The Network Analyst will work closely with Network Infrastructure and Application teams and is responsible for the day to day provision of long term outsourcing services to many clients. The Network Analyst is responsible for the installation, layout, and maintenance of all network components; planning, designing, analyzing, and providing technical support for data communications network or groups of networks; conducting research and evaluation of network technology and recommending purchases of network equipment.
Primary Duties Include:
- Consult with users and evaluate requirements, recommend designs, provide cost analyses, plan projects, and coordinate tasks for installation of data networks.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established networks.
- Plan, test, recommend, and implement network, file server, mainframe, and workstation hardware and software.
- Provide network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients and programmers.
- Serve as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies.
- Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Recommend network solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range network projects.
- Install, configure and maintain network components.
- Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, and file services.
- Establish user profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as systems to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Support the design, development and deployment of communications systems and architectures for clients as required, including applications and technology initiatives; both from an architectural and operational perspective, using existing standards and methods of delivery.
- Support new installations or maintain and improve existing legacy systems.
- Collaborate with strategic partners and clients to deploy communication technology solutions.
- Under the direction of the Senior Network Analyst/Specialist, perform and present technology performance analytics, undertake capacity planning and provide proactive system health checks.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of network issues for a client’s existing production environment, as well as design and integrate new infrastructure and application requirements for deployment.
- Support the design of new communication network solutions and continue to improve the client’s current network infrastructure.
- Provide support reactively and proactively to correct network issues for production applications.
- Create and manage documentation related to technical project deployments.
- Coordinate LAN/WAN and voice network deployments and upgrades.
- Install and manage monitoring, remote access and other system management tools to support production systems.
Working Conditions Include:
- Sitting for extended periods of time, working at a computer.
- Able to attend and conduct presentations.
- 24/7 availability may be required.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
- Safety equipment maybe required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- Will be exposed to construction sites.
Skill and Competency Requirements:
- Previous maintenance or network operations experience.
- Experience with wireless, routing, switching, load balancing and firewall processes.
- Knowledge of copper and fiber optic media.
- Working knowledge of remote access and testing systems.
- Solid understanding of security principles governing technical environments.
- Experience and understanding of TCP/IP.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Understand LAN/WAN voice and data networks and firewalls.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or related technical certification or equivalent experience within a related field.
- Cisco and/or Juniper certifications are preferred.
- 3-5 years direct telecommunications industry and networking experience, ideally working with Juniper and/or Nortel/Avaya gear as a Network Administrator, Planner or Analyst.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in the Network Design and Project Deployment field.
Indeed - 10 months ago