Rexall Pharma Plus Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company.
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: bennifits
Cons: can be demanding
Rexall was one of the best places I was ever employed for, the staff was like a family, amazing boss and great atmosphere.
Good Friendly Environment
Help Desk Support (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Rexall Help desk is intertwined with 5 different departments and that is what makes it a Great Learning environment too.
Great place to work!!
Keyholder/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: great staff, great benefits, employee discount
Cons: constantly cutting hours
Rexall offers a great place to work part-time. Nice people. Unionized environment which can be very beneficial. The work was simple but fast paced, there was always something to do and something to fix which kept me busy. Customer service was a big part in the work.
Great Company
Front of shop cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for Rexall very much. I was ready to stay on but in the circumstances it was not able to. They were great to their employees, making sure breaks were taken as scheduled, fulfilling time off requests where possible and all the staff were very friendly to work with.
Good part-time job, fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 19, 2016
OK place to work. Part-time benefits are nice. I enjoy it as a part-time jobs but would not look into full-time as I do not believe the full time employees are paid enough.
Customer service is number one!
Store Front Clerk/Keyholder (Current Employee), Amherstburg, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I like interacting with customers on a day to day basis and helping them in any way I can. My co-workers are like family and we get along well.
good
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: decent for the time being
Cons: location
bad location ok job
getting to downtown hamilton from stoneycreek was difficult from time to time...
just wasn't the right fit for me.
Work environmnt could be improved if technician hours were not cut to this extent.
Relief Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Greater Toronto Area, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Working at Rexall is getting a bit tough these days. With extensive cut in pharmacy technician hours the quality of customer service is jeopardized . Patient centered care is at stake!
Decent
Cashier and Merchandiser (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Easy Work
Cons: Not high enough salary
Didn't mind the job but don't like the fact that i had to pay $14 union dues every check when i am covered by my parents. I tried my best on the job and met great people doing so.
productive and well-organized workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONDecember 29, 2015
productive and efficient workplace, well-organized,detail orient, very nice and willing to share with team work spirit
Huge door opener for endless retail opportunities
Front Store Staff (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 13, 2015
Work environment can be fast paced, independent, or team-work orientated. Learned to operate lotteries machine, excellent customer service skills and some management responsibilities. Management seems to know what they are doing, store is in great shape and tasks given are completed. Co-workers are well mannered, easy to get along with and overall joyful to be at work. Highs and lows with customers but, that is with any retail job and there is always someone to talk to about your concerns.
Fun place to work at!
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work at, co workers were very pleasant and fun to work with
Cons: Re-doing the store
I has a blast working there. Everyone was so friendly and always helping one another.
My co workers were awesome. Got along with everyone and everyone worked as a team.
The hardest part of the job was changing the store every month but it got better as I did it a few times.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co workers and having fun on the job working as a team and getting things done.
Everyone there always had a positive attitude and were always smiling.
ok place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 14, 2015
constantly cutting hours, barebone staff, union environment tough as you have to have sometimes the wrong people working because of wrong union. great products
normal teen job
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONMay 24, 2015
good hours boss was nice, overall glad i worked there. more words were needed so i added this sentence, but it was not enough.
Poor Moral
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Not enough staff to cover shifts, very stressful, customers have to come back many times to pick up medication because it's never ready.
Wants you to work for free. Worst place I have worked in a while, run do not walk away from this employer. Not enough staff and the ones that are there are miserable. The Union, I think doesn't know what side it's on- just a mess.
Great place to work at
Cashier/Cosmetician (Current Employee), Milton, ONApril 24, 2015
Friendly workers, understanding managers, friendly customers,.
Great environment to work in
Great training process
Slow place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short hours, not many shifts, not very bust
My experience at Rexall was good the management did their best to work my schedule around school. In the end I ended up with maybe 8 hours a week and they time there was slow.
Fast paced work environment
Front Store Manager/Pharmacy Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: reasonable break time
Cons: no benefit, short hours
Biomatrix attendance before starting to operate the cash register. Making sure the store is clean. Serve customer to cash out. Must have excellent customer service in order for the customer to patronize the store.
Great place to visit.....
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: working with a variety of people
Cons: ratio of distribution of workload to number of staff
In my average day, beginning at 8 a.m. the first order of business was to clear out the back room of assorted debris from the shift of the night before. This was a fair sized drug store and as such, large deliveries were a daily affair. Then, time permitting, go over the sales floor to ensure that we were well faced and the displayers were not obtrusive, while at the same time, keeping an eye on sale signage, to assure correct savings were marked. The orders would come in throughout the day, I would unload the goods from skids, onto carts and into the back room, where I would go over the delivery, and cross check with the invoices. Once that was done, I would place the goods on carts and wheel the cart to the sales floor and replenish the shelves. It was also my lot to help customers with any questions they would have or help, if they needed it. I was also a back up cashier and was responsible for securing the store from thieves and other undesirables. I suppose I learned something to do with patience. This is key in working with the public and also in general, working with all sorts of different people and adjusting to their levels, or strengths. I most enjoyed helping people through what can feel like the task of shopping, and trying to assist as well as enlighten.
Positive atmosphere for employees and management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: fun workers and customers
I really enjoy my job at Rexall, but want to make further advancements in experience and work ethics. The people (managers and coworkers) were always helpful and supportive throughout my experience. It helped me to learn from my mistakes and become an active questioner. The best part was location to my house, which was very close, and almost always looking forward to my shift. I rarely felt uncomfortable, which helped me develop great work skills.