Rexall Pharma Plus Employee Reviews

corporation
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 August 2017
Very demanding, disturbingly rude and unprofessional and unkind. Never any reward for going above and beyond.

Management unappreciative and unapologetic.
Pros
rate
Cons
work stress, hours, work without a tech
Terrible don't waste your time!
Front shop (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 August 2017
Disorganized management and company. Negative environment, high turnover. Constantly slashing hours. Not enough staff to serve customers properly or complete jobs. Management belittles employees. No place to advance. Managers turnover frequently. Overall unstable environment, high stress. Customers are nice and feel sorry for them as they are not being looked after properly.
Pros
Customers are overall very nice to deal with
Cons
So many to mention
Horrible place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON25 July 2017
They do not support their staff, they do not promote patient care. The only thing this company cares about is how much money they make. As a pharmacist you do not have any professional judgement
Okay place to work
Chashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 July 2017
Typical day at work consist of repetitive list of tasks, stock, face, tag nights, finding expired products and cashing people out. Great customers. Management are good. Great coworkers. A great part-time job for someone to learn customer service. Though our company have gone through some tough changes, there are lack of hours for part timers to gain. Still don't know what the company goals are. No full time unless you are in management. There are room to grow if retail is your career choice. Unionized work place, shifts and hours are given by senoirty, hourly pay is minimum wage, good discounts.
Pros
good discount, room to grow if you want to stick with retail.
Cons
Little hours, can not get full time unless you are in management, unionized (work shifts and hours are by senoirty)
Love my experience working here
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2017
Honestly i used to love working here with my previous 2 managers, both of them were amazing, got along perfectly with everyone at work, everyone used to work together and no one ever had to go a full day without a break or managers would buy everyone a drink, costumers are mostly and older crowed still very quiet and nice to work at ! this is all until now we got a new manager and shes not the greatest , shell have one person working on cash and floor for 9 or 10 hours running back and foth without a break. she has people closing and opening alone without backup! it has became a bad environment to work in.
benefits
Cons
new manager
unorganised company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
a company thta is not organised, doesnt have a set value and does not have a proper plan for the future. not a good salary and no hours to use in the store
Flexible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 May 2017
Working at Rexall has encouraged me to advance further into the medical field. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers and patients, and helping them especially in their time of need.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Inconsistant hours
okay work place
CASHIER/MERCHANDISING (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 May 2017
Rexall was a friendly environment the location I worked at was slow majority of times. I enjoyed working at rexall because the staff made working fun and the store manger was awesome.
Pros
the make up galas
Cons
work enviornment was slow
Rewarding workplace without much else
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  1295 Pembina hwy10 May 2017
Throughout my employment with Rexall Pharma Plus my store in particular was a revolving door of managers and assistant managers that all had their own opinions on how the job is to be effectively done.
Alongside that, the company was going through a a buyout to Mckesson (a pharmaceutical company) which resulted in major cutbacks on the retail end.
the only thing that really makes it worth it anymore is the kind and understanding clientele.

to summarize: Great if you're a part time student, but if you're seeking any kind of advancement, it's not worth your time.
Pros
Mostly positive clientele, flexible hours
Cons
Limited hours, poor SOP, zero room for advancement
A lot of work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
Rexall is a semi-decent place to work however, be prepared to work A LOT, for very little pay or recognition. The best part about working there is the discount, which is really the reason anyone stays. High turnover rates for managers and head office. Sales clerks are not only expected to assist customers on cash but are also required to complete various tasks throughout the day. You will be running back and forth, dealing with angry customers waiting, and all for minimal pay. Sounds wonderful right? Typically, I would recommend this job for a student because they are pretty flexible with your schedule but if you're at a slower location don't expect more than 12 hours a week. Overall, its a very average place to work. But i would never recommend working at the store level forever. It will drive you NUTS.

Want to know more about Rexall Pharma Plus?

Ask a question
productive
Pharmacy Client Representative -Mississauga (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2017
good work environment.
friendly staff
management is good
great salary
Team leads are good
full 1 hour lunches not paid
meeting targets
meetings
working as a call centre
Good co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2017
Much like any place you work at, you tend to meet people you like and those you dislike. I liked my co-workers and management (for the most part) and mostly enjoyed my time there.
Productive and low-pressure environment, friendly staff members.
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 April 2017
As a store clerk at Rexall Pharma Plus, a typical day would include receiving orders, assisting the front store as a cashier, putting out merchandise, organizing and maintaining the cleanliness of the store, as well as ensuring customer satisfaction. Working at Rexall has taught me effective and appropriate customer relations, while also improving my organization and efficiency skills which I can relate to my everyday life. The hardest part of working at Rexall is the overall repetitiveness of the tasks during shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job has been learning all of the ins and outs of the store and seeing the progress that I have made in regards to merchandising and customer service.
Pros
Benefits, good management, low-pressure environment.
Cons
Repetetive tasks.
Enjoyed the atmosphere, small store environment and great clients
Cosmetics Manager (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON30 March 2017
I enjoyed my time at Rexall..I only left ,as I receive another job offer from the competition and move out of town. The clientel was always supportive for any in store events and the staff was like an extended family.
Pros
Good training, friendly and safe environment
Cons
Low wages and union
Great Place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON29 March 2017
Good management, good hours, flexible, great staff to work with. Regular customers are great to get to know. Stocking shelves, facing store, counting money.
Terrible place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2017
The pay is minimum wage and the pharmacy I worked at was understaffed. It was a lot of work for the amount of pay I was getting. I disliked the Director, he told me the training was paid, which I never received. I don't recommend this company.
Pros
Cons
Pay, work load, employees, management
Productive and fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON13 March 2017
Rexall is a fun place to work, of course there are hard days, just have to listen to the customers complaints and help make there day better. All the employees all help each other, no one talks bad.
Management is extremely incompetent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 February 2017
I received no training or work safety, apparently there's some video you're supposed to watch before they even put you on cash but I was never shown that. I was hired part-time but received on average 40 hrs a week with only one day off so technically I was full-time but received zero of the benefits. We were missing a full timer so I my manager asked me to apply. A co-worker of mine went into the email and say that they gave them the go ahead to hire me full-time but she never did either because she was lazy or wanted to keep taking advantage of me. My manager was extremely disorganised. She would receive months of advance warning of someone dropping down to part-time hours or taking a vacation and wait until the very last minute to find a replacement, get no response from other stores and then harass the staff at her store to work open to close(13 hour shifts) to compensate. Move around hours to avoid paying over-time. Customers ask often if the store is closing because the shelves are almost always empty. If you made an effort to clean the store and make it look presentable she would scold you. I was fired after asking my manager if she could schedule me part-time hours since I was hired as such.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Incompetent management
Gained experience
registered Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON15 February 2017
Very busy pharmacy (1600+ scripts per week)
Worked there for about 6 & 1/2 years
Gained experience to help me with my career for the future
Excellent staff to work with
hours are horrible
Closer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 January 2017
It use to be a great company to work for but some changes everyone have noticed is lack of hours for staff making the management exhausted and working overtime to achieve goals that are hard to do. Management usually spends close to 50 hours per week there and doesn't get paid for it. You have no life at home or outside of work at all because the hours got cut to the extreme. Its not just one week it is every week.
Pros
great staff in the store
Cons
hours are horrible you cant plan anything no activities or school to do with this job.