RICKY'S ALL DAY GRILL Employee Reviews

Productive but not the best environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC19 November 2017
The job is alright, but the managers are insane. They will not give you any choice over your shifts. Getting a day off is nearly impossible and hard to accomplish. Make sure you are ready to work under pressure with a lot of speed.
Great workers!
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 November 2017
Very casual days. I've learned all the fundamentals in the kitchen and memorised the new menu quickly. management wasn't the best, or the worst. the co-workers made me feel at home and easy going. there wasn't really any task in the kitchen that was hard for me. i enjoyed working with my co-workers and the satisfaction of serving meals to the customers happily.
Pros
Free meals, and good energy with co-workers.
Cons
Cutting shifts.
stressful and chaotic
Waitress/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 November 2017
although my first year at rickys was fun and enjoyable, it quickly shifted as management changed. you leave work stressed out and unappreciated. the stress was not worth the extra cash in hand.
Fun and interesting
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  South Common4 October 2017
work place is good, management is not good, the job is not so hard, sometimes is little bit boring but we had fun when we had more customers coming at the restaurant
Pros
free meal
Cons
8 hours/day
Management really bad !!!! franchise or Chinese restaurant!!
Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 September 2017
Management doesn't know what they're doing place(franchise or what!! staff does whatever they want.
this often negatively affected the employees as it resulted in angry customers. There was little to no communication between management and workers
I think almost closed because head office don't take control about this restaurant.the owner just play in the computer all day don't help too much!!!!
Pros
knowledge from the chef.
Cons
management, management, management.
So not worth the 3 years i wasted working here
Server (Former Employee) –  Harvest hills, Calgary Alberta11 September 2017
I worked at Rickys for 3 years until I had my daughter and went on mat. leave to come back a year later with no job. They told me to find a new one because they were under new management and they didn't want me back. I was sexually harassed by one of the employees over the time I worked there. When i told management they said he was only joking. So yeah don't work at this location. Its a waste of time.
Pros
40% off meals free pop
Cons
You have to wash the washrooms and floors while you are a server of food.
Disappointing
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2017
The manager at the time was very discriminatory and was not afraid to show it. Tips would disappear, employees would come and go.

Coworkers were friendly but a lot were lazy and lacked communication skills, while also refusing to change or grow out of any bad habits.

Overall disappointing, would not recommend.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work and great boss
Kitchen Helper and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, NB21 June 2017
Working at Ricky's was a great experience. Everyone was very supportive and loved to help me out on certain tasks. It is a friendly environment and working there didn't feel like work but it felt like home.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I worked as a host, it was a fun loving environment.
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 June 2017
I loved working at Ricky's all day grill because it was a fun loving happy environment. All the managers were amazing, helpful and caring. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting tasks done, and seeing people leave with smiles.
Pros
Food on break half price
Just a Job
Dish Washer (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB12 June 2017
The hardest part of the job is when you are first hired. After a while though you get the hang of it and it becomes pretty routine. The staff at Ricky's are fun to work with and make the job a little less boring. The busiest times are between 11 am to 2 pm.
Pros
half price on the food while you are working
Cons
minimum wage, can be extremely busy sometimes
horrible
Cook (Current Employee) –  south common10 June 2017
horrible place to work, managers steal from their workers and mistreat staff and hire other workers while they're own workers are in need of more hours to work
was a nice experience
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 June 2017
the peopel i worked hand in hand with were truly great to me. They provided the necessary training anf helped when needed. Management was always there when needed,
Working the weekend morning rushes
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2017
This was a part time job during high school.

I was in band, played football, and had grades good enough for university while also working.

Washing and scrubbing dishes, using a commercial dishwasher, and putting dishes, cookware, and cutlery where they need to go was my responsibility.
Pros
Tip out, free pop and $10 off a meal.
Cons
2 shifts a week and the head chef was rude.
High pace environment with high turnover
Hostess and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 April 2017
Great people I worked with but not as easy to settle in for new people. Because of the inconsistency of business hours were all over the place and never enough to make more then part time wages. Better suited job for someone who likes having 2 or more jobs
Pros
50% off food
Productive and fun workplace.
busser and hostess (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC3 April 2017
Ricky's is a fun place to work because the staff has really come to feel like family over the two years I've worked there. Customers are very friendly and easy to serve and talk to. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet people from all over and working with a good crew.
Very fun and very good for a first job.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 March 2017
Was a very good job for a first job. The boss was slightly strict and pressuring but overall was a very fun and a great experience. You learn basic customer service and more about the restaurant environment.
Pros
Tip
Cons
No overtime pay?
Great staff and management
Dishwasher/Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2017
Right from the start to the very end of the work day it was busy. Always had something to do or people to help out, and it was fast-paced. Host's had a large to-do list during the seating and drink orders and such. Although the people were incredibly nice and staff was family. The hardest part of the job was having to seat people, run drink orders, while cleaning tables, polishing cutlery, taking dishes to the back, taking payments, etc. Best part about the job was building friendships with the customers and staff and being rewarded for hard work.
Pros
free cooked lunch
Cons
not enough staff for front
Fun place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 March 2017
My day involves serving customers and insuring customer satisfaction. I learned how to give great customer service. The management is good. The hardest part of the job is working with uncooperative co-workers. Although the most enjoyable part was making people happy and brightening there day.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
very low wages
Not the best place to work, but it was a job.
server (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC4 March 2017
i typical day at Ricky's All Day Grill is defiantly not anything special. i would start every single on of my shifts by asking if it was busy or not, and they would answer with the same answer every Saturday and Sunday that i would work. as being the closing server i had duties that needed to be done so that the morning servers weren't angry and unsatisfied with the job that was done. At Ricky's All Day Grill i would have to mop the whole restaurant, clean all the tables and make sure that they were set to the morning servers satisfaction, i would also have to do prep which included making sure there were jars of strawberries, blueberries, salsa, sour cream and more. i would also have to make sure that the bathrooms were clean and that there was to-lite paper in every washroom, along with paper towel. i would also have to take out all the garbage's and make sure everything was clean and tidy.
Pros
free food.
Cons
i worked alone and sometimes it got busy.
Overall rating except benefits
Food Server Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB19 January 2017
A Good place to work every since i started working there from the owner,manager to kitchen staff very supportive and accommodating. I learned a lot from the Restaurant and costumers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good enough like 6-7 hours