Rexall Place Employee Reviews

productive
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2017
it was a great place to work fun to be there amazing people but staff not so much, hardest part of the job was watching unqualified people come in and get raises
Good place
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
The team leads are friendly and the co-workers are great. Very easy to learn the skills required for the job. Free dinner provided for every staff who work that day, as well as, half off food.
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Many many shifts
no review to submit
Preparation Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
a slow working environment with micro breaks and lunch breaks. it was an alright job for the time being due to it being the NHL hockey season so it was only a seasonal job
Fun and Exciting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
I had an Awesome experience working with the people and the customers. I am a people person and always ensure that customers get the best quality service experience.
Pros
free supper/lunches
Cons
wage
I had fun with the ppl that worked there.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2017
I had fun working their and it was my first job from a small town to a city. we were also given discounts on food. and learned a few different things that i took with me at roger's place. i enjoyed the team work environment and they were nice enough to help me learn other things about the job.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
we can't watch any events while on the job.
Lots of excitement
cook/server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
Everyday was a challenge dealing with customer orders and preparing their meals on time and properly. making the meals everyday helped when making meals for my two kids.
Amazing place great atmosphere
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
Fun fast paced day many customers free hockey games to watch while working free food on oilers games the staff was great and management was good
It was great working there because there was very little downtime
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2016
In enjoyed working with all walks of life, most people were pleasant and humorous. Met a lot of friends that I still keep in contact with and need to get back into the part time job situation. I am still seeking for a full time job and work part time would be great again.
Pros
Tips were great
Cons
On feet throughout the shift, short coffee break
Great People
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2016
Rexall upper staff / management are great people.
Free staff buffet every Oilers game was good too.
Wages were too low, and sometimes you have to work through your breaks..no break.
Lack of communication made working here a bit difficult also.
Pros
Free buffet
Cons
low wage
Garde Manger and Executive Suites (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2016
Enjoy working here, Learned lots at Rexall Place. Raelly Enjoyed the excietement of NHL hockey night! The chef and Sous Chefs there are very helpful with my learning.
Busy place, Friendly co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2016
intermission during the oilers games was very busy.you were non stop and all other co workers were there to help each other and it made things very easy in such a busy place. I learned that I really enjoy working in a busy environment and try and achieve my fast sales.
Enjoyable, Efficient and Energetic place to work for.
Food Prep/Stocking (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2016
Everyday was completely different because of the station changes during events, such as hockey or concerts. The events that were worked were often fast paced and hectic, however; the management were amazing and efficient which made the job manageable and fun. As a food prep, I worked in the many stations that they had which taught me to learn and mange the many tasks that I had to complete and that these tasks would change from day to day. During my time at Rexall, I learned that working can be fun and exciting as long as there is a common goal that everyone wants to complete, rather then forced completion.
Pros
Great management and outgoing co-workers.
Cons
Hectic and fast paced environment left little time to think.
not worth the time to work there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2016
Rexall dose have a fun atmosphere to work in with hockey Games and other fun events and they do offer free buffets during Oilers games how ever the food is sub par .

there are alot of cons to this place

1 u must cover all tattoos weather they are on your hand, neck, arms or anywhere else that is visible (apparently big bright blue band aids are better to look at then the tattoo underneath i can see covering something inappropriate given the family environment )

2 no facial piercings they must be removed (apparently a hole in the lip or nose or eyebrow is better looking then a nice respectable and tasteful piece of jewelry)

u are told about these guidelines during an interview but if u need the job u ether agree to comply or u keep looking

and you do not get many hours 15 hours a week if u are lucky and there is events

and if u travel by ets make sure u can make it home after 11 because they will not accommodate you my last bus out of northgate is at 11 45 and to make that bus i needed to be at the coliseum station at 10;20 to catch the bus to get to northgate on time they could not accommodate that and would have left me stranded because of this i was forced to quite only amonth in to employmant
Pros
Free dinner during oilers games
Cons
little houres, discrimantory managment
Fun.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2016
It's a fun place to work at, it's great for meeting a lot of different people and there's something new and different everyday.
Pros
Awesome Supervisors and management
Cons
Late hours
Neat job with lots oof perks
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Shipper/Porter25 February 2016
Spent 2 years prepping for Oilers, Oil Kings games as well as concerts. From receiving goods to filing away sadid goods to stocking stands and the entire arean for events. Sometimes up to 3 months straight without a day off.
Pros
Lots of perks
Cons
Edmonton is freezing
Provide food for the Edmonton oiler.
Prep cook / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton11 January 2016
maintain a clean and safe environment, meeting customer needs, iv worked for rexall place for 7 year and its a great company to work for.
Fast paced, not for older people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2016
It was not the environment for an older person. Very chaotic, rush environment with no advancement.
Co-workers were some what friendly, customers were not so.
Pros
Cons
stressful environment
hectic Schedules and no job security
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2015
Do not care about employees. They give schedules at their own convenience , do not take availability in consideration. People and staff not helpful at all.
Very Fun Workplace
Kiosk Cashier/ Kiosk Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2015
Rexall Place is actually really fun! Everyone is really really nice and the employees love working there. The management are awesome!
Pros
Fun events
Cons
Night hours
Very busy workplace, with various benefits.
Alcohol Service Team (AST) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2015
Through this work experience i learned various things; crowd control and guest services, alcohol management instructions. On game days we were fed from a buffet.
I was disgruntled with coworkers as they were untrustworthy and unreliable. Which would coincide with a difficult asset of the job along with dealing with the mass crowds of people that would fill the building regularly.