Richardson International Employee Reviews

Union environment with constant struggle with management
Union employee (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 July 2017
This review only applies to the Lethbridge location. Management is underqualified and lack leadership. They are constantly under upper managements thumb to increase production and cut costs, at any cost. The company is upgrading the facility to decrease the workforce, despite the media releases stating the opposite. I have been with the company for less than ten years and would not recommend working in the Lethbridge facility. There needs to be a major shake up, starting at the top!
Pros
Rotating schedule resulting in days off through the week
Cons
Unqualified management, lack of process knowledge, third world management mentality
Great millwrights, great operators, great experience.
Apprentice Millwright (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 February 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my work at Richardson. I did many things I had never done before, They took me in green, not a lick of experience and taught me, with patience. The operators are phenomenal, just great at keeping things running, the maintenance team was very hard working, in almost any weather conditions, the safety standards were very high, great benefits (sleep time, boot allowance, 1.5x pay between 40-48 hrs a week, 48+hours a week 2x pay). They got me all my safety certifications and operators licenses. Day to day work I did mostly PM's, worked shutdowns, Lots and lots of pumps and conveyors. Lubrication routes. Hardest part of the job I would say was inconsistent management and waiting on getting safework agreements signed off, but that's the extent of it and that's not so bad.
Pros
Great staff, Rewarded for good work, Good benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management
Meat Grinders
Richardson International (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2014
Manager heavily relied on staff due to their lack of understanding and knowledge, work life balance non existent, advancement very unlikely.
Productive, and a fun environment.
Office Services Clerk / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2014
This is an excellent company to work for, great people. A typical day at work is to set up vendors, scanning documents when requested, filing and relieving on reception.
Co-workers are fun to work with.
There is no hard part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the work is accomplished and spending time with good people.
Pros
Supervisor providing treats and praising our team work.
Cons
not applicable
Productive, Energized place to work
Administration Assistant - HR Department (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 August 2013
Richardson International, was a great place to work. There was always a current of new ideas present everyday. Management was at the heart of it encouraging new ideas and better way to grow both as individual and as a company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richardson International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5