RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews in Canada

Job was convenient whilst completing school.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 22, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of counting everything in a particular store. Sometimes more than one store.
Learned patience and perseverance.
Management roles didn't particularly influence day-to day or in-store performance. It was supervisory roles which hailed to be the most important.
Many co-workers from all walks of life.
Hardest part of the job was the in-store supervisory role and customer service, both of which I excelled at.
The most enjoyable part was the hardest part.
Pros
Travel
Cons
One person's mistakes could ruin the day of 40 others.
Management likes to text and drive during out of town trips.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 8, 2016
I worked here for a month, management isn't the greatest, each manager will text and drive while employees are in the vehicle. I had a few scares of being in the vehicle and having to tell management that I wanted to make it home alive. You have to be willing to travel during the night, when I worked with a similar company that would never happen, they paid for us to stay in hotels. Management knows they have people working with them but in some eyes we were working FOR THEM, not with, but for them so they were able to kick back their feet and slack. One is stuck in her ways and is completely rude, talks about you in front of you to the other employees. From a guys view he had asked me if all the girls hate me there too because the girls who work for the company hate one another and it is always catty. Terrible terrible working environment. If you want to work somewhere draining and a waste of your time, go right ahead.. you might love it, but I am warning some, it sucks to work there.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
the whole place.
Hard work for minimum wage
Inventory Counter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 20, 2016
Small number of shifts, or be ready to work twice harder to receive more. Most supervisors are bad reproaching you for mistakes. but mistakes are integral part of this work. It is impossible to work perfectly, no one managed. Super boring and dull. But salary is paid on time and some supervisors give you more freedom which leads to better results for everybody and do not stress you to much. No education of knowledge is needed.
Nice company, Nice people, but the work time is not stable.
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2016
This is a good company, it doesn't have any requirement to enter the company, and the pay isn't bad compare to some other company. The people works there are nice. The only thing I want to complain about is the working hour, sometime 12 hours in a day, sometime only 10 hours in a week.
Auditor
Inventory Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 16, 2016
Loved working for RGIS, only downside I didn't like was the lack of sleep because I worked bizarre hours.

The co-workers were amazing, the management was amazing, and the job itself is extremely easy to understand and excel at. Would recommend to anyone.
Gotta be good to stay
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 1, 2016
RGIS is ideal for students looking to make a few extra dollars on the side. Not great for Adults looking for a full time job. Shifts are sporadic, and inconsistent. Shifts vary from 3 hours to 12 hours, and there is never a certain finish time.
Review of RGIS
Auditor of warehouse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 27, 2015
The management is good, the job is stable, the pay is so so, the co-workers are friendly, the hardest part of job is you need to drive everywhere of the city.
More for students looking for work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 25, 2016
- hours are all over the place
- no guaranteed work
- well overworked
- doesn't follow labour laws
- pay is okay, only because of long working hours
Pros
pay
Cons
extreme hours
Great Place to work
Auditor (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 1, 2016
Had to travel to many places to work in the area to do inventory for many retail outlets. I had to scan items into the computer to update the computer.
Pros
Scanning Itemes
Cons
Trveling long distances
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 28, 2015
Long hours and non-predictable shifts and work loads, only work if you cannot find a job anywhere else. Not agood place to work lkamsdlksalkdjsalkjdlksajdlksajclkxznlkchjdsjaslkjdlkasjd;lkaslkc;jsxlkcjn
Pros
nothing
Cons
un predictable work load
Good timings with clean and friendly environment
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brampton/Mississauga/EtobicokeMay 27, 2014
Work started in the morning at 7 a.m. In this job I had to travel to any department or major grocery stores in and around the GTA. I had to check the inventory and ensure the quality standards were met. The job required the usage of a device called RM-1 scanners and enter the items into a store database, as well as physically counting and entering data into the system. I worked in an environment with a lot of coworkers who were friendly, however the management was terrible, they provided a bad experience and were rude. The hardest part of the job was working long hours with no breaks in between, but the job itself was enjoyable.
Pros
clean workplace, friendly environment
Cons
no job security, less hours, bad management, no break for the first 5 hours
easy work once you find the rhythm of using the technology
Part-Time Inventory Taker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 11, 2016
wide verity of divers people. you could travel to many different places. Biggest down side I've found is that the technology is not very well explained before you are put into the work place
Pros
opportunities to travel around you province
Cons
hours could be very few, training is not top notch
Everyone is Disposable
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 20, 2015
Management just doesn't care. They follow the minimum labour law regulations and aren't afraid to break them. Travel places frequently in a cramped vehicle that is generally poorly maintained - and only get paid after the first hour of travel (minimum wage to boot). They have no problems ripping you off whenever they can to make more profit so watch your pay stubs! They employ the oddest people, mostly because the job is so simple.

The job is not for the weak of heart - you will be up and down and sitting crunched up 95% of the time. If you're not small or elderly, up the ladder you go! Is it safe? Sure. Hurry up and count.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Travel, low-wages, unpaid breaks, hard on the body, shift, never know when you'll be getting home
Great Company, Tough Supervisors
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
Worked at the company as an Inventory Auditor for a couple months. The pay was quite good for the amount of work that was done. As well, schedules were flexible and easily complied with my life as a student. However, the supervisors were a little rigid and did not take to kindly to mistakes or inquiries. Overall, the position of Inventory Auditor is quite good, if that's the career path you want to go into.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Pay
Cons
Supervisors
Working Life
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 17, 2015
A typical day consist of meeting at meet spot, driving a couple hours, then working 3 to 15 hours, drive back home, and repeat. I learned to take naps, and drink lots of coffee. The management is great, and flexible. Co- workers are what make the company run, also the hardest part of your job, is to deal with them everyday. Working was the best part of my day.
Pros
Different work places each day
Cons
Your On-Call no matter what your job discription is
Productive great people to work with.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 4, 2015
A typical day at work would be getting the machines ready for the data it would receive for the day. I learned that it can be easy and hard to do inventory for different stores. the management were great to work for. Co-workers were very friendly. the hardest part was getting prices for different items that had no prices on them. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people every day.
Pros
the people were great to work for and work with.
Cons
long hours.
Good part time job but very unstable
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 28, 2015
RGIS is great company to work for but with inventory business it is feast or famine and so hard to maintain a budget on this when one payday you will get full time salary and next payday you will be lucky to get 15 hours pay. Great part time job if going back to school but that can even be hard as some store counts can be all nighters and hard if you have class in morning.
Pros
Always some sort of work and little bit of money
Cons
Very long hours at times and on feet for 8 to 16 hours
Visiting new locations to do inventory count and getting new experiences
Inventory auditor - Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2014
* Going to store and doing inventory count, data compilation, analysis, comparison with master data, variance analysis and report generation
* Learning systems, report analysis, variance analysis, error correction, team management
* Supportive management, schedules flexible, travelling support
* Strong team support, positive work culture and fun to work
* Travel a lot and work at odd hours
* Visiting different stores (size, brand) , meeting new people
Pros
visit warehouses / stores, meeting new people, supportive team members
Cons
lots of travel to different places, odd working hours
Not great, would not advise working here.
Auditor. (Former Employee) –  HamiltonJanuary 20, 2014
Honestly, working here would be ill advised.

Let's start however, with a few pros that did exist. This was a job. It wasn't being unemployed so that's a start. Also a BIG BIG pro is that the other employees were very nice. I felt bad leaving so soon because they were so great and I know by doing that I short sticked them.

But the cons. The management is difficult. Trying to get anything done is like pulling teeth, because you get voicemails of your bosses, and they do everything unbelievably last minute.

The biggest problem is the hours. My god, I was usually portioned out two shifts, which ended up taking almost eight hours. RGIS seems to not be a company which respects the 8hour or 12 hour labour law. And travel in and of itself took close to 2-4. Making an almost 20 hour day. I wont hold travel time against them however.

The management of this company REALLY needs to get it's act in order.
Pros
co-workers were excellent.
Cons
long hours, terrible management, short/no breaks, lack of communication.
Productive and fun work with people with humor.
Auditrice d'inventaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Understanding team and supportive one with another. Enjoyable and pleasent company with agreeable people.

2.8