Richelieu Hardware Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Good place for a new challenges
JDE Technical Consultant Senior (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2016
Richelieu's business is expanding a lot and there are many new backlogs projects. But to them , JDE modules aas Sales orders, Inventory control, A/R are stiill new to them and they are afraid to use them again their old existing systems on AS/400 RPG ILE. During my time at Richelieu, I was responsible to create and maintain all the interfaces of PO, Inventory, A/P, Forecast from AS/400 to JDE. I am really proud of what I have accomplished for them.
my personal
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 27, 2014
This position is for people who can multiy-task, can deal with with stress and are able to work with customer service and sales.
I have learn a lot with Richelieu, specially on how to negociate payment plan with a very risky business.
Co-workers are very helpful and everyone has the same goal
The hardest part of this job is to create a personal relationship with your customers as it's a fast pace environment but this also is what I enjoy the most.
Productive work with good wages
Data-Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2013
For a majority of my time there I worked in the back desk. I learned to use the AS-400 system to inquire on products and assist customers when need be. From there I was responsible for making sure all orders print off, and refill paper when need be. I also had to supervise any shipments coming in, as well as assist customers with orders pre-picked.
Management let me have free reign and gave me little supervision, and entrusted my decisions for the betterment of the company. My co-workers, who I had to delegate orders to, sometimes wouldn't listen or blatantly ignore my requests for help; lead to much frustration.
The hardest part of my job was making sure there was enough work for not just myself, but also the order pickers who did both customer and industrial orders.
The most enjoyable part was the scheduling. I worked a fixed Monday through Friday shift, early morning to mid afternoon. Always had weekends and holidays off.
Pros
hour lunch in the middle of the day, fixed shifts and scheduling, weekends off
Cons
associates would not listen at times, ignored rules and regulations
Environnement de travail difficile et peu agréable
agent de crédit (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 5, 2015
Peu d'avancement possible, ambiance délétère, petits chefs imbus de leurs autorité, management préoccuppé de la prochaine acquisition et avantages sociaux médiocres.