Revera Inc.

Revera Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good monday to friday job for some.
LPN Client Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 18, 2014
Pros: later start time in the morning., some of the staff are awesome to work with.
Cons: not enough hours in a day to complete all tasks. quite often work on weekends.
Normally 10 hour days even if only getting paid for 8.
Co workers seem to be the only means of support.
Very poor, senior management
Senior Coordination Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 8, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: employee contributions go unnoticed and unappreciated
Training is almost nonexistent, salary is mediocre at best, senior management very reactionary, scattered and unprofessional. Corporate HR needs to take heed about in house practices on how employees are managed.
busy schedule
Care Aide (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 4, 2014
Good Management. Friendly environment with different residents.
Good Place - poor management
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: good wages
Cons: lack of direction
many changes
lack of direction from management
great co workers
high work load
Revera
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Simcoe, ONMay 8, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: not enough hours guarenteed
I enjoy helping my clients start there day off bye assisting them with there ADL'S (activities of daily living) such as bathing, breakfast,med reminders,dressing, and over all self independence with in there homes.I learned a little bit of assistance goes a long way and is always rewarding for both myself and my clients.I basically work alone unless – more... we have to do a two person transfer and then i enjoy the women and men i work with there are very welcoming and easy to work with its all about team working and working together as a team. The hardest part of my job is meeting and getting use to clients then they r taking out of my schedules or pass on.I enjoy putting smiles on my clients faces daily and giving them some comfort and relief in there everyday livings with in there homes. – less
Productive and Fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2014
Had a chance to improve on my communication and customer service skills. I enjoyed speaking to new customers everyday. Everyday was a new day as no two customer calls would be the same.
Disappointing
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: lots of hours if you want them
Cons: demeaning feedback, unreliable hours, unreliable payroll
From my experience this was an awful place to work. Abusive management, horribly organized, unfair expectations, under appreciative, and unreliable pay just to name a few reasons. I have NEVER worked a home care position spending so much time in my car crying. I mean actually crying...
Excellent team members friendly enviroment.
Payroll Advisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 24, 2014
In this contract position, I was given the opportunity to assist Revera in the amalgamation of their Home Health division. With this new division came a new scheduling system for payroll and the role to educate and train staff and Executive Directors of Rivera's policy and procedures.
Most Disappointed
Accounts Payable Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: shorter business hours
Cons: overtime required but not appreciated even though you are a contract employee.
I was with Revera for 2 years and 4 months on a contract position that was renewed every 3 months, 4 months or 6 months. I was really hoping to eventually to get full-time employment. I was not renewed the last time only to find out that a newly contract person that just been hired is still working after I was gone. I have since found out that they – more... are looking for another contract person for the same job description which is what I had done for that length of time. I'm most disappointed and once again Revera has given me little faith in Companies. I guess that is why I never really wanted a contract position because this is the outcome!!!! It seems to be the way the Company conducts business, – less
The place where you work is as good as your manager.
employee (Former Employee), New WestminsterFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: short commute to work
Cons: long hours, unorganized, need to multi task with not enough time in your day.
Revera has gone downhill over the past decade. I spent a good number of years working for Revera, and there was a time when management team cared about you as an individual, residents and families were looked after in a holistic manner and staff members genuinely did their best under the management's supervision.

The units are unorganized, staff incompetent – more... and managers only care about the initiatives that are pushed from the top down! The senior management back East has no clue what is happening in BC.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with seniors, family members and peers. – less
great clients, understanding and helpful supervisors, not enough work
Home Care Aid (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: paid travel allowance
Cons: not enough regular hours
People were passionate about their work, part time work, large gaps between job assignments and if your client is away or in hospital there is no work.
Good environment and very nice co-workers
Business Decision Support Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Enjoyed working at Revera, Retirement REIT, CPL for the last 14 years. Changed a lot of managers but with every one of them had excellent relationship. I guess work is more or less the same in every corporate office but people are those who make difference.
Administrative Duties
Receptionist/Concierge Casual Position (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 4, 2014
Answering telephone enquires
Sales and Services
Creating spreadsheets for Management
Filing
Customer Service Skills
Housekeeping
the most Enjoyable part of the job is socializing, entertaining with the Tenants
fun place to work
PSW (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: paid vaccation
Cons: hard to get approval for time off
Its good rewarding job . Possibility of getting full time hour
No support, ineffective management and a great deal of stress!
Management (Former Employee), British ColumbiaJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: the employees are great people to work with.
Cons: long hours, ineffective management coming from top 'experienced' managers, very heavy workload
Revera is not a great place to work if you want an effective experienced manager who knows what they are doing and are able to provide support and proper training to other managers and staff. Issues are swept under the carpet and are hoped to be forgotten. A lot of staff and other managers leave this company because of its uncaring and unsupportive – more... manner!

Co-workers were a great team of people to work with. Very hard-working and there for the residents.

Top management does not 'see' the residents and does not care about them. All about bringing in money.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the residents, getting to know them, building connections with them and hearing their stories. – less
sucked
recreation assistnat (Former Employee), toronto onJanuary 22, 2014
do not work here. i was fired out of nowhere no even by my deparment head.
Not a good place to work or to be
Revera employee (Former Employee), OttawaJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: residents are friendly
Cons: everything!
Number 1 priority should be the residents, unfortunately, their standards are far from that and there is too much greed and the residents come last. The environment itself is stressful and there is NO teamwork. Everyone goes behind each others back to be at the top of the rest. Pay is not good for all the work that is done. Management does not care, – more... nor are they at their facilities when needed (go on break for most of the day) – less
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 10, 2014
management as well as coworkers very friendly. Enjoyable moment of working for Revera is seeing the smiles on my clients faces when i cared for them
Growing company, fast paced environment
Payroll advisor (Current Employee), Cambridge, OntarioJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: hours and close proximity to home
Cons: no growth opportunities
Was given the opportunity to join a team project when a new payroll system introduced company wide. Currently processing timecards for 4000 management employees using JDE Oracle. Responsible for Records of employment, Garnishments, Top Ups, Grievances, Government reporting and vacation reconciliations. Contact for all government agency questions and – more... concerns. – less
Fun and great place to be employed
Assist in feeding and personal hygiene (Former Employee), WhitbyNovember 10, 2013
Excellent learning experiences. Great people and knowledgable staff. Quickly get back to you if you have questions that need to be answered

1 2 3 4

About Revera Inc.

Revera Inc., is a real estate investment trust in Canada that operates seniors housing properties. Formerly named Retirement Residences – Read more