Rexall Pharma Plus Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work!!
Keyholder/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Rexall offers a great place to work part-time. Nice people. Unionized environment which can be very beneficial. The work was simple but fast paced, there was always something to do and something to fix which kept me busy. Customer service was a big part in the work.
Pros
great staff, great benefits, employee discount
Cons
constantly cutting hours
Good part-time job, fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 19, 2016
OK place to work. Part-time benefits are nice. I enjoy it as a part-time jobs but would not look into full-time as I do not believe the full time employees are paid enough.
Decent
Cashier and Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Didn't mind the job but don't like the fact that i had to pay $14 union dues every check when i am covered by my parents. I tried my best on the job and met great people doing so.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Not high enough salary
Worst place to be employed. They NEVER acknowledge their employees' hard work and always expect too much with minimal hours.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 28, 2016
Unfortunately dedicating years of service to this place; is a huge disappointment. The so-called Regionals, LP and HO personnel walk into stores like Big Shots and snap their fingers on what needs to be done. They hardly acknowledge their employees and give 12.00 at the end of the year as a "thank you" when they have the big catered parties with give-away prices of big screen TV's etc. Hopefully being USA owned ; their employees can be treated like they do in the US; like Human Beings and not robots .
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention.
A place to expand knowledge and build experience
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ONMay 17, 2016
At the start of your shift, you begin with cleaning up anything that needs to be put away; used medication bottles or perceptions that need to be filed. Check all the garbages and make sure they are empty and if they aren't change them. In-between those tasks during your shift you are responsible for managing the cash and helping customers. Also, if the cash is clear and all customers have been helped, you are also expected to answer phone calls and complete the task at hand. Whether that be filling a perception, faxing a doctor, or just double checking something for a customer. At the beginning of the day and end, fridges need to be checked and temperatures need to be documented. If temperatures are outside the limits you are to report that to the acting pharmacist.

During my career at Rexall I learned a great deal about medications, and found my future career as a pharmacy technician. I highly recommend this job to anyone that likes a fast paces environment and enjoys customer service.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Huge door opener for endless retail opportunities
Front Store Staff (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 13, 2015
Work environment can be fast paced, independent, or team-work orientated. Learned to operate lotteries machine, excellent customer service skills and some management responsibilities. Management seems to know what they are doing, store is in great shape and tasks given are completed. Co-workers are well mannered, easy to get along with and overall joyful to be at work. Highs and lows with customers but, that is with any retail job and there is always someone to talk to about your concerns.
Great interactions with customers
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  High River, ABJuly 17, 2014
Great chances to interact with customers and awesome co workers. However, I find Rexall to be a company in which there is little room for advancement, and there is a definite feeling that management and head office don't care much for the employees who work the sales floor. The benefits are poor, and the pay is not much better. They don't pay more for more responsibility - what I mean is that a key holder get paid the same as a part time or full time worker (depending on whether they are full or part time) and are not compensated for taking on more responsibility within the company. Head office is very motivated by sales and profit and store employees seem to suffer more often than not because of this.
I did learn many things while working at Rexall about office work and customer service.
Pros
paid birthday off, and employee discount cards
Cons
poor pay and benefits, and a feel that head office does not care much about their empoyees.
Great Company
Front of shop cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for Rexall very much. I was ready to stay on but in the circumstances it was not able to. They were great to their employees, making sure breaks were taken as scheduled, fulfilling time off requests where possible and all the staff were very friendly to work with.
Fun place to work at!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
I has a blast working there. Everyone was so friendly and always helping one another.
My co workers were awesome. Got along with everyone and everyone worked as a team.
The hardest part of the job was changing the store every month but it got better as I did it a few times.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co workers and having fun on the job working as a team and getting things done.
Everyone there always had a positive attitude and were always smiling.
Pros
Fun place to work at, co workers were very pleasant and fun to work with
Cons
Re-doing the store
Great Company.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Rexall was one of the best places I was ever employed for, the staff was like a family, amazing boss and great atmosphere.
Pros
bennifits
Cons
can be demanding
Work environmnt could be improved if technician hours were not cut to this extent.
Relief Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Working at Rexall is getting a bit tough these days. With extensive cut in pharmacy technician hours the quality of customer service is jeopardized . Patient centered care is at stake!
Good Friendly Environment
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Rexall Help desk is intertwined with 5 different departments and that is what makes it a Great Learning environment too.
Customer service is number one!
Store Front Clerk/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I like interacting with customers on a day to day basis and helping them in any way I can. My co-workers are like family and we get along well.
good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 10, 2016
bad location ok job
getting to downtown hamilton from stoneycreek was difficult from time to time...
just wasn't the right fit for me.
Pros
decent for the time being
Cons
location
great ordering system
Assistant Manager/Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Eastern OntarioApril 26, 2012
They play with people's lives
Why have some benefits if they don't approve them
Unapproved Dr.'s notes
They think of compassion leave as time off
Put in for vacation months in advance no answer
Some managers get whole summer off so that's leaves no summer holidays for some assistants
Called in on days off no compensation
Called in early, stay late no compensation
Incentive program does not make up for extra hours
Managers can schedule assistant managers 4 and 5 nights
If I ever hear a Regional Director say it is what it is again it will be way too soon. How unprofessional. Just answer the question like a professional.
Write up all managers as soon as they can so they have something over their head. So they can walk in anytime and let them go. Managers walking on egg shells. Not one manager that I know of is happy with this company. But they have so many years in they don't want to rock the boat. Unhappy employees hurt sales.
Very poor training for Assistant Managers when Managers won't let them do certain things as in office work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours, incentive not available at all stores, no choice which store you can work at, too many nights
productive and well-organized workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONDecember 29, 2015
productive and efficient workplace, well-organized,detail orient, very nice and willing to share with team work spirit
fast pace, fun, productive place to work
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke ONOctober 10, 2014
i really enjoyed my job at rexall; working there i met a lot of great new people; who were always willing to lend a helping hand. it was also while working cash here that i was convinced to take the cosmetics course to not only help out the store but to give me something other then high school. Union was great; and the hours were manageable.
Pros
empoyees get items at store cost, benefits.
Cons
repetitive work
Company focused on expanded patient focused services
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Rexall Pharma PlusAugust 8, 2014
Demanding company to work for.
Want several medchecks completed per day (10-20).
No pharmacist overlap.
Working 13-14 hour shifts on several consecutive days.
Excellent technician staff.
Excellent patients.
Pros
great staff, great benefits, great salary, new stores
Cons
long hours, demanding, no work/life balance
place is kind of old so theres always dust everywhere and problem with ventilation. In terms of the job and co-workers it was okay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
I mostly worked at the cashier but I get to work on the floor sometimes. I enjoyed meeting different people everyday and talking to them and assisting them. I also worked well with my co-workers and my manager. My only problem is they don't give enough hours to the part timers.
Pros
benefits for part timers
Cons
very short hours
ok place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONOctober 14, 2015
constantly cutting hours, barebone staff, union environment tough as you have to have sometimes the wrong people working because of wrong union. great products