Busy Richmond location looking for an experienced sous chef to join our small kitchen team preparing high quality casual food
- Minimum 3 years cooking experience
- Strong organization skills
- Strong knowledge of food cost / labour cost controls
- Understand of P&L reporting
- Hands on approach
- Line Management experience
- Experience in training new and existing people
- Strong leadership abilities
- Formal training in culinary arts
- Creative ability
- 45 hours per week
- Transportation if not living in the area
This role is an integral part of the hands-on management team, focusing on quality, consistency and the day-to-day running of the kitchen. Assisting with implementing new processes and procedures, this key role will support people development and help drive new business.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- New Staff training & support
- Manage kitchen systems - checklists, reservations, feedback,
- Monthly inventory
- Generate costings, specs and build guides for new and feature items
- Manage kitchen cleanliness and safety
- Attend management meetings & regular weekly meeting
- Communicate maintenance requirements & organize emergency repair
- 1st line management of people, including motivating, encouraging and performance management
- 35 - 40k per year
- 2 weeks paid annual vacation - 3 weeks after 3 years
- Medical for candidate and family (after 3 months)
Only candidates that meet these requirements will be contacted for an interview, please forward your resume.
- Location: Richmond
- Compensation: 35-40K per year
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.