Rexall Pharma Plus Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON13 March 2017
Rexall is a fun place to work, of course there are hard days, just have to listen to the customers complaints and help make there day better. All the employees all help each other, no one talks bad.
Management is extremely incompetent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 February 2017
I received no training or work safety, apparently there's some video you're supposed to watch before they even put you on cash but I was never shown that. I was hired part-time but received on average 40 hrs a week with only one day off so technically I was full-time but received zero of the benefits. We were missing a full timer so I my manager asked me to apply. A co-worker of mine went into the email and say that they gave them the go ahead to hire me full-time but she never did either because she was lazy or wanted to keep taking advantage of me. My manager was extremely disorganised. She would receive months of advance warning of someone dropping down to part-time hours or taking a vacation and wait until the very last minute to find a replacement, get no response from other stores and then harass the staff at her store to work open to close(13 hour shifts) to compensate. Move around hours to avoid paying over-time. Customers ask often if the store is closing because the shelves are almost always empty. If you made an effort to clean the store and make it look presentable she would scold you. I was fired after asking my manager if she could schedule me part-time hours since I was hired as such.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Incompetent management
Gained experience
registered Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON15 February 2017
Very busy pharmacy (1600+ scripts per week)
Worked there for about 6 & 1/2 years
Gained experience to help me with my career for the future
Excellent staff to work with
hours are horrible
Closer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 January 2017
It use to be a great company to work for but some changes everyone have noticed is lack of hours for staff making the management exhausted and working overtime to achieve goals that are hard to do. Management usually spends close to 50 hours per week there and doesn't get paid for it. You have no life at home or outside of work at all because the hours got cut to the extreme. Its not just one week it is every week.
Pros
great staff in the store
Cons
hours are horrible you cant plan anything no activities or school to do with this job.
Its Ok
Pharmacy Assistant and Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
It depends on how your manager would give you a task.
the more you know how things work on a store the more work and it also depends on where the store is located.

I have been to different store wherein the busy hours is seasonal and some stores that are naturallly busy.

Overall working in this setting is good if your needing money or your currently at school but its not really for a career
Pros
Not much too think
Cons
Late hours, sometimes no time for break
One of the worst companies to work for
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2016
Constant pressure for pharmacists to generate dollars from pharmacy services otherwise if not enough money raised through these services over time the company may take job action against their pharmacists. Not enough bodies to cover a typical day serving customers. Cutbacks from various programs in the front and back has made it difficult to serve customers at many locations. Many customers have decided to take their business elsewhere as a result.
Many pharmacists and technicians and store managers have left. Some part timers have no hours and are having to find hours from other stores. The overall morale at many stores is not good. Upper management is more interested in the bottom line than ensuring good customer service.
Pros
staff discount, staff in general
Cons
everything else
Great Pharmacy Team
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 November 2016
Collaborative, and enthusiastic team members. From processing and filling prescriptions, to counselling patients on medications and life style issues, we do it all!
Easy Part-Time
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 October 2016
Rexall is a good place for part-time work providing benefits after 3 years of part time employment. customers can be difficult but management is helpful.
A Great Place to Work!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB5 October 2016
Great Work-Life Balance, This corporate company enforces a really good Work-Life Balance program for anyone who needs it's!
Fun and helthy environment to work in
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON13 August 2016
Over the years working at Rexall Pharma Plus I have learned many useful things in my everyday life as well as my work life. The two most valuable things I have learned are team work and time management skills. A typical day at work starts off with my co-works and I coming in I prepare all the cash’s, count the safe and do all the morning paper work. Once that is done I receive all of the skids and totes that come through the back door which sometimes gets interrupted by voids, refunds and customer questions. I deal with all the orders that need to be placed and do planograms to keep the store updated. I have to ensure all tasks from our task manager is preformed daily from head office. On some days I assist in Pharmacy counting pills and preparing prescriptions for customers. I also assist in Cosmetics helping customers with questions and recommendations. Over all my day consists of making sure all customers leave satisfied and happy with the service they receive from the moment they walk in the door to the moment they walk out.
Pros
Hearing feed back from customers on how satisfied they are with the service they recieve
Cons
Not enough staff
Enjoyed working with customers
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2016
There is a lot of work load and not enough hours provided to accomplish daily work. Very supportive coworkers and enjoyed working with people. I love working in cosmetics.
Pros
I love working in cosmetics
Cons
Calling the clients for promotions because of no email system
Hated Every Minute Of It.
Student Cashier (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON2 August 2016
I was absolutely miserable working at Rexall in Smiths Falls.

I would get about 1 four hour shift every 2 weeks, and wouldn't know my schedule for the week until the Monday before the week started (so I'd have to go in on Monday to see if I was working the next day/rest of the week).

They didn't start putting money into my bank account until 2 months of me working there, and I didn't have a proper uniform until 3 months of working there.

If i was to make a small mistake (ie. put a transaction in as cash instead of card) it was like the whole world was going to fall apart. My boss would loose her mind, and by the next day the rest of the employee's would be bothering me about it as well.

Rexall is also discriminatory. The employees are made to follow around customers who have hoodies on and backpacks, as well as young women with strollers because "apparently" they WILL ABSOLUTELY steal something.

I would literally feel sick before going to work because I was so terrified of being yelled at and criticized. And I was only 14 when working there. I was still a kid!

If you hate yourself go work for Rexall.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Awful to their staff and customers
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 July 2016
This company is only focused about the bottom line. Labor metrics are insane for any busy store. Huge turnover in staffing and lack of training.

The entire management level needs to be fired for ineptitude. All management knows is to follow directions fearing being fired otherwise. Decision makes are far removed from reality.

Needs actual quality management to succeed.

Company culture is toxic, run do not work for them or get sucked in. Management likes to blame their staff for their own failures in managing. Does not fight back against insane orders that are not realistic.

Company will prey on your loyalty to your customers to perform free labor for them. This is their expected normal.

I would not work for them unless there is a mass firing of middle and upper management.

Pharmacy is about customer service, Rexall needs to relearn this lesson

Assistant hours are needed to support a pharmacist in providing Medschecks

Phoenix program is a joke and decreases efficiency. It is there to only give a reason for a 50%+ labor cut
Cons
Work Load
Pharmacy Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 June 2016
there are some days that is very busy but I enjoyed a lot and I gained my knowledge and skills in good customer service and all the responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician.
Worst place to be employed. They NEVER acknowledge their employees' hard work and always expect too much with minimal hours.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 May 2016
Unfortunately dedicating years of service to this place; is a huge disappointment. The so-called Regionals, LP and HO personnel walk into stores like Big Shots and snap their fingers on what needs to be done. They hardly acknowledge their employees and give 12.00 at the end of the year as a "thank you" when they have the big catered parties with give-away prices of big screen TV's etc. Hopefully being USA owned ; their employees can be treated like they do in the US; like Human Beings and not robots .
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention.
A place to expand knowledge and build experience
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ON17 May 2016
At the start of your shift, you begin with cleaning up anything that needs to be put away; used medication bottles or perceptions that need to be filed. Check all the garbages and make sure they are empty and if they aren't change them. In-between those tasks during your shift you are responsible for managing the cash and helping customers. Also, if the cash is clear and all customers have been helped, you are also expected to answer phone calls and complete the task at hand. Whether that be filling a perception, faxing a doctor, or just double checking something for a customer. At the beginning of the day and end, fridges need to be checked and temperatures need to be documented. If temperatures are outside the limits you are to report that to the acting pharmacist.

During my career at Rexall I learned a great deal about medications, and found my future career as a pharmacy technician. I highly recommend this job to anyone that likes a fast paces environment and enjoys customer service.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Great Company.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 February 2016
Rexall was one of the best places I was ever employed for, the staff was like a family, amazing boss and great atmosphere.
Pros
bennifits
Cons
can be demanding
Good Friendly Environment
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2016
Rexall Help desk is intertwined with 5 different departments and that is what makes it a Great Learning environment too.
Great place to work!!
Keyholder/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2016
Rexall offers a great place to work part-time. Nice people. Unionized environment which can be very beneficial. The work was simple but fast paced, there was always something to do and something to fix which kept me busy. Customer service was a big part in the work.
Pros
great staff, great benefits, employee discount
Cons
constantly cutting hours
Great Company
Front of shop cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 February 2016
I enjoyed working for Rexall very much. I was ready to stay on but in the circumstances it was not able to. They were great to their employees, making sure breaks were taken as scheduled, fulfilling time off requests where possible and all the staff were very friendly to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexall Pharma Plus. Our community is ready to answer.