Rexall Employee Review

Great interactions with customers
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  High River, AB17 July 2014
Great chances to interact with customers and awesome co workers. However, I find Rexall to be a company in which there is little room for advancement, and there is a definite feeling that management and head office don't care much for the employees who work the sales floor. The benefits are poor, and the pay is not much better. They don't pay more for more responsibility - what I mean is that a key holder get paid the same as a part time or full time worker (depending on whether they are full or part time) and are not compensated for taking on more responsibility within the company. Head office is very motivated by sales and profit and store employees seem to suffer more often than not because of this.
I did learn many things while working at Rexall about office work and customer service.
Pros
paid birthday off, and employee discount cards
Cons
poor pay and benefits, and a feel that head office does not care much about their empoyees.

Other Rexall Employee Reviews

Standard job
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2018
Good for experience

Union fees suck because you are a part time employee and it barely applies to you and why does this review have to be one hundred and fifty characters
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 February 2018
A typical date at Rexall is dependant on what store you are at and what day you at looking at. I say this because there are stores that are always busy, and then there are stores that are busy on certain days, and lastly, there are stores that aren't busy at all. I learned a lot of skills from Rexall because it was my first job. I started out as a Part-time clerk and got to Full-time Assistant Manager in the 9 years I worked there. All Managers will vary by each person whether it be an Assistant, Front Shop, or Regional Manager. Which is hard to learn or progress cause they all have different managing styles.

The hours are horrible for everyone if you are Part-time you get 4-28hrs/wk. Full-time 40hrs/wk. and managers are paid for 40hrs/wk but expected to do 60-70hrs/wk

Best part of this place is the discount and they type of people you may work with or serve as customers,
Pros
Discount, Skills learned, Co-workers
Cons
Hours, Expectations unrealistic, Lack of honesty from everyone, No sense of team work anymore.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexall. Our community is ready to answer.