Rexall Employee Review

Great People
POSTAL CLERK, SALES REP. AND DESIGNATE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 July 2014
The people and management are amazing and the biggest reason I love this place.

The work was simple but fast paced, there was always something to do and something to fix which kept me busy. Customer service was a big part in the work, other than that we'd keep the store clean and manageable. Sometimes there would be a 'Plano-gram' which meant completely re-merchandising specific sections of shelving.

I'd say I learned better time management, patience, and even how to handle important situations better than I'd previously known. I was hired to be trained in the Post Office, it was the first time anyone trained me for a position better than general sales person just because they wanted to. I felt important and necessary, that they wanted me to be better and so I gave them better.

Co-workers, as I mentioned, have been spectacular. There are always bumps in the road but this store has done well enough that I hardly even remember anything bumpy. Management is the same way, I respect them and in several cases really care about them.

The hardest part of the job is the monotony, I like to learn new things so I keep pushing to know. Sure, no two days are exactly the same with customer service but you can generally guess as to what's going to happen.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. My co-workers and many of the customers have been nothing but incredible. People get along and work together at Rexall and I appreciate the amount of support and care everyone puts into it.
Pros
Management is approachable, Closed on Christmas, Easy to get time off
Cons
There can be a lot of standing still with nothing to do, Minimum wage

Other Rexall Employee Reviews

No commitment from rexall to be better and we dont feel good about it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2018
You're expected to do a lot from day to day including cashiering stocking facing dealing with customer service complaints with very few employees to do it all. If you're also a Post office Clerk ,keyholder, pharmacy tech or Manager expected to do all that and more. This company is always reducing labor hours per store then increasing them so when you're hired you'll either get too many hours that you're not available for or you'll have no hours at all and have to find another job. Minimum wage has been increasing faster than what Rexall pays their employees. There's no such thing as overtime, bonuses or raises in this company. There is a union which mostly protects the full-time employees that have been there for over 20 years. These employees know not to become a Postal Clerk or a key holder because it's 10 times more work with evening shifts for the same pay leaving newer employees to take these responsibilities. All these things along with insane favoritism from management makes rexall a pretty terrible place to work.
Pros
Co-workers and discount
Cons
Rude cutomers, lots of shoplifters, unreliable work hours some managers are horrible
Standard job
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2018
Good for experience

Union fees suck because you are a part time employee and it barely applies to you and why does this review have to be one hundred and fifty characters

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexall. Our community is ready to answer.