Richelieu Hardware

Richelieu Hardware Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work with good wages
Data-Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2013
Pros: hour lunch in the middle of the day, fixed shifts and scheduling, weekends off
Cons: associates would not listen at times, ignored rules and regulations
For a majority of my time there I worked in the back desk. I learned to use the AS-400 system to inquire on products and assist customers when need be. From there I was responsible for making sure all orders print off, and refill paper when need be. I also had to supervise any shipments coming in, as well as assist customers with orders pre-picked.
Management – more... let me have free reign and gave me little supervision, and entrusted my decisions for the betterment of the company. My co-workers, who I had to delegate orders to, sometimes wouldn't listen or blatantly ignore my requests for help; lead to much frustration.
The hardest part of my job was making sure there was enough work for not just myself, but also the order pickers who did both customer and industrial orders.
The most enjoyable part was the scheduling. I worked a fixed Monday through Friday shift, early morning to mid afternoon. Always had weekends and holidays off. – less