RGIS Inventory Specialists

RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews

A decent job to those who are looking for starter jobs
Auditor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
typical day at work: counting inventory
what I learned: be accurate on all counts
management: So far, most people are nice to work with
workplace culture: you get along with some people, and you don't with some, but the main focus is to get the job done
hardest part of the job: you travel out of your own pocket, shifts are either too early in the morning, or too late at night, some managers have a short temper, no fixed hours
enjoyable part of the job: lenient on taking day offs, or changing work schedules.
Pros
lenient on work schedules and day offs
Cons
travel, time shifts (either too early, or too late, no fixed hours
Having a car is an ASSET
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 February 2017
Pretty easy job, just counting merchandise with precision and speed. You basically go to the store they schedule you and put you in a team and start counting. Your shift ends when ALL items in the store/warehouse is counted which means you dont know when your shift ends. Its an asset to have a car for transportation bec. if you are put in a store at the mall, you dont start counting until the mall closes. Pay raise based on performance.
Pros
easy job, no need to deal with customers
Cons
transportation, schedule
nothing good about this
Inventory Stock Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
extreme asian culture management, they treat you like a robot.
Little to no advancement.
I accepted the job here thinking that hospitality was the worst, I was wrong.
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring job
an ok company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 January 2017
The policies are always changed. The upper management is not good at the operation and not respect their employee, no mater how many years you worked, how mach you contributed and how experience you are. Not good culture which is the president think it is good.
RGIS Canada is a company that is building a strong culture with our employees and strong relationships with our customers.
Manager, Finance & Strategic Initiatives (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2016
My typical day at work is spent analyzing a variety of data, making recommendations and ensuring our team is compliant with our goals and expectations. Management is inspiring great changes to our processes and culture. My co-workers are incredible and I enjoy working with them. This is not a 9-5, Monday to Friday job. The work can be hard and often demanding but working with a great team makes what I do rewarding.
Look elsewhere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario7 December 2016
Best to focus efforts elsewhere that offers better opportunities for true advancement and work life balance. Unfocused, inconsistent leadership in a shrinking industry.
easy job to do.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 February 2017
Easy job to do. But hours were hard to come by at times. A bit of favourtism in the company. Traveling time was mixed into hours if the shift was a short shift which sucked. Unless you drive yourself there is a risk of driving back in a carpool after a long shift with someone who may have trouble staying awake while driving. Some people very friendly others not so much.
Pros
easy job
Cons
screwed up hours. some management
Sometimes it was a fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC14 September 2016
Typically at work, I or whoever was in charge of the inventory would set up the equipment and then the auditors would count everything in the store. However for the person in charge there was always a lot of before and after the store was completed. The would have to download the store and the machines before the count started. Then after the count is complete they have to transmit the store to head office, which sometimes could take a long time. There was very little communication between the District Manager and the area manager and even less communication with the auditors. I loved working for RGIS, I loved going into different business's and counting all their inventory, but it wasn't for me anymore. After 8 years the love was gone.
Pros
interacting with new people
Cons
very long hours
Fun workplace
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 March 2017
It was good experience with co- workers. Have got good knowledge of products display and management.It was fun to visit different mall.All kind of people I have mate so all good cultural experience ahead.Accuracy and precision. No physical stress and easyness.
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
Long distance
Amazing team and very flexible hours
Auditor, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 January 2017
Sometimes the hours get slow, but at other times you don't go a day without work for weeks. It's easy work and you get to travel and make friends with the team.
Pros
paid hotel stay and travel.
difficult work at times
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 December 2016
i got the job with rgis through the newspsper... it was a easy job to learn and i learned fast... i enjoyed working with the people who trained me... the most enjoyable part of the job was the free coffee we were provided
Pros
made money for my family
Cons
long hours and lots if travelling
Job description
Inventory Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2017
The employees are underpaid. Short hours and job requires a lot of traveling. Early morning shifts. Usually you will find yourself staing a lot Management attitude is good.
Management likes to text and drive during out of town trips.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 August 2016
I worked here for a month, management isn't the greatest, each manager will text and drive while employees are in the vehicle. I had a few scares of being in the vehicle and having to tell management that I wanted to make it home alive. You have to be willing to travel during the night, when I worked with a similar company that would never happen, they paid for us to stay in hotels. Management knows they have people working with them but in some eyes we were working FOR THEM, not with, but for them so they were able to kick back their feet and slack. One is stuck in her ways and is completely rude, talks about you in front of you to the other employees. From a guys view he had asked me if all the girls hate me there too because the girls who work for the company hate one another and it is always catty. Terrible terrible working environment. If you want to work somewhere draining and a waste of your time, go right ahead.. you might love it, but I am warning some, it sucks to work there.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
the whole place.
Excellent work environment but poor hours
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 January 2017
RGIS is a fantastic place to work, the leaders are very helpful and kind. The work itself is scanning products to create an inventory report and isn't all that technical.

However the downside is how varied their service area and hours are. I have scanned from Burnaby to Abbotsford and I hear of others travelling a further range. Also the hours are incredibly inconsistent. You may go a week with 2 days 5 hour shifts or you may go a week with 6 days of 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Rgis
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
It is an excellent work for student and new comer.
You'll find and meet people and make friends.
The job is easy to do, and a bit fun.
The work itself makes you train yourself to be organized and accurate. It will make you compete for the speed, to be come one of the Top gun.
Pros
The pros would be you'll have the chance to see different places and scan items in expensive store.
Cons
The cons would be they don't actually give a lot of hours in your day, like in day they'll give you 3 to 5 hours shift, especially if its not busy. Sometimes, you won't have jobs for a week or a month.
work life
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC10 November 2016
Early mornings, late nights, never stable, dead periods, physical, counting. These are all different aspects of the company. The job itself isn't hard or anything it's more the early mornings and late nights that affect the body and mind more
Pros
get to make your own schedule
Cons
never know when you finish and can't control the team you have
good enough for a part time job
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Every location is different as we need to do store inventory around Toronto area. It is a little bit challenging in terms of going and coming back home because it starts late and finished midnight to early morning.
Fun workplace and adventurous
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 February 2017
working with R.G.I.S enabled me to work with big numbers and remember how to multi-task with those numbers in operation, I also enjoyed the whole travelling part. Getting paid to travel is a good experience.
Pros
multi-tasking
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Rgis inventory
Inventory Auditor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 February 2017
While working there met many great people and travelled to many cities I have never been before. I was responsible for counting inventory with 100% accuracy.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Worked out of town
Easy Job
Inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2017
we usually start working when stores closes. Usual day at work is scanning and counting all the inventory of the store. Shifts are usually 4 hours long.

2.8