RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews

No advancment
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS19 May 2017
No opportunity to advance. long hours, poor work conditions. low wages. Dirty, messy job, crawling around on the floor. Not steady employment. No guarantee of hours or preferred shift.
Pros
travel pay & allowance
Cons
hours
good company
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2017
The RGIS is a well organised inventory company. In fast pace environment, we need accurate in our task, be confident in what you doing. And familiar with the computer system, and the merchandise layout and catalogues. Double check the non-list stock merchandises and stock list. To compare the inventory report to the store storage list. So we need very detail in the various products labels.
Fun workplace
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 March 2017
It was good experience with co- workers. Have got good knowledge of products display and management.It was fun to visit different mall.All kind of people I have mate so all good cultural experience ahead.Accuracy and precision. No physical stress and easyness.
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
Long distance
easy job to do.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 February 2017
Easy job to do. But hours were hard to come by at times. A bit of favourtism in the company. Traveling time was mixed into hours if the shift was a short shift which sucked. Unless you drive yourself there is a risk of driving back in a carpool after a long shift with someone who may have trouble staying awake while driving. Some people very friendly others not so much.
Pros
easy job
Cons
screwed up hours. some management
Easy Job
Inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2017
we usually start working when stores closes. Usual day at work is scanning and counting all the inventory of the store. Shifts are usually 4 hours long.
équipe agréable
Inventoriste (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 February 2017
travail d'équipe et varié, temps flexible
• Se déplacer aux stocks à compter qui varient selon le client et le lieu faisant l’objet d’une vérification.
• compter les stocks des clients physiquement
• Entrer les informations dans les équipements de RGIS
• Explorer et de suggérer de nouvelles approches qui pourraient influer sur la qualité et la quantité du travail effectué
good enough for a part time job
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Every location is different as we need to do store inventory around Toronto area. It is a little bit challenging in terms of going and coming back home because it starts late and finished midnight to early morning.
Job description
Inventory Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2017
The employees are underpaid. Short hours and job requires a lot of traveling. Early morning shifts. Usually you will find yourself staing a lot Management attitude is good.
Having a car is an ASSET
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 February 2017
Pretty easy job, just counting merchandise with precision and speed. You basically go to the store they schedule you and put you in a team and start counting. Your shift ends when ALL items in the store/warehouse is counted which means you dont know when your shift ends. Its an asset to have a car for transportation bec. if you are put in a store at the mall, you dont start counting until the mall closes. Pay raise based on performance.
Pros
easy job, no need to deal with customers
Cons
transportation, schedule
Rgis inventory
Inventory Auditor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 February 2017
While working there met many great people and travelled to many cities I have never been before. I was responsible for counting inventory with 100% accuracy.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Worked out of town

Want to know more about RGIS Inventory Specialists?

Ask a question
Fun workplace and adventurous
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 February 2017
working with R.G.I.S enabled me to work with big numbers and remember how to multi-task with those numbers in operation, I also enjoyed the whole travelling part. Getting paid to travel is a good experience.
Pros
multi-tasking
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
A decent job to those who are looking for starter jobs
Auditor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
typical day at work: counting inventory
what I learned: be accurate on all counts
management: So far, most people are nice to work with
workplace culture: you get along with some people, and you don't with some, but the main focus is to get the job done
hardest part of the job: you travel out of your own pocket, shifts are either too early in the morning, or too late at night, some managers have a short temper, no fixed hours
enjoyable part of the job: lenient on taking day offs, or changing work schedules.
Pros
lenient on work schedules and day offs
Cons
travel, time shifts (either too early, or too late, no fixed hours
Amazing team and very flexible hours
Auditor, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 January 2017
Sometimes the hours get slow, but at other times you don't go a day without work for weeks. It's easy work and you get to travel and make friends with the team.
Pros
paid hotel stay and travel.
an ok company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 January 2017
The policies are always changed. The upper management is not good at the operation and not respect their employee, no mater how many years you worked, how mach you contributed and how experience you are. Not good culture which is the president think it is good.
not an overall great company.
auditor (Former Employee) –  british columbia31 January 2017
I thought all the negative press were exagerrated, until I actually started with my first few shifts. I'll keep it short...this company in general does not really respect their employees, with the exception of a few the supervisor/managers the attitude feels cold. I have seen an almost fanatical non-devotion to labour laws,(breaks were highly discouraged and reluctantly granted) as well as a lack of regard to road safety, with the cell phone usage; trying to find the site on Google maps (could they have not searched it up before the trip?). It made for an unbearable ordeal out of what could have been an enjoyable little road trip to the job site.

Training was nonexistant, throw them right into the trenches was the training,creating a lot of mistakes and slow performance due to the learning curve (which really isn't steep at all). However, there seemed to be little encouragement to do any better other than veiled coercement. Hours were few and far between, or they flooded a few days with long shifts and travel, with travel being paid after first hr, and of course motel time was at a minimum because RGIS doesnt turn a profit by signing cheques.

It's not all bad however. My coworkers for the most part were great people, down to earth and as helpful as they could be. A few of the supervisors/managers are great people who actually show some sort of respect, however stressed they may be, and a lot of our clients are fun to meet and chat with. If you like to live out of a suitcase, and see the world through a van window, or a small chance to meet people from different areas
  more... of the province, this may work for you, but be warned.... you will probably not make rent/bills on this job alone. Not for faint of heart at all....  less
Excellent work environment but poor hours
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 January 2017
RGIS is a fantastic place to work, the leaders are very helpful and kind. The work itself is scanning products to create an inventory report and isn't all that technical.

However the downside is how varied their service area and hours are. I have scanned from Burnaby to Abbotsford and I hear of others travelling a further range. Also the hours are incredibly inconsistent. You may go a week with 2 days 5 hour shifts or you may go a week with 6 days of 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Very nice entry level
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 January 2017
Very nice entry level
paid training
You can choose when you want to work
Some supervisors are not friendly
minimum wage
nice people
difficult work at times
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 December 2016
i got the job with rgis through the newspsper... it was a easy job to learn and i learned fast... i enjoyed working with the people who trained me... the most enjoyable part of the job was the free coffee we were provided
Pros
made money for my family
Cons
long hours and lots if travelling
Look elsewhere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario7 December 2016
Best to focus efforts elsewhere that offers better opportunities for true advancement and work life balance. Unfocused, inconsistent leadership in a shrinking industry.
nothing good about this
Inventory Stock Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
extreme asian culture management, they treat you like a robot.
Little to no advancement.
I accepted the job here thinking that hospitality was the worst, I was wrong.
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RGIS Inventory Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8