RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews

Rgis
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
It is an excellent work for student and new comer.
You'll find and meet people and make friends.
The job is easy to do, and a bit fun.
The work itself makes you train yourself to be organized and accurate. It will make you compete for the speed, to be come one of the Top gun.
Pros
The pros would be you'll have the chance to see different places and scan items in expensive store.
Cons
The cons would be they don't actually give a lot of hours in your day, like in day they'll give you 3 to 5 hours shift, especially if its not busy. Sometimes, you won't have jobs for a week or a month.
Sometimes it was a fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC14 September 2016
Typically at work, I or whoever was in charge of the inventory would set up the equipment and then the auditors would count everything in the store. However for the person in charge there was always a lot of before and after the store was completed. The would have to download the store and the machines before the count started. Then after the count is complete they have to transmit the store to head office, which sometimes could take a long time. There was very little communication between the District Manager and the area manager and even less communication with the auditors. I loved working for RGIS, I loved going into different business's and counting all their inventory, but it wasn't for me anymore. After 8 years the love was gone.
Pros
interacting with new people
Cons
very long hours
RGIS Canada is a company that is building a strong culture with our employees and strong relationships with our customers.
Manager, Finance & Strategic Initiatives (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2016
My typical day at work is spent analyzing a variety of data, making recommendations and ensuring our team is compliant with our goals and expectations. Management is inspiring great changes to our processes and culture. My co-workers are incredible and I enjoy working with them. This is not a 9-5, Monday to Friday job. The work can be hard and often demanding but working with a great team makes what I do rewarding.
Not Good
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2016
A company whom takes advantage of their employees, definitely needs a union to protect inventory counters. They expect you to commute anywhere they ask you to on your own dollar. They advertise that they will pay commute pay above 1 hour but they do not. The list of complaints is honestly endless.
Nice company, Nice people, but the work time is not stable.
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
This is a good company, it doesn't have any requirement to enter the company, and the pay isn't bad compare to some other company. The people works there are nice. The only thing I want to complain about is the working hour, sometime 12 hours in a day, sometime only 10 hours in a week.
Hard work for minimum wage
Inventory Counter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2016
Small number of shifts, or be ready to work twice harder to receive more. Most supervisors are bad reproaching you for mistakes. but mistakes are integral part of this work. It is impossible to work perfectly, no one managed. Super boring and dull. But salary is paid on time and some supervisors give you more freedom which leads to better results for everybody and do not stress you to much. No education of knowledge is needed.
nothing good about this
Inventory Stock Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
extreme asian culture management, they treat you like a robot.
Little to no advancement.
I accepted the job here thinking that hospitality was the worst, I was wrong.
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring job
Management likes to text and drive during out of town trips.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 August 2016
I worked here for a month, management isn't the greatest, each manager will text and drive while employees are in the vehicle. I had a few scares of being in the vehicle and having to tell management that I wanted to make it home alive. You have to be willing to travel during the night, when I worked with a similar company that would never happen, they paid for us to stay in hotels. Management knows they have people working with them but in some eyes we were working FOR THEM, not with, but for them so they were able to kick back their feet and slack. One is stuck in her ways and is completely rude, talks about you in front of you to the other employees. From a guys view he had asked me if all the girls hate me there too because the girls who work for the company hate one another and it is always catty. Terrible terrible working environment. If you want to work somewhere draining and a waste of your time, go right ahead.. you might love it, but I am warning some, it sucks to work there.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
the whole place.
Auditor
Inventory Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 June 2016
Loved working for RGIS, only downside I didn't like was the lack of sleep because I worked bizarre hours.

The co-workers were amazing, the management was amazing, and the job itself is extremely easy to understand and excel at. Would recommend to anyone.
Gotta be good to stay
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 June 2016
RGIS is ideal for students looking to make a few extra dollars on the side. Not great for Adults looking for a full time job. Shifts are sporadic, and inconsistent. Shifts vary from 3 hours to 12 hours, and there is never a certain finish time.
Job was convenient whilst completing school.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario22 February 2016
Typical day at work consisted of counting everything in a particular store. Sometimes more than one store.
Learned patience and perseverance.
Management roles didn't particularly influence day-to day or in-store performance. It was supervisory roles which hailed to be the most important.
Many co-workers from all walks of life.
Hardest part of the job was the in-store supervisory role and customer service, both of which I excelled at.
The most enjoyable part was the hardest part.
Pros
Travel
Cons
One person's mistakes could ruin the day of 40 others.
More for students looking for work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 May 2016
- hours are all over the place
- no guaranteed work
- well overworked
- doesn't follow labour laws
- pay is okay, only because of long working hours
Pros
pay
Cons
extreme hours
easy work once you find the rhythm of using the technology
Part-Time Inventory Taker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 February 2016
wide verity of divers people. you could travel to many different places. Biggest down side I've found is that the technology is not very well explained before you are put into the work place
Pros
opportunities to travel around you province
Cons
hours could be very few, training is not top notch
Great Place to work
Auditor (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2016
Had to travel to many places to work in the area to do inventory for many retail outlets. I had to scan items into the computer to update the computer.
Pros
Scanning Itemes
Cons
Trveling long distances
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 November 2015
Long hours and non-predictable shifts and work loads, only work if you cannot find a job anywhere else. Not agood place to work lkamsdlksalkdjsalkjdlksajdlksajclkxznlkchjdsjaslkjdlkasjd;lkaslkc;jsxlkcjn
Pros
nothing
Cons
un predictable work load
Great Company, Tough Supervisors
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2015
Worked at the company as an Inventory Auditor for a couple months. The pay was quite good for the amount of work that was done. As well, schedules were flexible and easily complied with my life as a student. However, the supervisors were a little rigid and did not take to kindly to mistakes or inquiries. Overall, the position of Inventory Auditor is quite good, if that's the career path you want to go into.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Pay
Cons
Supervisors
Fun and Relax place to work
Inventory Taker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2015
It is a very enjoyable place to work for, introduced by my friend and the wage is above average. Flexiable, relax, and fun place to work for, had about half year experiences working on the RGIS.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Working Life
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 August 2015
A typical day consist of meeting at meet spot, driving a couple hours, then working 3 to 15 hours, drive back home, and repeat. I learned to take naps, and drink lots of coffee. The management is great, and flexible. Co- workers are what make the company run, also the hardest part of your job, is to deal with them everyday. Working was the best part of my day.
Pros
Different work places each day
Cons
Your On-Call no matter what your job discription is
Review of RGIS
Auditor of warehouse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 December 2015
The management is good, the job is stable, the pay is so so, the co-workers are friendly, the hardest part of job is you need to drive everywhere of the city.
Everyone is Disposable
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 July 2015
Management just doesn't care. They follow the minimum labour law regulations and aren't afraid to break them. Travel places frequently in a cramped vehicle that is generally poorly maintained - and only get paid after the first hour of travel (minimum wage to boot). They have no problems ripping you off whenever they can to make more profit so watch your pay stubs! They employ the oddest people, mostly because the job is so simple.

The job is not for the weak of heart - you will be up and down and sitting crunched up 95% of the time. If you're not small or elderly, up the ladder you go! Is it safe? Sure. Hurry up and count.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Travel, low-wages, unpaid breaks, hard on the body, shift, never know when you'll be getting home

2.8