Revera Inc.

Revera Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, Fun,Respectful and Culture friendly workplace
Practicum Student (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONAugust 14, 2014
My typical days is when I walk into work resident/staff acknowlegeds me. The residentd love the way I treat and work with them. I learned how important safety is and at all times being polite and careful with the residents. My co-workers were very friendly and supportive. The hardest part was leaving to go home when I truly wanted to stay back and help – more... more. My most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the smiles on the residents faces when ever they saw me and they felt safe and secured with me. – less
Not a lot of opportunities to advance; pay is mediocre at best.
Director of Recreation (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
If you are okay with programming activities and events for seniors and not making much money then this maybe the job for you. There are a lot of "politics" behind the scenes and a lot is expected of you.
a caring facility
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Brandon, MBAugust 12, 2014
my day was always busy and interesting..always learned something new..love to be busy in all aspects of senior care in a facility that has good management with good communication and continuity of care.I love being part of a good team...I enjoy meeting new residents, I have learned so much from them and made many great friends over the 37 years of employment.He – more... hardest part of my job ws saying good bye to my special seniors but I do the best I can to make it an easy transition for them. – less
office is extremely unorganized. Clients are awesome.
Home Care Worker (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONAugust 8, 2014
Pros: ability to accept/decline clients
Cons: poor communication in the office resulting in errors
It takes a while to get a set schedule and consistent clients. Have to drive your own vehicle from place to place on a very tight schedule. No compensation for mileage or gas in the city. Very poor pay considering the high needs of some clients. The clients are awesome. Most are glad you are there, others, not so much. The entire system needs an overhaul – more... as the need is great, but the pay is poor. – less
Nasty Management
psw (Former Employee), blenheimJuly 20, 2014
Pros: residents and staff
Cons: work load and management
gave them 30 years enjoyed my job but not the stress,bullying,which caused me anxiety ,depression .They say u can t bully people but its ok for management .told to get my work done after they pile so much on can t even get it done on a good day let alone more and more .Makes me sick revera looks good to others but they treat their staff horribly constantly – more... told to get your work done or they ll be discipline like were 3 years old.too much responciblity put on psw s not enough money for what they expect which is blood – less
Good monday to friday job for some.
LPN Client Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 18, 2014
Pros: later start time in the morning., some of the staff are awesome to work with.
Cons: not enough hours in a day to complete all tasks. quite often work on weekends.
Normally 10 hour days even if only getting paid for 8.
Co workers seem to be the only means of support.
Very poor, senior management
Senior Coordination Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 8, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: employee contributions go unnoticed and unappreciated
Training is almost nonexistent, salary is mediocre at best, senior management very reactionary, scattered and unprofessional. Corporate HR needs to take heed about in house practices on how employees are managed.
busy schedule
Care Aide (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 4, 2014
Good Management. Friendly environment with different residents.
Good Place - poor management
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: good wages
Cons: lack of direction
many changes
lack of direction from management
great co workers
high work load
Revera
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Simcoe, ONMay 8, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: not enough hours guarenteed
I enjoy helping my clients start there day off bye assisting them with there ADL'S (activities of daily living) such as bathing, breakfast,med reminders,dressing, and over all self independence with in there homes.I learned a little bit of assistance goes a long way and is always rewarding for both myself and my clients.I basically work alone unless – more... we have to do a two person transfer and then i enjoy the women and men i work with there are very welcoming and easy to work with its all about team working and working together as a team. The hardest part of my job is meeting and getting use to clients then they r taking out of my schedules or pass on.I enjoy putting smiles on my clients faces daily and giving them some comfort and relief in there everyday livings with in there homes. – less
Productive and Fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2014
Had a chance to improve on my communication and customer service skills. I enjoyed speaking to new customers everyday. Everyday was a new day as no two customer calls would be the same.
Disappointing
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: lots of hours if you want them
Cons: demeaning feedback, unreliable hours, unreliable payroll
From my experience this was an awful place to work. Abusive management, horribly organized, unfair expectations, under appreciative, and unreliable pay just to name a few reasons. I have NEVER worked a home care position spending so much time in my car crying. I mean actually crying...
Workplace Environment
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 24, 2014
The office culture is very high pressure, though I didn`t mind the people that I worked with I felt the the environment could benefit from additional training and development on team leading skills, employee support and work/life balance.
Excellent team members friendly enviroment.
Payroll Advisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 24, 2014
In this contract position, I was given the opportunity to assist Revera in the amalgamation of their Home Health division. With this new division came a new scheduling system for payroll and the role to educate and train staff and Executive Directors of Rivera's policy and procedures.
Most Disappointed
Accounts Payable Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: shorter business hours
Cons: overtime required but not appreciated even though you are a contract employee.
I was with Revera for 2 years and 4 months on a contract position that was renewed every 3 months, 4 months or 6 months. I was really hoping to eventually to get full-time employment. I was not renewed the last time only to find out that a newly contract person that just been hired is still working after I was gone. I have since found out that they – more... are looking for another contract person for the same job description which is what I had done for that length of time. I'm most disappointed and once again Revera has given me little faith in Companies. I guess that is why I never really wanted a contract position because this is the outcome!!!! It seems to be the way the Company conducts business, – less
great clients, understanding and helpful supervisors, not enough work
Home Care Aid (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: paid travel allowance
Cons: not enough regular hours
People were passionate about their work, part time work, large gaps between job assignments and if your client is away or in hospital there is no work.
Good environment and very nice co-workers
Business Decision Support Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Enjoyed working at Revera, Retirement REIT, CPL for the last 14 years. Changed a lot of managers but with every one of them had excellent relationship. I guess work is more or less the same in every corporate office but people are those who make difference.
Administrative Duties
Receptionist/Concierge Casual Position (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 4, 2014
Answering telephone enquires
Sales and Services
Creating spreadsheets for Management
Filing
Customer Service Skills
Housekeeping
the most Enjoyable part of the job is socializing, entertaining with the Tenants
fun place to work
PSW (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: paid vaccation
Cons: hard to get approval for time off
Its good rewarding job . Possibility of getting full time hour
No support, ineffective management and a great deal of stress!
Management (Former Employee), British ColumbiaJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: the employees are great people to work with.
Cons: long hours, ineffective management coming from top 'experienced' managers, very heavy workload
Revera is not a great place to work if you want an effective experienced manager who knows what they are doing and are able to provide support and proper training to other managers and staff. Issues are swept under the carpet and are hoped to be forgotten. A lot of staff and other managers leave this company because of its uncaring and unsupportive – more... manner!

Co-workers were a great team of people to work with. Very hard-working and there for the residents.

Top management does not 'see' the residents and does not care about them. All about bringing in money.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the residents, getting to know them, building connections with them and hearing their stories. – less

1 2 3 4

About Revera Inc.

Revera Inc., is a real estate investment trust in Canada that operates seniors housing properties. Formerly named Retirement Residences – Read more