but the managers are insane. They will not give you any choice over your shifts. Getting a day off is nearly impossible and hard to accomplish. Make sure you are ready to work under pressure with a lot of speed.
Great workers!
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 November 2017
Very casual days. I've learned all the fundamentals in the kitchen and memorised the new menu quickly. management wasn't the best, or the worst. the co-workers made me feel at home and easy going. there wasn't really any task in the kitchen that was hard for me. i enjoyed working with my co-workers and the satisfaction of serving meals to the customers happily.
Pros
Free meals, and good energy with co-workers.
Cons
Cutting shifts.
stressful and chaotic
Waitress/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 November 2017
although my first year at rickys was fun and enjoyable, it quickly shifted as management changed. you leave work stressed out and unappreciated. the stress was not worth the extra cash in hand.
Fun and interesting
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  South Common4 October 2017
work place is good, management is not good, the job is not so hard, sometimes is little bit boring but we had fun when we had more customers coming at the restaurant
Pros
free meal
Cons
8 hours/day
Management really bad !!!! franchise or Chinese restaurant!!
Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 September 2017
Management doesn't know what they're doing place(franchise or what!! staff does whatever they want.
this often negatively affected the employees as it resulted in angry customers. There was little to no communication between management and workers
I think almost closed because head office don't take control about this restaurant.the owner just play in the computer all day don't help too much!!!!
Pros
knowledge from the chef.
Cons
management, management, management.
So not worth the 3 years i wasted working here
Server (Former Employee) –  Harvest hills, Calgary Alberta11 September 2017
I worked at Rickys for 3 years until I had my daughter and went on mat. leave to come back a year later with no job. They told me to find a new one because they were under new management and they didn't want me back. I was sexually harassed by one of the employees over the time I worked there. When i told management they said he was only joking. So yeah don't work at this location. Its a waste of time.
Pros
40% off meals free pop
Cons
You have to wash the washrooms and floors while you are a server of food.
Disappointing
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2017
The manager at the time was very discriminatory and was not afraid to show it. Tips would disappear, employees would come and go.

Coworkers were friendly but a lot were lazy and lacked communication skills, while also refusing to change or grow out of any bad habits.

Overall disappointing, would not recommend.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work and great boss
Kitchen Helper and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, NB21 June 2017
Working at Ricky's was a great experience. Everyone was very supportive and loved to help me out on certain tasks. It is a friendly environment and working there didn't feel like work but it felt like home.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I worked as a host, it was a fun loving environment.
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 June 2017
I loved working at Ricky's all day grill because it was a fun loving happy environment. All the managers were amazing, helpful and caring. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting tasks done, and seeing people leave with smiles.
Pros
Food on break half price
Just a Job
Dish Washer (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB12 June 2017
The hardest part of the job is when you are first hired. After a while though you get the hang of it and it becomes pretty routine. The staff at Ricky's are fun to work with and make the job a little less boring. The busiest times are between 11 am to 2 pm.
Pros
half price on the food while you are working
Cons
minimum wage, can be extremely busy sometimes
horrible
Cook (Current Employee) –  south common10 June 2017
horrible place to work, managers steal from their workers and mistreat staff and hire other workers while they're own workers are in need of more hours to work
was a nice experience
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 June 2017
the peopel i worked hand in hand with were truly great to me. They provided the necessary training anf helped when needed. Management was always there when needed,