Revera Inc. Employee Reviews

Great culture
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2016
I had a great time working at Revera. Everyone there was very respectful and helpful. We even had quite a few awesome events e.g. dunk the executives into water to raise money for charity
Physiotherapist
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 March 2016
No management help onsite. Rarely seen or heard from bosses. Left to do your work and only negative feedback ever given. Pay is good, but only contract work, no room for advancement, no pay raises in 10 years, same contract always.
Terrible company to work for emphasis was profit not the care for yhe residents as they advertise.the sdmistration shaifina shoukd not be therer
Director of environmental services Revera (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB scenic acres23 July 2016
Not a place to work lots of people that did not know anything, the residents i felt sorry for because of the conditions of the building and not enough budget because of profit oriented company . Nice front but the focus is on money not the well being of the residents.too bad .Too many Chiefs
No coordination and a lot of time wasted including money .They don't have it together. The condition of the residence is terrible.Not a safe place!!

Albert
Pros
Cons
Long hours and a lot of bandaid work. Temporary fixes dangerous
Nice place, great coworkers but needs improvement on mental and physical health
PSW (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 August 2016
Coworkers where amazing to work with as a team they go above and beyond with making sure the residents are safe, happy and cared for. Like most PSW positions in LTC the biggest complaint is being understaffed. One of the biggest issues is that management needs to recognize mental health strain PSW get, emotional and physical health of a PSW is vital, if a PSW has caregiver burnout it's not good for the residents or the PSW. Staffing issues could easily be solved if management is willing to listen to the PSW. If the DOC isn't willing to listen and has an attitude of "if you want the job it's this way or the highway type of attitude" no one wins
Pros
Coworkers do work as a team
Cons
Not recognizing someone going above and beyond.
The friendliest place I have ever worked
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON - Elginwood2 August 2016
I did my consolidation placement here and remained in touch till a position opened up. They hire casual at first & have to wait for a part time to open up. I couldn't have asked for better staff. They are extremely helpful and training is given till you're confident in your abilities. Meds and wound treatments are the majority of your duties. There are slow days and there are hectic days but staff are always there to assist you. You can call on any staff for a simple question or to assist with a skill you are new too. It is a good place to build seniority for new grads as well. Management is approachable and everyone greets you when you enter and leave the building. I have build friendships with my colleagues very quickly. AND there is no such thing as nurse to nurse bullying at this site.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Casual position means you can assume short notice calls
Revera is a great place to work
Pcard Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 October 2016
I love working for the Revera Support Office. There are so many opportunities for advancement and it is a great team to work with. They appreciate work/life balance and for the most part the wages are fair.
Bizarre experience, very odd patchwork of not real management
reg staff (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 September 2016
very strange place, way too much paper work and way too little resident care, management was a revolving door of grossly disgusting humans who think they are super stars yet do not have a clue, one obese manger walked around swearing all the time but would judge her "staff" like she was the best role model, all staff hated it there but stayed for the money knowing management would rotate in less than a year, or die of obesity, avoid this place,run
Pros
Cons
too mant to mention
I learned how to check water temperatures(Hot/Cold),working in the boiler/mechanical rooms.
Maintenance, Housekeeping and Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB9 September 2016
It was a good place to work as casual in maintenance,but,when the two Co-workers came back to work(that I was replacing),I was asked to work in the Maintenance Department, Kitchen,Laundry,and the
Housekeeping Departments. that was Mandatory. I was not found of that idea. I have tried working in the Maintenance,Kitchen, and Housekeeping Departments.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No communication between management to employees.
great place to work
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS27 May 2016
During my 2 years at Revera Home Health I really enjoyed my work . even though we didn't get to see other co workers or management often we were always in touch through company cell phones that all employees were provided with ,I found this to be a great asset to my job for the GPS to find clients home promptly, and also to be able to communicate any concerns with other employees who also did shifts at the same client . The main thing I learned at Revera was to work more effectively and efficiently alone.to make quick decisions with no supervisor around as I was in a private home .I enjoy to work alone. the hardest part of my job at Revera and still is and was in any company is when the client feels alone weather they are at end stage of life or just sad you are leaving after your 1 hr shift and now they are alone until I arrive tomorrow . I enjoy the smile I see on their faces when I arrive tomorrow.
Pros
working alone
Cons
On stat days, i found it difficult to reach managemnet
Professional customer and employee focused
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON21 November 2016
Challenging and rewarding place to work.
Being person centered at the heart of everything they do
Professional development is encouraged grow from within
Pros
Making a difference
Wonderful Residents, Terrible Management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2016
The residents are amazing to work with, but the management team is terrible. They are unfair, and expect you to know the job the minute you start. There is an insane amount of gossip among the management team. They give you no room to grow and if you have your own voice they shut you down as soon as they can.
Pros
Great Residents
Cons
Terrible Management
Previous employer
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 November 2015
Excellent company to work for.
competitive wages, great benefits, amazing clients, and a very flexible company.
Great advancement opportunities in both certification classes and employment opportunities.
Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence. Their values speak volumes.
Director of Care (Current Employee) –  Hillside Manor, Stratford26 May 2016
A great place to work, motivated and dedicated people helping other people.
A day in long term care is never an easy one. Lots of paper work, problems, fires to put out etc. It's never dull and always stressful but a real joy. When you have a company that supports your efforts, it makes the job that much easier to deal with. It's good to know that your employer appreciates your efforts and rewards you with a job well done. The atmosphere is positive which helps you get through those tough days when everything seems to go wrong. There was always an encouraging word.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long days and sore feet
Just another day at work
PSW / DIETARY AIDE (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON31 August 2016
Everyday challenges but u learn to work them out. Very busy and stressful at times. But also lade back and easy at times. Every day is different. And every client/resident is different and special in there own way. Seeing a smile on there face makes me feel so happy to no I have made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Seeing smiles on clients / residents faces
Cons
Lack of staff
Overall a bad place
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Swift Current, SK19 September 2016
Always hearing negative feedback from our residents about other staff and building conditions.
Shift duties are extremely unbalanced. Managment doesn't take in the feedback form his/ her employees causing a problem keeping workers.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Managment sucks
Fun and Friendly Place To Work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 November 2015
Work/ Home life is easy to balance as the co-ordinators are very understanding.

Most employees love their job and go above and beyond their duties.

Would work for them again in a heart beat!
Pros
Great benefits, great wages
Cons
Sometimes you don't get a full 8 hour shift
Busy workplace environments
ADMINISTRATIVE CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Heath, AB19 October 2016
Booking clients with health care aid. Tight deadlines and very fast environment with very challenging deadlines. Shift work with early morning and late into the evening, on rotating shifts.
Parents of young kids beware...
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Bow Crest Care Center in Calgary,AB3 March 2016
The management and front end staff was nice enough but nursing staff unison was lacking. I had team mates bewildered when I provided care for a resident on their care wing without complaint , instead of what they were use to which was someone hunting them down or ringing the call bell and leaving the resident to wait. I enjoyed the friendships I built with both residents and co-workers. I also would not recommend working with this company if you have young children. I was employed with them for 45 shifts but missed 5. Four of those were due to my 1year old and 3 year old getting very sick and not being allowed to attend their day home. One of those was for me because I became sick after nursing my two little ones back to health. I did provide a doctors note and called in with plenty of time (4plus hours) to replace me. I also managed to cover 3 shifts in effort to make up for absence. However they still terminated my employment since I was still on probation and the union could not help me.
Very poorly run - way behind in times inexperienced E.D.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lambton, ON10 August 2016
Wanted a yes person and was expected to work many additional hours unpaid.
Expected to do the job of 4 full time employees.
There's a reason why 4 managers have left since me in 1.5yrs...
Giving care is all i want to everyone I can.
Assisting resident (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2016
Depends on day and clients needs, when I arrive client house: first make sure the client is alive and breathing then i either follow client needs, client log book or set my priorities to fit client. I have learnt that client are to be treated as individual with respect and compassionate care. Also client choice comes first, never to be rude , disrespectful or abuse any client. Can work independently or with group. I am very friendly and good team-player with co-worker. Hardest part of my job is i put too much feeling to client. I love my job, showing care and given little help to client gives me heart-full joy, because I believe that one day i would also need help.

2.8