RGIS Inventory Specialists

RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews

Sometimes it was a fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BCSeptember 14, 2016
Typically at work, I or whoever was in charge of the inventory would set up the equipment and then the auditors would count everything in the store. However for the person in charge there was always a lot of before and after the store was completed. The would have to download the store and the machines before the count started. Then after the count is complete they have to transmit the store to head office, which sometimes could take a long time. There was very little communication between the District Manager and the area manager and even less communication with the auditors. I loved working for RGIS, I loved going into different business's and counting all their inventory, but it wasn't for me anymore. After 8 years the love was gone.
Pros
interacting with new people
Cons
very long hours
RGIS Canada is a company that is building a strong culture with our employees and strong relationships with our customers.
Manager, Finance & Strategic Initiatives (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 14, 2016
My typical day at work is spent analyzing a variety of data, making recommendations and ensuring our team is compliant with our goals and expectations. Management is inspiring great changes to our processes and culture. My co-workers are incredible and I enjoy working with them. This is not a 9-5, Monday to Friday job. The work can be hard and often demanding but working with a great team makes what I do rewarding.
Management likes to text and drive during out of town trips.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 8, 2016
I worked here for a month, management isn't the greatest, each manager will text and drive while employees are in the vehicle. I had a few scares of being in the vehicle and having to tell management that I wanted to make it home alive. You have to be willing to travel during the night, when I worked with a similar company that would never happen, they paid for us to stay in hotels. Management knows they have people working with them but in some eyes we were working FOR THEM, not with, but for them so they were able to kick back their feet and slack. One is stuck in her ways and is completely rude, talks about you in front of you to the other employees. From a guys view he had asked me if all the girls hate me there too because the girls who work for the company hate one another and it is always catty. Terrible terrible working environment. If you want to work somewhere draining and a waste of your time, go right ahead.. you might love it, but I am warning some, it sucks to work there.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
the whole place.
Nice company, Nice people, but the work time is not stable.
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2016
This is a good company, it doesn't have any requirement to enter the company, and the pay isn't bad compare to some other company. The people works there are nice. The only thing I want to complain about is the working hour, sometime 12 hours in a day, sometime only 10 hours in a week.
Auditor
Inventory Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 16, 2016
Loved working for RGIS, only downside I didn't like was the lack of sleep because I worked bizarre hours.

The co-workers were amazing, the management was amazing, and the job itself is extremely easy to understand and excel at. Would recommend to anyone.
Gotta be good to stay
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 1, 2016
RGIS is ideal for students looking to make a few extra dollars on the side. Not great for Adults looking for a full time job. Shifts are sporadic, and inconsistent. Shifts vary from 3 hours to 12 hours, and there is never a certain finish time.
More for students looking for work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 25, 2016
- hours are all over the place
- no guaranteed work
- well overworked
- doesn't follow labour laws
- pay is okay, only because of long working hours
Pros
pay
Cons
extreme hours
Hard work for minimum wage
Inventory Counter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 20, 2016
Small number of shifts, or be ready to work twice harder to receive more. Most supervisors are bad reproaching you for mistakes. but mistakes are integral part of this work. It is impossible to work perfectly, no one managed. Super boring and dull. But salary is paid on time and some supervisors give you more freedom which leads to better results for everybody and do not stress you to much. No education of knowledge is needed.
Great Place to work
Auditor (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 1, 2016
Had to travel to many places to work in the area to do inventory for many retail outlets. I had to scan items into the computer to update the computer.
Pros
Scanning Itemes
Cons
Trveling long distances
Job was convenient whilst completing school.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 22, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of counting everything in a particular store. Sometimes more than one store.
Learned patience and perseverance.
Management roles didn't particularly influence day-to day or in-store performance. It was supervisory roles which hailed to be the most important.
Many co-workers from all walks of life.
Hardest part of the job was the in-store supervisory role and customer service, both of which I excelled at.
The most enjoyable part was the hardest part.
Pros
Travel
Cons
One person's mistakes could ruin the day of 40 others.
easy work once you find the rhythm of using the technology
Part-Time Inventory Taker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 11, 2016
wide verity of divers people. you could travel to many different places. Biggest down side I've found is that the technology is not very well explained before you are put into the work place
Pros
opportunities to travel around you province
Cons
hours could be very few, training is not top notch
Review of RGIS
Auditor of warehouse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 27, 2015
The management is good, the job is stable, the pay is so so, the co-workers are friendly, the hardest part of job is you need to drive everywhere of the city.
Physical, sometimes funny atmosphere
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 1, 2015
Stay stand during all the inventories process( long or short period), lifting of (sometimes) heavy items ( with help).Travel a lot in the city or other cities.
Fun and Relax place to work
Inventory Taker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
It is a very enjoyable place to work for, introduced by my friend and the wage is above average. Flexiable, relax, and fun place to work for, had about half year experiences working on the RGIS.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 28, 2015
Long hours and non-predictable shifts and work loads, only work if you cannot find a job anywhere else. Not agood place to work lkamsdlksalkdjsalkjdlksajdlksajclkxznlkchjdsjaslkjdlkasjd;lkaslkc;jsxlkcjn
Pros
nothing
Cons
un predictable work load
Inventory
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 23, 2015
We travelled to different stores and took their inventory either before they open or after they closed. Stores from little corner stores, to Shoppers Drug Mart and Walmart
very flexible scheduling.
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, onSeptember 10, 2015
The hours consistently are pretty decent.
The best part of working in this area is the people. For the most part, they make what is a slightly mundane job (counting things in a retail store) into a fun, decent day.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
unpredictable hours
Can be alright
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 4, 2015
Has it ups and downs. Flexible schedules, people are good. Management isn't great. Hours can be brutal, either early morning, or late nights
Great Company, Tough Supervisors
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
Worked at the company as an Inventory Auditor for a couple months. The pay was quite good for the amount of work that was done. As well, schedules were flexible and easily complied with my life as a student. However, the supervisors were a little rigid and did not take to kindly to mistakes or inquiries. Overall, the position of Inventory Auditor is quite good, if that's the career path you want to go into.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Pay
Cons
Supervisors
Working Life
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 17, 2015
A typical day consist of meeting at meet spot, driving a couple hours, then working 3 to 15 hours, drive back home, and repeat. I learned to take naps, and drink lots of coffee. The management is great, and flexible. Co- workers are what make the company run, also the hardest part of your job, is to deal with them everyday. Working was the best part of my day.
Pros
Different work places each day
Cons
Your On-Call no matter what your job discription is

2.8