For 100 years, Nedco has been a cornerstone in the electrical industry. With branches across Canada, Nedco is pleased to offer one stop shopping for a wide range of quality products such as communications, wire and cable, distribution, lighting, data, home integration and security.
The Divisional Operations Manager is a key member of the Management team within the Division. Reporting directly to the General Manager with a dotted line to the Vice President of Operations, Logistics and Information Technology. This individual is responsible for all Operations, Logistics, and I.T. functions within the Division. Ensuring that the Division’s operations continually exceed the Customers requirements and supporting the Sales group through superior service levels that drive sales growth.
- Provide direction, coaching and leadership to direct reports while maintaining a positive work climate within the Division.
- Ensure that customer service levels are met by assisting in the warehouse, counter or inside sales departments whenever required.
- Schedule all projects and all activities to ensure project is completed in a timely manner
- Enforce and monitor established order fulfillment process and work procedures.
- Assign responsibilities to employees and assess their on-going performance.
- Analyze inventory reports and take remedial action to dispose of slow-moving items, dead stock or surplus inventory as well as additions to existing items or product lines; notify Business Development of same to assist with the achievement of Sales strategies.
- Monitor expense levels in his/her area of responsibility and ensure that corrective action is taken to control/reduce costs to ensure the attainment of budget.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures focusing on operations, administration and health and safety.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a high energy environment, be able multi-task and juggle priorities effortlessly while maintaining a calm demeanor. Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills are critical for success in this role.
Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in an appropriate discipline plus a minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in the industry, including five (5) years in a management capacity, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AS400 experience would be an asset.
- Proficient use of MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Product knowledge of the electrical business is essential.
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension packages
- A stable and safe work environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Employee bonus plan
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Rexel is a leading distributor of electrical products. Operating from 2,100 locations in 37 countries, Rexel delivers quality products and...