Rexall Pharma Plus Employee Reviews in Canada

Awful to their staff and customers
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 9, 2016
This company is only focused about the bottom line. Labor metrics are insane for any busy store. Huge turnover in staffing and lack of training.

The entire management level needs to be fired for ineptitude. All management knows is to follow directions fearing being fired otherwise. Decision makes are far removed from reality.

Needs actual quality management to succeed.

Company culture is toxic, run do not work for them or get sucked in. Management likes to blame their staff for their own failures in managing. Does not fight back against insane orders that are not realistic.

Company will prey on your loyalty to your customers to perform free labor for them. This is their expected normal.

I would not work for them unless there is a mass firing of middle and upper management.

Pharmacy is about customer service, Rexall needs to relearn this lesson

Assistant hours are needed to support a pharmacist in providing Medschecks

Phoenix program is a joke and decreases efficiency. It is there to only give a reason for a 50%+ labor cut
Cons
Work Load
Pharmacy Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 27, 2016
there are some days that is very busy but I enjoyed a lot and I gained my knowledge and skills in good customer service and all the responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician.
Worst place to be employed. They NEVER acknowledge their employees' hard work and always expect too much with minimal hours.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 28, 2016
Unfortunately dedicating years of service to this place; is a huge disappointment. The so-called Regionals, LP and HO personnel walk into stores like Big Shots and snap their fingers on what needs to be done. They hardly acknowledge their employees and give 12.00 at the end of the year as a "thank you" when they have the big catered parties with give-away prices of big screen TV's etc. Hopefully being USA owned ; their employees can be treated like they do in the US; like Human Beings and not robots .
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention.
A place to expand knowledge and build experience
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ONMay 17, 2016
At the start of your shift, you begin with cleaning up anything that needs to be put away; used medication bottles or perceptions that need to be filed. Check all the garbages and make sure they are empty and if they aren't change them. In-between those tasks during your shift you are responsible for managing the cash and helping customers. Also, if the cash is clear and all customers have been helped, you are also expected to answer phone calls and complete the task at hand. Whether that be filling a perception, faxing a doctor, or just double checking something for a customer. At the beginning of the day and end, fridges need to be checked and temperatures need to be documented. If temperatures are outside the limits you are to report that to the acting pharmacist.

During my career at Rexall I learned a great deal about medications, and found my future career as a pharmacy technician. I highly recommend this job to anyone that likes a fast paces environment and enjoys customer service.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Great Company.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Rexall was one of the best places I was ever employed for, the staff was like a family, amazing boss and great atmosphere.
Pros
bennifits
Cons
can be demanding
Good Friendly Environment
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Rexall Help desk is intertwined with 5 different departments and that is what makes it a Great Learning environment too.
Great place to work!!
Keyholder/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Rexall offers a great place to work part-time. Nice people. Unionized environment which can be very beneficial. The work was simple but fast paced, there was always something to do and something to fix which kept me busy. Customer service was a big part in the work.
Pros
great staff, great benefits, employee discount
Cons
constantly cutting hours
Great Company
Front of shop cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for Rexall very much. I was ready to stay on but in the circumstances it was not able to. They were great to their employees, making sure breaks were taken as scheduled, fulfilling time off requests where possible and all the staff were very friendly to work with.
Good part-time job, fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 19, 2016
OK place to work. Part-time benefits are nice. I enjoy it as a part-time jobs but would not look into full-time as I do not believe the full time employees are paid enough.
Customer service is number one!
Store Front Clerk/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I like interacting with customers on a day to day basis and helping them in any way I can. My co-workers are like family and we get along well.
good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 10, 2016
bad location ok job
getting to downtown hamilton from stoneycreek was difficult from time to time...
just wasn't the right fit for me.
Pros
decent for the time being
Cons
location
Work environmnt could be improved if technician hours were not cut to this extent.
Relief Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Working at Rexall is getting a bit tough these days. With extensive cut in pharmacy technician hours the quality of customer service is jeopardized . Patient centered care is at stake!
Decent
Cashier and Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Didn't mind the job but don't like the fact that i had to pay $14 union dues every check when i am covered by my parents. I tried my best on the job and met great people doing so.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Not high enough salary
productive and well-organized workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONDecember 29, 2015
productive and efficient workplace, well-organized,detail orient, very nice and willing to share with team work spirit
Huge door opener for endless retail opportunities
Front Store Staff (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 13, 2015
Work environment can be fast paced, independent, or team-work orientated. Learned to operate lotteries machine, excellent customer service skills and some management responsibilities. Management seems to know what they are doing, store is in great shape and tasks given are completed. Co-workers are well mannered, easy to get along with and overall joyful to be at work. Highs and lows with customers but, that is with any retail job and there is always someone to talk to about your concerns.
Fun place to work at!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
I has a blast working there. Everyone was so friendly and always helping one another.
My co workers were awesome. Got along with everyone and everyone worked as a team.
The hardest part of the job was changing the store every month but it got better as I did it a few times.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co workers and having fun on the job working as a team and getting things done.
Everyone there always had a positive attitude and were always smiling.
Pros
Fun place to work at, co workers were very pleasant and fun to work with
Cons
Re-doing the store
ok place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONOctober 14, 2015
constantly cutting hours, barebone staff, union environment tough as you have to have sometimes the wrong people working because of wrong union. great products
normal teen job
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONMay 24, 2015
good hours boss was nice, overall glad i worked there. more words were needed so i added this sentence, but it was not enough.
Poor Moral
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 4, 2015
Wants you to work for free. Worst place I have worked in a while, run do not walk away from this employer. Not enough staff and the ones that are there are miserable. The Union, I think doesn't know what side it's on- just a mess.
Pros
Cons
Not enough staff to cover shifts, very stressful, customers have to come back many times to pick up medication because it's never ready.
Great place to work at
Cashier/Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 24, 2015
Friendly workers, understanding managers, friendly customers,.
Great environment to work in
Great training process