Revera Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Giving care is all i want to everyone I can.
Assisting resident (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Depends on day and clients needs, when I arrive client house: first make sure the client is alive and breathing then i either follow client needs, client log book or set my priorities to fit client. I have learnt that client are to be treated as individual with respect and compassionate care. Also client choice comes first, never to be rude , disrespectful or abuse any client. Can work independently or with group. I am very friendly and good team-player with co-worker. Hardest part of my job is i put too much feeling to client. I love my job, showing care and given little help to client gives me heart-full joy, because I believe that one day i would also need help.
fun workplace, very friendly supervisors
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
working in the company for almost 2 years now, supervisors are great, co workers are great, coordinators are ok...the most enjoyable part of the job is the joy that clients gives when they tell you how great were you at the what you do...
Pros
supervisors are nice
Cons
it used to be flexible with time
Good place to start your career, but no room for advancement
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Greatful for the opportunity to work here. It inspired me to further my education to become a nurse. I left due to insufficient hours and snatched up a better opportunity at another company.
Pros
Assisting the elderly and seeing the smiles on their faces
Cons
Low pay, 1-2 shifts biweekly
fabulous challanging energetic place of work
personal suport (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Constant shifts friendly atmosphere cheerful people staff were behind thier employers had confidence in the job they did challenging enjoyable pushing you to your limits and providing workshops to get you to quality the residents deserve like working with a family good place to work
Great place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 15, 2015
During my tenure at Revera, I was given the opportunity to contribute to a phenomenal team of talented individuals. Work life balance was an issue over a period of time and ultimately decided to expand my horizons. Direct manager and Sr. Leadership team was 100% supportive in all aspects. Would highly recommend this company!
Pros
Awesome team, management team and leadership, very supportive work environment
Cons
Work/Life balance at times
Productive and Fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONApril 28, 2016
I have only been with the company a few months and it is a great place to work, fellow staff and management is very helpful and friendly.
The learning aspect is continuous, the keep your education and skills up to date.
Pros
Continuing education
Cons
lack of hours
Professional and friendly team
Operations Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 1, 2015
Highly intense, busy but manageable, every day.
I've learned professionalism and how to stay calm under pressure.
Most of the Management team were supportive, motivating and encouraging.
My co-workers were fabulous, some of which will be life long friends.
The hardest part of my job was managing the work load and the most enjoyable part was being successful and the relationships with my colleagues
Pros
large company - opportunity to grow
Cons
inequality amongst employees - only certain members of staff are rewarded based on performance
Parents of young kids beware...
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Bow Crest Care Center in Calgary,ABMarch 3, 2016
The management and front end staff was nice enough but nursing staff unison was lacking. I had team mates bewildered when I provided care for a resident on their care wing without complaint , instead of what they were use to which was someone hunting them down or ringing the call bell and leaving the resident to wait. I enjoyed the friendships I built with both residents and co-workers. I also would not recommend working with this company if you have young children. I was employed with them for 45 shifts but missed 5. Four of those were due to my 1year old and 3 year old getting very sick and not being allowed to attend their day home. One of those was for me because I became sick after nursing my two little ones back to health. I did provide a doctors note and called in with plenty of time (4plus hours) to replace me. I also managed to cover 3 shifts in effort to make up for absence. However they still terminated my employment since I was still on probation and the union could not help me.
Physiotherapist
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 14, 2016
No management help onsite. Rarely seen or heard from bosses. Left to do your work and only negative feedback ever given. Pay is good, but only contract work, no room for advancement, no pay raises in 10 years, same contract always.
Quiet setting
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Working together with a team to over see the well being of kids registered for day camp. Planning activities to see to it that campers have a great safe summer filled with a lot of physical activity and peer relation building.
Good company with supportive staff,good compensation,and flexible time.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 1, 2015
Working with Revera for almost three years gave me some learning experience as a Nurse especially in terms of colaborating with other health care team and became an advocate to the clients.Though time is flexible with them,I learned to manage it so well without having problems with clients with the support of the Coordinators and Supervisors who are like a family to me.So in return,i did my best to deliver the care that the clients are needed for them to recognize and selected me as the employer of one of the months.
Contract Position
Regional Recruitment Specialist Contract (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONApril 19, 2016
Contract position only. Personal Home Health Care. Recruiting for Personal Support Workers, Home Support Workers, Nurses, Managers, Administration.
Fun and Friendly Place To Work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 4, 2015
Work/ Home life is easy to balance as the co-ordinators are very understanding.

Most employees love their job and go above and beyond their duties.

Would work for them again in a heart beat!
Pros
Great benefits, great wages
Cons
Sometimes you don't get a full 8 hour shift
Home with many challenges but a good support team to assist you whenever you needed help
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakehead ManorSeptember 5, 2015
A vibrant home with both convalescent and long term care home beds. Home is old and the residents need to come down to the main dining room three times a day. This was challenging for staff and residents alike. Many recent upgrades have made the home brighter and more homelike.
I appreciate the opportunity Revera gave to me to further my career in long term care.
Pros
Understanding management team
Cons
Lots of crisis to deal with on a daily basis - good experience!
Porductive, caring
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part was watching the residents get the care they deserve, in a caring environment. The staff are great with the residents and their family.
Previous employer
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 26, 2015
Excellent company to work for.
competitive wages, great benefits, amazing clients, and a very flexible company.
Great advancement opportunities in both certification classes and employment opportunities.
good team atmosphere
Senior Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 2, 2016
long hours but high potential for career growth. access to interesting projects. strategic direction of the company is challenging.
I can't believe I stayed as long as I did
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 11, 2015
I worked with Revera for quite some time. I've seen the environment become to a point of almost unbearable while the work load increased.
Not enough appreciation for office and community staff.
The hardest part of the job. not being heard
The best part of the job. Seeing families happy with services
Pros
moving office locations
Cons
To many
Great Team
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 27, 2015
Though I was only there as a volunteer, I was appreciated and accepted as one of the employees by management and by the others. I learned alot from my stay and felt that I was respected. I enjoyed interacted with the seniors. If able to, I would gladly return to volunteer there again.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Distance
Amazing Place
Junior Capital Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Great place to work at. Loved the atmosphere and working hours. A lot of room for advancement. Supportive staff and great working environment.