Revera Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Terrible company to work for emphasis was profit not the care for yhe residents as they advertise.the sdmistration shaifina shoukd not be therer
Director of environmental services Revera (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB scenic acresJuly 23, 2016
Not a place to work lots of people that did not know anything, the residents i felt sorry for because of the conditions of the building and not enough budget because of profit oriented company . Nice front but the focus is on money not the well being of the residents.too bad .Too many Chiefs
No coordination and a lot of time wasted including money .They don't have it together. The condition of the residence is terrible.Not a safe place!!

Albert
Pros
Cons
Long hours and a lot of bandaid work. Temporary fixes dangerous
great place to work
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NSMay 27, 2016
During my 2 years at Revera Home Health I really enjoyed my work . even though we didn't get to see other co workers or management often we were always in touch through company cell phones that all employees were provided with ,I found this to be a great asset to my job for the GPS to find clients home promptly, and also to be able to communicate any concerns with other employees who also did shifts at the same client . The main thing I learned at Revera was to work more effectively and efficiently alone.to make quick decisions with no supervisor around as I was in a private home .I enjoy to work alone. the hardest part of my job at Revera and still is and was in any company is when the client feels alone weather they are at end stage of life or just sad you are leaving after your 1 hr shift and now they are alone until I arrive tomorrow . I enjoy the smile I see on their faces when I arrive tomorrow.
Pros
working alone
Cons
On stat days, i found it difficult to reach managemnet
Staffing/ Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2016
staff are friendly, they are knowledgeable. It is a large home , one of Ottawa's biggest. There is always activities going on for the residents to enjoy.
Cons
no parking
Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence. Their values speak volumes.
Director of Care (Current Employee) –  Hillside Manor, StratfordMay 26, 2016
A great place to work, motivated and dedicated people helping other people.
A day in long term care is never an easy one. Lots of paper work, problems, fires to put out etc. It's never dull and always stressful but a real joy. When you have a company that supports your efforts, it makes the job that much easier to deal with. It's good to know that your employer appreciates your efforts and rewards you with a job well done. The atmosphere is positive which helps you get through those tough days when everything seems to go wrong. There was always an encouraging word.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long days and sore feet
Productive and friendly staff
Project Management Internship (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2016
Develop appropriate documentation for all phases of a project. Stakeholder management, Develop communication plan. Status reports, Attend to weekly status meetings.
Great culture
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2016
I had a great time working at Revera. Everyone there was very respectful and helpful. We even had quite a few awesome events e.g. dunk the executives into water to raise money for charity
Productive and Fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONApril 28, 2016
I have only been with the company a few months and it is a great place to work, fellow staff and management is very helpful and friendly.
The learning aspect is continuous, the keep your education and skills up to date.
Pros
Continuing education
Cons
lack of hours
Contract Position
Regional Recruitment Specialist Contract (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONApril 19, 2016
Contract position only. Personal Home Health Care. Recruiting for Personal Support Workers, Home Support Workers, Nurses, Managers, Administration.
fun workplace, very friendly supervisors
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
working in the company for almost 2 years now, supervisors are great, co workers are great, coordinators are ok...the most enjoyable part of the job is the joy that clients gives when they tell you how great were you at the what you do...
Pros
supervisors are nice
Cons
it used to be flexible with time
Giving care is all i want to everyone I can.
Assisting resident (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Depends on day and clients needs, when I arrive client house: first make sure the client is alive and breathing then i either follow client needs, client log book or set my priorities to fit client. I have learnt that client are to be treated as individual with respect and compassionate care. Also client choice comes first, never to be rude , disrespectful or abuse any client. Can work independently or with group. I am very friendly and good team-player with co-worker. Hardest part of my job is i put too much feeling to client. I love my job, showing care and given little help to client gives me heart-full joy, because I believe that one day i would also need help.
Physiotherapist
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 14, 2016
No management help onsite. Rarely seen or heard from bosses. Left to do your work and only negative feedback ever given. Pay is good, but only contract work, no room for advancement, no pay raises in 10 years, same contract always.
Good place to start your career, but no room for advancement
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Greatful for the opportunity to work here. It inspired me to further my education to become a nurse. I left due to insufficient hours and snatched up a better opportunity at another company.
Pros
Assisting the elderly and seeing the smiles on their faces
Cons
Low pay, 1-2 shifts biweekly
Parents of young kids beware...
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Bow Crest Care Center in Calgary,ABMarch 3, 2016
The management and front end staff was nice enough but nursing staff unison was lacking. I had team mates bewildered when I provided care for a resident on their care wing without complaint , instead of what they were use to which was someone hunting them down or ringing the call bell and leaving the resident to wait. I enjoyed the friendships I built with both residents and co-workers. I also would not recommend working with this company if you have young children. I was employed with them for 45 shifts but missed 5. Four of those were due to my 1year old and 3 year old getting very sick and not being allowed to attend their day home. One of those was for me because I became sick after nursing my two little ones back to health. I did provide a doctors note and called in with plenty of time (4plus hours) to replace me. I also managed to cover 3 shifts in effort to make up for absence. However they still terminated my employment since I was still on probation and the union could not help me.
good team atmosphere
Senior Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 2, 2016
long hours but high potential for career growth. access to interesting projects. strategic direction of the company is challenging.
Quiet setting
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Working together with a team to over see the well being of kids registered for day camp. Planning activities to see to it that campers have a great safe summer filled with a lot of physical activity and peer relation building.
fabulous challanging energetic place of work
personal suport (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Constant shifts friendly atmosphere cheerful people staff were behind thier employers had confidence in the job they did challenging enjoyable pushing you to your limits and providing workshops to get you to quality the residents deserve like working with a family good place to work
Porductive, caring
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part was watching the residents get the care they deserve, in a caring environment. The staff are great with the residents and their family.
Amazing Place
Junior Capital Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Great place to work at. Loved the atmosphere and working hours. A lot of room for advancement. Supportive staff and great working environment.
Productive and Fun Work place
Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 29, 2015
Productive and Fun Work place. Good management and staff. Great atmosphere to grow in. Very supportive mananagement and very flexible.
Great place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 15, 2015
During my tenure at Revera, I was given the opportunity to contribute to a phenomenal team of talented individuals. Work life balance was an issue over a period of time and ultimately decided to expand my horizons. Direct manager and Sr. Leadership team was 100% supportive in all aspects. Would highly recommend this company!
Pros
Awesome team, management team and leadership, very supportive work environment
Cons
Work/Life balance at times

2.8