Reynolds & Reynolds

Reynolds & Reynolds Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice stepping stone but not for advancement
Anonymous (Current Employee), Dayton, OHApril 1, 2014
Pros: community
Cons: pay
Unless you are in a particular department there is no room for advancement and pays 20-30% below area average.
Busy place to work.
Customer Solutions Professional F&I (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 1, 2014
Pros: great job environment
Cons: no smoking policy
Typical day of work included answering an average of 30 calls per day, writing up an average of 15 tickets per day with a high resolution per week. Co-workers were helpful and fun with the hardest part of the job being advancement. Most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of customer problems.
Temporarily enjoyable but...
Data Entry/Clerical (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: food variety, free garage parking
Cons: absence of hr
No HR to express concerns & very poor management in the administration department. Other than those two major things, they had a personal chef, semi-friendly people and cool opportunities within the company.
It went froma career to just a job
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 19, 2014
When I first started with this company it was the greatest place to work. It was more of a family than a job. Everyone helped everyone else out and there was little jealousy about who got a promotion. It was bought out and the culture was so different, most people couldn't handle it and left. It became a job not a career or a family oriented place.
I – more... managed a virtual sales team in the NY/ NJ metro area and also had a team of telemarketing personnel as well. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all of the rule changes and dealing with customers who didn't like the new ownership. – less
positive
files/office (Current Employee), Celina, OHFebruary 3, 2014
very busy with getting orders out to customer service and to the press. My coworkers are amazing and they help me learn my job and teach me new things.
Good Place to work
Lead Systems and Business Analyst (Former Employee), Kettering, OHJanuary 29, 2014
Typical university. My experience was ok. Nice professors.
Reynolds Great Company
Technical Support-Hardware Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, ohioJanuary 8, 2014
I enjoy my employment at Reynolds & Reynolds working in the Technical Assistance Center (Hardware support). I am treated fairly and enjoy the conveniences of working there i.e. gym on-site, cafeteria on-site.
Flexible company
Equipment Control technician (Current Employee), College Station, TXNovember 11, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Equipment control department handles all equipment coming into the company as well as equipment shipping to customers and/or technicians. Hardware technicians will take equipment out for testing before shipping to a customer, and it is equipment controls duty to keep track of this. I like that Reynolds & Reynolds is flexible with my schedule since I – more... am currently in school. My supervisor and boss are both understanding of my school needs. I personally order equipment as well as checking orders to make sure they are ordered correctly from my department. Equipment control sends incoming equipment to the proper department for repairs and cleaning. This might be the most time consuming part of my job, but it is also the easiest. – less
Great place to work.
Inventory Control Rep (Former Employee), Northwest Houston, Hwy 290 areaOctober 2, 2013
Pros: 8 to 5pm shift. relaxed environment
Cons: 290 traffic, no place for advancement
Decent and Stable environment with interactions of lots of different personalities.
Ok place to work
Remote Customer Trainer (Former Employee), Kettering, OHSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunities to get involved with coworkers, very team oriented
Cons: very controlling of employees, lots of micromanaging, health insurance options not so great
Please refer to the pros and cons section. I have nothing else to say.
Reynolds & Reynolds Review
Toner Repair Technician / Team Leader (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 3, 2013
A pretty flexible workplace with advancement oppurtunities.
Enjoyed work place
Account Manager (Former Employee), Kettering, OHJuly 12, 2013
Pros: starbucks coffee
Cons: short breaks and long long hours at end of quarter or year
Typical day at work intense and busy
The hardest part of the job was balancing your to do list
Most enjoyable part where the co-workers around me
learned alot working at reynolds and reynolds
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 22, 2013
Very administrative position, sending out new hire benefits packages, cobra packets, etc.
Good place for part timers
Parts Department Associate (Current Employee), College Station, TXMay 27, 2013
Pros: hours, cafeteria, relaxed
Pay is better than other student jobs in town. Hours are flexible.
Good, clean place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Celina, OHMarch 22, 2013
Solid company, good people to work with. Factory, but climate controlled and very clean. People accept you quickly, and do not judge. Professional company with good workers.
Glass ceiling
Shipping Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 8, 2013
Reynolds offers zero room for advancement, and shows no loyalty to its employees.
Good place to start off at
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2013
Developing key features for the Reynolds Integrated Telephone System while coordinating with a team to build a customizable and configurable PBX. Utilizing a range of skills to improve RITS, including database management with PostgreSQL, developing an API to interface with database, building web pages to customize PBX, coding for applications run directly – more... on business phones, developing backup services for recovery. – less
previously a good place to work
Software Support (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: benefits are pretty good
Cons: atmosphere of fear and repression
This was a great company to work for until it was purchased by a competitor 5 or 6 years ago. At that point it became very stressful and most long time employees were eliminated. Everyone feared for their job daily. After that random drug tests were implemented and tobacco was one of the "drugs" tested for. Anyone testing positive for tobacco was fired – more... on the spot.

Previously there were internal job postings and much communication from corporate. Now an heir of secrecy is prevalent and the only way to find out if a position is available is if a higher up chooses to interview you.

Long time employees could earn up to 5 weeks vacation, but once the new regime took over those with 5 weeks were reduced to 4. several paid holidays were removed as well. – less
Field Service
Field Engineer (Current Employee), College Station, TXDecember 26, 2012
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: salary, healthcare costs, management
A typical day consist of creating RMA's to return field serviced parts and equipment. Packing and shipping to our repair center and picking up replenishment shipments for the parts stock that I carry. I visit anywhere from 1-8 clients a day for service calls or hardware installation. I am responsible for customer training after key inventory systems – more... have been installed as well as training other employees on how to setup, configure and use the systems. Management is very weak, current supervisors lack personal skills and management has a hard time making decisions and sticking to them. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the contently changing protocols, what was right yesterday is wrong today. The best part of my job is the relationships I have developed with my customers. Many of us know each other well but maintain a professional level of service. – less
I thoroughly enjoy working with customers to resolve problems and provide training.
Enterprise Advocate (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 7, 2012
Pros: travel to customers
Cons: economy
Problem Resolution
How to handle a wide range of problems
Not good - too much concern over losing their job
Okay - also a lot of concern over job loss
Managing a multitude of projects
Working with the Customers

About Reynolds & Reynolds

Auto dealers might want to test drive enterprise software from The Reynolds and Reynolds Company. Reynolds provides software and – Read more