Rexall Pharma Plus Employee Reviews

Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 September 2017
Only worked there for 2 months but that manager was really nice and helpful, there have been changes since I've last been there. The job was good I only worked 2 nights a week so there isn't much to comment on. Average job
Great job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 September 2017
Good place o work, great employees and managers. Ideally for individuals who can work well in high paced situations. Achieving full time hours is an issue
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not enough hours
It is a productive & fast pace retail with a great team.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2017
I had the opportunity to work with 2 of our full time pharmacist as well as part time and relief pharmacists. It is a fast pace retail with productivity. We have a great teamwork. Our schedules are flexible. We enjoy employee discount. At times it can be very stressful but at the same time a fun place to work.
Pros
Flexibility of schedules, employee diacount
Cons
Stressful
Not a happy place to work.Managers are always asking too much of staff.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 September 2017
There is not enough staff ever in our store. When I left my position on 2 occasions they replaced me with 2 full time people. Doesn't seem fair. Prescription count went way down and they still kept the 2 full time people in both locations. Basically, I was burned out and got very sick.
Pros
Can't think of any, too bad.
Cons
Work 6 hrs. before you even get a lunch/dinner break??
amazing
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON6 September 2017
best work place ever, also working for a union has major benefits and i love everyone that i work with im just not getting enough hours unfortunately but the discount is amazing as well
Pros
everything
Cons
not enough hours
great company
Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2017
Scheduling, hiring, training, inventories, cashier, receiver, in charge of payroll, merchandising, ordering, complete all bank deposits, quality control
Pros
good quality of life
Cons
Great staff at most locations
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON24 August 2017
Corporate management was very cookie-cutter oriented and did not make allowances for individual locations to cater to their customers or circumstances. A good career for staff being unionized. For store management too many hours per week required to complete tasks required .
Fast Pace Retail
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Rexall is a big and well known company. It has a pharmacy and a customer friendly environment. A very competitive and a fast pace retail company. Good benefits too.
corporation
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 August 2017
Very demanding, disturbingly rude and unprofessional and unkind. Never any reward for going above and beyond.

Management unappreciative and unapologetic.
Pros
rate
Cons
work stress, hours, work without a tech
Terrible don't waste your time!
Front shop (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 August 2017
Disorganized management and company. Negative environment, high turnover. Constantly slashing hours. Not enough staff to serve customers properly or complete jobs. Management belittles employees. No place to advance. Managers turnover frequently. Overall unstable environment, high stress. Customers are nice and feel sorry for them as they are not being looked after properly.
Pros
Customers are overall very nice to deal with
Cons
So many to mention
Horrible place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON25 July 2017
They do not support their staff, they do not promote patient care. The only thing this company cares about is how much money they make. As a pharmacist you do not have any professional judgement
Okay place to work
Chashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 July 2017
Typical day at work consist of repetitive list of tasks, stock, face, tag nights, finding expired products and cashing people out. Great customers. Management are good. Great coworkers. A great part-time job for someone to learn customer service. Though our company have gone through some tough changes, there are lack of hours for part timers to gain. Still don't know what the company goals are. No full time unless you are in management. There are room to grow if retail is your career choice. Unionized work place, shifts and hours are given by senoirty, hourly pay is minimum wage, good discounts.
Pros
good discount, room to grow if you want to stick with retail.
Cons
Little hours, can not get full time unless you are in management, unionized (work shifts and hours are by senoirty)
Love my experience working here
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2017
Honestly i used to love working here with my previous 2 managers, both of them were amazing, got along perfectly with everyone at work, everyone used to work together and no one ever had to go a full day without a break or managers would buy everyone a drink, costumers are mostly and older crowed still very quiet and nice to work at ! this is all until now we got a new manager and shes not the greatest , shell have one person working on cash and floor for 9 or 10 hours running back and foth without a break. she has people closing and opening alone without backup! it has became a bad environment to work in.
benefits
Cons
new manager
unorganised company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
a company thta is not organised, doesnt have a set value and does not have a proper plan for the future. not a good salary and no hours to use in the store
Flexible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 May 2017
Working at Rexall has encouraged me to advance further into the medical field. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers and patients, and helping them especially in their time of need.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Inconsistant hours
okay work place
CASHIER/MERCHANDISING (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 May 2017
Rexall was a friendly environment the location I worked at was slow majority of times. I enjoyed working at rexall because the staff made working fun and the store manger was awesome.
Pros
the make up galas
Cons
work enviornment was slow
Rewarding workplace without much else
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  1295 Pembina hwy10 May 2017
Throughout my employment with Rexall Pharma Plus my store in particular was a revolving door of managers and assistant managers that all had their own opinions on how the job is to be effectively done.
Alongside that, the company was going through a a buyout to Mckesson (a pharmaceutical company) which resulted in major cutbacks on the retail end.
the only thing that really makes it worth it anymore is the kind and understanding clientele.

to summarize: Great if you're a part time student, but if you're seeking any kind of advancement, it's not worth your time.
Pros
Mostly positive clientele, flexible hours
Cons
Limited hours, poor SOP, zero room for advancement
A lot of work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
Rexall is a semi-decent place to work however, be prepared to work A LOT, for very little pay or recognition. The best part about working there is the discount, which is really the reason anyone stays. High turnover rates for managers and head office. Sales clerks are not only expected to assist customers on cash but are also required to complete various tasks throughout the day. You will be running back and forth, dealing with angry customers waiting, and all for minimal pay. Sounds wonderful right? Typically, I would recommend this job for a student because they are pretty flexible with your schedule but if you're at a slower location don't expect more than 12 hours a week. Overall, its a very average place to work. But i would never recommend working at the store level forever. It will drive you NUTS.
productive
Pharmacy Client Representative -Mississauga (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2017
good work environment.
friendly staff
management is good
great salary
Team leads are good
full 1 hour lunches not paid
meeting targets
meetings
working as a call centre
Good co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2017
Much like any place you work at, you tend to meet people you like and those you dislike. I liked my co-workers and management (for the most part) and mostly enjoyed my time there.