If you are interested in signature events, contributing to community and a good cause, this is an amazing opportunity.
Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations & Events, this Development Officer, Donor Relations & Events position assists with signature events such as the Golf Tournament, Community Cares Month and Gala, along with Donor Stewardship and Recognition programs and handles database management.
With a new vision and Strategic Plan developed and in place, the Richmond Hospital Foundation has a clear direction. Our overarching goal: raising funds to improve patient care and the life-saving efforts of the hospital through the generous support of caring individuals, businesses and organizations. We believe in what we do, and we want you to help us connect with our donors and potential donors.
Richmond Hospital serves the diverse and growing community of Richmond as well as travellers using the Vancouver International Airport and BC Ferries and provides services in Emergency, Orthopaedic Care, Urology, Cardiopulmonary Care, Diagnostic Imaging, Intensive Care, Maternity, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Surgery and Ambulatory Care and more.
As the Development Officer, Donor Relations & Events, you will assist in a variety of ways with our signature fundraising events, independent community events, and donor cultivation, stewardship and recognition programs. From your experience, you realise this role includes planning, executing and evaluating events and post-event processes as well as ensuring high quality data management and the recruitment and guidance of volunteers. You enjoy all of this, whether you are developing and writing sponsorship packages, event logistics, vendor relationships, soliciting and stewarding sponsorships and in-kind donation prospects or acquiring high-quality auction items and writing descriptions or drafting invitations and letters. You thrive on it all, including updating the donor database and preparing reports. Your natural ability to build relationships truly shines as you interact and work with team members, volunteers, committees, others throughout the Hospital, suppliers, sponsors and donors. You are interested in Richmond and you can connect well with our dynamic community. Your English language communication skills are superb; you may also be fully fluent with Cantonese or Mandarin, both spoken and written.
Education and Experience
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in events, marketing or communications
- 3 to 5 years experience in a not-for-profit fundraising environment, with related experience in stewardship and sponsorship or equivalent. Demonstrated experience writing a range of materials.
Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in Cantonese and Mandarin a significant asset.
- Excellent organizational and project management abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and pay exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional ability with managing multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines and maintaining priorities with occasional interruptions.
- Proven problem-solving skills; creative, energetic and flexible approach to projects/work.
- Able to think and plan proactively, take initiative, have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment.
- High level of self motivation combined with ability to work independently.
- Strong customer and donor-relations skills with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Strong team player with a willingness to provide support to the team.
- Ability and experience exercising a high level of integrity and discretion in interacting with donors, senior level management, professionals and a diverse community of stakeholders.
- Must have a high level of demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office and with database management software including Raiser’s Edge. Knowledge and experience with Auction Tracker software an asset.
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle on a daily basis is required.
How to Apply
If you have the expertise, education and experience outlined above and are interested in a full-time, in-house position, please email your resume and cover letter indicating this position and your name in the subject line by Monday, March 3, 2014 to:
Richmond Hospital Foundation
7000 Westminster Hwy
Richmond, BC V6X 1A2
Email: Please use the "Apply Now" button below.
This is a full-time position.
The Richmond Hospital Foundation is a short walk to the Canada Line and Richmond Centre and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We truly appreciate all applicants for their interest; those being considered for the position will be contacted directly.