Rexall Employee Reviews

have to be dedicated
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 January 2018
if you don't mind working 40+ hours a week and you are a hard worker and can do everything yourself because you wont have staff or hours to help you.. then Rexall is for you.
Pros
Cons
everything
Understanding managers and flexible hours.
Front Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2017
The company and those that work for it are very good at working around any preexisting schedule you may have. Much like other retail stores Rexall is understanding when it comes to part-time and fluctuating hours.
A great place to work with some amazing women!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrhead, AB5 December 2017
Rx drug mart is a great place to work , very friendly and amazing staff! Keeping busy on till , cleaning , stocking shelves and helping customers! Good work shifts!
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Minimum wage, part time
Worst Management.
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2017
I recently resigned because of the management, they promise a lot but in real, there is nothing, I work with this company 5 years and proved one of the best , but at the end all credit goes to Managers, no recognition, and when I ask i was blamed for everything.

If you need a carrier growth then looks for something else, managers at this place will sacrifice you when they are in trouble, no question ask.
Pros
Amazing talented co-workers
Cons
Worst management.
Muy Bueno
Encargada (Former Employee) –  Ottawa22 November 2017
La empresa estaba cambiando su estructura laboral con muchos éxitos con sus cambios.
Great co-workers
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB21 November 2017
Had an amazing time working for Rexall in Valleyview, Ab. Amazing kind hard working co-workers. Customers were always kind and easy to make happy. Over all great experience.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Pay was $7.15 an hour
Enjoyable work, little care for student workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 November 2017
The work was enjoyable, and my coworkers were extremely helpful. They were very kind, and answered all of my questions, and were more than willing to lend a hand. My training was quick, but informative. The customers were very patient and friendly. However, the management at the time was not concerned about my need for time off to write my exams, despite agreeing to it at the time of hiring. The manager had not hired anyone to replace someone who had left a month prior, and had booked a vacation for that time, knowing I had school commitments. It was at that point I gave my two weeks notice.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and customers
Great for students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 November 2017
I got this job in my first year of college. It was flexible with my school schedule which made is easier to provide the company with my best performance possible. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting and I enjoyed going to each shift. A typical work day included running cash registers and interacting with the costumers and staff. These interactions included helping customers find items and working with staff to efficiently complete our duties.
Pros
Half hour lunches
Cons
Late nights
Speciality Pharmacy
Casual Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2017
Good Pharmacy with specialty...line dealing with Transplant medications, Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary Hypertension, HIV medications and other high cost medications as per Alberta Government list.
Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2017
Great place to work, great opportunity for advancement. Joined the company many years ago, moved up very quickly and highly recommend working here...
Worst company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2017
This was the worst job I ever had. I was an assistant manager for many years and the company has no respect for their employees. You can expect to work 60 hours but only get paid for 40. You can also expect to do many jobs at once as the company cuts staff hours on a regular basis.
Pros
Vacation, Benefits
Cons
Terrible Upper Management, Not Paid For Hours Worked, Have To Work On Your Days Ofd
Good day to day work experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt6 October 2017
Very busy store. Well rounded job. Able to work on your own. Supported my advancement as I took merchandising courses as well as helped in pharmacy. Loved our customers and the flexible schedule.
Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON, Belleville, ON4 October 2017
They pay the manager and assistant managers salary. Then want 50 things done a day that take more hours then you are actually paid to work. The work it self is not overly hard, but not being reconciled for the work being done is. Also they move your location a lot, and training could be out of town, they also tell you at hiring they can move you as much as they want as ling as its within a insertion distance from your first store.
Pros
Staff, Customers
Cons
Hours needed to work, and the fact every store does everything so different
Fast Pace environement
Category Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2017
Very professional and fast paced environment. Management is also great but not very flexible. You can grow within a company depending on your performance.
productive
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2017
it was a great place to work fun to be there amazing people but staff not so much, hardest part of the job was watching unqualified people come in and get raises
Dont apply if you wanna move up
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
I was let go without cause and for no reason. For a year they promised me I'd get promoted, and then I kept watching them hire from outside. Yet they had me covering for managers, doing the managers job without the title or pay. Then they stuck me under a manager who decided in one day he didn't like me. I did nothing wrong. Worked very hard and even taught their new hire managers.
People and the variety of work make it worthwhile
Merchandise Business Planning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2017
Its your peers that make the place worth while. As well as the type of work you might do if your position allows for it. My time there granted me a lot varied experience which was very beneficial.
It was volunteer work that didn't interact with the store.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 September 2017
I got to the store, sat at my table and sold garage sale items. That is all I did for 3 days. It was simple easy and didn't interact with the store at all.
Friendly and Productive Workplace
Postal Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON7 September 2017
The workplace environment is friendly and productive, the work is straightforward and work hours are flexible. The management style is relaxed and efficient.
Pros
Regular Events/ get togethers, flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Don't waste your time working here
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Canada5 September 2017
Upper Management doesn't care. They push people to complete 70hrs of work within 40hrs work week and write you up if you cannot. Constantly charging patients fraudulently on their Medchecks. All Good employees are leaving, No future.
Pros
None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexall. Our community is ready to answer.