Rexall Place Employee Reviews in Canada

Enjoyable, Efficient and Energetic place to work for.
Food Prep/Stocking (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2016
Everyday was completely different because of the station changes during events, such as hockey or concerts. The events that were worked were often fast paced and hectic, however; the management were amazing and efficient which made the job manageable and fun. As a food prep, I worked in the many stations that they had which taught me to learn and mange the many tasks that I had to complete and that these tasks would change from day to day. During my time at Rexall, I learned that working can be fun and exciting as long as there is a common goal that everyone wants to complete, rather then forced completion.
Pros
Great management and outgoing co-workers.
Cons
Hectic and fast paced environment left little time to think.
Busy place, Friendly co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 20, 2016
intermission during the oilers games was very busy.you were non stop and all other co workers were there to help each other and it made things very easy in such a busy place. I learned that I really enjoy working in a busy environment and try and achieve my fast sales.
Neat job with lots oof perks
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Shipper/PorterFebruary 25, 2016
Spent 2 years prepping for Oilers, Oil Kings games as well as concerts. From receiving goods to filing away sadid goods to stocking stands and the entire arean for events. Sometimes up to 3 months straight without a day off.
Pros
Lots of perks
Cons
Edmonton is freezing
Fun.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
It's a fun place to work at, it's great for meeting a lot of different people and there's something new and different everyday.
Pros
Awesome Supervisors and management
Cons
Late hours
Fast paced, not for older people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2016
It was not the environment for an older person. Very chaotic, rush environment with no advancement.
Co-workers were some what friendly, customers were not so.
Pros
Cons
stressful environment
Provide food for the Edmonton oiler.
Prep cook / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJanuary 11, 2016
maintain a clean and safe environment, meeting customer needs, iv worked for rexall place for 7 year and its a great company to work for.
hectic Schedules and no job security
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 14, 2015
Do not care about employees. They give schedules at their own convenience , do not take availability in consideration. People and staff not helpful at all.
not worth the time to work there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2016
Rexall dose have a fun atmosphere to work in with hockey Games and other fun events and they do offer free buffets during Oilers games how ever the food is sub par .

there are alot of cons to this place

1 u must cover all tattoos weather they are on your hand, neck, arms or anywhere else that is visible (apparently big bright blue band aids are better to look at then the tattoo underneath i can see covering something inappropriate given the family environment )

2 no facial piercings they must be removed (apparently a hole in the lip or nose or eyebrow is better looking then a nice respectable and tasteful piece of jewelry)

u are told about these guidelines during an interview but if u need the job u ether agree to comply or u keep looking

and you do not get many hours 15 hours a week if u are lucky and there is events

and if u travel by ets make sure u can make it home after 11 because they will not accommodate you my last bus out of northgate is at 11 45 and to make that bus i needed to be at the coliseum station at 10;20 to catch the bus to get to northgate on time they could not accommodate that and would have left me stranded because of this i was forced to quite only amonth in to employmant
Pros
Free dinner during oilers games
Cons
little houres, discrimantory managment
Very busy workplace, with various benefits.
Alcohol Service Team (AST) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Through this work experience i learned various things; crowd control and guest services, alcohol management instructions. On game days we were fed from a buffet.
I was disgruntled with coworkers as they were untrustworthy and unreliable. Which would coincide with a difficult asset of the job along with dealing with the mass crowds of people that would fill the building regularly.
fast and at time demanding.friendly staff and customer
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 27, 2014
Bussy days are my typical day at work. I am learning how to serve customers and how to cooperate with staff. in our store it is illegal to sell beer to under 18s.our manager is very understanding person, fast and clever.my co-workers are very helpful. the hardest part of the job is knowing what we sell in the store. serving customer is what makes me happy.
Pros
work as a cashier
Cons
short hours
Part TIme Cashier
Part-Time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 5, 2015
typical work shift consists of being punctual, and always pushing personal life aside to give the best quality experience for customers. I have learned to be aware of my surroundings, communication with team mates especially if the work space is small, my co-workers are good although I do not like being switched around from concession to concession because most co-workers (which vary in age) are harder to work with

Hardest part of the job is having too stand constantly for hours, especially when your not able to take a break because of preparations for different waves of crowds (some are busier than others)

Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet all types of people, and working in a diverse environment. .
Pros
buffet for staff, uniforms, lockers, working with people from all walks of life, easy sechdules
Cons
long hours, little sitting breaks, dealing with rude customers, evening shifts
Very Fun Workplace
Kiosk Cashier/ Kiosk Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
Rexall Place is actually really fun! Everyone is really really nice and the employees love working there. The management are awesome!
Pros
Fun events
Cons
Night hours
great place to learn experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  concession standsMarch 25, 2014
A typical day at work when it gets really busy, we look for anyone smoking illegal drugs, intoxicated person(s), or if patrons are trespassing. I also find the hardest part of the job is trying to calm a patron down who is agitated or is angry towards a problem around the work place, due to they are intoxicated or on drugs. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my supervisor tells me "a job well done" or my manager tells me that I just made the work place a lot safer. Also, when demonstrating the skills of how to deal with individuals gives me the confidence I need to succeed in life. The employees I work with are a great team and that we always find ways to have fun.
Pros
great experience dealing with the public
Cons
dealing with the intoxicated patrons
A fast-pace work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2014
you have to be very quick on your feet, And you have have very good listening skills, Also you must let your manager keep tabs on you every 10 minuets.
Pros
only sometimes there is free lunch
Cons
you have to move quickly for 8 hours
Awesome place to work, and great fans.
Bar Porter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2014
My job was to restock bars, kegs, and set up and take down bars

What i learned there was team work, organization skills, and working with a lot of nice people, and great fans.

My co workers were awesome to work around and had no troubles with them.

nothing hard about the job.

everything was fun.
SUPER FUN!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 18, 2014
I had so much fun. Met a lot of interesting people, my co-workers where lots of fun and easy to get along with. I got great tips. Overall I just had a lot of fun and would work there any day again.
Fun and benefitial
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ENGMay 17, 2014
Good company with some challenging features. Helps boosts confidence where interaction with costumers is paramount.
Organized great face paced work environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 27, 2013
Worked eveings and sometimes day times
alot of events during the year not many during summer .
It is fun workplace with many different people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 1, 2013
cooperative and teamwork
seeing people happy
friendly managers
ok
sales (Former Employee) –  edmontomOctober 20, 2014
it was a good place to work I worked with a friend so it made it hard
Pros
free meals