Rexall Pharma Plus

Rexall Pharma Plus Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
normal teen job
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONMay 24, 2015
good hours boss was nice, overall glad i worked there. more words were needed so i added this sentence, but it was not enough.
Poor Moral
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Not enough staff to cover shifts, very stressful, customers have to come back many times to pick up medication because it's never ready.
Wants you to work for free. Worst place I have worked in a while, run do not walk away from this employer. Not enough staff and the ones that are there are miserable. The Union, I think doesn't know what side it's on- just a mess.
Great place to work at
Cashier/Cosmetician (Current Employee), Milton, ONApril 24, 2015
Friendly workers, understanding managers, friendly customers,.
Great environment to work in
Great training process
Slow place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short hours, not many shifts, not very bust
My experience at Rexall was good the management did their best to work my schedule around school. In the end I ended up with maybe 8 hours a week and they time there was slow.
Fast paced work environment
Front Store Manager/Pharmacy Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: reasonable break time
Cons: no benefit, short hours
Biomatrix attendance before starting to operate the cash register. Making sure the store is clean. Serve customer to cash out. Must have excellent customer service in order for the customer to patronize the store.
Great place to visit.....
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: working with a variety of people
Cons: ratio of distribution of workload to number of staff
In my average day, beginning at 8 a.m. the first order of business was to clear out the back room of assorted debris from the shift of the night before. This was a fair sized drug store and as such, large deliveries were a daily affair. Then, time permitting, go over the sales floor to ensure that we were well faced and the displayers were not obtrusive, while at the same time, keeping an eye on sale signage, to assure correct savings were marked. The orders would come in throughout the day, I would unload the goods from skids, onto carts and into the back room, where I would go over the delivery, and cross check with the invoices. Once that was done, I would place the goods on carts and wheel the cart to the sales floor and replenish the shelves. It was also my lot to help customers with any questions they would have or help, if they needed it. I was also a back up cashier and was responsible for securing the store from thieves and other undesirables. I suppose I learned something to do with patience. This is key in working with the public and also in general, working with all sorts of different people and adjusting to their levels, or strengths. I most enjoyed helping people through what can feel like the task of shopping, and trying to assist as well as enlighten.
Positive atmosphere for employees and management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: fun workers and customers
I really enjoy my job at Rexall, but want to make further advancements in experience and work ethics. The people (managers and coworkers) were always helpful and supportive throughout my experience. It helped me to learn from my mistakes and become an active questioner. The best part was location to my house, which was very close, and almost always looking forward to my shift. I rarely felt uncomfortable, which helped me develop great work skills.
Excellent!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wallaceburg, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: can't think of a single one
Rexall is a great place to work, they care about their people. They have great competitive wage.
Big Company Great exposure
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2014
Working in a store with more than 200 prescription a day is a great opportunity to learn and practise. Highly professional and operationally very efficient.
rexall in medical arts
Store Clerk (Former Employee), winnipegDecember 1, 2014
I love working in Rexall medical arts y stay there is fun and enriching.
fast pace, fun, productive place to work
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Pembroke ONOctober 10, 2014
Pros: empoyees get items at store cost, benefits.
Cons: repetitive work
i really enjoyed my job at rexall; working there i met a lot of great new people; who were always willing to lend a helping hand. it was also while working cash here that i was convinced to take the cosmetics course to not only help out the store but to give me something other then high school. Union was great; and the hours were manageable.
Pharmacy Intern and Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Regina, SkSeptember 17, 2014
Manager was helpful.
Short hours
Managable workload
Co-workers nice
Nice peaceful Location
Good Co-workers and Management
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2014
If you want to gain work experience this is a good company to start.
superior customer service
customer service (Current Employee), ajaxAugust 28, 2014
I an a very friendly person, i create a happy environment with my colleages yet not mixing work with pleasure as I priorotise work and its duties and finish chores in a timely manner. I believe in customer service as number 1 rule in order to build a business , so I often would greet customers on entry if I am at the front entrance, and also acnowledge them in store assisting them when needed. I am the team leader however, in order to become this I beleive in being a great team player.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 23, 2014
Nice people and I had a good time working with rexall company
Company focused on expanded patient focused services
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Rexall Pharma PlusAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great staff, great benefits, great salary, new stores
Cons: long hours, demanding, no work/life balance
Demanding company to work for.
Want several medchecks completed per day (10-20).
No pharmacist overlap.
Working 13-14 hour shifts on several consecutive days.
Excellent technician staff.
Excellent patients.
A great place to work part-time with several benefits
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 28, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, pension
Cons: advancement opportunities
Rexall offers a great place to work part-time. There are three different departments to work in so you can gain a lot of experience and are rarely bored. Part-time employees are compensated very well in terms of pay, benefits, and pension. It is a unionized environment which can be very beneficial but can also sometimes pose problems for advancement.
Great People
POSTAL CLERK, SALES REP. AND DESIGNATE MANAGER (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 18, 2014
Pros: management is approachable, closed on christmas, easy to get time off
Cons: there can be a lot of standing still with nothing to do, minimum wage
The people and management are amazing and the biggest reason I love this place.

The work was simple but fast paced, there was always something to do and something to fix which kept me busy. Customer service was a big part in the work, other than that we'd keep the store clean and manageable. Sometimes there would be a 'Plano-gram' which meant completely re-merchandising specific sections of shelving.

I'd say I learned better time management, patience, and even how to handle important situations better than I'd previously known. I was hired to be trained in the Post Office, it was the first time anyone trained me for a position better than general sales person just because they wanted to. I felt important and necessary, that they wanted me to be better and so I gave them better.

Co-workers, as I mentioned, have been spectacular. There are always bumps in the road but this store has done well enough that I hardly even remember anything bumpy. Management is the same way, I respect them and in several cases really care about them.

The hardest part of the job is the monotony, I like to learn new things so I keep pushing to know. Sure, no two days are exactly the same with customer service but you can generally guess as to what's going to happen.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. My co-workers and many of the customers have been nothing but incredible. People get along and work together at Rexall and I appreciate the amount of support and care everyone puts into it.
Great interactions with customers
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee), High River, ABJuly 17, 2014
Pros: paid birthday off, and employee discount cards
Cons: poor pay and benefits, and a feel that head office does not care much about their empoyees.
Great chances to interact with customers and awesome co workers. However, I find Rexall to be a company in which there is little room for advancement, and there is a definite feeling that management and head office don't care much for the employees who work the sales floor. The benefits are poor, and the pay is not much better. They don't pay more for more responsibility - what I mean is that a key holder get paid the same as a part time or full time worker (depending on whether they are full or part time) and are not compensated for taking on more responsibility within the company. Head office is very motivated by sales and profit and store employees seem to suffer more often than not because of this.
I did learn many things while working at Rexall about office work and customer service.
Stay away from this employer - You'd regret working for these guys
Pharmacy manager (Former Employee), Vancouver islandMay 15, 2014
Pros: hard to find one
Cons: hard not to find one
As a staff/pharmacist pharmacy manager you're expected for many stores to work 12 hours straight with no designated lunch break. Minimum technician staffing, and escalating targets and expectations. Poor leadership and executives management, most of whom never set foot inside a dispensary ever. No compensation for any extra time you spend (They don't pay overtime), even when the work conditions and the poor staffing necessitates additional hours. They would do anything to steal your hard earned bonus and as someone who has been in approved medical leave I have yet to receive a single medical leave payments that I was entitled to as a full-time employee with benefits. They are extremely good at playing games with their benefits adjudicator Acclaim in order to impede and prevent payments.

You'll be pushed hard to do medication review, and I mean really hard. To the point where you'd be expected to almost create them out of thin air. Most of the medication reviews done in Rexall fall below ODP/pharmacare standards, and as a company they show little interest in making sure that they do. In fact, with the minimal staffing provided it is almost certain that most MR fall below accepted standards as it would be impossible for the pharmacist to find sufficient time with the multitude of other tasks and all the programs they keep inventing.

In short, don't ever work for this poorly managed company unless you're really desperate and have no other choice. If you're not that desperate, stay away and find a worthy employer who'd appreciate your effort, respect your time and treat you as professional with dignity.