Ria Financial Services Employee Reviews

not interested
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA9 November 2017
not interested in telling you about my experience. You have to find out on your own as we are all unique individuals and our responsibilities are different.
Good Benefits, BAD enviroment
order reviewer, sales rep, marketing (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CA18 October 2017
I worked at RIA for over 2 years. I worked at different departments and worked my way up. The department that was not the worst was sales. The other departments are very stressful not because of the work itself but for the environment. No one seems to like to work there and the people that have more experience are not willing to help the newbies.
Management seems to see you as a robot instead of a person. I am used to work under pressure so that was not an issue but the way they treat you is not the best.
PAY IS BAD
Pros
401, medical insurance
Productive work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Covina, CA12 September 2017
*Gets really busy at the beginning of the month and at the end.
*I learned how to manage money differently every year.
*Hardest part of the job is when I'm alone with a line of customers.
*Most enjoyable part of the job is when it's fast paced.
Supervisor / Transmissions Dept (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CA10 September 2017
The management at Ria was the best ever . always care all about job and be positive and always find a better way to be honest and if we have any concerns they always talk about .
Poor Management. Schedule and inability to balance Job/LIFE tasks
Order Verification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CA 906206 September 2017
A lot of favoritism in this workplace. Lack of advancement. Poor Management, she allowed another colleague harass me not once but twice and did not adhere any consequences for my colleague. Scheduling conflict, Leaves little to no room to keep up with life. I have been employed longer than my peer and wasn't given advancement based on seniority.
Pros
Holiday celebrations
9 to 5 job with many benefits
Financial Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CA13 August 2017
It is a very diverse company with the highest opportunity of promotion within. Almost every holiday is celebrated with a pot luck. Quick paced environment but time management was simple.
Very competitive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CA28 April 2017
Great work environment, great training but not a good pay for all the responsibilities given to us especially when having to assist other departments. Great supervisors
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Schedule
Happy from company for long time
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra10 January 2017
Company overall was good. People were good. They closed their Indian operation however Indian management is to be blamed for that.

I would still like to return their if they offer
Pros
Good Work Life Balance, Nice Salary, Nice Growth, Good Perks etc.
Cons
Indian Management did not want to do anything good. Relation among India and US were bitter.
Ria transfer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI3 July 2016
At Ria we are confident in our abilities to empower communities by providing valuable and affordable services. We take pride in our service oriented company culture. Ria is a company that celebrates and embraces multi-cultural diversity. As such, our employees hail from every corner of the world and we are fluent in many languages. If you are prepared for a career that is people oriented and makes a difference,
A great company to work for
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG10 November 2015
Ria provides an amazing work environment. Everyone is very friendly with excellent work ethics. Working in Customer Services, you get to meet people from all over the world as the company literally sends money around the world. The hours are long but the reward of a satisfied customer always outweighs any challenge you may face throughout the day.
Proactive Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  London3 August 2015
I have enjoyed my time working in Ria Financial Services, due to the vibrant environment there and the manner in which everyone works together. Ria ensure you learn the market well and have a very effective manner in which we learn how the organisation works. Our co-workers were very friendly and always ensured we worked together well as a team. Due to the friendliness of my co-workers, this ensured our work went smoothly. The hardest part is that I am in search of progressing my career and that I have to leave Ria Financial Services.
Beautiful atmosphere and great people to work with.
Cashier/Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Ham, London29 June 2015
The main day to day task for this company was to send money to all over the world with only a few countries that remittance couldn't made. It involved a lot of computer skills, as we have to made communication with the compliance department in case orders are been held for some reason or the other, i.e. fraud investigations, blacklisted individual or anything suspicious. The role also involved some Admin duties and also participating in some sales. I worked with some fantastic people who have made me feel comfortable around them and also helped in complete task that were difficult adjust to. With the wide range of services and experience over the years, I have gained an interesting diversity in working with different people all around the world, from my co-workers to the customers that we had to deal with day in day out. I enjoyed the serving customers the most, because they were the reason the company was still striving in business and the most important too.
Pros
Lunch break was unpaid for an hour
Cons
The working hours was from 8.45am - 6.45pm
not bad or good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CA11 June 2015
very busy at all times, great people
management is awful there is a lot of favoritism
job advancement seems slim to none unless you're a favorite of management. I have tried to move up in the company, even change departments but was shut down every time. too much work not enough pay.
Waste of time
Role - Cashier-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG24 January 2015
Low salary, minimum per hrs, working over time without payment , the manager Ian , is the most messy person, I have not idea how this company hired a person like this, horrible, not chance to develop your self or grow in the company.
Pros
Cons
Don't pay over time
Ongeorganiseerd, Chaotish
Promotiemedewerker (Former Employee) –  Heel Nederland29 June 2014
Het is een bedrijf die heel slecht georganiseerd is, werknemers lopen ook in alle gevallen binnen een week weg, er zijn maar 2 vaste medewerkers die de boel runnen maar niet weten hoe. puntje bij paaltje een slecht bedrijf om voor te werken, ze betalen slecht en behandelen hun werknemers slecht
Pros
Geen
Cons
Alles
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lamont, CA20 February 2014
I learned things I never though I would be able to do. Helps with the everyday life style specailly with math. Helps you balance out stress. If you work in this enviornment you could pretty much make it anywhere in which stress is involved.
Cons
low pay
MIS Manager
MIS Manager (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CA17 July 2013
Managed a 24x7 IT technology department for an international financial company consisting of over 14 branch offices worldwide. Direct responsible for the IT administration and operation for the data center that included but not limited to over 150+ mission critical servers along with 300+ call centers seats using AVAYA PBX system. Managed 4 direct reports and 16 indirect with a $5M operating/capital budget.
horrible schedules/ poor management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington Park12 May 2013
A lot of customers and only one teller, not being able to take your lunch or breaks, coworkers are ok, horrible management- working days: 6 days a week and only 38 hours
Cons
no breaks, on duty lunches
Very friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CA16 August 2012
Working with RIA is very fun. I work for the Philippines department and I should say it is a stress free environment because we have unity and cooperative team members. The hardest part would be the fact that we work on rotations so we don't get to have a socialization in our department but the management overall is very impressive, they make sure that employees get to have fun once in a while.
Nice Enviroment with changes for growth
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, California6 March 2012
fast growing company with opportunities to learn and do a lot.