Rexall Pharma Plus

Rexall Pharma Plus Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pharmacy Intern and Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Regina, SkSeptember 17, 2014
Manager was helpful.
Short hours
Managable workload
Co-workers nice
Nice peaceful Location
Good Co-workers and Management
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2014
If you want to gain work experience this is a good company to start.
superior customer service
customer service (Current Employee), ajaxAugust 28, 2014
I an a very friendly person, i create a happy environment with my colleages yet not mixing work with pleasure as I priorotise work and its duties and finish chores in a timely manner. I believe in customer service as number 1 rule in order to build a business , so I often would greet customers on entry if I am at the front entrance, and also acnowledge – more... them in store assisting them when needed. I am the team leader however, in order to become this I beleive in being a great team player. – less
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 23, 2014
Nice people and I had a good time working with rexall company
A great place to work part-time with several benefits
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 28, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, pension
Cons: advancement opportunities
Rexall offers a great place to work part-time. There are three different departments to work in so you can gain a lot of experience and are rarely bored. Part-time employees are compensated very well in terms of pay, benefits, and pension. It is a unionized environment which can be very beneficial but can also sometimes pose problems for advancement.
Great People
POSTAL CLERK, SALES REP. AND DESIGNATE MANAGER (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 18, 2014
Pros: management is approachable, closed on christmas, easy to get time off
Cons: there can be a lot of standing still with nothing to do, minimum wage
The people and management are amazing and the biggest reason I love this place.

The work was simple but fast paced, there was always something to do and something to fix which kept me busy. Customer service was a big part in the work, other than that we'd keep the store clean and manageable. Sometimes there would be a 'Plano-gram' which meant completely – more... re-merchandising specific sections of shelving.

I'd say I learned better time management, patience, and even how to handle important situations better than I'd previously known. I was hired to be trained in the Post Office, it was the first time anyone trained me for a position better than general sales person just because they wanted to. I felt important and necessary, that they wanted me to be better and so I gave them better.

Co-workers, as I mentioned, have been spectacular. There are always bumps in the road but this store has done well enough that I hardly even remember anything bumpy. Management is the same way, I respect them and in several cases really care about them.

The hardest part of the job is the monotony, I like to learn new things so I keep pushing to know. Sure, no two days are exactly the same with customer service but you can generally guess as to what's going to happen.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. My co-workers and many of the customers have been nothing but incredible. People get along and work together at Rexall and I appreciate the amount of support and care everyone puts into it. – less
Great interactions with customers
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee), High River, ABJuly 17, 2014
Pros: paid birthday off, and employee discount cards
Cons: poor pay and benefits, and a feel that head office does not care much about their empoyees.
Great chances to interact with customers and awesome co workers. However, I find Rexall to be a company in which there is little room for advancement, and there is a definite feeling that management and head office don't care much for the employees who work the sales floor. The benefits are poor, and the pay is not much better. They don't pay more for – more... more responsibility - what I mean is that a key holder get paid the same as a part time or full time worker (depending on whether they are full or part time) and are not compensated for taking on more responsibility within the company. Head office is very motivated by sales and profit and store employees seem to suffer more often than not because of this.
I did learn many things while working at Rexall about office work and customer service. – less
Working experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Yonge and MelroseJune 6, 2014
A day to day work in the store, dealing with daily freight ordered previous day, management is fair, co workers are easy to deal with, hardest part is to travel from my place to the store location, what enjoy me most is the employees discount card
Stay away from this employer - You'd regret working for these guys
Pharmacy manager (Former Employee), Vancouver islandMay 15, 2014
Pros: hard to find one
Cons: hard not to find one
As a staff/pharmacist pharmacy manager you're expected for many stores to work 12 hours straight with no designated lunch break. Minimum technician staffing, and escalating targets and expectations. Poor leadership and executives management, most of whom never set foot inside a dispensary ever. No compensation for any extra time you spend (They don't – more... pay overtime), even when the work conditions and the poor staffing necessitates additional hours. They would do anything to steal your hard earned bonus and as someone who has been in approved medical leave I have yet to receive a single medical leave payments that I was entitled to as a full-time employee with benefits. They are extremely good at playing games with their benefits adjudicator Acclaim in order to impede and prevent payments.

You'll be pushed hard to do medication review, and I mean really hard. To the point where you'd be expected to almost create them out of thin air. Most of the medication reviews done in Rexall fall below ODP/pharmacare standards, and as a company they show little interest in making sure that they do. In fact, with the minimal staffing provided it is almost certain that most MR fall below accepted standards as it would be impossible for the pharmacist to find sufficient time with the multitude of other tasks and all the programs they keep inventing.

In short, don't ever work for this poorly managed company unless you're really desperate and have no other choice. If you're not that desperate, stay away and find a worthy employer who'd appreciate your effort, respect your time and treat you as professional with dignity. – less
A great place to work
Front Shop Supervisor (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at Pharma Plus is very fast paced. Whether we are assisting customers with inquiries, ordering products or completing daily paperwork, time management is an asset. I have learned great customer service skills including how to handle difficult situations while ensuring the customer leaves satisfied. I have also built strong leadership skills – more... as well as become respected by my peers. The hardest part of the this job would be compensating for those who lack the drive or desire to do more than just the minimum. However, the main 5 team members are very close and we constantly encourage and support each other. – less
Keyholding
KEY HOLDER, Customer Service (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Becoming a keyholder was a great opportunity to be apart of the managerial aspect of working a part time. I enjoyed all my co workers as well as managers!
A good exposure to pharmacy field
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: employers were handy
Cons: less opportunity for future
I learned a lot of discipline, management skills that would definitely help me in my future.
Rexall Pharma is a Perfect place to work.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 2, 2013
I got my first experience as a student placement at Rexall Pharma. My experience was excellent.
Great place to work if you want to keep busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Haliburton, ONMay 20, 2013
A typical day here would be mainly running my cash. This Rexall is one of the main shops in town, so it was always busy.

The hardest part of the job was having to stand behind your cash for hours, due to the amount of customers who came in.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people day in and day out.
Enjoyable Workplace Setting
Keyholder/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2013
This job offered me many different opportunities to learn in the sales field. I succeeded with customer service as well as getting a promotion to keyholder.
Best Pharmacy team around
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 16, 2013
Pros: hours of operation are great. pharmacy team makes me feel at home. steady flow of customers.
Cons: corporation is always trying to make cutbacks, front store manager can be difficult at times, that's all.
Our pharmacy team is awesome.
Hours are okay.
I have learned a vast variety of pharmacy procedures and protocols as well as the overall process of how a pharmacy functions.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people by bettering their quality of life through our pharmacy networks
Great place to work at!
CASHIER (Former Employee), Orillia, ONNovember 3, 2012
I really enjoyed working with the Rexall company. Not only was I respected as and employee but also as a person with a life outside of my job. The people I worked with were great and I enjoyed getting to know my regular customers. An overall great employment experience.
place is kind of old so theres always dust everywhere and problem with ventilation. In terms of the job and co-workers it was okay
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: benefits for part timers
Cons: very short hours
I mostly worked at the cashier but I get to work on the floor sometimes. I enjoyed meeting different people everyday and talking to them and assisting them. I also worked well with my co-workers and my manager. My only problem is they don't give enough hours to the part timers.
Dedicated and loyal
Store Manager (Current Employee), torontoSeptember 24, 2012
Every day is a new one. Staff are always learning. Customers that smile and happy is what we strive for.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Sales Associate and Cosmetics (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 14, 2012
I liked working here very fast pased and I loved my co workers they were great our manager was always changing