RGIS Inventory Specialists

RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews

nothing good about this
Inventory Stock Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
extreme asian culture management, they treat you like a robot.
Little to no advancement.
I accepted the job here thinking that hospitality was the worst, I was wrong.
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring job
RGIS Canada is a company that is building a strong culture with our employees and strong relationships with our customers.
Manager, Finance & Strategic Initiatives (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2016
My typical day at work is spent analyzing a variety of data, making recommendations and ensuring our team is compliant with our goals and expectations. Management is inspiring great changes to our processes and culture. My co-workers are incredible and I enjoy working with them. This is not a 9-5, Monday to Friday job. The work can be hard and often demanding but working with a great team makes what I do rewarding.
Sometimes it was a fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC14 September 2016
Typically at work, I or whoever was in charge of the inventory would set up the equipment and then the auditors would count everything in the store. However for the person in charge there was always a lot of before and after the store was completed. The would have to download the store and the machines before the count started. Then after the count is complete they have to transmit the store to head office, which sometimes could take a long time. There was very little communication between the District Manager and the area manager and even less communication with the auditors. I loved working for RGIS, I loved going into different business's and counting all their inventory, but it wasn't for me anymore. After 8 years the love was gone.
Pros
interacting with new people
Cons
very long hours
Look elsewhere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario7 December 2016
Best to focus efforts elsewhere that offers better opportunities for true advancement and work life balance. Unfocused, inconsistent leadership in a shrinking industry.
Management likes to text and drive during out of town trips.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 August 2016
I worked here for a month, management isn't the greatest, each manager will text and drive while employees are in the vehicle. I had a few scares of being in the vehicle and having to tell management that I wanted to make it home alive. You have to be willing to travel during the night, when I worked with a similar company that would never happen, they paid for us to stay in hotels. Management knows they have people working with them but in some eyes we were working FOR THEM, not with, but for them so they were able to kick back their feet and slack. One is stuck in her ways and is completely rude, talks about you in front of you to the other employees. From a guys view he had asked me if all the girls hate me there too because the girls who work for the company hate one another and it is always catty. Terrible terrible working environment. If you want to work somewhere draining and a waste of your time, go right ahead.. you might love it, but I am warning some, it sucks to work there.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
the whole place.
difficult work at times
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 December 2016
i got the job with rgis through the newspsper... it was a easy job to learn and i learned fast... i enjoyed working with the people who trained me... the most enjoyable part of the job was the free coffee we were provided
Pros
made money for my family
Cons
long hours and lots if travelling
Rgis
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
It is an excellent work for student and new comer.
You'll find and meet people and make friends.
The job is easy to do, and a bit fun.
The work itself makes you train yourself to be organized and accurate. It will make you compete for the speed, to be come one of the Top gun.
Pros
The pros would be you'll have the chance to see different places and scan items in expensive store.
Cons
The cons would be they don't actually give a lot of hours in your day, like in day they'll give you 3 to 5 hours shift, especially if its not busy. Sometimes, you won't have jobs for a week or a month.
work life
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC10 November 2016
Early mornings, late nights, never stable, dead periods, physical, counting. These are all different aspects of the company. The job itself isn't hard or anything it's more the early mornings and late nights that affect the body and mind more
Pros
get to make your own schedule
Cons
never know when you finish and can't control the team you have
Hard work for minimum wage
Inventory Counter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2016
Small number of shifts, or be ready to work twice harder to receive more. Most supervisors are bad reproaching you for mistakes. but mistakes are integral part of this work. It is impossible to work perfectly, no one managed. Super boring and dull. But salary is paid on time and some supervisors give you more freedom which leads to better results for everybody and do not stress you to much. No education of knowledge is needed.
Not Good
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2016
A company whom takes advantage of their employees, definitely needs a union to protect inventory counters. They expect you to commute anywhere they ask you to on your own dollar. They advertise that they will pay commute pay above 1 hour but they do not. The list of complaints is honestly endless.
Auditor
Inventory Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 June 2016
Loved working for RGIS, only downside I didn't like was the lack of sleep because I worked bizarre hours.

The co-workers were amazing, the management was amazing, and the job itself is extremely easy to understand and excel at. Would recommend to anyone.
Job was convenient whilst completing school.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario22 February 2016
Typical day at work consisted of counting everything in a particular store. Sometimes more than one store.
Learned patience and perseverance.
Management roles didn't particularly influence day-to day or in-store performance. It was supervisory roles which hailed to be the most important.
Many co-workers from all walks of life.
Hardest part of the job was the in-store supervisory role and customer service, both of which I excelled at.
The most enjoyable part was the hardest part.
Pros
Travel
Cons
One person's mistakes could ruin the day of 40 others.
Very nice entry level
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 January 2017
Very nice entry level
paid training
You can choose when you want to work
Some supervisors are not friendly
minimum wage
nice people
Nice company, Nice people, but the work time is not stable.
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
This is a good company, it doesn't have any requirement to enter the company, and the pay isn't bad compare to some other company. The people works there are nice. The only thing I want to complain about is the working hour, sometime 12 hours in a day, sometime only 10 hours in a week.
Good timings with clean and friendly environment
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brampton/Mississauga/Etobicoke27 May 2014
Work started in the morning at 7 a.m. In this job I had to travel to any department or major grocery stores in and around the GTA. I had to check the inventory and ensure the quality standards were met. The job required the usage of a device called RM-1 scanners and enter the items into a store database, as well as physically counting and entering data into the system. I worked in an environment with a lot of coworkers who were friendly, however the management was terrible, they provided a bad experience and were rude. The hardest part of the job was working long hours with no breaks in between, but the job itself was enjoyable.
Pros
Clean workplace, friendly environment
Cons
No job security, less hours, bad management, no break for the first 5 hours
Gotta be good to stay
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 June 2016
RGIS is ideal for students looking to make a few extra dollars on the side. Not great for Adults looking for a full time job. Shifts are sporadic, and inconsistent. Shifts vary from 3 hours to 12 hours, and there is never a certain finish time.
More for students looking for work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 May 2016
- hours are all over the place
- no guaranteed work
- well overworked
- doesn't follow labour laws
- pay is okay, only because of long working hours
Pros
pay
Cons
extreme hours
Visiting new locations to do inventory count and getting new experiences
Inventory auditor - Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2014
* Going to store and doing inventory count, data compilation, analysis, comparison with master data, variance analysis and report generation
* Learning systems, report analysis, variance analysis, error correction, team management
* Supportive management, schedules flexible, travelling support
* Strong team support, positive work culture and fun to work
* Travel a lot and work at odd hours
* Visiting different stores (size, brand) , meeting new people
Pros
Visit warehouses / stores, meeting new people, supportive team members
Cons
Lots of travel to different places, odd working hours
Not great, would not advise working here.
Auditor. (Former Employee) –  Hamilton20 January 2014
Honestly, working here would be ill advised.

Let's start however, with a few pros that did exist. This was a job. It wasn't being unemployed so that's a start. Also a BIG BIG pro is that the other employees were very nice. I felt bad leaving so soon because they were so great and I know by doing that I short sticked them.

But the cons. The management is difficult. Trying to get anything done is like pulling teeth, because you get voicemails of your bosses, and they do everything unbelievably last minute.

The biggest problem is the hours. My god, I was usually portioned out two shifts, which ended up taking almost eight hours. RGIS seems to not be a company which respects the 8hour or 12 hour labour law. And travel in and of itself took close to 2-4. Making an almost 20 hour day. I wont hold travel time against them however.

The management of this company REALLY needs to get it's act in order.
Pros
Co-workers were excellent.
Cons
Long hours, terrible management, short/no breaks, lack of communication.
Productive great people to work with.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2015
A typical day at work would be getting the machines ready for the data it would receive for the day. I learned that it can be easy and hard to do inventory for different stores. the management were great to work for. Co-workers were very friendly. the hardest part was getting prices for different items that had no prices on them. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people every day.
Pros
The people were great to work for and work with.
Cons
Long hours.

2.8