Rexel Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
I enjoy working for Rexel,they are a good company,I have been with them for 8 years,hopefully I may continue in Canada when I move there.
INTERNAL SALES (Current Employee) –  Colchester, ENG4 January 2014
A typical day!? I work for an Electrical wholesaler in Colchester in England. WF ELECTRICAL which is part of the REXEL group.
I arrive at the branch at about 6.30 am. To try and catch up on previous days enquires.
I open the branch at 7.30am,the other internal sales team arrive at 8 am. I work on the trade counter serving customers who come into our branch, I supply them with the products that they require.
When I don't have any customers on the trade counter, I then go into the main sales office and assist with incoming telephone enquiries, quotations, locate and place orders when items need to be ordered for customers.
If a customer comes in with problem, I try and solve it, if I have to make contact with a manufacturer I do so.
I have worked in Electrical wholesaling for over 20 years, BUT I AM NOT an electrician, I have worked for WF for 8 years.
I am mainly based on the trade counter alone, I do enjoy the banter with the customers, as at times I may have 3 or 4 people waiting at a time, and I may not get any help from the office, which can get a bit annoying for me as well as the customer, as I don't want to keep anybody longer than needed as they are loosing money!.
We have just got a new Manager (since Oct 2013),which is difficult for him as we are on a new computer system, and there are only 4 internal sales members including myself, and 2 warehousemen in our branch, so when it is required I also cover the warehouse and do deliveries, as well as the trade counter when I get back!.
So I don't really have a " Standard day " as one day I may not get off the trade
  more... counter at all, and another day, if not many customers I could be doing quotations, delivering, working in the warehouse.
We have now lost our assistant manager for an operation, so that means I will now be working through my "dinner" break and locking up the branch at about 6 pm, and he could be off for 3 months!.
The hardest part of the job can be not enough time to spend with the customer and his needs, and staffing levels. (But that the climate!).

I do love the job, meeting new customers, solving problems, having a laugh, bit of banter, basically all the aspects of working in a environment with the public.
Pros
Serving customers, problem solving, enjoy working
Cons
No dinner break, locking up late, not always enough time for the customer.