REVISION MILITARY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: TOOLMAKER/MACHINIST
Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
Hours/Days Worked: 7:00AM to 3:30PM (Monday – Friday) Additional hours may be required.
Location: Mount-Royal, Quebec
Date: Oct.18th. 2013
PRIMARY EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES
The Toolmaker Machinist coordinates the activities of tooling development, production and improvement. This individual will work with internal engineering resources, product development and vendors to develop specifications and requirements for molds and other production tools.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership for tooling functional engineering teams.
- Interact with manufacturing personnel, and product development personnel towards the development of new tooling projects.
- Work closely with manufacturing staff to understand tooling performance needs.
- Review specifications for tooling projects.
- Manage the production, implementation, and delivery of new tooling.
- Work with R&D teams on forward looking projects.
- Machining Jigs & Fixtures.
- Machining Molds.
- Machining tooling.
- Tool polishing and fitting.
- Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 10-15 years with molding and production tooling design and manufacturing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Degree or certificate from Technical and or Trade school preferred
- Strong aptitude for problem solving skills and utilizing engineering principals to resolve problems.
- Ability to understand and interpret GD&T.
- Experience running CNC Milling machines.
- 3-4 axis milling machines.
- Experience in editing CNC programs.
- Capable of working to tight tolerances.
- Experience in complex set-ups.
- Good understanding of Metrology.
- Experience with CAM software, MASTERCAM preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to accomplish objectives with effective organizational skills that support corporate goals.
- A high level of demonstrated technical proficiency and aptitude.
- Familiarity with working in an ISO environment.
- Open-minded, willing to learn new things, and innovative in thinking and problem-solving.
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Integrity and trust
WORK ENVIRONMENT (include physical requirements)
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds required.
- Hearing and eye protection required.
- Lifting, Bending, kneeling as necessary
Revision Military protects soldiers by designing, developing and delivering the best purpose-built military eye, face and head protection...