Richardson International Employee Reviews

Union environment with constant struggle with management
Union employee (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 July 2017
This review only applies to the Lethbridge location. Management is underqualified and lack leadership. They are constantly under upper managements thumb to increase production and cut costs, at any cost. The company is upgrading the facility to decrease the workforce, despite the media releases stating the opposite. I have been with the company for less than ten years and would not recommend working in the Lethbridge facility. There needs to be a major shake up, starting at the top!
Pros
Rotating schedule resulting in days off through the week
Cons
Unqualified management, lack of process knowledge, third world management mentality
It has been an experience working for this company
Human Resources Admin Support for 15 people (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2017
It has been an experience working for this company. There is no room for advancement. I would like a career change. I am eager, willing, reliable. I think that I would be a great asset to your company.
Great millwrights, great operators, great experience.
Apprentice Millwright (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 February 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my work at Richardson. I did many things I had never done before, They took me in green, not a lick of experience and taught me, with patience. The operators are phenomenal, just great at keeping things running, the maintenance team was very hard working, in almost any weather conditions, the safety standards were very high, great benefits (sleep time, boot allowance, 1.5x pay between 40-48 hrs a week, 48+hours a week 2x pay). They got me all my safety certifications and operators licenses. Day to day work I did mostly PM's, worked shutdowns, Lots and lots of pumps and conveyors. Lubrication routes. Hardest part of the job I would say was inconsistent management and waiting on getting safework agreements signed off, but that's the extent of it and that's not so bad.
Pros
Great staff, Rewarded for good work, Good benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management
N/a
Richardson Oilseed Lethbridge Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 January 2015
• Worked with Operations and Maintenance Staff to develop maintenance schedules and plan work orders
• Used IFS (CMMS software) to track work orders, perform data entry, and develop reports
• Filled out descriptions for jobs and inspections for work that needed to be conducted around the plant
• Created weekly schedules that noted all work orders that needed to be carried out the upcoming week, and presented schedule to management weekly
• Helped in creating annual and quarterly shutdown schedules
• Devised SOP’s and helped draft safety program (18 page long)
• Created a guideline for technicians to be able to operate and calibrate an RBL machine, which packaged Richardson products
• Enhanced organizational skills though tracking work orders, filing weekly schedules, and taking note of future work orders and imputing them in schedules when due
• Trimmed work orders from schedules to match budget
Productive, and a fun environment.
Office Services Clerk / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2014
This is an excellent company to work for, great people. A typical day at work is to set up vendors, scanning documents when requested, filing and relieving on reception.
Co-workers are fun to work with.
There is no hard part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the work is accomplished and spending time with good people.
Pros
Supervisor providing treats and praising our team work.
Cons
not applicable
Productive, Energized place to work
Administration Assistant - HR Department (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 August 2013
Richardson International, was a great place to work. There was always a current of new ideas present everyday. Management was at the heart of it encouraging new ideas and better way to grow both as individual and as a company.
Well managed company
Sr. Vice President (Former Employee) –  WINNIPEG, CANADA12 August 2013
Dynamic leader with a strong record of achieving sound and profitable revenue growth in competitive, challenging environments. Business building success has been achieved in both domestic and international marketplaces for a variety of diverse CPG organizations including public, private, large and small across multiple product types. Primary leadership capability is creating winning strategies & plans and aligning cross-functional Teams to productively and effectively execute. Extensive executive experience in multi-site manufacturing, quality assurance, finance, R&D, marketing and sales. Consistently developing powerful Teams and delivering optimum performance through assessing, training, motivating, and hiring. Key attributes include accountability, drive/initiative, persuasion, leadership, innovation and vision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richardson International. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2