Rexall Pharma Plus

Rexall Pharma Plus Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great People
POSTAL CLERK, SALES REP. AND DESIGNATE MANAGER (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 18, 2014
Pros: management is approachable, closed on christmas, easy to get time off
Cons: there can be a lot of standing still with nothing to do, minimum wage
The people and management are amazing and the biggest reason I love this place.

The work was simple but fast paced, there was always something to do and something to fix which kept me busy. Customer service was a big part in the work, other than that we'd keep the store clean and manageable. Sometimes there would be a 'Plano-gram' which meant completely – more... re-merchandising specific sections of shelving.

I'd say I learned better time management, patience, and even how to handle important situations better than I'd previously known. I was hired to be trained in the Post Office, it was the first time anyone trained me for a position better than general sales person just because they wanted to. I felt important and necessary, that they wanted me to be better and so I gave them better.

Co-workers, as I mentioned, have been spectacular. There are always bumps in the road but this store has done well enough that I hardly even remember anything bumpy. Management is the same way, I respect them and in several cases really care about them.

The hardest part of the job is the monotony, I like to learn new things so I keep pushing to know. Sure, no two days are exactly the same with customer service but you can generally guess as to what's going to happen.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. My co-workers and many of the customers have been nothing but incredible. People get along and work together at Rexall and I appreciate the amount of support and care everyone puts into it. – less
Great interactions with customers
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee), High River, ABJuly 17, 2014
Pros: paid birthday off, and employee discount cards
Cons: poor pay and benefits, and a feel that head office does not care much about their empoyees.
Great chances to interact with customers and awesome co workers. However, I find Rexall to be a company in which there is little room for advancement, and there is a definite feeling that management and head office don't care much for the employees who work the sales floor. The benefits are poor, and the pay is not much better. They don't pay more for – more... more responsibility - what I mean is that a key holder get paid the same as a part time or full time worker (depending on whether they are full or part time) and are not compensated for taking on more responsibility within the company. Head office is very motivated by sales and profit and store employees seem to suffer more often than not because of this.
I did learn many things while working at Rexall about office work and customer service. – less
Working experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Yonge and MelroseJune 6, 2014
A day to day work in the store, dealing with daily freight ordered previous day, management is fair, co workers are easy to deal with, hardest part is to travel from my place to the store location, what enjoy me most is the employees discount card
Stay away from this employer - You'd regret working for these guys
Pharmacy manager (Former Employee), Vancouver islandMay 15, 2014
Pros: hard to find one
Cons: hard not to find one
As a staff/pharmacist pharmacy manager you're expected for many stores to work 12 hours straight with no designated lunch break. Minimum technician staffing, and escalating targets and expectations. Poor leadership and executives management, most of whom never set foot inside a dispensary ever. No compensation for any extra time you spend (They don't – more... pay overtime), even when the work conditions and the poor staffing necessitates additional hours. They would do anything to steal your hard earned bonus and as someone who has been in approved medical leave I have yet to receive a single medical leave payments that I was entitled to as a full-time employee with benefits. They are extremely good at playing games with their benefits adjudicator Acclaim in order to impede and prevent payments.

You'll be pushed hard to do medication review, and I mean really hard. To the point where you'd be expected to almost create them out of thin air. Most of the medication reviews done in Rexall fall below ODP/pharmacare standards, and as a company they show little interest in making sure that they do. In fact, with the minimal staffing provided it is almost certain that most MR fall below accepted standards as it would be impossible for the pharmacist to find sufficient time with the multitude of other tasks and all the programs they keep inventing.

In short, don't ever work for this poorly managed company unless you're really desperate and have no other choice. If you're not that desperate, stay away and find a worthy employer who'd appreciate your effort, respect your time and treat you as professional with dignity. – less
A great place to work
Front Shop Supervisor (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at Pharma Plus is very fast paced. Whether we are assisting customers with inquiries, ordering products or completing daily paperwork, time management is an asset. I have learned great customer service skills including how to handle difficult situations while ensuring the customer leaves satisfied. I have also built strong leadership skills – more... as well as become respected by my peers. The hardest part of the this job would be compensating for those who lack the drive or desire to do more than just the minimum. However, the main 5 team members are very close and we constantly encourage and support each other. – less
Keyholding
KEY HOLDER, Customer Service (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Becoming a keyholder was a great opportunity to be apart of the managerial aspect of working a part time. I enjoyed all my co workers as well as managers!
A good exposure to pharmacy field
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: employers were handy
Cons: less opportunity for future
I learned a lot of discipline, management skills that would definitely help me in my future.
Great place to work if you want to keep busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Haliburton, ONMay 20, 2013
A typical day here would be mainly running my cash. This Rexall is one of the main shops in town, so it was always busy.

The hardest part of the job was having to stand behind your cash for hours, due to the amount of customers who came in.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people day in and day out.
Enjoyable Workplace Setting
Keyholder/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2013
This job offered me many different opportunities to learn in the sales field. I succeeded with customer service as well as getting a promotion to keyholder.
Best Pharmacy team around
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 16, 2013
Pros: hours of operation are great. pharmacy team makes me feel at home. steady flow of customers.
Cons: corporation is always trying to make cutbacks, front store manager can be difficult at times, that's all.
Our pharmacy team is awesome.
Hours are okay.
I have learned a vast variety of pharmacy procedures and protocols as well as the overall process of how a pharmacy functions.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people by bettering their quality of life through our pharmacy networks
Great place to work at!
CASHIER (Former Employee), Orillia, ONNovember 3, 2012
I really enjoyed working with the Rexall company. Not only was I respected as and employee but also as a person with a life outside of my job. The people I worked with were great and I enjoyed getting to know my regular customers. An overall great employment experience.
place is kind of old so theres always dust everywhere and problem with ventilation. In terms of the job and co-workers it was okay
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: benefits for part timers
Cons: very short hours
I mostly worked at the cashier but I get to work on the floor sometimes. I enjoyed meeting different people everyday and talking to them and assisting them. I also worked well with my co-workers and my manager. My only problem is they don't give enough hours to the part timers.
Dedicated and loyal
Store Manager (Current Employee), torontoSeptember 24, 2012
Every day is a new one. Staff are always learning. Customers that smile and happy is what we strive for.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Sales Associate and Cosmetics (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 14, 2012
I liked working here very fast pased and I loved my co workers they were great our manager was always changing
helped me learn many things which made me productive
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 31, 2012
Everyday is productive, because i am learning new things everyday.

Setting up everyday work targets and finishing the work on time.

Management is friendly and guides me with few tricks to make the work simple and easy.

Co-workers are really helpful and cooperative

Nothing is hard for now.

I believe everything is enjoyable as far as we love it.
WORK PLACE
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), TORONTOJune 23, 2012
Greeting customers while offering super customer service attention, taking, assembling and presenting
food orders, requesting and receiving payment, operating the cash register (Constant movement,
frequent bending and stooping)
- Cleaning in accordance to our company’s sanitary standards including but not limited to: sweeping and
mopping floors, cleaning – more... walls, tables, counters, kitchen and service equipment. Cleaning the customer
service area, removing trash, cleaning restrooms and checking the parking lot. (Frequent bending and
stooping) (Trash removal weight can be up to 25lbs.)
- Assisting new crew members in learning their new job skills
- Cooking and preparing food for sale- (Standing and constant moving)
- Deliveries; off-loading trucks, storage and movement of raw product to the work area (May lift up to
50lbs. with the assistance of a hand truck) (Frequent bending and stooping)
- Checking stock of products and insuring proper stock levels and rotation. (Moving products from
refrigerated areas or stockroom may lift up to 36lbs, product can be separated by units which will reduce
weight, frequent bending and stooping, may use a ladder)
- Checking equipment to ensure that it is in proper working order, letting the management team know if
there might be a problem
- Backing up other crew members in their jobs, assist in any area to ensure that the food is being prepared,
packaged and delivered to customer in a timely mannerCrew members should be proficient in more than one area of responsibility and may not always work the same
job function or schedule each day. – less
Interactive Workplace, friendly
Cosmetician (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONJune 14, 2012
Pros: great environment
Cons: never leave work when shift is finished, theres always one more customer needing help.
As full time Cosmetician, you see many different customers throughout the day, some know exactly what they want and some in desperate need of assistance. The best part is when you see that the help you have given has made them so happy.
Retail pharmacy Buiseness operator experience in India
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Toronto,ONJune 2, 2012
• Counsel patients on prescription and OTC products
• Receive prescription orders in person and by telephone (for refills)
• Entering prescriptions for dispensing into the Nexsys system.
• Responsible for receiving, verifying and signing incoming orders. Maintained records for incoming narcotics and controlled drugs
• Cash register and associated documentation
 – more... Responsible for preparation, dispensing, packaging and storage of pharmaceuticals
• Responsible for retrieving, pouring, counting, weighing or mixing medication, and/or specialty products – less
great ordering system
Assistant Manager/Manager In Training (Former Employee), Eastern OntarioApril 26, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours, incentive not available at all stores, no choice which store you can work at, too many nights
They play with people's lives
Why have some benefits if they don't approve them
Unapproved Dr.'s notes
They think of compassion leave as time off
Put in for vacation months in advance no answer
Some managers get whole summer off so that's leaves no summer holidays for some assistants
Called in on days off no compensation
Called in early, stay late no – more... compensation
Incentive program does not make up for extra hours
Managers can schedule assistant managers 4 and 5 nights
If I ever hear a Regional Director say it is what it is again it will be way too soon. How unprofessional. Just answer the question like a professional.
Write up all managers as soon as they can so they have something over their head. So they can walk in anytime and let them go. Managers walking on egg shells. Not one manager that I know of is happy with this company. But they have so many years in they don't want to rock the boat. Unhappy employees hurt sales.
Very poor training for Assistant Managers when Managers won't let them do certain things as in office work. – less
Interact with customers, cosmetics consultation, cleaning, organizing
Cosmetics Attendant/ Floor Staff (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 20, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, great staff
Cons: full time pay
I typically begin the day by reviewing my assignment sheet. I then usually put out overstock and begin cleaning the cosmetics area in different forms and fashions every week depending on what is needed. I also attend to customer needs and questions, and provide advice.
I have learned to be a caring and efficient customer service representative and I – more... learn more and more about cosmetics every shift.
The managers are very hard working and knowledgable. I almost hardly ever see them get a break! Their work ethic is admirable, and they work well with their coworkers.
My coworkers are great. They vary in age but most are very enthusiastic and hard working. Working with them is a pleasure.
The hardest part of the job is is probably keeping up with really heavy customer flow, but I always find it manageable. It can get hectic when you have a long lineup, have to answer phone calls and give advice to other customers at the same time! But everything ends up well.
The most enjoyable part for me is interacting with customers, my coworkers, and cleaning. – less