Westburne, a Division of Rexel Canada Electrical Inc. is a leading full service distributor of electrical, automation, distribution, utility and renewable energy products. Our branches across Ontario provide services to a diverse customer base with local access, support and availability for a wealth of products. At Westburne , we are relentless in our drive to be the best at enhancing the success of our customers by delivering products, services and responsiveness second to none.
We are currently recruiting for an Inventory Manager reporting the General Manager. This position will be based out of our Mississauga, Ontario offices. This individual will be responsible for all inventory related processes and key performance metrics. He\she will effectively manage, control and ensure the integrity and accuracy of the Division’s inventory assets.
- Partner with branch and purchasing teams to evaluate inventory reports and set parameters to achieve maximum customer service and stock turns for all branches across Ontario.
- Analyze aged and surplus inventory levels and offer recommendations for improvement.
- Closely investigate and work with the branches to resolve all inventory discrepancies so as to minimize inventory shrinkage and swell.
- Partner closely with Corporate in the planning and execution of the annual physical inventory count. Reconcile the variances and compile reports to determine reasons for discrepancies. Produce a physical inventory report for evaluation.
- Liaise with our suppliers to resolve outstanding issues relevant to inventory management.
- Employ continuous improvement approaches to identify opportunities in inventory management practices.
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in Operations Management, Supply Chain or Business
- APICS or CPIM designation would be a definite asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing the inventory control functions preferably within multiple locations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong at attention to detail and producing accurate outputs
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Experience within the electrical distribution industry would be an asset
- AS400 and/or GAINS experience would be an asset
Please type “Inventory Manager’ in the subject heading of your email.
Visit our career page at www.westburne.ca for other opportunities
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted for interviews.