Rexall Pharma Plus Employee Reviews

Easy Part-Time
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 October 2016
Rexall is a good place for part-time work providing benefits after 3 years of part time employment. customers can be difficult but management is helpful.
Awful to their staff and customers
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 July 2016
This company is only focused about the bottom line. Labor metrics are insane for any busy store. Huge turnover in staffing and lack of training.

The entire management level needs to be fired for ineptitude. All management knows is to follow directions fearing being fired otherwise. Decision makes are far removed from reality.

Needs actual quality management to succeed.

Company culture is toxic, run do not work for them or get sucked in. Management likes to blame their staff for their own failures in managing. Does not fight back against insane orders that are not realistic.

Company will prey on your loyalty to your customers to perform free labor for them. This is their expected normal.

I would not work for them unless there is a mass firing of middle and upper management.

Pharmacy is about customer service, Rexall needs to relearn this lesson

Assistant hours are needed to support a pharmacist in providing Medschecks

Phoenix program is a joke and decreases efficiency. It is there to only give a reason for a 50%+ labor cut
Cons
Work Load
Fun and helthy environment to work in
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON13 August 2016
Over the years working at Rexall Pharma Plus I have learned many useful things in my everyday life as well as my work life. The two most valuable things I have learned are team work and time management skills. A typical day at work starts off with my co-works and I coming in I prepare all the cash’s, count the safe and do all the morning paper work. Once that is done I receive all of the skids and totes that come through the back door which sometimes gets interrupted by voids, refunds and customer questions. I deal with all the orders that need to be placed and do planograms to keep the store updated. I have to ensure all tasks from our task manager is preformed daily from head office. On some days I assist in Pharmacy counting pills and preparing prescriptions for customers. I also assist in Cosmetics helping customers with questions and recommendations. Over all my day consists of making sure all customers leave satisfied and happy with the service they receive from the moment they walk in the door to the moment they walk out.
Pros
Hearing feed back from customers on how satisfied they are with the service they recieve
Cons
Not enough staff
Great place to work!!
Keyholder/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2016
Rexall offers a great place to work part-time. Nice people. Unionized environment which can be very beneficial. The work was simple but fast paced, there was always something to do and something to fix which kept me busy. Customer service was a big part in the work.
Pros
great staff, great benefits, employee discount
Cons
constantly cutting hours
A Great Place to Work!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB5 October 2016
Great Work-Life Balance, This corporate company enforces a really good Work-Life Balance program for anyone who needs it's!
A place to expand knowledge and build experience
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ON17 May 2016
At the start of your shift, you begin with cleaning up anything that needs to be put away; used medication bottles or perceptions that need to be filed. Check all the garbages and make sure they are empty and if they aren't change them. In-between those tasks during your shift you are responsible for managing the cash and helping customers. Also, if the cash is clear and all customers have been helped, you are also expected to answer phone calls and complete the task at hand. Whether that be filling a perception, faxing a doctor, or just double checking something for a customer. At the beginning of the day and end, fridges need to be checked and temperatures need to be documented. If temperatures are outside the limits you are to report that to the acting pharmacist.

During my career at Rexall I learned a great deal about medications, and found my future career as a pharmacy technician. I highly recommend this job to anyone that likes a fast paces environment and enjoys customer service.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Hated Every Minute Of It.
Student Cashier (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON2 August 2016
I was absolutely miserable working at Rexall in Smiths Falls.

I would get about 1 four hour shift every 2 weeks, and wouldn't know my schedule for the week until the Monday before the week started (so I'd have to go in on Monday to see if I was working the next day/rest of the week).

They didn't start putting money into my bank account until 2 months of me working there, and I didn't have a proper uniform until 3 months of working there.

If i was to make a small mistake (ie. put a transaction in as cash instead of card) it was like the whole world was going to fall apart. My boss would loose her mind, and by the next day the rest of the employee's would be bothering me about it as well.

Rexall is also discriminatory. The employees are made to follow around customers who have hoodies on and backpacks, as well as young women with strollers because "apparently" they WILL ABSOLUTELY steal something.

I would literally feel sick before going to work because I was so terrified of being yelled at and criticized. And I was only 14 when working there. I was still a kid!

If you hate yourself go work for Rexall.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Good part-time job, fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 January 2016
OK place to work. Part-time benefits are nice. I enjoy it as a part-time jobs but would not look into full-time as I do not believe the full time employees are paid enough.
Enjoyed working with customers
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2016
There is a lot of work load and not enough hours provided to accomplish daily work. Very supportive coworkers and enjoyed working with people. I love working in cosmetics.
Pros
I love working in cosmetics
Cons
Calling the clients for promotions because of no email system
Decent
Cashier and Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 January 2016
Didn't mind the job but don't like the fact that i had to pay $14 union dues every check when i am covered by my parents. I tried my best on the job and met great people doing so.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Not high enough salary
Worst place to be employed. They NEVER acknowledge their employees' hard work and always expect too much with minimal hours.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 May 2016
Unfortunately dedicating years of service to this place; is a huge disappointment. The so-called Regionals, LP and HO personnel walk into stores like Big Shots and snap their fingers on what needs to be done. They hardly acknowledge their employees and give 12.00 at the end of the year as a "thank you" when they have the big catered parties with give-away prices of big screen TV's etc. Hopefully being USA owned ; their employees can be treated like they do in the US; like Human Beings and not robots .
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention.
Great Pharmacy Team
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 November 2016
Collaborative, and enthusiastic team members. From processing and filling prescriptions, to counselling patients on medications and life style issues, we do it all!
Great interactions with customers
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  High River, AB17 July 2014
Great chances to interact with customers and awesome co workers. However, I find Rexall to be a company in which there is little room for advancement, and there is a definite feeling that management and head office don't care much for the employees who work the sales floor. The benefits are poor, and the pay is not much better. They don't pay more for more responsibility - what I mean is that a key holder get paid the same as a part time or full time worker (depending on whether they are full or part time) and are not compensated for taking on more responsibility within the company. Head office is very motivated by sales and profit and store employees seem to suffer more often than not because of this.
I did learn many things while working at Rexall about office work and customer service.
Pros
paid birthday off, and employee discount cards
Cons
poor pay and benefits, and a feel that head office does not care much about their empoyees.
Pharmacy Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 June 2016
there are some days that is very busy but I enjoyed a lot and I gained my knowledge and skills in good customer service and all the responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician.
great ordering system
Assistant Manager/Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Eastern Ontario26 April 2012
They play with people's lives
Why have some benefits if they don't approve them
Unapproved Dr.'s notes
They think of compassion leave as time off
Put in for vacation months in advance no answer
Some managers get whole summer off so that's leaves no summer holidays for some assistants
Called in on days off no compensation
Called in early, stay late no compensation
Incentive program does not make up for extra hours
Managers can schedule assistant managers 4 and 5 nights
If I ever hear a Regional Director say it is what it is again it will be way too soon. How unprofessional. Just answer the question like a professional.
Write up all managers as soon as they can so they have something over their head. So they can walk in anytime and let them go. Managers walking on egg shells. Not one manager that I know of is happy with this company. But they have so many years in they don't want to rock the boat. Unhappy employees hurt sales.
Very poor training for Assistant Managers when Managers won't let them do certain things as in office work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours, incentive not available at all stores, no choice which store you can work at, too many nights
A great place to work part-time with several benefits
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 July 2014
Rexall offers a great place to work part-time. There are three different departments to work in so you can gain a lot of experience and are rarely bored. Part-time employees are compensated very well in terms of pay, benefits, and pension. It is a unionized environment which can be very beneficial but can also sometimes pose problems for advancement.
Pros
Pay, benefits, pension
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Company focused on expanded patient focused services
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Rexall Pharma Plus8 August 2014
Demanding company to work for.
Want several medchecks completed per day (10-20).
No pharmacist overlap.
Working 13-14 hour shifts on several consecutive days.
Excellent technician staff.
Excellent patients.
Pros
Great staff, great benefits, great salary, new stores
Cons
Long hours, demanding, no work/life balance
fast pace, fun, productive place to work
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke ON10 October 2014
i really enjoyed my job at rexall; working there i met a lot of great new people; who were always willing to lend a helping hand. it was also while working cash here that i was convinced to take the cosmetics course to not only help out the store but to give me something other then high school. Union was great; and the hours were manageable.
Pros
empoyees get items at store cost, benefits.
Cons
repetitive work
place is kind of old so theres always dust everywhere and problem with ventilation. In terms of the job and co-workers it was okay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2012
I mostly worked at the cashier but I get to work on the floor sometimes. I enjoyed meeting different people everyday and talking to them and assisting them. I also worked well with my co-workers and my manager. My only problem is they don't give enough hours to the part timers.
Pros
benefits for part timers
Cons
very short hours
Huge door opener for endless retail opportunities
Front Store Staff (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2015
Work environment can be fast paced, independent, or team-work orientated. Learned to operate lotteries machine, excellent customer service skills and some management responsibilities. Management seems to know what they are doing, store is in great shape and tasks given are completed. Co-workers are well mannered, easy to get along with and overall joyful to be at work. Highs and lows with customers but, that is with any retail job and there is always someone to talk to about your concerns.

Rexall Pharma Plus Reviews by Location