Rexall Employee Reviews

Worst company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2017
This was the worst job I ever had. I was an assistant manager for many years and the company has no respect for their employees. You can expect to work 60 hours but only get paid for 40. You can also expect to do many jobs at once as the company cuts staff hours on a regular basis.
Pros
Vacation, Benefits
Cons
Terrible Upper Management, Not Paid For Hours Worked, Have To Work On Your Days Ofd
Fast Pace environement
Category Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2017
Very professional and fast paced environment. Management is also great but not very flexible. You can grow within a company depending on your performance.
Dont apply if you wanna move up
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
I was let go without cause and for no reason. For a year they promised me I'd get promoted, and then I kept watching them hire from outside. Yet they had me covering for managers, doing the managers job without the title or pay. Then they stuck me under a manager who decided in one day he didn't like me. I did nothing wrong. Worked very hard and even taught their new hire managers.
It was volunteer work that didn't interact with the store.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 September 2017
I got to the store, sat at my table and sold garage sale items. That is all I did for 3 days. It was simple easy and didn't interact with the store at all.
Amazing management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 September 2017
The management at my store were amazing. I made a lot of friends working there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere, it was a lot of fun to go to work!
management flip-flops constantly
Cash (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2017
Been working at rexall for over 2 years now, and there isn't a lot of room for raises or hours. Constantly in need of a new front store manager because apparently rexall doesn't know how to hire properly qualified people. Scheduling is also a problem, seeing as how the manager only makes it a few days in advance. The hours are scarce at times because head office decides when they want to cut hours. Sometimes it's out of the blue. One of the only reasons I've been at this store for so long is for the people I work with. Good luck!
Pros
Great staff, interaction with customers
Cons
Flip flop hours. Poor management.
worst place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario13 August 2017
long long, very very long hours. No work life balance, you're treated like garbage and not respected for anything you do. Not given enough support from corporate.
corrupt
COSMETICS DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB12 August 2017
worked there for over a year, many promises of raises and opportunities, nobody ever came through. i invested money into courses to manage the cosmetics department and they kept asking more and more of me but delivered nothing on their end. our manager was sexually harrassive and degrading to women, always slept on the job and had 20 smoke breaks a shift.
Easy going and great co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Devon, AB3 August 2017
Working at Rexall was a great experience for a new town. I got to learn others as well as they got to learn about me and where I am from. The customers were one of the best experiences I could ask for from a job like this.
Friendly staff and workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 July 2017
I love working at Rexall because of the people I work with and most of the customers and very friendly. Although I do love it, it is not a very exciting or challenging job. It would be a wonderful first job for someone who needs experience because it teaches you how to communicate well with customers and is not too difficult or overwhelming.
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
Not very challenging
Summary
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 July 2017
Great company overall. Lots of opportunities internally. Well known in the pharmacy . Growing company that will expand in the coming years. Good culture.
To many changes over the past couple of years and it wasnt for the better
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
Worked as a cosmetician for many years. It's a joke now if your title is a cosmetician your doing other duties other then your actual position like front cash and receiving and any other store operations they put on you. There's not much focus on the dept that in my opinion that gives the most profit because of the mark up in cosmetics. Customer service is terrible because there is no service because there's hardly anyone working in any of the stores.
Pros
Manager and assistant manager and staff were great
Cons
Depending on which store mgr you get makes all the difference
Was not trained properly.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Southgate Edmonton26 June 2017
I did not feel like it was a good work place, no communication skills, team members ignored eachother , the management was not doing the training like I had expected as well as not eplaingnthing well enough
Pros
No pros
Cons
Would have like to have management actually train me not have 2 hours of training, the team should have better communication skills
Friendly co-workers, clean/safe work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 June 2017
Enjoyed working here but when they went to sell the company they did a lot of shifty things to reduce the amount of hours on paper it took to run the business. They found reasons to let go a lot of my coworkers who had been their for years because the new company didn't want to deal with their restrictions and wanted to do their own hiring.
Pros
Discounted pharmaceutical/ household products
Cons
corporate structure
terrible management, terrible coworkers
Pharmacy Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON12 May 2017
I worked in the arnprior location and it was a joke. The staff stole , the management belittled the staff and there was absolutely no attention to customer service. I am sure the overall company is good but not this location.
Pros
mostly nice relief pharmasists
Cons
horrible management and pretty much everything else too.
Used to be a good place to work
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON4 May 2017
The company has really changed in the last 5 years. Too much pressure to make money and no importance place on the welfare of our patients. Staff cuts have made it impossible to care for your patients properly.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough staffing
Good people
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2017
There are always exceptions, but for the most part I like the people. Good co-workers, good management at store level (currently) and mostly pleasant clientele.
Customers are our priority
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 March 2017
Enjoyed the job but upper management was less than flexible. Really enjoyed interacting with customers and helping to make someone's day. Everyone worked well as one team to make the store run smoothly.
Good work-Life balance but no professional growth
Part Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 March 2017
Rexall has a great team environment and the opportunities to be promoted and have more responsibilities within the company. They have a great support system and a good business history. There are many Canada wide and therefore you can transfer if needed.
Don't waste your time
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2017
This company used to be a strong up and coming pharmacy. However, over the last couple of years really poor management at the executive level have shifted the focus to cutbacks instead of customer service. Don't waste your time....
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Labour cuts, you're treated like a number, focus on cut backs not customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexall. Our community is ready to answer.